Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: malika sehrawat....shud we fell feel proud or embarassed?

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Ranvir Singh Dalal (May 12, 2003 08:50 a.m.):
    Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    Ranvir Singh Dalal (May 09, 2003 03:37 p.m.):
    Rajender ji,
    Very good points,
    I agree she did not got the job just because of this one thing. But I believe it played a major role specially when you do not have any connections in bollywood.
    In my opinion we do not have any right to interfere in somebody’s personal matters, but at the same time we all have right to express our opinion, specially when it is about setting role models for our next generation. When we say we are proud of Virender Sehwag, we are indirectly saying that we wish all next generation jats should try to be like him, if they can.

But How many of us really think of her as a Role model for the next generation ???

Let me give you one example of another famous JATNI, who was far more famous than Malika. How many of us here are proud of her as well. She was also doing her job, just like Malika. Do you recall in 1980's in UK there was a SEX scandel involving PAMELA Singh, She was a JATNNI(Miss India, I Guess, far more talented than Malika). If we use the same justification, that lots of ladies would be ready to do the same what Pamela did, to achieve that.

If we compare both these cases, these are not exactly similar, but at the same time not so much different. Both involved short cuts to instant fame.

Hope I did not hurt somebody’s feeling here. And I do not want to talk about Malika in particular, but about the profession she is in. Hope it works for her and she can demand better role for her in future base on her performance. But at least I would not like her to be a role model for next generation Jats....
    Being actually involved in a Sex Scandal and doing a racy film are entirely two different things !!!! There is no relation.
    Yes they are not same thing, but not very different as well, that is exactly what I said in my original post, if you read it one more time.

[b]Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    As for Mallika being a role model, i don't think anyone is even suggesting that . All I am saying is I am neither proud nor embarrassed, I am indifferent to what Mallika does because its her life and no matter what she does, it doesn't affect mine !!!!
    !
    Shikha, as I stated earlier, I (or we) do not have any right to interfere in here persional life. Here is your statement from earlier post, where you suggest of encouraging her so that it opens door for others. I wounder your opinion changed in just 2 days. It is good that you are not suggesting her as a role model any more.

[b]Shikha Chaudhary
    I think we have to accept people for who they are and encourage them so that it opens doors for other people too. Isn't that what a community ought to do ?
    !
    [b]Shikha Chaudhary (May 09, 2003 05:57 p.m.):
    And now, purely out of curiosity would Mallika be a role model IF she won a couple of Oscars or made it big internationally, despite all her racy scenes? I know it is way over the top, but think about it.
    !
    No she will still not be a role model for her racy scenes, But yes if she does hard work and achieve some thing from her hard work(Not the short cuts she is taking now), I beleive next generations hsould learn from her hard work. Every one does some good and bad things in life, but only their good things people admire. SO again I am not proud of today's Malika.
    Mr Dalal,
    Why do I have the feeling that u r a little ticked off !!!! quotes like " U need to read it one more time " ....

Well,I will avoid the line by line rebuttal ...............Its really not worth it !!!!!!!
    I followed your suggestion about reading your quote ONE MORE TIME and I am sorry to say that I am still not convinced by " they are not so different: sex scandal and skin exposure " But its not a big deal. You think they r not different and I think they r. Lets just leave it at that.
    because Its not important, right ?
    As for the other point about me changing my opinion in 2 days, naaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!! All I suggested was if we have to take a stand,we should support her. I don't know how she became a ROLE MODEL from that posting to this one........all i know is that frankly i don't give a hoot about what she does, how she does ...blah ..blah.. blah...
    Well, this was my first discussion at jatland and i thoroughly enjoyed it !!!! In other words I am moving on....

Mr Dalal,what say you? shall we call it a truce ?

Login to view details.
    Going on page four guys...

One request...Please don't shoot the messenger....in this case it happens to be me...

