Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rohtak Stands Tall ?

Aap bi kasoot so bera na ke-ke toh kai liaao so
    Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    While finalising the page about Haryana's History (Veerbhoomi Haryana), at Jatland Wiki, it reminded me about this old thread.

If we believe Jat scholar Late Swami Omanand (the author of "Veerbhoomi Haryana"), Rohtak city could be about 22-lakhs year old !

Human memory is short and history is buried deep into earth. Not just Rohtak, many other towns of Haryana are lakhs of years old !
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

सौ कौतकी...:eek:...एक रोहतकी.....:p:D......?
    baaki..:rolleyes:..KARNAL te badhiya kime na hai.....
    मेरी जिन्दगी.....मेरा अन्दाज
    Work as a Labour.....Live as a King.
    कर भला हो भला.....अंत भले का भला
    To do better make changes where necessary and find other avenues.
    ALL POWER IS WITHIN YOU. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. BELIEVE IN THAT.
    अपने तो अपने होते हैं.....बाकी सब सपने होते हैं ।

Jhajhar Gurukul

I had been to the Museum (Sangrahaalya) in Jhajhar Gurukul when Guru Omanandaji was living.
    He told that he collected many of those objects (with historical value) all by himself from different places. He's put a lot of things (like coins, pots, blood stained clothes, swords, etc etc) on display there and believe me its worth a visit.

I think people who have not been there should go at least once...

Thanks,
    Sumit

While finalising the page about Haryana's History (Veerbhoomi Haryana), at Jatland Wiki, it reminded me about this old thread.

If we believe Jat scholar Late Swami Omanand (the author of "Veerbhoomi Haryana"), Rohtak city could be about 22-lakhs year old !

Human memory is short and history is buried deep into earth. Not just Rohtak, many other towns of Haryana are lakhs of years old !

Smile rohtak 22lakh yrs old

Happened to observe some info
    1. Rohitaka was a vilage at the time of Pandavas and had been existing much before that.
    2. If you happen to visit the museum at Purana Qila Delhi, the map of Pandavas shows Rohitaka written at present day Rohtak. This Rohitaka covered areas from Gujrat Rajsthan, punjab, pakistan upto initial himalayas.
    3. The name Rohitaka comes from a medicinal plant which finds mention in Ayurveda Samhita, the plant was called rohitaka because it had redish brown flowers, it has a white flower variety too. Tecomella Undulata, currently the plant is called Rohida.
    4. We can atleast conclude that Rohitaka is much older than Mahabharata. Might have existed at the time of dynosaurs too. :-)
    All jats have originally belonged to Rohtaka, that explains their common characteristics and mere ar keshav ar sunita warge jinki saari peedhiyan rohtak me hi rahi hain have become extreme cases. (or in Shagun ji's laguage 'gone cases')
    Rohtak is the essence of Jat culture, so much so that even a baniya/punjabi staying in Rohtak is called a Jat by others.
    Last edited by navingulia; April 6th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ratheetheraist View Post

hahaha - daakki - tu kit luk rahya sei? Tannei bhi toh kei lyana paddega !!

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    ooohhoo aap bhi rohtak sei hi ho.....meine to ab notice kiya
    aapki location aaj hi dekhi......>>> Belong to Rohtak....that's more than ENOUGH!!!!....yeh enough ke baad 4 dogge kyun khadde hain ?? :p

waise rohtak stands tall kyunki CM rtk ka hai aajkal.....hehehe
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

The statement in Red is very much confusing for me ... 22 lakhs year old means that civilization or the land ??? If land then i think UP, Bihar, china korea all are eually or more old than Rohtak

got tired working...and came across this thread...and believe me the most apt thread where i can get rid of day's weariness...lol

but it was already there in subconscious...

non-jats utter of rohtak at mere mention of 'jat' because rohtak epitomises jats...a non-receptive, non-hospitable, non-cultured city...which has no place for other casts, but jats

a city where you can't distinguish between a peon and principal in first instance...

a city which doesn't advanace despite being so close to delhi...rowdy, nonsensically arrogant jats all around...which might act like raj thackeray any day...

which has 100s of educational institutes, but educates nothing...brings no big difference between a peasant's mind and a graduate's

the most respectable profession, rather only profession, one can look for is teaching...

plz don't take personal...i meant all in general...how most of the fabric of rohtak is like...

and since jats feel proud in it...which they call 'identity', possible reason that non-jats identify jats with rohtak...
    A flask of wine, a book of verse
    And thou beside me, singing in wilderness
    When wilderness is paradise.

