Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rohtak Stands Tall ?

Why Rohtak Stands Tall ?

IF one uses the word JAT Anywhere outside Haryana,people immidiately SAY," ARE YOU FROM ROHTAK." Why it is so that Rohtak and word JAT are so synonymous? What makes Rohtak so popular? Is it that the Old Rohtak DISTT had high percentage of Jat population OR are there some more qualifying reasons that ROHTAK means JATS and JAT means ROHTAK ?? ANY TAKES PLEASE.............................??????????
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya
    IF one uses the word JAT Anywhere outside Haryana,people immidiately SAY," ARE YOU FROM ROHTAK." Why it is so that Rohtak and word JAT are so synonymous? What makes Rohtak so popular? Is it that the Old Rohtak DISTT had high percentage of Jat population OR are there some more qualifying reasons that ROHTAK means JATS and JAT means ROHTAK ?? ANY TAKES PLEASE.............................??????????
    Coz Rohtak is a JAT METROPOLIS ;-)
    What goes around comes around!!

Its curious that you mentioned that, but in my case I laways have to explain that there exists a place named Rohtak.
    The tendency of abstract thought... to enervate the will is one of the real dangers of the highest education.
    --Mark Pattison, Suggestions on Academical Organisation

Cool hehehe........

just found this post.......so wud like to add some thing to this...

well for ROHTAK i dont need to comment as when i describe it to some one.....I usually refer to it as LA of haryana and if u r really talking to people of JIND, kaithal, gohana or even sirsa and hisar I tell them that they really lack in communication, thots and ideas ma be due to distance from delhi
    but the reason is some thing else.........:rolleyes:

lets find out if anyone can explain..............:D:D
    waiting for comments...
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    may be because of the fact that Rohtak and Sonepat were the same district earlier and apart from other reasons the jats of this region advances earlier and make a mark everywhere?

Login to view details.
    Rohtak is also the political capital of haryana. One more reason could be that people of rohtak speak khadi haryanavi andin comparison to other distt. rohtak is old and always be in limelight. Baaki ghani baat to manne bee na berra.

Abhimanyu Phougat

May be Rohtak has Medical college and MDU thats why it is more popular and people in this district are more educated from long time.For example my grand father got his education from Delhi and mostly he lived in Japan, Korea and pune and he always told that he was from Rohtak.

Login to view details.
    I cant think of any reason other than that I have found Rohtak people to be closest to the stereotypical Jat image. Their language is the one that is mostly associated with Jats, I suppose the same goes for the culture.

Rohtak is the centre of gravity of Haryana. Or rather haryana ka dil hai Rohtak me...and on a lighter note bhai hamari sasural bhi hai Rohtak zile me..
    it has to be tallest...hahahahah

RK^2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

vk23 (August 8th, 2014)

Dev ji, kati sahi khod ke laae is vichar ne te aap. This is the reality that a person from Rohtak is recognised immediately. I feel the reason for this is THE TYPICAL DUMDAR KHADI HARYANVI ACCENT of them.

ek baar prem nagar ke hum kae balak jhutthe SC/ST ke railway ke form bharke Huble station le liya tha er Goa chalege ghuman. to train mein humne batlate dekh ke ek maratha tha wo nu bolya, "bhai kaya ROHTAK ke ho ? " .

Thoda aage chale te UP lacknow ke the kae balak we sidhe nu bole ROHTAK se ho kaya. unke saath koe rohtak ka huya karta to language se hi pehchan liya.

One bitter incident also, "Bhai meri pachli company mein ek senior banda tha wo door door rahya karta, te mene ek be poochya ek ke baat hai. Thode din mein baat cheet suru hui to usne bataya ek yaar mujhe kisi ne bataya tha ki agar delhi haryana mein jao to ROHTAK - SONEPAT KE JATON SE PANGA MAT LENA. isliye mein thoda gap hi rakhta tha.

1) KHADI THETH HARYANVI BOLI
    2) TO BHAI ONE MORE REASON IS OUR --- AKHADD (YOU CAN SAY STRAIGHT FORWARD BEHAVIOUR THAT SOMETIMES TAKEN TO BE RUDE BY OTHERS) BEHAVIOUR.
    3) IN POLITICS YOU CAN SEE EVERY UTHA PATAK EVEN EARLIER TO HOODA JI WHEN CMs were there from hissar-sirsa-bhiwani all the starts were from rohtak. CHAUTALA JI BHI DEVI LAL JAINTI ROHTAK MEIN HI MANATE THE JAB SHITI NAJUK HOTI THI.
    WO MUJHE POORA TO INCIDENT YAAD NAHI --- AAPNE AASAN KE HOODA HI THE JINSE KISI GOVERNER KA MUH KALA KARVAYA THA CHAUTALA-DEVI LAL KE TIME PE.
    4) MEDICAL AND MDU HAS ALSO GIVEN ROHTAK SOME LIGHT.
    5) CHAUDHARY CHOTU RAM JI WAS ALSO ONE OF THE REMEMBERENCE FROM OUR AREA.
    6) As Jyoti mentioned this is also one of our good thing that we remain in touch with our roots and proudly say that we are from ROHTAK.

