Thread: Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls

I was planning to drive down to Niagara falls (US side) from NJ this weekend with my wife....Dont know much abt the place...IF any of you have any GYAN to share on that ....

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi Abhimanyu,
    I have wrote a private mail to you about Niagara Falls.
    Cheers
    Dagar

If possible get a single entry visa for canada and see it from canadian side...its 100 times better. U can get the visa same day from NY canadian consulate. Other advt of Canada is that it would be cheaper to stay and Niagara downtown is great time pass. Be there at night for illumination. Also, on friday night they have fireworks.
    Njoy ur trip.

The view is definitely much better from the Canadian side as mentioned by Anil.
    Instead of taking the monotonous 95 all the way to Niagara, I would suggest that you follow the scenic route through upstate New York's Finger Lakes region and explore the historic sites, lakes and wineries on the way. For more information, you can visit their site
    http://www.fingerlakes.org/index.htm

Have a nice and safe trip!

Thanks a ton guys...this info is really a great help.....unfortunately I dont have Green Card so cant really go to Canada side...so in turn will try for this trail to NIagara which Jatin wrote abt...Dagar Saa'b in case you are coming to Niagara than give me a call at 917-254-9011..it will be great to meet u...

See ya

U dont need a GC to go to Canada. if u are on H1 or B1/B2 u can get the canadian visa. I got it and so did my parents.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Abhimanyu

In addition to what Dev, Anil, and Jatin have written make sure to drive carefully and take at least 3-4 breaks. Carry a large igloo filled with extra stock of bottled water. Pack some reading stuff for your wife.

On the way to or back from upstate NY (if you have some time) visit the Corning factory – buy some neat colored glass ware.

Do expect patchy construction delays all along the highway stretch, and don’t forget the sudden bursts of showers especially around the Albany area.

One more thing - do expect more than usual scrutiny around the border – so keep the IDs handy.

Sujata

You can also visit African Lion Safari which is about 30 minutes in Canada. Just take the Visitor Visa and u r all set.

Dont forget to buy a road map if you are planning to take the Finger Lake trail unless you have a GPS in your car. (Mapquest and Yahoo maps are useless for that trail).

*On a lighter note*

arre bhai abhimanyu yo lion safari ke dhore ke bhi maine likad jaiyen janwaran ka ke bharonsa mere yaar kutte bhi kat liya karein hain phir woh to lion se hahahaha

aur haan road map leke jaana mat bhooliye kade mahabharat aala abhimanyu ho jaan finger lake main ghuse pache kade bahar likadna bhool ja aur wine taste kare pache te bhai aachhe aache raasta bhool ja se

Sanjeev Siwach (Sep 23, 2004 09:02 p.m.):
    You can also visit African Lion Safari which is about 30 minutes in Canada. Just take the Visitor Visa and u r all set.

Hey Guys u all r awsome!!

I am all set...n good that u told me to buy a map....as I was relying on the yahoo/mapquest...My plan is to go to Fingers lake first than Niagara ....

n tum logo ke sense of humor ka jawab nahee...ya lion safari pe ja ke kai karonga...harayana mein sare haan he sher dekha karda...aur bhai ya Sheeshe ke factory kith see hai...

I think you already have you hands full if your trip is only for the weekend. The Corning Museum of Glass is on the Finger Lake wine country region itself. For details, visit their website http://www.cmog.org/

Arre bahi yoh Haryana main kit rahave tha tu jo sari hand sher dekha karta humane bhi bata de kaun see zoo main pakad rakha tha tu just kidding

Have a great trip!

Abhimanyu (Sep 24, 2004 08:31 a.m.):
    Hey Guys u all r awsome!!

I am all set...n good that u told me to buy a map....as I was relying on the yahoo/mapquest...My plan is to go to Fingers lake first than Niagara ....

n tum logo ke sense of humor ka jawab nahee...ya lion safari pe ja ke kai karonga...harayana mein sare haan he sher dekha karda...aur bhai ya Sheeshe ke factory kith see hai...

Hey I want to thank all of you for your tips....Bhai swad aa gaya...kya jagah thee...chala paat gaya!!!

Finger Lake area was really b'ful...I went to the Glen state park...which was awsome ..visited a winery...than Niagara ...While returning had plans for Corning but than I stopped at a LAke for lunch..n liked it so much that we stayed there almost whole afternoon...All in all really happy n a gr8 trip.....