Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: A Challenge to Jatland Youth - Time for Action

Let Me Hit The Century

This happens to be the 100th post in response to the thread started by honourable Dr Birbal jee.I am indeed feel previledged to post my comments.I find every body very enthusiastic on paper[that is also not bad] but nobody is clear as to what are we up to? We have selected a team to discuss....BUT WHAT? Infact it is again the same old story repeating itself.....Who came first
    HEN or EGG?

Every one out here means good for the community and it is amply supported and demonstrated by intellectual pen downs.So far so good.My question to all of you is very simple and that is...When are we going to get into the act itself? Fix one target,how so ever small it may be,nominate leaders for that task,generate required funds and act quickly in right earnest so that people at large start beleiving us as movers. Again this needs sacrifice of highest order.HERE I AM TO PROPOSE..............I ANNOUNCE AN AMOUNT OF RS 10,000 Towards giving incentive to the following catagories of young people[ This can be a very small sum part of a larger one as more people come forward]

a] Any jat boy/girl standing 1st in the board/cbse exams in 10th and 12th[amount can be fixed by the committe so formed for the purpose]
    b] Any Jat boy/girl getting through to IAS
    c] Any boy/girl Passing out with gold medal/sword of honour from Indian military academy/OTA Chennai
    d] Any boy/girl excelling in the field of IT or related fields
    e] Most progressive Farmer
    f] Most progressive Village
    g] Best work by a Jat man/woman in the field of social awareness/justice
    h] Best Jat politician
    j] Best sarpanch..........ETC-2... [By no means this list is exhaustive]

* BIG VENTURES AS SUGGESTED BY YOU CAN FOLLOW SUIT.

Hope i talked sense..............Aggar nahin to MAFF KAR dena.

REGARDS and RAM-RAM
    Last edited by devdahiya; January 19th, 2005 at 01:06 AM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by anilkc
    experience so far:
    1) Its very difficult to take risk
    2) You need good network of ppl with passion and trust
    3) There is no magic biz/investment which will make you rich overnight
    4) Be patient

Anyone with new ideas on how to move fwd?
    Anil,

From a large number of posts by you on this site I can say that you have the desire, patience and tenacity to become a successful enterpreneur. Your analysis above is correct but if you (and your core group) keep at it, you will succeed. I am sure you have read the whole story of Hotmail effort by Sabir Bhatia and there are many others who made it because they did not give up.
    So, keep moving forward with determination and you will get at your desired destination.

Good luck.
    Birbal Singh

Great Thread Again

What a concern on the part of Dr Birbal?
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    kiya hua bhai logon?
    is thread ke sath sath baki kaam bhi band hai ya chupke chupke kuch ho raha hai?

Good News

This thread started almost exactly one year ago has been dormant for a while. I am pleased to report to the Jatland community that Mr. Anil Chaudhary, has been successful in establishing a startup company. Those interested can look up at http://www.kardea-inc.com for further information on his venture.

Congratulations to Anil for being persistent in his effort and let us wish him the best for a successful future. No wonder we did not hear from him for a long time as he must have been very busy in his new venture.
    Birbal Singh

Congratulations to Mr Anil Chaudhary. Hope many more people take initiatives to start their ventures.

Rajendra

Thanks to all for there encouragement and guidance...i have taken the 1st few baby steps and hope to receive the blessing of elders and the same level of support from all in future. I have reduced my visit to this site, but am not gone. Anyone can send me an email anytime and would be eager to pass on the experience to others. thanx once again.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    http://www.samachar.com/tech/fullstory.html

TECH TALK: India Needs More Entrepreneurs: Start-up!
    By Rajesh Jain

The recent issue of Business Week has a cover story on China and India. The bottomline: “The balance of power will shift to the East as China and India evolve.” This was the backdrop of a discussion I had with a US-based venture capitalist of Indian origin who had an interesting take on the problems with entrepreneurship in India. He made four points.

First, salaries in India will rise faster than cost of living which would make it unattractive for employees working with the international majors to quit and create or join a start-up. Second, even the ones who are venturing out seem to be more focused on services than products. Third, the few in the products area seem content OEMing their creation to the market leaders rather than taking them on with full stacks. Finally, Indian companies lack vision to think big and global. I agreed with him on all four counts and added one of my own. It is well nigh impossible to do a tech, product-oriented start-up because angel and early-stage funding is simply not there.

Of course, there are exceptions, but we are not talking about those here. What is under discussion is the need for Indians to venture out into the world of entrepreneurship, build intellectual property and create wealth, which hopefully will find its way back into the system to fund more start-ups. India may be becoming a hotbed of innovation as an increasing share of global R&D shifts here. But Indians are still not making the shift to entrepreneurship and aiming to build the next Microsofts, Ciscos and Googles – we seem to be content working for them.