************************************************** ************************************
    Sorry that once again I am entering the debate. I pose few questions to every one;

Rajinderji, it’s not just you, many of us are feeling that way about this topic…

1. What are the options open to a Jat girl if she is very keen in entering film line?

Here is the three-part answer….

None.

First of all, entering film industry for the Jat girls is still considered a taboo (we have seen enough evidence of that here) and carries, perhaps a lifelong stigma…

However, if a Jatni is hell bent on such an adventure, I am sure she will have to follow in the footsteps of the others…

2. How many Jats are in film production or direction line?

I know of none, but have a feeling sooner or later someone will venture in the area.

3. How many Jat entrepreneurs are willing and capable of getting into film production and willing to give break to Jat girls like Mallika?

As of now, I know only of our Harvinder Malik, other than that, the field still remains to be an un chartered territory for Jats, I am sure if such entrepreneurs existed, they will probably be willing to give chance to Jat girls.

4. How much clean money is really available in India to produce films?

Zip….

But then again, I have been out of the country for a while so I couldn’t fairly comment on that…

5. Do all Jats believe that it’s only the merit what counts in entering films?

Not applicable to all Jats… there are SOME with a mind set of their own… no matter what the topic, no matter what the circumstances, they tend to zoom only in one direction… and beat their own drum!

6. Do all my friends believe that Ashwaria Rai did not compromise when she entered into films? The relationship between her and Salman khan was purely personal or had promotional angle?

What Ashwaria Rai did or didn’t do is really none of my business… acting is a form of art, if she justifies that role the only impact it will have on me is that I might prefer seeing more of her movies, regardless of her moral standings!

7. Don't you think that it’s the smugglers and black marketers who finance most of the films in India and even so called respected actors live at their mercy?

Been out of India for long time, wouldn’t be fair for me to comment on things that I am not sure about….

8. Do you think even Sushmita Sen make it to any significant level in films with all her miss universe title behind her and even after accepting petty roles?

Her success or failure is none of my business…again, however, the fact that she won the “Miss Universe” title under India’s name is a matter of pride for me…

Having said that, I am personally against the “beauty stuff” beauty is only skin deep, it’s the human values that carry a lot more weight. She did answer the hypothetical question with grace and intellect, and therefore had my vote of confidence!

However, let us not mix up beauty with acting...now, there we have a difference... acting is art and a profession...

AND FINALLY....read finally..

9. Will Jats raise enough funds to start a so-called " Clean Films Academy" to give break to Jat girls/ boys?

“A Jat Clean Films Academy” I don’t know whatever that means… Jats raising funds for clean film academy? First of all they have to have a good understanding of the word “film academy!” In SOME cases it would be ludicrous to even fathom the thought of such artistic venture… let alone raise funds!

May be we have a healthy debate now on the topic….

Oh yes, there will be a debate, a very long one…but healthy? I am not sure….

However, I have a feeling my interest and contribution for this topic are ceasing....There is no right way to say a wrong thing!

Shikha Chaudhary (May 12, 2003 11:51 a.m.):

Mr Dalal,
    Why do I have the feeling that u r a little ticked off !!!! quotes like " U need to read it one more time " ....
    Shikha I would not know why you have that feeling, you need to ask yourself about that, As far as I know, when someone do not have any valid point of discussion he/she starts on this kind of thing. Any way I am not going to get into this, because have a feeling that you can beat me in this easily...

Well,I will avoid the line by line rebuttal ...............Its really not worth it !!!!!!!
    I followed your suggestion about reading your quote ONE MORE TIME and I am sorry to say that I am still not convinced by " they are not so different: sex scandal and skin exposure " But its not a big deal. You think they r not different and I think they r. Lets just leave it at that.
    because Its not important, right ?
    As for the other point about me changing my opinion in 2 days, naaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!!! All I suggested was if we have to take a stand,we should support her. I don't know how she became a ROLE MODEL from that posting to this one........all i know is that frankly i don't give a hoot about what she does, how she does ...blah ..blah.. blah...
    Well, this was my first discussion at jatland and i thoroughly enjoyed it !!!! In other words I am moving on....