NCR is also packed with hypocrite, black heart and haughty ppls(specially jats). Arrogancy of these ppl culminates when they don't even accept the birthday wishes:p...Rohtak jats are still better
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by seemasindhu View Post
    got tired working...and came across this thread...and believe me the most apt thread where i can get rid of day's weariness...lol

but it was already there in subconscious...

non-jats utter of rohtak at mere mention of 'jat' because rohtak epitomises jats...a non-receptive, non-hospitable, non-cultured city...which has no place for other casts, but jats

a city where you can't distinguish between a peon and principal in first instance...

a city which doesn't advanace despite being so close to delhi...rowdy, nonsensically arrogant jats all around...which might act like raj thackeray any day...

which has 100s of educational institutes, but educates nothing...brings no big difference between a peasant's mind and a graduate's

the most respectable profession, rather only profession, one can look for is teaching...

plz don't take personal...i meant all in general...how most of the fabric of rohtak is like...

and since jats feel proud in it...which they call 'identity', possible reason that non-jats identify jats with rohtak...
    why rohtak only.........this is all over the india....wat do you think of mumbai or delhi or any other place in india.......they are far more worse thn rohtak...atleast in rohtak you cant hear the news of rape in moving car.........PEOPLE OF ROHTAK MIGHT BE POOR IN MONEY BUT THEY HAVE SOMETHING IN SPECIAL THAT OTHERS ARE MISSING.............

It is very much true that there is nothing special in Rohtak which distinguishes it from other cities of Haryana. I belonged to Rohtak but now my village is in Sonipat. Sonipat is alike Rohtak. I have spent my childhood in Sonipat but city did not help me in grooming any sort of characteristics that I can feel proud of. If we consider all characteristics of a city then I think Gurgaon is the best in Haryana.
    Yoginder Gulia

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    IF one uses the word JAT Anywhere outside Haryana,people immidiately SAY," ARE YOU FROM ROHTAK." Why it is so that Rohtak and word JAT are so synonymous? What makes Rohtak so popular? Is it that the Old Rohtak DISTT had high percentage of Jat population OR are there some more qualifying reasons that ROHTAK means JATS and JAT means ROHTAK ?? ANY TAKES PLEASE.............................??????????

sir, whenever i talk 2 people frm outside haryana ... they ask me (thnx 2 my regional lanuage touch) r u 4m haryana? ... when i say yes... they ask me ... frm gurgaon?......... its just my personal xperience ...... so i may say its not rohtak which stands tall.... theres gurgaon now. u might b sharing ur xperiences u had in NCR sometimes ago. now scene has changed .... in delhi haryana is not recognaised as rohtak. come to a bigger scenario .... most of the DTC/DP servicemen from rohtak Disst. ...... so 4 them haryana is rohtak.

But it is just around NCR ..... try to xplore n u'll find its gurgaon (now a days) which represents haryana.

""
    Idevdahiya

iF one uses the word JAT Anywhere outside Haryana,people immidiately SAY," ARE YOU FROM ROHTAK." Why it is so that Rohtak and word JAT are so synonymous?
    ""
    nooooo ..... i m working outside haryana 4 last 10 yrs... Rohtak n Jat may b synonymous ..... but only near rohtak or NCR only ... but outside its JAT's no matter from where they are ..

if someone thinks Rohtak is standing tall... he/she must must b proud... b'coz its the cultural capital of haryana. n thats all.
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya View Post
    just found this post.......so wud like to add some thing to this...

well for ROHTAK i dont need to comment as when i describe it to some one.....I usually refer to it as LA of haryana and if u r really talking to people of JIND, kaithal, gohana or even sirsa and hisar I tell them that they really lack in communication, thots and ideas ma be due to distance from delhi
    but the reason is some thing else.........:rolleyes:

lets find out if anyone can explain..............:D:D
    waiting for comments...

oops... i wonder wat positive attitude has been put off by people of other distt.

if u so concern bout the distance from delhi.... then where is bahadurgarh??

if u think distance from delhi does matter (which actually does).... then bahadurgarh must be ahead of rohtak (so the question is why rohtak advances so much but bahadugarh dosen't)..

so i think its just mentality of the people of that region otherwise sonipat would have been (2nd Gurgaon).....
    Last edited by misguidedyouth; April 11th, 2008 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by positivelook View Post
    Rohtak is also the political capital of haryana. One more reason could be that people of rohtak speak khadi haryanavi andin comparison to other distt. rohtak is old and always be in limelight. Baaki ghani baat to manne bee na berra.

