Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: malika sehrawat....shud we fell feel proud or embarassed?

If possible, everyone should choose his/her profession acc to his/her real interest, then i can say sure he/she would be enjoy it throughout the whole life, otherwise if you are doing the things without ur own interest and just let us say for obeying ur parents or other social restrictions then you can not be happy with ur work and even u will feel that u are not fare with ur life.
    And what we thing, all the restrictions and social norms of our society are good ?, it needs a relook on the social customs what we have specially in context of today’s life, certainly there are goodone but not all. Here, I am not criticizing our social system, but if someone is doing something with his/her interest, unless and until it’s really unusual act, we should not make him/her to feel embarrassed by making the comments even if we personally may not be in favour of it.

PS:and Mahima Chowdhury is NOT jat.. she is a bengali !!!!!![/quote]

I am not an authority on bollywood (having barely seen 3 bollywood movies in last three years), but I was given the impression that she was. My sister in India knows of the family, and some state level jat politicians were trying to get her canvass for them, when her star was a little brighter. (some of my family is in politics...so I overhear things when I visit India)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    good!!!!!!!!!!
    keep it up .
    nice words...................................

Ranvir Singh (May 07, 2003 02:37 p.m.):
    If possible, everyone should choose his/her profession acc to his/her real interest, then i can say sure he/she would be enjoy it throughout the whole life, otherwise if you are doing the things without ur own interest and just let us say for obeying ur parents or other social restrictions then you can not be happy with ur work and even u will feel that u are not fare with ur life.
    And what we thing, all the restrictions and social norms of our society are good ?, it needs a relook on the social customs what we have specially in context of today’s life, certainly there are goodone but not all. Here, I am not criticizing our social system, but if someone is doing something with his/her interest, unless and until it’s really unusual act, we should not make him/her to feel embarrassed by making the comments even if we personally may not be in favour of it.

Abhishek Dhama (May 07, 2003 12:02 p.m.):
    It is her decision and let her face whatever comes.... as said none of our business to comment on what she does... there hundreds of them ...and what she is or gonna do is part of the business.
    I agree with Abhishek bhai, It is her personal matter and none of our business to comment.

But at the same time when we say that we are proud of her. We are saying that she is a role model for others. No more it is her personal matter and in fact we are not talking about her as an individual, but we are in fact talking about one way of profession, she happened to choose...
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

Login to view details.
    Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (May 07, 2003 09:31 a.m.):
    It is really intersting reading comments of members on this subject. I agree with Sujata and Arti 100% that we have no business in passing judgements over what she is doing.Its unfortunate that Many talented Jat girls could not make it to the top in film industry just becasue of our prejudices. I am shocked to read commnets on her exposing or doing something which members feel is objectionable. Who says she got the role just because she is exposing ? There are thousands of good looking females in most big cities who will be more than happy to expose for film roles. It takes much more than exposing to act in a film. Even Nargis was paraded in swimming custume by Raj kapoor in one of his film in during the days when females were not willing to expose even their waiste..Still Nargis remained what she was..Filth is all in our attitude I suppose. How hypocratic we are when we clap for a hollywood heroine doing same thing and ridicule our own girl. Community should extend helping hand rather than ridiculing her. I fail to udersyand why we judge a person just by these trivial things? In a country where sex was never a taboo in olden days, people are trying to set their own moral codes these days. High time as a community we take broader outlook on such issues rather than just passing judgements. No one ever spoke of Rekha playing lesbian roles or Deepa mehta for all her juicy films....I am 100% sure, given the opportunity, our own Jat males will line up for nude roles..Then why so much of noise about Mallika?..I can smell islamic attidude among our people when it comes to treatinmg females...I am sorry if I hurt members' sentiments..

Rajendra

Well, I am not really an active member but after reading comments about " Mallika" i just had to step in. I am in total agreement with Mr Rajendra Kumar. First of all, I don't think its any of our business what "Mallika" does, more so just because she happens to be a jat. Its her life and she has every right to do what she wants,how she wants.
    Why are we deciding what she should do or not do....Her being a Jat does not mean she has to live by your " Moral Standards "
    Someone mentioned that she disobeyed her parents and its not good to do that. Don't you think that issue is between Mallika and her parents to reslove and its not a matter of our concern.
    LEt Mallika lead her life in peace and I think there are more serious issues that Jats need to concentrate on like ending illiteracy,end to the purdah system, dowry etc.

Shikha..its nice to see that you have also started participating....keep it up...we need all members to be actively involved in all discussions here at jatland...this is wat jatland is for....to share ur views...

I agree with u and abhishek...its her life and she is the only one to decide...but she has achieved something...and we should be proud of that...
    What goes around comes around!!

Shikha Chaudhary (May 08, 2003 12:36 p.m.):
    Someone mentioned that she disobeyed her parents and its not good to do that. Don't you think that issue is between Mallika and her parents to reslove and its not a matter of our concern.
    BTW, Let me tell you I wrote this.