Mr Dalal,what say you? shall we call it a truce ?
    Shikha, I posted your both lines from your post, I have not added anything into any of your lines, so if both the statements contradicts to each other, why you want to blame me for.
    May be you can read your statemnet and let us know what is role model called if not that.

all i know is that frankly i don't give a hoot about what she does, how she does ...blah ..blah.. blah...
    You gave your opinion, I gave mine. You want to encourage, I don't.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

Guys,
    Everyone has an opinon about everything. But it all boils down to one thing. If she is happy with what she is doing then nothing else matters. She is an entertainer/artist, so we all should chill, sit back, relax, sip a beer and let her do her job

Cheers

Lokesh Bhai,

Ha..ha..ha... you got it

Does it matter if she is jat or not and from which family she belongs to... ???

BTW, I liked your idea of sip a beer and let her do her job

Lokesh Choudhary (May 12, 2003 02:04 p.m.):
    Guys,
    Everyone has an opinon about everything. But it all boils down to one thing. If she is happy with what she is doing then nothing else matters. She is an entertainer/artist, so we all should chill, sit back, relax, sip a beer and let her do her job

Cheers
    Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

Rajender ji,

Let me try to answer some of your questions.

1. What are the options open to a Jat girl if she is very keen in entering film line ?
    -> I think all the options which are available to others are also evailable to a jat girl or boy. The point is which role should be accepted by a jat girl/boy so that the community can feel proud on them.

2. How many Jats are in film producion or direction line ?
    -> Perhaps very few.

3. How many Jat enterpreneurs are willing and capable of getting into film production and willing to give break to Jat girls like Malika?
    -> The question here is. Do the jats like filmi dunia other then just watching ?

4. How much clean money is really available in India to produce films?
    -> I think the total money (Rs. 3 Crore only) which was spent on this move is very less for the family she belongs.

5. Do all jats beleive that its only the merit what counts in entering films?
    -> No, I dont beleive that I do beleive that merit always counts and pays. To go for steamy scenes is neither a skill nor a merit. Thousands of people will do that in India for money.

6. Do all my friends beleive that Ashwaria Rai did not compromise when she entered into films ? The relationship
    between her and Salman khan was purely personal or had promotional angle?
    -> Why do we care about her at jatland. she is not a JAT.

7. Don't you think that its the smuglers and black marketers who finance most of the films in India and even so called respected actors live at their mercy ?
    -> The cost of Khwaish is just 3 crore rupees. Her family was billionaire long before India got freedom.

8. Do you think even Sushmita Sen make it to any significant level in films with all her miss universe title behind her and even after accepting petty roles?
    -> Why do we care about her at jatland. she is not a JAT.

AND FINALLY....read finally..

9. Will Jats raise enough funds to start a so called " Clean Films Academy" to give break to Jat girls/ boys ?
    May be we have a healthy debate now on the topic by answering above questions and may by posing some more questions which many of you may like to put forward. I have lots to add but will refrain for the moment.
    Rajendra

-> I think there are so many movies which just requires good acting skills and not the color of your skin. I can name so many actresses who never exposed themselves on screen. Exposing is not a key for success in films.

Guys let me ask you one simple question.
    How many of us wish that more and more JAT girls should follow her trend ????

I would not want any jat girl to follow this trend for sure. I would support all jat members to be a great acter or actress but would not support this trend.

Ranvir Singh Dalal (May 12, 2003 03:23 p.m.):
    Ranvir/Ashok,
    First of all its wrong on our part to worry about only JAT girls. Say if Mallika becomes a super star then every girl in our country will look up to her irrespective of caste and culture. So why this discrimination in our thinking
    Secondly, Why can't we accept the fact that it doesn't matter if she is a JAT girl or not, for me she is just another artist/human being. If more JAT girls wish to follow her then its their own wish and right. Who are we to say who should follow which trend. I am sure many of us have not followed the footsteps of our ancestors. There are bound to be a few mavericks in every generation and Mallika is just another.

