Thread: Scholarships Available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scholarships Available

Dear Friends

North American Jat Charities (NAJC / www.najcharities.org) is seeking applications for awarding academic scholarships to jat students pursuing college education.

We usually award 20 scholarships in September of each year. But this year, as you must have read by now, we raised a handsome amount of money at NAJC’s 10th anniversary celebration dinner - THANKS TO ALL THE DONORS- that puts us in a position to extend financial help to more students (financially needy).

If you know of any such student, please pass on this information to her/him. For more information, the student can contact Dr. Jagbir Singh, chairman – Scholarships Committee – either via email or by phone. jagbir.singh@temple.edu / 215 204 5069, 215 635 6830.

The applicant can print the form (please see attachment), fill it out and mail it alongwith other documents to NAJC head office located at - 20 Gumani Court, Freehold, NJ 07728, USA.

If you are interested in becoming a member or in donating to NAJC, please contact:

Mr. Ram S. Arya - 732 308 0721/ r.arya@att.net
    or myself – 609 705 5018 / kapoorsingh@yahoo.com

As has been mentioned earlier:

1. Donations to NAJC are tax exempt for US residents
    2. NAJC is a volunteer run charity with ZERO administrative expenses.

Best Wishes

NAJC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by singhkapoor; December 22nd, 2004 at 06:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to singhkapoor For This Useful Post:

manj (May 18th, 2017)

Dear Mr. Kapoor,
    Your team is doing really a very wonderful job. I appreciate your efforts. I would be feel previllaged if I could be provide any help for your sangathan. I am financially not good but I am ready to offer my services for academics or some other work.
    with heartiest regards,
    Vinod
    Last edited by dr.vinod; December 24th, 2004 at 12:05 PM.

Dr Sahab

We, NAJC members, thank you very much for the compliments and for offering your help. You can definitely chip-in by spreading the NAJC gospel. It takes active participation of people from all walks of life to make the positive difference in any community.

Agreed that people like Santosh & Ram Arya, who have a lion’s heart, are few and far between but each one of us lesser mortals can do our part to help NAJC’s dream come to fruition.

Specifically at this time you can help us in increasing the applicant pool for NAJC scholarships. Talk to your friends, relatives, colleagues; tell them about the availabilty of these scholarships to jat students pursuing college education in India. We receive a handsome number of applications but more the merrier.

Best Wishes

NAJC

Quote Originally Posted by dr.vinod
    Dear Mr. Kapoor,
    Your team is doing really a very wonderful job. I appreciate your efforts. I would be feel previllaged if I could be provide any help for your sangathan. I am financially not good but I am ready to offer my services for academics or some other work.
    with heartiest regards,
    Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by singhkapoor
    Dr Sahab

We, NAJC members, thank you very much for the compliments and for offering your help. You can definitely chip-in by spreading the NAJC gospel. It takes active participation of people from all walks of life to make the positive difference in any community.

Agreed that people like Santosh & Ram Arya, who have a lion’s heart, are few and far between but each one of us lesser mortals can do our part to help NAJC’s dream come to fruition.

Specifically at this time you can help us in increasing the applicant pool for NAJC scholarships. Talk to your friends, relatives, colleagues; tell them about the availabilty of these scholarships to jat students pursuing college education in India. We receive a handsome number of applications but more the merrier.

Best Wishes

NAJC
    Dear Mr. Kapoor,
    Thanks! I will try my level best to do the needful. Infact, today I have shared this information with my friends Dr. K.P. Rana & Dr. Ritu Rana. Both of them are very good they will also do something for this purpose.
    with kind regards,
    Sincerely
    Vinod

Query

Kapoor Sahab, I would like to know more about this organisation as I am new member of jatland and has heard about this for the 1st time.

What is the ultimate AIM of the organisation.
    What is the functioning of this organisation.
    What kind of help it provides to the students and on what ground.
    Which all area it covers at present.
    "Motion is The Sign of Life-Keep Moving"

Dear Major Sahab

At the very outset, I apologize for the delayed response.

At the same time we Thank You very much for showing interest in NAJC's objectives, dreams, functioning …… et al.

The following statement embodies NAJC's dream:

“The day shall come when NAJC will be able to present unlimited opportunities to people of our community, especially children, to enable them to act out their strongest dreams – even if it takes a few lifetimes”.

