Thread: Chacha Chaudhary

Chacha Chaudhary

Chacha Chaudhary* was one of my favourite comic character and I had a huge collection of it when I was a kid and I still read it whenever I can lay a hand on it. How many of u r Chacha Chaudhary fans? I dont know if kids really know that its a Jat character but he and Sabu+ complement each other and are 2 faces of Jats.
    *Chacha Chaudhary ka dimag computer se bhi tej chalta hai.
    +Sabu ko jab gussa ata hai to Jupiter pe jwalamukhi phat ti hai.

anil chaudhary (Sep 27, 2004 08:13 a.m.):
    Chacha Chaudhary* was one of my favourite comic character and I had a huge collection of it when I was a kid and I still read it whenever I can lay a hand on it. How many of u r Chacha Chaudhary fans? I dont know if kids really know that its a Jat character but he and Sabu+ complement each other and are 2 faces of Jats.
    *Chacha Chaudhary ka dimag computer se bhi tej chalta hai.
    +Sabu ko jab gussa ata hai to Jupiter pe jwalamukhi phat ti hai.
    I have read Chacha Chaudhary a lot when a kid...but was not my most favorite comic character. (If anything I found 'Faulaad Singh' more interesting)

But 'Indrajaal Comics' was definitely the way to go for me!!! Any more fans of the exploits of 'Phantom', 'Mandrake' (and Lothar) and of course our very own Desi 'Bahadur' around here!?!

Oh man, does that bring back memories!!!!!!!
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Oye yaar ke hua Anil?

Kya baat hai, lagta hai sirf Chacha Chaudhary ki baat hi allowed hai...Ok so tell me:

Sabu unke saath hi rehta tha, to Chaudhary ji ka Ghar normal kaise dikhta tha?
    (that one was in regards to Architecture, now one related to Urban Planning)...Unke Ghar ke aas-paas sirf khula ilaka hi kyun dikhta tha? India mein aisi kaun si jagha hai, jhaan meelon tak ek do ghar aur kuch log hi dikhayee dete hain? Seema like he was living in the arid wasteland of Australia.

Anyways...sirf time pass yaar, but still; let's see if you can provide some take on that.

wait kar raha tha...kuch aur replies ka...
    Faulaadi Singh and his friend angutha singh (kiya naam tha chootku ka), bahadur and bela,
    pata nahi aajkal kahan hain sab...aajkal bade ajib ajeeb chars dikhte hain comics mein...

anil chaudhary (Sep 27, 2004 04:09 p.m.):
    wait kar raha tha...kuch aur replies ka...
    Faulaadi Singh and his friend angutha singh (kiya naam tha chootku ka), bahadur and bela,
    pata nahi aajkal kahan hain sab...aajkal bade ajib ajeeb chars dikhte hain comics mein...
    I know man! I don't know saare 'cool' characters khaan chale gaye! (Bahadur-Bela, wow... I can almost remember some of the stories even now....)

You know Phantom, aur even Tin-Tin, Aestrix-Obleix are relatively unknown comic characters here in the US. Bus pata nahi ...ye Spiderman, Superman aur Batman (and other DC comic characters) jin ke peeche pade rehte hain yhaan ke log!!!

Another great favorite of mine were the 'Amar Chitra Katha's'...the first contact about the great characters in the Hindu mythology and History!

let me add the question " who haven't read Chacha Chowdary and Saabu".....

i'm sure every body had read chachaa Chowdary.....and i'll never forget that leisure in reading...Dhruv, Lambu Motoo...

kahan gaye wa din.............!!!!

Lotpot was another fav of mine. Tinkle bhi achchi start hui thi. Remeber champak and nandan when we were kids ?
    Anyone remeber Dr Jhatka ?
    Some more trivia Q:
    1) Chacha Chaudhary ke twin brother ka kiya naam tha?
    2) Bahadur ke kutte ka kiya naam tha?
    3) Amar chitra katha ki pehli comic kaun si thi?

Oh Yes how can one forget about Chacha Chaudhary and Saabu, Faulaad Singh, Tinkle, Phantom, Nandan, Billoo (my pet name being the same).................They are all time greats!
    I didnt realise that Chacha Chaudhry was a JAT. Hmmmm Interesting!
    As a teenager I became a die hard fan of "The Hardy Boys" and I am pretty much sure that at that time I had read each and every edition that was available in the market. (I hated Nancy Drew though hard to digest the fact that time that a woman can be a detective Uh huh).
    Hopefully I will have some nice dreams tonight about all these characters.

Had a good laugh myself today, after remembering Dr. Jhatka.

I guess Chacha Chaudhary ke twin brother ka naam " chajju Chaudhary" tha!!!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Madhu-Muskaan :-)

Chirkut and Jasoos Chakram..

Vichitra Taank (Sep 28, 2004 03:59 a.m.):
    I guess Chacha Chaudhary ke twin brother ka naam " chajju Chaudhary" tha!!!!
    u r right

Choudhary (Sep 27, 2004 07:35 p.m.):
    Had a good laugh myself today, after remembering Dr. Jhatka.
    Lotpot had true Indian character names like
    motu-patlu, chelaram, ghaseeta ram, Dr. Jhatka.

[quote]Jatin Singh (Sep 27, 2004 07:15 p.m.):
    Oh Yes how can one forget about Chacha Chaudhary and Saabu, ...
    [quote]

whats interesting is the personalities of Chacha Chaudhary and Sabu: totally opposite...one was cool calm and computer se bhi tej dimag while other could be angered easily and had super human strength. This makes me think that Sabu too is also a Jat. Since its hard to fathom for others how these 2 opposing personality traits can exist in the same person, Pran took liberty of creating 2 charcters who combined together truelly represents the Jat comunity. Any comments on this ?

[quote]anil chaudhary (Sep 28, 2004 09:02 a.m.):
    [quote]Jatin Singh (Sep 27, 2004 07:15 p.m.):
    Oh Yes how can one forget about Chacha Chaudhary and Saabu, ...

whats interesting is the personalities of Chacha Chaudhary and Sabu: totally opposite...one was cool calm and computer se bhi tej dimag while other could be angered easily and had super human strength. This makes me think that Sabu too is also a Jat. Since its hard to fathom for others how these 2 opposing personality traits can exist in the same person, Pran took liberty of creating 2 charcters who combined together truelly represents the Jat comunity. Any comments on this ?
    Ah haan! See?...Now are you finally advocating (in the form of Sabu) my earlier post about Jats being blessed with superior physiques?...LOL ^_^

I thought you disagreed! [Just kidding, man...]

Waise bhi didn't Sabu come from some other planet or something?...
    By the way his war cry strengthens the fact that he just might be a JAT:
    "Jai Bajrang Bali, Tod Dushman ki Nali!"

Chacha Chaudhary ke kuttey ka naam 'Rocket' thaa...
    'Raka' was the main devil who comes time and again to devastate cities etc.
    Chacha Chaudhary ki wife thee 'Bhaagwaan'.

I remember reading Billu, Pinki...There was one character Ghaseeta Raam in Lot-Pot..it's was real fun...
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Navin Farswal (Sep 28, 2004 09:41 a.m.):
    There was one character Ghaseeta Raam in Lot-Pot..it's was real fun...
    Yeah, 'Lot-Pot' was almost like the Desi version of 'Mad' Comics!...

Koi lota de wo beete hooye din...........
    Dheeraj