Aur te aur ye punjabi balak rohtak sonepat ke lave dhore ke jib kite bahar padhan jave to HARYANVI bole hein er wa bhi DUMDAR ROTHAK AALI, just to create impression and avoid the ragging and all.

We can see here also in our jatland all the people from this region are very much stick to our haryanvi even it is hard to write in haryanvi but still GYAN SA KONI ATA BHAI IS BINA. Pher koe baat dekh lyo ....jagmohan ji dev ji ya aapne rathee,deshwal er harvinder ...etc bhai ke chutkulle KITE NE KITE TE .,....

ROHTAK KA SUNPAT AADDDA............PREM NAGAR ..... LIKHE BINA KE RAHE HEIN.

7) Also our bravery being a JAT TOO. THIS THING I CAN SHARE WITH YOU ALL WITH PROUD.

HERE IN MY COMPANY WHEN I HAVE JOINED I GOT RECOGNISED ITSELF AS

A) HOODA JI BEING THE CM.
    B) OUR QA HEAD HERE TOLD IN A CONFERENCE OPENLY ABOUT A GUY RAVINDER HOODA. WHO USED TO BE THERE IN BE WITH HIM AT DHARWAD KARNATAKA. HE TOLD THAT RAVINDER WAS SUCH A GUY WHO NEVER GOT AFFRAID IF ANYONE.

ONCE HE SLAPPED ONE OF HIS LECTURER WHO WAS EXPLOITING THE STUDENTS AND WAS REALLY BAD AND KHUNKHAR TYPE IN COLLEGE.

SECONDLY, ONCE HE WAS ALONE FIGHTING WITH A ROD AND IN OPPOSITE THERE WERE A GANG OF KUGIES (WHO ARE CONSIDERED TO BE THE MARSHAL COOM HERE) BECAUSE THEY WERE ASKING FOR RAGGING AND HE OPPOSED SINGLE HEADEDLY.

THIRDLY DURING A TRIP HE WAS IN FIGHT BECAUSE SOME GUYS EVE-TEASED THE GALS OF THE COLLEGE.
    8) BIG. HOSHIAR SINGH, PVC DAHIYA, MEHAR SINGH AND MANY OTHERS DID WELL IN DEFENCE TOO.
    9) Kae be utle kaman mein bhi aage rahe hein aapne aaale jaise PAMMELA BORDES (WHO HAS ONCE EVEN SHAKEN UK GOVT.), MALLIKA, IB EK PUNJABI KA THAYA BATANVE HEIN PHONE TAPE MAMLE MEIN, RAJIV KE PACHE SECURITY MAMLE MEIN BHI ROHTAK KA E THA KOE, SHOOT OUTS IN COURTS ...ETC.

THIS IS WHAT I FEEL AND MORE LIGHTS CAN BE BROUGHT UP BY DEV JI, JAGMOHAN AND OTHER SENIOR MEMBERS WHO CAN PUT IT WITH THEIR EXPERIENCE AND OLD MEMORIES TOO AS WHAT OUR GEN CAN DO IS FROM TODAYS PERSPECTIVE ONLY BUT ROHTAK IS RECOGNISED EVEN BEFORE THAT WELL.

GOOD TOPIC STARTED DEV JI...

Login to view details.
    i donot want to discribe it:D

worst city of haryana rohtak tops
    when i came to canada my friends asked
    three things if u r jat fine but tell us r u from these cities.
    ROHTAK
    SONIPAT
    REWARI

MY GRANDFATHER IS THERE BUT FOR ME PPL FROM THESE CITYS ARE TOO COLD BLOODED. SORRY IF I AM TOO HARD FOR SOME PPL.

when i lived in hissar it is more peacefull.:D

Thumbs up Rohtak ?

Hi People,

Rohtak is the center of gravity for Jats....well said Rajinderji. If Chandigarh was'nt the capital....then the capital of Haryana would surely be Rohtak.
    And right now, the Ch Bhupinder Singh hails from Rohtak. (Hope to see the new 4 lane Delhi/Rohtak highway with fences soon?)