Login to view details.
    In My opinion.......No JAT girl should follow this trend......

Kharcha karo apney se nichey wale ko dekh kar........Trakki karo ... apne se uper wale ko dekh kar.....Per trakki ko hasil karne mai aapni deen-Imaan or Aatma ko mat becho.....

( No individual can set it right or wrong... Bhai Jaton ki panchayat ( discussion) ho rahi hai.. Jatland per... Lath & Jelli.... computer per chala nahi saktey.. otherwise screen would be RED by now...Ha....ha...ha

Lambaji jaise mhare Bade-budhe post karti hana bhi dar rahe hai.. ki post karoon ak nahi karoon.. as mention by Mr. Lamba itself in his thread....

********Following was in HT dated 13/5/03
    I was scared to post in Current Affairs as young people were fighting.

Aish, Sehwag team up to play street cricket
    GC Shekhar
    Chennai, May 12 *********

Suggestiuon :-

Dear Nitin... can we have polling method on such articles?? to get a general overview.......

If an article is discussed 50 times ( for pro 's and Con's) then it should automatically go for members polling area......

Ranvir Singh Dalal (May 12, 2003 03:23 p.m.):

Login to view details.
    "In My opinion.......No JAT girl should follow this trend......"

If it were to go by the way some people on this site think i think india and on the whole jats will be set in stone age......women will be in pardha........and every 1 will be a farmer.....

who gives any 1 to say i dont like what shes doin cause shes a jat.arey puri duniya ka theka liya hua hain kya.......

people shopuld juss mind their own business and do something constructive and worthwile in their lives rather than pass senseless coments

If it were to go by what think then I don't think their would be any cloth on anybody and they would be really in stone age.....................

BTW, Tekha na le rakhya kise ne bhee. aur tekha liye te ke kaam challe sei. Hum unte khan ne dete na aur na hee vei mhare te.....

But I would like to ask you one question. Please don't get offended.

You wrote :- "people shopuld juss mind their own business and do something constructive and worthwile in their lives rather than pass senseless coments"

What do you think, anybody who gives his/her opinion/suggestion to any other is worthless and he should mind his/her own business ?

What are you doing here Why are you giving your suggestions. Is your statement true for you also or just for others ?

How could you say senseless...Do you really think that what people writing here is senseless ? Talking about their community is senseless. Do you want people to shut their mouth ?

Great !! Good job Rajdan Bhai. Keep up the good work.

Rajdan Nain (May 13, 2003 05:28 p.m.):

If it were to go by the way some people on this site think i think india and on the whole jats will be set in stone age......women will be in pardha........and every 1 will be a farmer.....

who gives any 1 to say i dont like what shes doin cause shes a jat.arey puri duniya ka theka liya hua hain kya.......

people shopuld juss mind their own business and do something constructive and worthwile in their lives rather than pass senseless coments

hahaha Deepika na Aachi "Baandra Ma Bheley Bagai"
    Laagey Raho par Bhai Rajdan ji key Baat (people shopuld juss mind their own business and do something constructive and worthwile in their lives rather than pass senseless coments) Kuch Swad Aali Nahi Laagi. Rajdan ji Please Aisey Baato se Thoda Parhej Karo or Swastha behas karo.

Guys this is just a public discussion, every one can say and express his opionion there is nothing wrong with that.
    And yes am proud of beging a farmers son!!!
    Sanjay Chhikara
    Jat Balwan, Jai Bhagwan!!!

Login to view details.
    Dear Rajdan Nain,

On public chat no one is trend setters especially when individual views are concerned. It is general views as asked by Ranvir Bhai and everyone is open to put his views. If any one likes it that is ok, if not then it is upto individual how to take it.

Rajdan Nain (May 13, 2003 05:28 p.m.):

( JAT girls are not bounded to my decision or your decision.)

