Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Request for guidance

Request for guidance

Hello Everybody,
    At the outset allow me to introduce myself, I am a young scientist working as Research Associate Fellow of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Delhi and pursuing my work at the Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS), Delhi. I have been working on emotional intelligence for the last four years. I have authored a book "emotional intelligence:the indian scenario". In addition I have contributed some articles in journals too. My another book "Emotional intelligence:Theoretical and Cultural perspectives" is in pipeline. I am B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed., and Ph.D (on emotional intelligence).
    Through this forum I would like to share mainly two points :-
    1. I feel my previllage if I could do anything for my society (jat) or individual bhai.
    2. What are my future perspectives.

In fact I have been invited to deliver a lecture on emotional intelligence at Holland, but they won't provide travelling and lodging. Kindly advice me any agency in India or abroad who could provide me help. Because I won't bear this expanse my own.
    Hoping to receive reply soon.
    with kind regards,
    Sincerely
    Vinod
    91-11-22478815 (R)
    91-11-22113395 (O)
    vinodihbas@hotmail.com; dr_vinodshanwal@yahoo.co.in

Ihave seen a couple if posts where people become members of this site just before they need some help in some part of the world! Pretty amusing! I just mention cos i noticed a couple of posts in the past too so could not resist pointing out!.........

Hello Mr. Shamsher

Dear Mr. Shamsherji,
    Hello!
    I am surprised to see your comments on my request. I would like to mention the following:-
    1. I am the member of two groups of jatsabhia-one is running in Delhi, and the other is running for all India. Of course, both of them do not have any website.
    2. I have displayed my request for guidance not for any financial help, if you can see it again then you will definitely understand the correct picture. Secondly, I have requested for guidance from the organisations in India and abroad, those who are providing financial support. I never requested for individual help.
    3. When somebody is in trouble then only he can ask for help. I don't think that me or other who asked for help are wrong.
    4. When somebody wants to do something or really in trouble then only he/she can try to findout the solution. On that time he/she can while trying to findout the solution. In that process they thought that this may be one of solutions. If these sites are only for chatting or general discussion then I am sorry I did a mistake to join this site.
    with kind regards & awaiting your reply
    Vinod
    vinodihbas@hotmail.com; dr_vinodshanwal@yahoo.co.in
    Last edited by dr.vinod; December 18th, 2004 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Grametical mistakes

Hi Dr.Vinod,

I totally understand your point and feel sorry for what Mr.Shamsherji interpreted.I think ,we as communiity can help each other ,there is nothing like it ,if we can do it and or at least give the person the required information.I think main purpose of this website ,in my point of view is to help each other.
    I am sorry ,have no clue of these organisations which could help you ,but as soon as I have some information ,I will surely let you know. May be you could write to the University or the instituition in Holland and request them to refer you to some of these organisations which could sponsor your trip.
    Anyways,please don't be discouraged ,you will find the solution to your problem.

Regards,Renu
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow,
    Learn as if you were to live forever"Mahatma Gandhi
    renu..

Dr Vinod ji,

Its feels really good to know that jats have reached such high levels in education and are doing well in research. Let me congratulate you on the publication of your books and the invitation for the lecture.

I am sure you will find a sponsor if you try.

I am not sure what Mr Shamsher interpreted from your post. But I didn't like like his reply.

Its perfectly fine, in my opinion to ask for help. That's the way you "solve" problems.

Please don't get discouraged.

-Vikas
    http://tharsis-tholus.tumblr.com/
    http://www.trafford.com/robots/04-2584.html

Thumbs up

hi vinod,
    congratulations for the good work and good luck for the future. I'm sorry to say that I really do not know how to get the travel grant in your case but the organisation who is funding your project can be contacted for the same. CSIR, DBT, DST and even ICMR where u r working currently are amongst the ones which provide such grants and fundings but again i do not know which one is relevant in your case. I must tell you that you should start the process pretty in advance because thay take time in processing these requests. Good luck!
    Shamsher, that was pretty rude.. i think no harm in sharing what u know and helping fellow kins even if they showed up first time here ..
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Angry Nonsense

Shamsher bhai
    I think you have crossed hights of being rude. Asking for help is not a crime and moreover he is not forcing any body to give him help...and you being the last one in the list of vinod. Its upto the individual that if he wants to help anybody or not.........ar bhai rahi baat teri...didnt anybody helped you in geting to the place from where you are passing such rediculous remarks that also on a fello Jat.
    I am really shocked to see your statement and i doubt if you are mature person.

