Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: malika sehrawat....shud we fell feel proud or embarassed?

I would suggest to see some promo or advertisements before any further talk.

Here is the link to watch some scenes from the movie. Its a restricted view. Please see at your own risk.

1) http://www.hindustantimes.com/
    2) news/919_217266,001800010001.htm

Add 2) in after 1) to see the contents.

This link is not to offend anybody's feeling. I just thought that its good to know what kind of role Ms. Mallika is performing.

After seeing this, I think I could never feel proud on her. I would feel very very proud if she become President, Prime Minister, IFS, IAS, IPS, Governor, Collector, DM, SDM etc. etc. and I wish her good luck for that.

Good publicity though....
    Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

Rajender ji,
    Very good points,
    I agree she did not got the job just because of this one thing. But I believe it played a major role specially when you do not have any connections in bollywood.
    In my opinion we do not have any right to interfere in somebody’s personal matters, but at the same time we all have right to express our opinion, specially when it is about setting role models for our next generation. When we say we are proud of Virender Sehwag, we are indirectly saying that we wish all next generation jats should try to be like him, if they can.

But How many of us really think of her as a Role model for the next generation ???

Let me give you one example of another famous JATNI, who was far more famous than Malika. How many of us here are proud of her as well. She was also doing her job, just like Malika. Do you recall in 1980's in UK there was a SEX scandel involving PAMELA Singh, She was a JATNNI(Miss India, I Guess, far more talented than Malika). If we use the same justification, that lots of ladies would be ready to do the same what Pamela did, to achieve that.

If we compare both these cases, these are not exactly similar, but at the same time not so much different. Both involved short cuts to instant fame.

Hope I did not hurt somebody’s feeling here. And I do not want to talk about Malika in particular, but about the profession she is in. Hope it works for her and she can demand better role for her in future base on her performance. But at least I would not like her to be a role model for next generation Jats....
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Ranvir Singh Dalal (May 09, 2003 03:37 p.m.):
    Rajender ji,
    Very good points,
    I agree she did not got the job just because of this one thing. But I believe it played a major role specially when you do not have any connections in bollywood.
    In my opinion we do not have any right to interfere in somebody’s personal matters, but at the same time we all have right to express our opinion, specially when it is about setting role models for our next generation. When we say we are proud of Virender Sehwag, we are indirectly saying that we wish all next generation jats should try to be like him, if they can.

But How many of us really think of her as a Role model for the next generation ???

Let me give you one example of another famous JATNI, who was far more famous than Malika. How many of us here are proud of her as well. She was also doing her job, just like Malika. Do you recall in 1980's in UK there was a SEX scandel involving PAMELA Singh, She was a JATNNI(Miss India, I Guess, far more talented than Malika). If we use the same justification, that lots of ladies would be ready to do the same what Pamela did, to achieve that.

If we compare both these cases, these are not exactly similar, but at the same time not so much different. Both involved short cuts to instant fame.

Hope I did not hurt somebody’s feeling here. And I do not want to talk about Malika in particular, but about the profession she is in. Hope it works for her and she can demand better role for her in future base on her performance. But at least I would not like her to be a role model for next generation Jats....
    Being actually involved in a Sex Scandal and doing a racy film are entirely two different things !!!! There is no relation. Pamella was NOT doing her job of just being a model or Ms India etc etc. She ventured into things that were NOT a part of her job. There is no statistics showing that every model/actress who does a steamy scene lands up in a sex scandal .

As for Mallika being a role model, i don't think anyone is even suggesting that . All I am saying is I am neither proud nor embarrassed, I am indifferent to what Mallika does because its her life and no matter what she does, it doesn't affect mine !!!!

And now, purely out of curiosity would Mallika be a role model IF she won a couple of Oscars or made it big internationally, despite all her racy scenes? I know it is way over the top, but think about it.

Don't u think then, it will be us who will be saying things like a Jat got an oscar etc etc???? ...........or maybe not !!!!