Here is the link which talks about this.

http://www.my-india.net/cgi-bin/n/viewnews.cgi?newsid1051261145,14321
    which is posted in the same topic which says the same thing. I don't who gave him the rights to write about their family matters ???

Off course that is none of our business whatever they do in their life. Thats their own life and no one should have a right to comment on their life

What do you think about All the journalists and other guys who write articles etc. in news papers ??? Why Mr. Sanghvi wrote about Sahib Singh Verma. Who gave him authority to write about him ???

Somebody wrote, Laloo prasad yadav did not stand up during Jan..Gan..Man... in the republic day parade.
    Why the hack he wrote that. Who gave him that authority ??? Should he write that ???

But if anybody asks my opinion about any damn thing, I would without being biased. Thats should not be a matter of concern to anybody.
    Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

Here is the Excerpts from The Constitution of India.

All citizens shall have the right — (a) to freedom of speech and expression.

Thats what everybody is doing here. So please try not to point fingers on anybody. Just present your opinion if you have any.

[quote]Ashok Kumar Dabas (May 08, 2003 06:35 p.m.):
    I am totally agree with Ashok bhai.Its our community and we should care for it. individualism is fine but it leads to scattering of society. So I think all views we are expressing here is keeping our community in mind not Malika or A,B,C,D

PS again-- mahima Chaudhary is a Jat.

and regarding Mallika Sehravat,, shes is doing gr8, y do we have to crtisize here only. She ws not the first actress who has doen the so called objectionable seens in bollywood.
    JUst cos shes a jat we dont have anyright to to critisize her

Rohit
    Rohit Guliya - Jat's the way i like it

I think when we are talking about community we should avoid using the word 'WHATEVER', 'WHO CARES' etc. etc. If we have to use these words then I wonder why we are on a community site

Rohit Bhai,

Ms. Mallika is a JAT and thats why we are talking about her. We are not talking about Mayavati....Ha...Ha...Ha.....

One more very important thing.. When we are talking about her that means we are considering her part of our community and family. That gives us right to talk about her. We are expressing our thoughts here as if she is someone from our community.

If she is not from our community..... who cares just kidding........................

Rohit Guliya (May 09, 2003 12:38 a.m.):
    PS again-- mahima Chaudhary is a Jat.

and regarding Mallika Sehravat,, shes is doing gr8, y do we have to crtisize here only. She ws not the first actress who has doen the so called objectionable seens in bollywood.
    JUst cos shes a jat we dont have anyright to to critisize her

Rohit

Login to view details.
    Ashok Kumar Dabas (May 08, 2003 06:39 p.m.):
    Shikha Chaudhary (May 08, 2003 12:36 p.m.):
    BTW, Let me tell you I wrote this.

Here is the link which talks about this.

http://www.my-india.net/cgi-bin/n/viewnews.cgi?newsid1051261145,14321
    which is posted in the same topic which says the same thing. I don't who gave him the rights to write about their family matters ???

Off course that is none of our business whatever they do in their life. Thats their own life and no one should have a right to comment on their life

What do you think about All the journalists and other guys who write articles etc. in news papers ??? Why Mr. Sanghvi wrote about Sahib Singh Verma. Who gave him authority to write about him ???

Somebody wrote, Laloo prasad yadav did not stand up during Jan..Gan..Man... in the republic day parade.
    Why the hack he wrote that. Who gave him that authority ??? Should he write that ???

But if anybody asks my opinion about any damn thing, I would without being biased. Thats should not be a matter of concern to anybody.

well, one of the reasons Sanghvi wrote about Saheb singh is because Sanghvi gets paid big bucks for his opinions!!!!(However ridiculous they might be) Thats his job,and same goes for the others who wrote about Laloo, or any other Tom, Dick and Harry.... Secondly Saheb singh is a politician whose duties require him to work FOR the people not harrass and misbehave with them instead.

You have every right to express your opinion, thats why we have this website. No one is against your expressing ur opinion, its just that someone else might have a different opinion.

Login to view details.
    Ashok Kumar Dabas (May 09, 2003 09:37 a.m.):
    I think when we are talking about community we should avoid using the word 'WHATEVER', 'WHO CARES' etc. etc. If we have to use these words then I wonder why we are on a community site

Doesn't this contradict your previous quote about free speech "

All citizens shall have the right — (a) to freedom of speech and expression. "

Let people use whatever words they want to use. Thats the Fun part, the different opinions , the different flavours!!!!!!!!

and some how I don't know how we have gone from Mallika to Freedom of speech......thats actually good publicity for her !!!

Well, we have duties towards our community which makes us express our opinion/suggestions etc. regarding community matters.

AND I do that free of cost

-------------------------------------------
    well, one of the reasons Sanghvi wrote about Saheb singh is because Sanghvi gets paid big bucks for his opinions!!!!(However ridiculous they might be) Thats his job,and same goes for the others who wrote about Laloo, or any other Tom, Dick and Harry.... Secondly Saheb singh is a politician whose duties require him to work FOR the people not harrass and misbehave with them instead.