Quote Originally Posted by shamsher
    Ihave seen a couple if posts where people become members of this site just before they need some help in some part of the world! Pretty amusing! I just mention cos i noticed a couple of posts in the past too so could not resist pointing out!.........
    "Motion is The Sign of Life-Keep Moving"

Quote Originally Posted by renu
    Hi Dr.Vinod,

I totally understand your point and feel sorry for what Mr.Shamsherji interpreted.I think ,we as communiity can help each other ,there is nothing like it ,if we can do it and or at least give the person the required information.I think main purpose of this website ,in my point of view is to help each other.
    I am sorry ,have no clue of these organisations which could help you ,but as soon as I have some information ,I will surely let you know. May be you could write to the University or the instituition in Holland and request them to refer you to some of these organisations which could sponsor your trip.
    Anyways,please don't be discouraged ,you will find the solution to your problem.

Regards,Renu
    Hello Dr. Renu,
    Thanks! I was really very much disappointed with the comments of Mr. Shasherji.
    I had written to organizers of the conference, they can only waivedoff my registeration fee, rest I will have to arrange. The purpose of citing the request is to seek guidance. I never requested for any 'chanda' or individual financial help. I required only general guidance that would not only save my efforts but also a correct direction viz how many organizations are working for this purpose? How to contact the concerned agency, etc. Even though, I did not force anybody.
    Anyway, I was much disturbed by the remarks of Mr. Shamsherji, will try to come out from this situation soon.
    I am really grateful to you; at least you understood my message correctly.
    Regards,
    Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by vicky_panwar
    Dr Vinod ji,

Its feels really good to know that jats have reached such high levels in education and are doing well in research. Let me congratulate you on the publication of your books and the invitation for the lecture.

I am sure you will find a sponsor if you try.

I am not sure what Mr Shamsher interpreted from your post. But I didn't like like his reply.

Its perfectly fine, in my opinion to ask for help. That's the way you "solve" problems.

Please don't get discouraged.

-Vikas
    Dear Vikas,
    Thanks for uplifting my moral. I am getting so much support my society (jat family). Everybody is encouraging me, I will never discouraged. Due to some financial hardships I was compelled for start working in early stage. I started my job at the age of 21 years. That time was just intermediate and having two years diploma in secretarial practice and computer operations. I started my career as a clerk. After working hard for 12 years of continuing my education alongside job, I reached upto this level. Which is ofcourse not as high as I wanted but I am quite satisfied. In these 12 years I meet somany well wishers, who encouraged me. Initially I heart very much by the comments of Mr. Shamsherji but now I will proceed with my ideas, guidance of seniors and good wishes of friends like you.
    with best wishes,
    Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by poonam
    hi vinod,
    congratulations for the good work and good luck for the future. I'm sorry to say that I really do not know how to get the travel grant in your case but the organisation who is funding your project can be contacted for the same. CSIR, DBT, DST and even ICMR where u r working currently are amongst the ones which provide such grants and fundings but again i do not know which one is relevant in your case. I must tell you that you should start the process pretty in advance because thay take time in processing these requests. Good luck!
    Shamsher, that was pretty rude.. i think no harm in sharing what u know and helping fellow kins even if they showed up first time here ..
    Hello Poonam,
    Thanks a lot. I am in process of contacting CSIR, DBT, DST. ICMR won't provide any assistance. The paper which I have to present is based on Ph.D thesis, it is not related to current project, which I am pursuing. Kindly also see my private message sent to your earlier.
    with regards,
    Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by kulwant
    Shamsher bhai
    I think you have crossed hights of being rude. Asking for help is not a crime and moreover he is not forcing any body to give him help...and you being the last one in the list of vinod. Its upto the individual that if he wants to help anybody or not.........ar bhai rahi baat teri...didnt anybody helped you in geting to the place from where you are passing such rediculous remarks that also on a fello Jat.
    I am really shocked to see your statement and i doubt if you are mature person.
    Respected Maj Sahab,
    Thank you sir. I would like to speak to over phone. please provide me your number.
    with kind regards,
    Vinod

dr sahab infact i contacted on ur phone just a while back but i think u were away.......any way my no. is 9810988005

Quote Originally Posted by dr.vinod
    Respected Maj Sahab,
    Thank you sir. I would like to speak to over phone. please provide me your number.
    with kind regards,
    Vinod
    "Motion is The Sign of Life-Keep Moving"

Quote Originally Posted by kulwant
    dr sahab infact i contacted on ur phone just a while back but i think u were away.......any way my no. is 9810988005
    Maj. Saab,
    Sorry due to some problem with internet, our chatting was incomplete.
    I will speak to you over phone.
    with regards,
    vinod

Quote Originally Posted by shamsher

Dear Shamsher Singh Ji,

I feel there is nothing wrong if our community people become member of this site only when they need guidance. After all one of the purpose of this site is to help our younger generation. Let us encourage them to seek help from community members. If we can't help let us not discourage them.

I am sure you may be having some advise to Dr. Vinod yourself being located in NYC. Kindly help him if you can in any way.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif
    Dear Shamsher Singh Ji,

I feel there is nothing wrong if our community people become member of this site only when they need guidance. After all one of the purpose of this site is to help our younger generation. Let us encourage them to seek help from community members. If we can't help let us not discourage them.