Login to view details.
    deepika singhroha (May 07, 2003 06:26 a.m.):
    gosh!!!!!!!!!!
    i think its high time when one shud realize the difference between creative core of a person and struggle.she may b successfull at this point of time but till when...........her parents have broke up.....do u ppl think this price is right to b paid for that so called SUCCESS.its to easy to oppose someone but one shud have solid reason.those who r not agree wid me do they have sufficient reasons.
    ************************************************** ************************************

Ms. Singhroha:

I am not sure what reasons you are referring to, for single handedly and categorically denouncing Mallika’s actions? However, here is the response to your very last line... First of all why don’t you allow people to speak their mind rather than simply expect them to agree with you? You may have noticed there are many who have echoed your voice, yet some who feel it is “none of their business to contemplate something on someone else’s behalf?” In all fairness, how can we ruminate about such issues as a single entity? Fair equation, right?

Hello people…

How do we know what must have transpired in Mallika's quest to reach where she wanted to be? There is so much else that is “not right” within our community, do we challenge everything and anything that is associated with the word “Jat?” As far as Mallika's success or failure is concerned, it hasn’t been concluded, yet, one way or the other! And even if that were the case, she alone bears responsibility for her actions.

We are neither in her, nor her parents’ shoes! Neither are we the "prosecuting attorney" the “defending lawyer” nor the “jury!” A crime has not been committed here, and yet she has been put on trial by people who hardly know her? This is a public forum and yes, people have the right to speak their mind, but not pass personal judgement. This not a public court! No one (at least as her representative) has asked any opinion! Being a Jat, Ishwar uncle may have felt obligated to share the news. I am not even sure why another thread had to be started for same topic? Wouldn’t it have been perfectly fine to express comments right under the same thread: “Jat Girl Malika Sehrawat with leading role in Hindi Film?” This in itself was pretty broad topic, and would have allowed room for a healthy discussion? So much for being sensitive…

How would people on this board like to be evaluated on "how well" or "how poorly" they are doing in their respective fields or their lives? How would anyone here like to discuss his or her family disputes or feuds, successes (successes may be) and failures? Don’t we all have some thing that hasn’t stood test of times? Don’t we all have something to regret; something to feel proud of; and something to just let go? At an individual level we are very selective in sharing "only that pleases our senses." It is with this same understanding we must allow this young woman to practice her rights. Any volunteers… to be judged about why someone chose to be in certain profession… and how many people were upset and or offended by his/her decision? And whether the entire community’s consensus was taken for that M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree, or for going into medicine or sports or computer sciences? I am sure people deliberated over pros and cons for their own future and not what would happen to the entire community, unless it was a profession with shame attached to it?

Yes, there are some steamy scenes, and yes the tabloids have taken their own jab at adding mirch masala. And yes, at a personal level many of us would refrain from choosing a profession that would raise eyebrows. But even with all that scrutiny such judgement should be preserved for personal application, it should stay within the context of our own domain… our own daughter, our own wife, or own sister. And finally, in our “creative core” we all have certain principles that guide us, and one of them reminds us “thou shall not judge others…” It is basic human courtesy to live and let live…

Not too long ago there was a request from Dhanesh Kumar for all community members to post their pictures here. Some enthusiasts had it ready and posted promptly, however there was one member who "politely declined to accept this popularly accepted view!"

Simple as that... not every one here shares the same values or views as far as personal dicisions or moral grounds are concerned. No, posting a picture can not be compared with choosing a profession, however, the principle remains same...we must respect each other's privacy and individual rights!

And now, purely out of curiosity would Mallika be a role model IF she won a couple of Oscars or made it big internationally, despite all her racy scenes? I know it is way over the top, but think about it.

Don't u think then, it will be us who will be saying things like a Jat got an oscar etc etc? ...........or maybe not !!!!

You never know, sometimes dream comes true. Let's keep our finger crossed

People say..
    "First Impression Is Last Impression" though personally I don't beleive in this and this is not a 100% true statement.

Sujata Ji,

I agree with you 100% except with the domain stuff. Though I would not say anything much to clarify.