We need everyone's contribution/help because we truly believe this dream can be fulfilled but only with active participation of more and more ABLE & WILLING jats like Sheela & Dr. Jaipal Rathi, Veena & Dr. Jagbir Singh, Dr. Ghasi Ram, Santosh & Ram Arya, the Ahalawat/Dabas family - all NAJC protagonists who are our guiding lights. Each one of us jatland members (and others) can learn a thing or two from these people who truly epitomize selflessness.

Answers to your questions here in this format will not do justice to all the work being done through NAJC. Therefore, I request you to visit www.najcharities.org

Caution: Don’t judge us by the layout of our website. Don’t they say sometimes looks can be deceiving??? It’s certainly true in this case. The website is run and maintained by amateurs (volunteers for upgrading the website are welcome) so you might not find the layout very professional. But if you devote time to reading various articles, which elucidate the projects undertaken by the organization, you will understand our mission better.

For your and other jatland members’ benefit, I am also giving a link to another article posted on jatland by Ms. Sumita Singh. She wrote the article about one of our membership meetings held in April 2004.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1022

Very soon, I will also try to post the brochure we prepared on the occasion of NAJC’s 10th anniversary celebration. The brochure synopsizes NAJC’s work from 1994 to 2004.

Thanks once again for your interest in NAJC.

Best Wishes

NAJC

Quote Originally Posted by kulwant
    Kapoor Sahab, I would like to know more about this organisation as I am new member of jatland and has heard about this for the 1st time.

What is the ultimate AIM of the organisation.
    What is the functioning of this organisation.
    What kind of help it provides to the students and on what ground.
    Which all area it covers at present.
    Last edited by singhkapoor; December 28th, 2004 at 05:50 PM.

Dear All

I had a few enquiries from students studying outside India. As much as we would like to help such students, the scholarships at present are available to students pursuing COLLEGE education in INDIA.

As you can imagine, a Dollar goes a long way in India compared to in a more developed country. We hope that one day, with contribution from more and more affluent jats, we will be able to cater to every jat student and support him/her in realizing his/her full potential.

Best Wishes

NAJC (North American Jat Charities - www.najcharities.org)

Thanks!!!

Dear Anuj

Thanks a ton for taking time out to put forth your suggestions. In fact, Mr. Arya and I have been discussing the possibility of implementing a similar idea.

Every year, NAJC awards scholarships (all-expenses-paid - in most cases) to 20 bright jat men/women pursuing college education in India. We are thinking of asking the recipients of these scholarships (most are pursuing a degree in Engineering or Medicine) to donate a small amount of their time towards tutoring/helping school-kids in their local area.

We are even weighing the pros and cons of making social service as a pre-requisite to qualifying for an NAJC scholarship.

Please let us know if you know of anyone residing in the jat belt, who might be interested in furthering NAJC’s cause. High school/college going students are in the best position to render this kind of social-service (tutoring under-privileged kids) and get a commendation certificate from NAJC.

We will be glad to explore the possibilities.

And yes, thanks for calling me Uncle. If I remember correctly you are Anurag’s younger brother and must be in your twenties (didn’t we once chat online?). Anyway, the good thing about having an old-fashioned/old-sounding name is that you get a little more respect……... I am sure I would have been treated a little differently if my name were Bunty….LOL.

We appreciate your “looking out for NAJC”.

Rspected Sir,
    I am a B.Tech III yr student at IIT roorkee. My branch is Metallurgical and Material Engg. and department rank is 2nd.I want to go for
    MS preferably in US. Do you think that i am eligible for the schlorship provided
    by NAGC? please mail me as early as possible.

Ghanshyam Pilania

Quote Originally Posted by singhkapoor
    Dear Friends

North American Jat Charities (NAJC / www.najcharities.org) is seeking applications for awarding academic scholarships to jat students pursuing college education.

We usually award 20 scholarships in September of each year. But this year, as you must have read by now, we raised a handsome amount of money at NAJC’s 10th anniversary celebration dinner - THANKS TO ALL THE DONORS- that puts us in a position to extend financial help to more students (financially needy).