Abhimanyu Phougat

"Rohtak is also the political capital of haryana" ... dont mind abhimanyu.... but ... its the most wired quote i heard.... how come u say its the political capital... .... how many CM's it has produced?? moreover tell me the top 5 (political leaders) so that u can campare with the another top 5 leaders in any other distt.

current CM is from rohtak so everyone from rohtak thinks he/she (whoever from rohtak disst.) is a CM ....

Nobody dare to raise this issue b4 B.S.H

Quote Originally Posted by positivelook View Post
    Rohtak is also the political capital of haryana. One more reason could be that people of rohtak speak khadi haryanavi andin comparison to other distt. rohtak is old and always be in limelight. Baaki ghani baat to manne bee na berra.

Abhimanyu Phougat

lemme tell u rohtak was never been political capital of haryana... in last 44 yrs rohtak has never produced a CM and u think its a political capital of haryana???? it may be culture capital but not at all political.

bhai... haryana ka political center bhiwani,hisar,sirsa he hai..... saare bina dimag ke jat yahin paaye jate hain. (aur poore haryana ka yahi poilitical centere hai) Rohtak toh bas naam ka hai.

p.s.
    (someone tell me if i'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by jyotijoon View Post
    May be Rohtak has Medical college and MDU thats why it is more popular and people in this district are more educated from long time.For example my grand father got his education from Delhi and mostly he lived in Japan, Korea and pune and he always told that he was from Rohtak.
    now hisar has CCSHAU (Chaudhary Charan Singh Harayana Agriculture University) offers worldclass services www.hau.ernet.in/

then we have one hopeless university called GJU www.gju.ernet.in/

but then agroha medical college ..... some law college n so on..... so education infrastracture wise not very backword if compare to rohtak.

lal karri hui baat to main bhi manta hu teri :D

urr bhai bina dimag ke jat bheed khatti kerra karre hain jansabha me rajniti nahi kerra kerte :D

Quote Originally Posted by misguidedyouth View Post
    lemme tell u rohtak was never been political capital of haryana... in last 44 yrs rohtak has never produced a CM and u think its a political capital of haryana???? it may be culture capital but not at all political.

bhai... haryana ka political center bhiwani,hisar,sirsa he hai..... saare bina dimag ke jat yahin paaye jate hain. (aur poore haryana ka yahi poilitical centere hai) Rohtak toh bas naam ka hai.

p.s.
    Last edited by vivekdh; April 11th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

mere hisab se haryana me sarre bade sahar 1 jaise hain
    gurgoun ki baat hi aalag hai bahut aage nikal chuka hai.
    ggn me yadavon kaa bol bala hai jaton ki wahan nahi chalti
    lekin haryana ki pehchan badi badi imarat nahi hai balki khet khaliyan or akdi hui boli or apne gaaman ke tau hain.jo haryana me har jagha payye jatte hain per bolli rohtak waalo ki sabse jayda aakdi hui hai agar samne wala aadmi rohtak waale ki baat ko majak me naa le to sar futane ke pure chance rehte hain.

urr aaj kal kuch film line ke logon ne bhi rohtak ko pehchan de di hai

jaise 1 example
    desi kaa paua english kaa aadha ............
    bombay ne tha ke main rohtak me dharr du .....................ganna bahut mashur hua tha:D

How any city or place can be known...

Quote Originally Posted by misguidedyouth View Post

p.s.
    Bhai dhillon sahb...... as u mentioned every where in ur posts.. that Rohtak can be culture capital of haryana... that means wahan ki bhasaa bol chaal.. rehan sehan.... kissi bhi jagah ko duniyaa me agar jana jaata hai to Culture comes first n than comes devlopment..... aapki ye baat theek hai ki Gurgaon is much more devloped than other cities in haryana... but that not means ppl forget Rohtak or it no where now.... Rohtak stands tall not means other cities are neglected.... it only means if anyone talk abt JAt fisrt names comes Rohtak.... it is true.... Becouse of the culture and becouse of language.....te bhai yo kisse ne nahi kaha ki Rohtak aaley ND hain per aade ki Boli ND te bhi ghani kasoot sai..... ... jo lath se maare sai.... jab koi bhiwani .hisaar ya sirsaa kaa Bolle sai te kimme khaass baat naa honti kyonki unki bole me mithaass sai... Rohtak aalley ki main konyaa..... thats why ppl say he/she must be from HARYANA or ROHTAK.....rahi baat political capital ki.... usme meraa ghanaaa interest nahi.....