You have every right to express your opinion, thats why we have this website. No one is against your expressing ur opinion, its just that someone else might have a different opinion.[/quote]

No, Not at all.

I think we should choose our words carefully. thats it.

Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 11:04 a.m.):
    Ashok Kumar Dabas (May 09, 2003 09:37 a.m.):

Doesn't this contradict your previous quote about free speech "

All citizens shall have the right — (a) to freedom of speech and expression. "

Let people use whatever words they want to use. Thats the Fun part, the different opinions , the different flavours!!!!!!!!

and some how I don't know how we have gone from Mallika to Freedom of speech......thats actually good publicity for her !!!

The problem with us Jats is that whenever we are in the limelight there is always the Jat word before our names, like Jet vs. Jat and many other examples. I don’t have a problem that this malika girl is acting or whatever she does, she is an adult she can do everything she likes but when her name is associated by the press with the Jat word, then we have the right to critice her on what she does bec that involves the whole community, The media is generalising the whole Jat community. Again for example jet vs. Jat, Mr Verma did something and writer wrote Jat, that’s not fair so many of us critised Hindustan times for that, this time on some points there is no difference. I don’t know what the problem of the media is that whenever a person does something good or bad to but the community Jat word before him, that’s not happening with other communities? And yes India is the biggest democracy in the world so everyone can express his meaning/oppinnion!!!
    Sanjay Chhikara
    Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan!!!

Nicely Said Sanjay Bhai. You churned out the focus point here.

Sanjay Chhikara (May 09, 2003 12:40 p.m.):
    I don’t have a problem that this malika girl is acting or whatever she does, she is an adult she can do everything she likes but when her name is associated by the press with the Jat word, then we have the right to critice her on what she does bec that involves the whole community

Login to view details.
    Sanjay Chhikara (May 09, 2003 12:40 p.m.):
    The problem with us Jats is that whenever we are in the limelight there is always the Jat word before our names, like Jet vs. Jat and many other examples. I don’t have a problem that this malika girl is acting or whatever she does, she is an adult she can do everything she likes but when her name is associated by the press with the Jat word, then we have the right to critice her on what she does bec that involves the whole community, The media is generalising the whole Jat community. Again for example jet vs. Jat, Mr Verma did something and writer wrote Jat, that’s not fair so many of us critised Hindustan times for that, this time on some points there is no difference. I don’t know what the problem of the media is that whenever a person does something good or bad to but the community Jat word before him, that’s not happening with other communities? And yes India is the biggest democracy in the world so everyone can express his meaning/oppinnion!!!
    I quite agree with what you said about the JAT word association before our names. I have always wondered why that is, probably because we are spread across many states and not one state defines us, unlike most others like bengal, gujarat etc...but then i am just contemplating..i could be wrong...This could be a good topic of discussion and food for thought !!!

And if the media is generalising the whole Jat community, then why do we blame the person,isn't it the fault of the media ? Media lives off of Info like this because that is what sells their magazines and papers because Everyone loves to gossip and take a dig at others. I think ,we have to oppose and criticize the media, the stereotyping that is putting everyone on the same level.

In the case of Sahib singh, Sanghvi went over the top with a headline "Jet vs Jat" which was very unappropriate and people opposed it which was the right thing to do. But in Sahib singhs case he misbehaved with people, which is not pardonable(surprisingly, not many jats I know have condoned that!!!). But I think the case is Different with Mallika. She is just doing her job . i don't think media is saying anything bad about Jats because of her..( at least i haven't read anything). I think we are having a problem with her because she happens to be a JAT GIRL who has to live by our moral standards, so that no one points fingers at US. I think that is a little unfair. I think we have to accept people for who they are and encourage them so that it opens doors for other people too. Isn't that what a community ought to do ? Agreed, these days film stars have to do a lot of racy scenes, but thats part of their profession. It doesn't make them a bad person !!! We are judging her purely based on what we see on screen.

Regarding other coomunities,even they get the heat from the media. The sikhs have gotten it for years. I think we all have stereotypes and as a result of which some one stereotypes us too. It is foolishness and ignorance on everyones behalf. US and THEM.

Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 01:57 p.m.):
    I quite agree with what you said about the JAT word association before our names. I have always wondered why that is, probably because we are spread across many states and not one state defines us, unlike most others like bengal, gujarat etc...but then i am just contemplating..i could be wrong...This could be a good topic of discussion and food for thought !!!

Regarding other coomunities,even they get the heat from the media. The sikhs have gotten it for years. I think we all have stereotypes and as a result of which some one stereotypes us too. It is foolishness and ignorance on everyones behalf. US and THEM.
    Shikha ji, Good that it comes to our attension now, its better to discuss then this topic beacuse we are just blaming each other
    Sanjay Chhikara
    Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan!!!