But e. g. when somebody says "are wo te mere gaon ka chora se.... dekhoon te sahi koon peetan lag rha se usne....Aur phir us chore kee himayat mein wo aa jata hei."
    At that time the domain is "Village" and not just his own son, brother, daughter, our own wife, or own sister.
    So its difficult to define the area of domain for any individual. Its the individual's own preception. how he thinks. If he thinks only about him or relatives or freinds or village etc. etc.

BTW, Have a nice weekend

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But even with all that scrutiny such judgement should be preserved for personal application, it should stay within the context of our own domain… our own daughter, our own wife, or own sister.

Here is another link.

http://www.rediff.com/entertai/2003/mar/29mallika.htm

Welcome to Jatland Deepika ji,
    Thanks for starting this wonderful and lively discussion.

Well as far as I am concerned , I think it would be too premature for us to give a verdict on Mallika's acting skills.We should at least wait till the movie "Khwahish" is released and wait even more till we see Mallika in some other roles as well.I haven't seen the promos of the movie.

As far as the question" Being proud or embarrassed of Mallika" is concerned.
    There are three aspects to this:
    1. Mallika being a Jat .
    2. She being an actress.
    3. She doing some weird shots in a movie.

1. I am happy to note that she is a jat and I would be happy to see her prosper in life.

2. She has every right to decide what is right or wrong for her.But we all know that acting as a profession has its own set of pros and cons, even she would have been aware of them, if not she will know them soon.

3. Third and the main point of concern here(The one being debated out here). I personally feel she should not have done the shots which demands her to show skill other than acting. It could have been an act desperation on the part of the young actress to get a break. I hope to see her in more gracious and powerful roles in near future.
    I wish her good luck.

If it is possible it will happen.
    If its impossible , it will just take a little longer.

May I submit follwing to the Jatr brothers and sisters:

First of all I think it is too early that our collegue has sought cheers for her role being a jat. Then Lamba bhai shab has taken us to feel the pride from her family pedegree with Seth Chhajju Ram. I think something wrong has been started and promoted on the jatland. We should avoid these things and at least be care full in glorifying because:

1. Jat as such have the reputation of values, valour, hard work, intelligence applied to society etc. not to self in the first and hardly related to successes.

2. Historically, Jat have not succeeded in several instances but did not bent and stood for principles that pertained to them (of course some of them may be irrelevant for present time but otherwise is also not all the geniune).

3. As jats, we should respect and encourage and recognize 'progress to stand right' rather than 'final success'.

4. It is strength of trust, non-selfishness, work hard and till last for any good cause, relaibility, straightforwardness for both accepting and rejecting (not the middle way) etc. jat are well known for even by all other communities: all times.

5. Digging ourt anything in high and color by a jat and be a kind of 'tempus fugit' to adorn or acclaim all jats could be dangerous for all. So we should not take a cognizance of it as such.

6. Media has already identified her as jat much before which it rarely does for other heroines simply because it is a deviation from community norms.

7. Then we have gone further to relate her present day achievement to the achievement/contribution of her family (Seth Chhaju Ram). It is embarassment for all of us. The family stood for something novel and uncomparable. If media picks this up, I am sure it would be maligning the all jats. The family has been one of the insignia of Jats. Jat previously have been put to corner by stories of Pamella after once same way rejoicing success celebrations. Finally did it made us to raise the head or down.

8. Abberations in a community are possible. It is not the conservative to not accept it as a great achievement of jats. Jats have been most acceptable so far acts are gracefull. Probably Jat had best fo openness to assimilate non-castes so far it has been done in an honourable way.

9. We should attempt not to glorify people at leasthastly simply because something or someone has got a success suddenly from gound close to zero.

10. In my opinion, small succeses achieved in a more or less linear and rising way are much more more improtant (rather only) rather than those big ones from null all of a sudden through unfair or favor or in a surrogate to something or someone that matters. In that way we would be proud by conscience, consistently and would encourage the community to advance and serve humanity retaininbg its insignia. If we leave the insignia of values in all respects (entertainment, acedemics, politics, society, ceremonies, celebrations, way of life and behaviour and what not), then there is no specific identification and we are just human beings and unidentifiable as anyway distinct from others. Would we not be better encouraging the community to advance at large rather than a single or few shots fired nicely from others rifles. I believe,: correct or laudable (to us) results by incorrect methods are not correct in tests of time and soul rather incorrect (unsuccessful) results despite correct methods would only be annals of achievements or efforts of achivement, always to cite. This is what we do as goes for jat history.