Junnu

This is because historically if u see whether the Sir chotu ram who started the mission for upliftment of farmers whose influnce was in whole old punjab and rajasthan or DLF who started the modern colonies in Delhi in 1947 or IAS/IPS in before independence / soldiers in english army were all from old Rohtak distt and that's why rohtak is known to everybody.
    Kunjeyan 2249

HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO HANGED FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

Rohtak is Mecca of Jats!
    Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lucky
    i donot want to discribe it:D

worst city of haryana rohtak tops
    when i came to canada my friends asked
    three things if u r jat fine but tell us r u from these cities.
    ROHTAK
    SONIPAT
    REWARI

MY GRANDFATHER IS THERE BUT FOR ME PPL FROM THESE CITYS ARE TOO COLD BLOODED. SORRY IF I AM TOO HARD FOR SOME PPL.

when i lived in hissar it is more peacefull.:D
    hahaha....i can smell something fishy......well dont be jealous i can understand your situation.
    and besides that........CANADA......uss country mein ab log certificate denge ki rohtak kaisa hai......:eek: un belivable.

U mite be rite in some way that hisar is peaceful.....but there is nuffin in HISAR to be have fun either.......during my short stay there it was sooo difficult for me to talk to people there about any topic as they really lack 5 years from rohtak... that place really sucks.....
    when ever i wanted to start any conversation they always tend to escape as every thing went over there head....:p and then it was so embarrassing for me. I dont say that Rohtak is so ultra modish, It also lacks 2-3 years from delhi......
    and besides that I dont think that you wont deny the fact that majority of what you say
    "cold blooded" people here on jatland are from rohtak.....

hor to manne bera na lekin puraane dinon mein jib kisse ka BHAYA na hoya karta to uss maanas ka rishta HISAR....(BAAGAD) mein zarur ho jaya karta........very silly thot but my DADIJI is also basically from HISAR (Dabra).......hehehe

and i m sure that someone mite start up a new thread about HISAR tomorrow...:D:D:D
    Last edited by keshavdahiya; February 20th, 2006 at 06:50 PM.
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Bhai Keshav, Hooda and others,

Thari baat kati theek sey. When Sonepat district was separated from Rohtak, the villagers were cursing the government as their 'Rohtak' status was being snatched away from them. My village is now under Jhajjar district. When this new district was created, the villagers were in a sad mood - they felt that their status of 'Rohtakwala' was being taken away. Now also, if somebody asks about my district, I always tell them 'Rohtak'.

Rohtak district was covering about 50% of today's Haryana's area in British times. After partitioning from Punjab in 1966, there used to be only 7 districts in the state : Rohtak, Hissar, Gurgaon, Jind, Karnal, Ambala and Mohindergarh. Now, there are 19. The size of Rohtak district has shrunk so much that its borders do not now touch Delhi border - Bhiwani, Sonepat and Jhajjar areas have been snatched from it, and the huge erstwhile district of Rohtak has been balkanised by successive political parties. Government statistics about the area of districts are given below:

Ambala : 1574 Sq. KM
    Bhiwani : 4778
    Faridabad : 2151
    Fatehabad : 2520
    Gurgaon : 2766
    Hissar : 3983
    Jhajjar : 1834
    Jind: 2702
    Kaithal : 2317
    Karnal : 2538
    Kurukshetra : 1530
    Mahendergarh : 1859
    Panchkula : 898
    Panipat 1268
    Rewari : 1582
    ROHTAK : 1745
    Sirsa : 4277
    Sonipat 2122
    Yamuna Nagar 1768

TOTAL AREA OF HARYANA STATE : 44,212 Sq. KM

So, area-wise, only 5 districts are smaller than Rohtak. Each of the three districts - Bhiwani, Hissar and Sirsa - is more than double the size of today's Rohtak district.

But the pride of Rohtak continues and will continue. It is history. Believe it or not, there is some pride or attraction in the word "Rohtak" itself.

Last edited by dndeswal; February 20th, 2006 at 05:11 PM.

Login to view details.

Ritu Joins

Hi
    This is Ritu. Me originally frm Rohtak. Me REALLY IMPRESSED WID YOUR REPLY.
    VERY WELL SAID.