If you know of any such student, please pass on this information to her/him. For more information, the student can contact Dr. Jagbir Singh, chairman – Scholarships Committee – either via email or by phone. jagbir.singh@temple.edu / 215 204 5069, 215 635 6830.

The applicant can print the form (please see attachment), fill it out and mail it alongwith other documents to NAJC head office located at - 20 Gumani Court, Freehold, NJ 07728, USA.

If you are interested in becoming a member or in donating to NAJC, please contact:

Mr. Ram S. Arya - 732 308 0721/ r.arya@att.net
    or myself – 609 705 5018 / kapoorsingh@yahoo.com

As has been mentioned earlier:

1. Donations to NAJC are tax exempt for US residents
    2. NAJC is a volunteer run charity with ZERO administrative expenses.

Best Wishes

NAJC

congrates from jaipur india

dear sir
    i m jaipur based jat journalist. u r doing such a wonderful welfare for our children. keep it up.
    ramkumar

hello Sir,
    i m interesting in getting more information regarding getting scholarship according to my profile plz provide me more information. is this helpful in Canada also,

i hv B.Sc. I.T with 64%
    M.B.A in Marketing n H.R. with 62%.

n wnt to look for M.I.T there may be in Australia or Canada. will i aligible for get this scholarship.

plz reply me sir.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.vinod View Post
    Dear Mr. Kapoor,
    with heartiest regards,
    Vinod
    Sir i need financial help for my studies if it is possible then mail @ sachinsunda0@gmail.com

Dear Dr. Rajpal

I sincerely wish NAJC were in a position to consider your case!! With our limited resources, we are only able to offer scholarships to students pursuing college education in India. But, NAJC's membership is growing and so are its resources; so,it's only a matter of time before we start helping students studying outside India.

I am sure a few more well-heeled jats will take notice of our activities and make financial contributions that can help NAJC to get in kilter.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Wishing you all the best!!!

NAJC
    www.najcharities.org
    1-732 308 0721
    1-609 705 5018

Respected Kapoor Uncle and other NAJC Members,

I am really glad to see that all of you are putting in so much effort for the cause of providing better education to our fellow JAT brothers who are not so privileged to afford the best education due to montary reasons.

I am working with a NGO called Asha for education with its Hyderabad chapter (http://ashanet.org/hyderabad ) for over last one year and I have this dream to run a chapter on similar lines in Haryana.We are a bunch of just 5-10 volunteers and have been able to provide support to various schools.
    There are numerous Non Profit organizations doing a whole lot of good work in many states but for reasons not clear to me in Haryana there are very few organizations.

I would highly suggest that some of the Jatland members take personal interest in a school in some villages to start with and if required you can raise some funds from NAJC to support the needs of the school.
    Also otehr jatland members who are in haryana can use their contacts and take people to spend time with these children.
    More than anything they need proper guidance about what all opportunities lie infront of them and to make them realize the importance of education.

It will take a bunch of enthusiastic people who can take the leadership role and form a group and to start with work with a school near them. It can be things like spending time with children and taking classes for them.
    Slowly you will realize what are their requirements and how they can be addressed. We can all try to raise monetary funds and provide help in whatever way possible.

Here in Hyderabad we are basically using our contacts in the corporate world and some personal donations to help the under privileged children.

It will be a great step towards our larger goal if we can start such a group.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Anuj kadyan

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi Anuj,

Swell reading you post & efforts you are making for the NGO "Asha" um quite keen in associating with some NGO,,do leme know if i can be of any help to you..i am a market research professional residing in Gurgaon,,

Take care,,
    Suvigya
    Last edited by suvigya; August 13th, 2005 at 07:16 PM.

Suvigya

How about starting out with helping kids from your own community....i.e. doing something in tandem with NAJC - a "homegrown" charity? Don't they say - Charity begins at home?

Please let us know if you are interested.

Best Wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by suvigya
    Hi Anuj,

Swell reading you post & efforts you are making for the NGO "Asha" um quite keen in associating with some NGO,,do leme know if i can be of any help to you..i am a market research professional residing in Gurgaon,,

Take care,,
    Suvigya

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi Mr Kapoor,

I would be more then happy to extent my help for my own community & people with your earnest guidence & support.Plz educate me what contributaion can i make towards it.

Rgds,
    Suvigya Rathee