12. Unfortunately, we are looking to single big leap without seeing the walk de novo. Lets see the full race all times and not the win or loss. If we run well, we are better acclaimed in loss. If we do not run well, success is not related to the race.

13. In this instance, let us take it as a personal progress of the jat heroine by the ways and means she deemed fit. We as should neither patronise the ways and means nor the so called outcome of success or failure thereof.

14. Let us wait and watch, how the race goes further. If it was an abberant way to get the handle and all goes fine further, could be several series of goods can camoflouge the bad. But if bad breeds true to bad acts, all is bad and a mutation in community, a mutation in the family.

15. A success is one that has consistency and tracablilty ab initio. In this instance it is a beginning or a bad beginning, let us it serves us to pride in future or put back in stand by box for the time being.

Dear friends,

I had already expressed my views on the subject and was not keen to go any further. Now after reading the ongoing debate I am compelled to make few additional points.

1. Jats will make lots of noise on moral values but will come forward rarely to extend the helping hand.

2. In Fiji we have Mr Mahendra Choudhary who was illigally removed from power. How much our so called great jats have done to help him politically or by organising any kind of support?

3. I read the typical jat male attitude of many members here. This reminds me of even Dharmendra who never wanted his daughters through Hema Malini to join films, though he enjoyed all the privileges of flirting around with all shades of heroines and finally when his daughter is acting in films, the jat lion is totally helpless.

I fail to understand why so much fuss about a non issue? why are we hinging all our Jat pride on this girls acting in some particular way in films? Let her do what she thinks is right for her. High time we jats come out of our narrow mind set as far as jat women are concerned. At best we were medivial as far as this aspect of our attitude is concerned. and mind you, whether u guys like or don't like, todays jat girls are very agressive and bold and if we don't support them, they too care hoot for us. After all they are our blood and have all our characters. They don't think themselves any less than our boys..So let us be honest in our words and deeds. Do we really consider our daughters and sons equal in all respects? if yes then why so much noise? If we son't care what our sons do, then why worry so much about our daughters? Its their life, let them decide what is best for them...who knows they take the jats to much greater heights than what we all think....

Rajendra
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

Login to view details.
    Wow! This indeed is a community at work!

Let's review some topics that could have gained a momentum in sharing community efforts and enthusiam....

Award to Sonepat Farmers: 3 responses
    Jats: Farms to Power: 6 responses
    Cancer Hospital: 9 responses
    Seth Chhaju Ram: 2 responses
    Haryana to have Sports University in Jind: 2 responses
    Jat Honor for Sale in 15 Days: 7 responses
    Jat History Books in Libraries Across Big American Cities: ZERO responses!

Mallika Sherawat's Personal Life: 50 strong.... and still going... no, that's not enough, there are formal manifestos being submitted and "the summit" is still at it! There is no telling when and where it will stop...the verdict is not our yet!

Here are the facts which shows that the jatland members do care about their community.

Great job everybody !!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up...

A MEMORIAL IN HONOUR OF ALL INDIAN MARTYRS &SHAHEEDS ON MARTYRDOM DAY AND ALWAYS FOR EVER (read 589 times) - 73 Posts

Higher Education in Canada and USA (read 501 times) - 42 Posts

jet vs Jat (Must read and write to Hidustan Times) (read 245 times) - 42 Posts.
    Jat Vs Jet ( Vir Sanghvi of HT tenders apology) - 29 Posts
    Total = 71 Posts

Mallika - The JAT actress (I think it does not matter if the posts are to praise her or criticise) - 51 Post

jat students interested in cancer research!!! (read 204 times) - 26 Posts

IIM AHMEDABAD GOLD MEDALIST FOR THIS YEAR (read 311 times) - 49 Posts

Thread: Intercaste marriage is NOT for Jats! (read 244 times) - 47 Posts

Jats Personalities contributed in fame. (read 260 times) - 40 Posts.

