is all written down is true!!!!!!!!! i found it on a website called Jattworld.com

Ravi, LordJat and members of Jatland.com,

I visited Jatland.com, a site moderated and conditioned for Hindu Jats. Though many on that site appear to be reasonable, I feel that some have sort of bias, ignorance, and fear of Jat Sikhs. Below find my analysis of the site’s ethos, not meant to offend anyone, but as a constructive criticism. I would sincerely like to help their cause, if the cause is just:

Reviewing the clan names, the members of the site are exclusively Hindu Jats; they have Dhe Jats as well as Deswali Jats.

The forum is geared in formulating a Hindu Jat identity, which seems to sing the tune of Indian nationalism, but also seeking Vedic Aryan status and descent.

They view themselves as great nationalists, the preservers and saver of India’s culture and religion. They view their brethren, Jat Sikhs, as Hindu Jats who were created to defend India and Hinduism from Islam.

This is all well and fine, but they seem to also view the Jat Sikh in negative light, perhaps as people who are confused, “senseless”, and out of the “mainstream” culture as pointed out by Dudee:

“I agree things are not the same since 1984 but they are whole lot better than 10 years ago. We need those people. Our political leadership did them wrong. Punjab is a front line state and we cannot afford that state to be in turmoil beside these people (jat sikh) have a strong presence in western countries and we need their support in lobbying for India. We, as a Hindu Jat, has to engage them and try to bring them back to mainstream. They would rather associate with us than Punjabi Hindus although they have same language.

WE are willing to welcome them in the main stream.”

Some of them view the Jat Sikhs as a tool to help their cause, as Jat Sikhs have a large presence in Western Countries. I suppose Jat Sikhs are willing to cooperate with Hindu Jats, but what exactly does “mainstream” mean? What bandwagon must the Jat Sikhs jump on and why?

I personally believe the Khalistan movement (or more likely media representation of it) has plagued them to believe that Jat Sikhs are some sort of ghadaars, or sellouts of India. And instead of looking past the propaganda, they do not try to understand the real reasons for Panjabi Jat political unrest.

I find it rather interesting that they refuse to let Jat Sikhs post on their threads, but claim they stand for Jat unity. What are they afraid of? A khichri? Or being overwhelmed by Panjabi Jats?

However, I still do think there are a few things Jat Sikhs have in common with them:

1. They openly reject orthodox Brahmanical Hinduism, i.e. Vaishnavism.
2. They allow for Widow Remarriage or karewa.
3. They are egalitarian amongst their own creed, even though around 100 years ago Deswalis viewed Dhe as their social inferiors.
4. They are agriculturalists who sit at the top of the village hierarchy. And have some political power.
5. They seem to be a pragmatic people.
6. Some of them share surnames with Jat Sikhs, i.e. Sandhu, Khokhar, Grewal, etc.

At the same time there are some differences:

1. They believe in Lord Shiva, which makes them susceptible to being absorbed by Brahmanical Hinduism, and as a consequence will be seen as a low caste amongst other Hindus. At the same time they are a minority group in the vast bulk of Hinduism, while Jat Sikhs are the dominant culture in Sikhism.

2. They have extreme nationalistic pride, whilst the Panjabi Jat does not. The reasons for this are countless.

3. Their religion and nationalistic pride, leads to using quasi-historical books to search for the origins of Jats, i.e. Mahabharata, Vedas, etc. As a consequence they must write their history around it. Thus creating distortions and often times ludicrous theories such as those proposed by Hukam Singh Parwar, i.e. Aryan Jats leave India for Central Asia, but get swept back and become Scythians in the process. Why move in the first place? “A religious schism.”

If Hindu Jats want people around the world to believe them, they must steadfastly seek the truth. And be willing to accept facts that may not be sympathetic to a religious or political cause.

4. No matter how much literature from various angles tell them they are invaders from Central Asia around the turn of the Christian era, they try desperately to be Aryan and son’s of the soil. So they want to be 1) autochons, 2) Aryans 3) always known as patriots 4) the race from which all other important races sprang from 5) top of Hindu social hierarchy 6) writers of the Vedas.

I am not a religious fanatic, in fact the Sikhs on various websites consider me a sellout. I am not going to be particularly friendly to a particular religious ideology as well. I am just being honest and sincere with my intentions, and forgive me if you are offended, as I am just a Jat.

Best Wishes,