I am sure you may be having some advise to Dr. Vinod yourself being located in NYC. Kindly help him if you can in any way.
    Respected Col. Sahab,
    Thanks! I am working on your leads.
    Vinod

Smile

Dear Vinod and other friends who participated on this topic, we all should be proud of achievements of Vinod in the new field of EQ and wish him luck in his future endevours. Going to Holland is an opportunity which may look good on his resume but for some reason if he can not go there it does not make him any less valuable a member of this community. Looking from the response on this thread probably this community needs his professional assistance in improving their EQ than people in Holland. What do you say ? Are you game to give it a try. Hope you have forgiven any rude comments which were probably made inadvertently for which Shamsher has attarcted his share of rebukes from other members. Some time ago I had read a book titled "Emotional Intelligence in Work Place" by Dr. Dalip Singh and would recommend it to every one. It does make one aware of importance of emotional intelligence in work place and in life. Dr. Vinod may have much more to teach all of us on EQ. Best wishes to all.

Quote Originally Posted by scsheorayan
    Dear Vinod and other friends who participated on this topic, we all should be proud of achievements of Vinod in the new field of EQ and wish him luck in his future endevours. Going to Holland is an opportunity which may look good on his resume but for some reason if he can not go there it does not make him any less valuable a member of this community. Looking from the response on this thread probably this community needs his professional assistance in improving their EQ than people in Holland. What do you say ? Are you game to give it a try. Hope you have forgiven any rude comments which were probably made inadvertently for which Shamsher has attarcted his share of rebukes from other members. Some time ago I had read a book titled "Emotional Intelligence in Work Place" by Dr. Dalip Singh and would recommend it to every one. It does make one aware of importance of emotional intelligence in work place and in life. Dr. Vinod may have much more to teach all of us on EQ. Best wishes to all.
    Respected Sh. Sheorayan Saab,
    Thank you sir,
    I am glad to know that you have read a book on emotional intelligence and your experience about this growing field. I have been receiving guidance and valuable suggestions through this site. I am grateful to organizers of the site and my well wishers. I am not at all unhappy with any colleague about any rude comments. Hope they did it unknowingly. I am ready to provide my services for my community in India. In fact, I am ready to deliver lectures on this topic or any querry would be dealt through this site or my personal email ids. I am not going to Holland permanently, I am going there for delivering a lecture (only for 4-5 days). I would definitely request you to read my book also. "Emotional Intelligence: The Indian Scenario" published by Indian Publishers & Distributors, Kamla Nagar, Delhi. I have developed a measurement tool for measuring emotional intelligence for primary school children. This scale was testedout on 200 primary school children on MCD, primary school children. I have also tried to findout the correlates of emotional intelligence and suggested some means and ways for improving emotional intelligence.
    I am going to deliver a lecture on 29-30th Jan 2005 at Tirachrapalli (Madras). Those who are residing nearby area are most welcome to listen the lecture.
    I appreciate your feelings.
    Vinod

Dear Vinod,

Thank you for the message and wish you good luck with your career and life. Next time I am in India certainly will look for your book and read it. I am sure there is a lot we do not know about emotional intelligence. I am glad to learn that your Naniji was a sheoran. If I say sheorans are great people it would be self praise but would certainly like to know about your Nani ji.

Take care.

Dear Sheorayan Ji,

I tend to agree with you that Sheorans are great Jats. First time I heard of Sheorans was, when I was a small kid. There was one Sheoran in Shamli. Those were the days of unbranded radio sets. He used to assemble radios and call them Sheoran Radios. His brand was so popular in our area because of the quality. Had he been in a country like USA in those days, he would have certainly beaten Bosh and would have been a billionare ...There were many Jats in this this Radio assembly business in those days and certainly Sheoran was way above them all..

Regards
    Rajendra

Quote Originally Posted by scsheorayan
    Dear Vinod,

Thank you for the message and wish you good luck with your career and life. Next time I am in India certainly will look for your book and read it. I am sure there is a lot we do not know about emotional intelligence. I am glad to learn that your Naniji was a sheoran. If I say sheorans are great people it would be self praise but would certainly like to know about your Nani ji.

Take care.
    Respected Sheorayan Sahab,
    Hello! I was busy in prepring two lectures one for Tamilnadu, yesterday was the last date..........and other is to be submitted in USA ..which is likely to be submitted........Anyway......WHO JAT COMMUNITY IS GREAT. My naniji belongs to Barvas (near Badara), Loharu....adjoining area of Rajasthan.....we was really very great....his other family members are residing in Barvas...........my mother has great attachment with his materal uncles.........so I am also very close to sheorayans.
    with regards,
    Vinod