Nonica Datta and jat bashing (read 220 times) - 22 Posts

Some recent Statistics on Haryana. (read 189 times) - 21 Posts

New Jat history group (read 173 times) - 23 Posts

Who (read 421 times) - 73 Posts

any poets around????? (read 245 times) - 83 Posts

Origin of Jats (read 224 times) - 37 Posts

LET'S MEET IN 2003? (read 571 times) - 46 Posts

Dear Rajender Ji,

I agree with your most of views. Please allow me to answer some of your questions though.

1. Jats will make lots of noise on moral values but will come forward rarely to extend the helping hand.

-----> I think JATs are famous for helping others if the help was asked in the proper way. Thats why we say God Hanuman was JAT
    This a huge topic and I don't think it would be prudent to discuss this it here.

2. In Fiji we have Mr Mahendra Choudhary who was illigally removed from power. How much our so called great jats have done to help him politically or by organising any kind of support?

- I think in Haryana a lot of fund was collected from public and handed over to Ch. Mahendera by Cheif Minister Ch. Om Prakash Chotala and it was clarified later.

3. I read the typical jat male attitude of many members here. This reminds me of even Dharmendra who never wanted his daughters through Hema Malini to join films, though he enjoyed all the privileges of flirting around with all shades of heroines and finally when his daughter is acting in films, the jat lion is totally helpless.

- Nobody gave Dharmendra any oscar award for flirting around with shades of heroines. Bad is always bad I think It does not matter whether a boy does it or a girl..

I fail to understand why so much fuss about a non issue? why are we hinging all our Jat pride on this girls acting in some particular way in films? Let her do what she thinks is right for her. High time we jats come out of our narrow mind set as far as jat women are concerned. At best we were medivial as far as this aspect of our attitude is concerned. and mind you, whether u guys like or don't like, todays jat girls are very agressive and bold and if we don't support them, they too care hoot for us. After all they are our blood and have all our characters. They don't think themselves any less than our boys..So let us be honest in our words and deeds. Do we really consider our daughters and sons equal in all respects? if yes then why so much noise? If we son't care what our sons do, then why worry so much about our daughters? Its their life, let them decide what is best for them...who knows they take the jats to much greater heights than what we all think....

-----> I think its bad if any one is not treating their sons and daughters equal. I agree with you that they should be given equal opportunity but again, not for anything which destroys their family image but for a good cause.

AND one very important point here.. I am talking in general and not for any person specific.

regards,

Login to view details.
    Ashok Kumar Dabas (May 11, 2003 01:29 p.m.):
    Here are the facts which shows that the jatland members do care about their community.

Great job everybody !!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up...

A MEMORIAL IN HONOUR OF ALL INDIAN MARTYRS &SHAHEEDS ON MARTYRDOM DAY AND ALWAYS FOR EVER (read 589 times) - 73 Posts

Higher Education in Canada and USA (read 501 times) - 42 Posts

jet vs Jat (Must read and write to Hidustan Times) (read 245 times) - 42 Posts.
    Jat Vs Jet ( Vir Sanghvi of HT tenders apology) - 29 Posts
    Total = 71 Posts

Mallika - The JAT actress (I think it does not matter if the posts are to praise her or criticise) - 51 Post

jat students interested in cancer research!!! (read 204 times) - 26 Posts

IIM AHMEDABAD GOLD MEDALIST FOR THIS YEAR (read 311 times) - 49 Posts

Thread: Intercaste marriage is NOT for Jats! (read 244 times) - 47 Posts

Jats Personalities contributed in fame. (read 260 times) - 40 Posts.