Waise Ashok bhai ne teekh hi likha hai…
    “”If it were to go by what think then I don't think their would be any cloth on anybody and they would be really in stone age.....................””
    Also in this era, It is proud to become a FARMER in Haryana side especially in Rohtak \ sonepat \ Jind and Delhi Subba side... Fields ke naam per logon ke ek-ek, do- do khood hi bach rahi hai.. farmer banna to bahut badi baat hai….
    ( Kya aap or main public chat per login kar ke puri duniya ke JATS community ka theka le sakte hai kya ?? answer is “NO”

Chautala ke Raaj main ek district ke “Thekey” to miltey nahi, Puri duniya ka kahan se milega :-) :-)

people shopuld juss mind their own business and do something constructive and worthwile in their lives rather than pass senseless coments[/quote]
    ( Chalo Maan liya that by putting my views, as u so called senseless comments, I was not doing my own business. By the way thari ke JATLAND.COM ke is thread main Bhains ( buffalo) khoo rahi thee jisne dhoondtey dhoontey u reacxhed here and was forced to write some constructive comments )

Stay Well !!!

Sanjay bhai rightly said.

Sanjay Chhikara (May 14, 2003 07:19 a.m.):
    Guys this is just a public discussion, every one can say and express his opionion there is nothing wrong with that.
    And yes am proud of beging a farmers son!!!

Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (May 07, 2003 09:31 a.m.):
    It is really intersting reading comments of members on this subject. I agree with Sujata and Arti 100% that we have no business in passing judgements over what she is doing.Its unfortunate that Many talented Jat girls could not make it to the top in film industry just becasue of our prejudices. I am shocked to read commnets on her exposing or doing something which members feel is objectionable. Who says she got the role just because she is exposing ? There are thousands of good looking females in most big cities who will be more than happy to expose for film roles. It takes much more than exposing to act in a film. Even Nargis was paraded in swimming custume by Raj kapoor in one of his film in during the days when females were not willing to expose even their waiste..Still Nargis remained what she was..Filth is all in our attitude I suppose. How hypocratic we are when we clap for a hollywood heroine doing same thing and ridicule our own girl. Community should extend helping hand rather than ridiculing her. I fail to udersyand why we judge a person just by these trivial things? In a country where sex was never a taboo in olden days, people are trying to set their own moral codes these days. High time as a community we take broader outlook on such issues rather than just passing judgements. No one ever spoke of Rekha playing lesbian roles or Deepa mehta for all her juicy films....I am 100% sure, given the opportunity, our own Jat males will line up for nude roles..Then why so much of noise about Mallika?..I can smell islamic attidude among our people when it comes to treatinmg females...I am sorry if I hurt members' sentiments..

Rajendra

I totally agree with Rajendra ji...................
    " Look at the brighter side of things"

Kuch jyada to nahin ho gaya ye....

Pata nahin kese JAT honge ve....

Narender Bhanwala (May 15, 2003 05:48 a.m.):
    Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (May 07, 2003 09:31 a.m.):
    I am 100% sure, given the opportunity, our own Jat males will line up for nude roles..Rajendra
    I totally agree with Rajendra ji...................
    " Look at the brighter side of things"

Lamba Saheb

I fully agree. The debate is also right. It is also good that the subject and the news on it are well analyzed in the community. With my personal regards: Rajender Sangwan

Ishwar Singh Lamba (May 11, 2003 11:23 p.m.):
    Dr. Rajender Singh Sangwan Ji,
    As Lt Ramesh Lakra has rightly concluded, I have nothing to say further. Let us respect all views on our jatland.
    Is it ok, Australia is 6 hours ahead, I read Indian newspapers and post news regarding jats good or bad?
    Regards

My elders, my age mates and younger friends,

One should not jump in to express an opinion without knowing the background and full facts. If you cannot get full facts then at least one should have some facts to base your opinions on.

Sujata ji, Shikha ji, Arti ji, Lokesh ji, Ishwar ji and Rajendra ji - You all may not be aware of all the facts or even 10% of the facts.

Thats all I have to say...

Rajiv