Login to view details.
    well merai institute mai 90% are from mumbai the movemnet u say haryana and delhi they say ok and that OK i not good one. and i do expect it becoz as compare to mumbai delhi is hard and harsh :rolleyes: . the u say jat thats one more blow to them. well till last month they didnot except i am jat becoz of my language. but ya one day they heared me abusing too much and they excepted . i was realy angry :rolleyes:

well say it i my self from rohtak. my dad family is one of the reputated rohtak familys. dada ji is kown criminal lawyer. but that does not scare me to say if u compare with sirsa side rohtak is cold blood and after experinging an accident in rohtak with me my mom and my sister and how do males react. so i donot even care. wht is true is true. from language to living to way the presentation goes. ppl may me good but the presentation is so bad it hurts.

and ya majority is cold well about living i find hissar better. and rohtak is near to delhi so every one knows it........:rolleyes:

sorry i have no good experince in rohtak so i can be hard:rolleyes: . again sorry if i hurt some ones feelings:D

Arre Miss...main toh bolta hun ki aapki "presentation is so bad that
    it hurts !". Please Miss. Kucch kijeeye. Aap Hindi mein hi likh leejiyee.
    ITNEEEEEEEEE reputed family se ho, ITNEYYYYYYYYYY [*Raj Rathee stretches both
    his hands real wide*] bade criminal lawyer ki poti ho, Canada
    mein padh rahi ho...kucch toh presentation sudhar lo na. Please Shagun
    Ji. Aisa kar do.

Itna frustration ho jaata hai aap ki posts padh kar. Aaap to hame maar hi
    daalo gay. Please kucch karo Shagun Ji.

well merai institute mai 90% are from mumbai the movemnet u say haryana and delhi they say ok and that OK i not good one. and i do expect it becoz as compare to mumbai delhi is hard and harsh :rolleyes: . the u say jat thats one more blow to them. well till last month they didnot except i am jat becoz of my language. but ya one day they heared me abusing too much and they excepted . i was realy angry :rolleyes:

well say it i my self from rohtak. my dad family is one of the reputated rohtak familys. dada ji is kown criminal lawyer. but that does not scare me to say if u compare with sirsa side rohtak is cold blood and after experinging an accident in rohtak with me my mom and my sister and how do males react. so i donot even care. wht is true is true. from language to living to way the presentation goes. ppl may me good but the presentation is so bad it hurts.

and ya majority is cold well about living i find hissar better. and rohtak is near to delhi so every one knows it........:rolleyes:

sorry i have no good experince in rohtak so i can be hard:rolleyes: . again sorry if i hurt some ones feelings:D
    Last edited by raj_rathee; February 21st, 2006 at 04:00 AM.

Cool all the characters in this story are real and happening.......

well merai institute mai 90% are from mumbai..........
    sorry i have no good experince in rohtak so i can be hard:rolleyes: . again sorry if i hurt some ones feelings
    hahaha well quoted Mr Rathee
    Now Ms. Shagun I really didnt want to reply to what you said but after what Rathee bhai saab has to say........you shud improve on your side.....:D

Now I really want to share this with all of u and i m really proud of it.....

We are 7 Indians in my class here and outta that there are 5 maharashtrans, one nawab saab from Lucknow :D and ME the only JAT.....
    Now when u mentioned about what people from Mumbai have to coment about Rohtak or may be Haryana at your side it really hurts....becoz on my side its totally different despite the fact that they are in majority still I am alone enough for them.
    At times they are so disgusting that whenever anyone here other than INDIAN has to comment on them he/she says that YOU(ME) dont seems to be like an Indian as they consider them as typical INDIANS and then I usually have to tell them that actually these are south INDIAN $*#@-heads and we consider them as our servants and some of them are infact asylum seekers from bangladesh or from somewhere.......
    And then I scold them many times that they shud behave properly and not bring bad name to the whole nation........to be on lighter side I call them all "DESI" and infact have named them as SBD no. 1,2,3 etc.........here SBD stands for SABSE BADDE DESI.......
    and slowly people here have started believing that these dumbheads are not reliable at all......:eek:
    AND you mite not believe that I have actually started abusing some of them so that at least thay feel humiliated and start acting descently here in foriegn land......Mein to inke muh peh bol diya karun ki tameez se baat karya karo na to aapne thobrra band raakya karo......
    kai be to yeh rasta badal lein sein jib mein aage te aata dikya karun.....

Aap sabko TV per ek serial aata tha yaad hoga......some thing called "The great Maratha".....my dad used to make fun of them that when the MARATHAS were defeated so badly by mugals they actually ran for there lives......
    "arr mere pitaji nyu kehya karen ki tere mama har ne sanghi ke khettan mein luth maar-maar ke iin marathan ka bakal taar diya tha......hahahahahahahaha:D:p"

mein to mere aale GREAT MARATHA ne ya baat bata diya karun aar pher yeh lhukte haandya karen.......hahahahahahahaha.....

SHAGUN Inka muh band karna ho to nyu bata diya kar ki thaari to entry hi galat se........"EK RASHTRA MEIN MAHARASHTRA KAISE HO SAKTA HAI"
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us