Nonica Datta and jat bashing (read 220 times) - 22 Posts

Some recent Statistics on Haryana. (read 189 times) - 21 Posts

New Jat history group (read 173 times) - 23 Posts

Who (read 421 times) - 73 Posts

any poets around????? (read 245 times) - 83 Posts

Origin of Jats (read 224 times) - 37 Posts

LET'S MEET IN 2003? (read 571 times) - 46 Posts
    I can't find this particular thread
    " Intercaste marriage is NOT for Jats! (read 244 times) "
    Under which category is it ?

Shikha Chaudhary (May 11, 2003 03:25 p.m.):
    I can't find this particular thread
    " Intercaste marriage is NOT for Jats! (read 244 times) "
    Under which category is it ?
    General Talks - Page#25.

Login to view details.
    hi all
    100% agrees with sujata ji , redhu .,dhama and dabas . everybody is free to do what one likes.
    who has made the pros and cons ???? us ? the society . well there is so much rut that goes on behind the closed door ?? so what the fuss about someone showing some flash and it is the society that has defined the decency , god had not come down and drawn a line ; and even if HE does ., well everyone has his/her on decision to make and one life to live and it should not botherer other mortal like us .

Dr. Rajender Singh Sangwan Ji,
    As Lt Ramesh Lakra has rightly concluded, I have nothing to say further. Let us respect all views on our jatland.
    Is it ok, Australia is 6 hours ahead, I read Indian newspapers and post news regarding jats good or bad?
    Regards
    Understand = Under + Stand

tik kah rahe ho aap,

Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    Rajender ji,
    Very good points,

Being actually involved in a Sex Scandal and doing a racy film are entirely two different things !!!! There is no relation. Pamella was NOT doing her job of just being a model or Ms India etc etc. She ventured into things that were NOT a part of her job. There is no statistics showing that every model/actress who does a steamy scene lands up in a sex scandal .

As for Mallika being a role model, i don't think anyone is even suggesting that . All I am saying is I am neither proud nor embarrassed, I am indifferent to what Mallika does because its her life and no matter what she does, it doesn't affect mine !!!!

Don't u think then, it will be us who will be saying things like a Jat got an oscar etc etc???? ...........or maybe not !!!!

Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    Rajender ji,
    Very good points,

Being actually involved in a Sex Scandal and doing a racy film are entirely two different things !!!! There is no relation.
    Yes they are not same thing, but not very different as well, that is exactly what I said in my original post, if you read it one more time.

[b]Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    !
    Shikha, as I stated earlier, I (or we) do not have any right to interfere in here persional life. Here is your statement from earlier post, where you suggest of encouraging her so that it opens door for others. I wounder your opinion changed in just 2 days. It is good that you are not suggesting her as a role model any more.

[b]Shikha Chaudhary
    I think we have to accept people for who they are and encourage them so that it opens doors for other people too. Isn't that what a community ought to do ?
    !
    [b]Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    !
    No she will still not be a role model for her racy scenes, But yes if she does hard work and achieve some thing from her hard work(Not the short cuts she is taking now), I beleive next generations hsould learn from her hard work. Every one does some good and bad things in life, but only their good things people admire. SO again I am not proud of today's Malika.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

Dear Frineds,

Sorry that once again I am entering the debate. I pose few questions to every one;

1. What are the options open to a Jat girl if she is very keen in entering film line ?

2. How many Jats are in film producion or direction line ?

3. How many Jat enterpreneurs are willing and capable of getting into film production and willing to give break to Jat girls like Malika?

4. How much clean money is really available in India to produce films?

5. Do all jats beleive that its only the merit what counts in entering films?

6. Do all my friends beleive that Ashwaria Rai did not compromise when she entered into films ? The relationship between her and Salman khan was purely personal or had promotional angle?

7. Don't you think that its the smuglers and black marketers who finance most of the films in India and even so called respected actors live at their mercy ?

8. Do you think even Sushmita Sen make it to any significant level in films with all her miss universe title behind her and even after accepting petty roles?

AND FINALLY....read finally..

9. Will Jats raise enough funds to start a so called " Clean Films Academy" to give break to Jat girls/ boys ?

May be we have a healthy debate now on the topic by answering above questions and may by posing some more questions which many of you may like to put forward. I have lots to add but will refrain for the moment.

Rajendra
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...