This week’s Tech Talk is, thus, an exhortation and a plea to arms – India needs Entrepreneurs. They need to go out there and build out the next global giants. In doing so, like in any race, many will fail. But a few will succeed. Together, they will inspire the next generation. That, according to me, will be the real coming of age of Indian technology and entrepreneurship – when we start building the products the world needs out of India. To do this, we need to get out of the comfort zone we find ourselves so happily ensconced in and make the leap.

Two years ago, I wrote a Letter to Non-Resident Indians, urging them to consider returning to India given the changes that were taking place and the opportunities that were opening up. I am glad to say that what has started as a trickle is now becoming a steady stream. It is not yet a flood, but we will get there. This Tech Talk can be thought of as a plea to all the experienced techies and managers sitting in well-paying jobs in India and outside to consider the entrepreneurial route in India. Why and How? That’s the part we will take up in the rest of this series.

Smile

Budh Ram ji,

You are right about lack of enterprenual drive in our community. Mainly because of our back ground where there is little appreciation for intangible assets i.e. IP and business good will which leads to risk aversion strategy for personnel life and career goals. Another one is sense of insecurity which prompts us to save for a rainy day. This could be offset upto certain extent by family support which we used to have in abundance. However it is regrettably vanishing with nucleus families and instead of growing in personality more educated Jats seem to be shrinking within their own cells. You can blame Sanskars or parents but the fact remains that factor of selfishness is on the rise in whole of country and Jats are included.

Infact it sudden rush to materialism and total abandonment of our spiritual side which is largely responsible for this downfall in our thinking. Charity begins at home and we have to start thinking beyond our little selves, our families and relatives and think for the mankind and aspire for greatre heights of achievement than mere collection of goodies to satisfy physical needs. Then only we can hope to attain self actualisation and dream about bigger and better things. Hopefuly that day will come. may be not within our life time. But cycle of nature says that it has to come. In the mean time we can focus our energies in doing the best we can. There are plenty of ideas for aspiring enterpreneurs and some of them can be posted here for the benefit of all.

Hi Friends:
    We have many more people who can provide very useful inputs to aspiring students and/or career professionals...
    Besides this we need ideas to streamline how to handle new queries..right now it seems that the forum interface and Prof. Singh are doing a fine job...
    Last edited by ratananmol; July 7th, 2006 at 12:25 PM.

Thumbs up Ground Work

Guys, I was going through current interesting discussion going in thread 'an open letter....... in another section and a reply by Mr Mukesh Kumar ( reply no 53 and hope he wont laugh at it.) made me dig the past about 'ground work' done by virtual jatlanders.These guys planned about making a company which you can see step by step and final result.This site really needs the genius like Dr Birbal again to participate actively again.

A work/dream is difficult before it become reality and easy.
    Thanks Bharti ji for opening this nice thread again.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; May 22nd, 2008 at 04:30 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Dr. Birbal Ji thanks for starting this topic and for bringing young blood on one platform for making couple of new future "Jat Inc"....

Here I stand:
    Education: Mechanical Engineer - 2001 From ITM, Gurgaon
    Expereince: I started my career as a GET in Production of Submerged Arc Welded Long seam, spiral seam pipes, coating on pipe (3LPE,FBE,CWC & coal tar enamel). Application of this product is for transporation of high pressure gas & oil.
    Worked as a project co-ordinater (Green field project) for Pig Iron making, Ductile Iron pipe making, Coke oven facility at Jindal Steel in Gujarat.
    Currently working as a Production Manager in Submerged Arc Welded (long Seam) pipe making facility in U.S

Dear anil, you are right every body should give there feedback in what type of buisness they are interested that will give big help in bringing right persons together.
    Well my interest is in few areas like medical services out sourcing (medical transcription, if any body can get contract from Doctors/Hospital in usa we can start this facility in india any time), part manufacturing (if long term contract), Heavy machinery (used) export to india. If some body has a good plan and market i will not mind in doing conventional buisness like Gas station,food store,etc..

Thanks & Regards,
    Ravinder Singh

Quote Originally Posted by anilkc View Post
    Thanks Birbal ji for words of encouragement.
    Trying to narrow down the scope of the future "Jat Inc"...we probabily have 2 choices:
    A service based company or a product based company. I may not be using the exact business jargon, but the basic idea is to explore in the right direction.
    Service based: consutancy, outsourcing, ISP, etc etc , the tcs types.
    Product based: selling software/hardware solutions, designs, equipemnts etc etc, e.g., i-flex, microsoft, cisco, dell types.

I would like to get a feedback from u all on what type of core business model we should we be looking at. I feel more comfortable dealing with products rather than services.