Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nathu Ram Godse's Speech At The Trial

Quote Originally Posted by chhoraharyanada
    RAM RAM

Actually Rajendra Ji, this is not true. Bose defeated Gandhi fair and square in the All Indian Congress elections in the late 30's. Gandhi refused to accept this, and made it a case of "my way or no way at all". The likes of Nehru, Patel etc sensed a split in the congress and had to back Gandhi. The whole democratic process was undermined.

And forget about the rest - ie, "people of India" ... we are Jats. Ahimsa is not a path for us. It may be OKay for Gujju bhais and Keralites, but not us!

Regards, and RAM RAM.
    I am not doubting the credentials of Bose or any other great Indian leaders. They were all great and their patriotism is unquestioned. Some times strong convictions harden the attitude of a person and might be Gandhi also had the same about his method of gaining freedom. Force alone is not sufficient to achieve the end results. There are many ingridients to make success. In my view Gandhi Ji used the Indian respurces in most optimum manner to gain us freedom.

Now coming to Jats and Ahimsa. Personally I am not against the use of force in certain situations and in some degree. However, I won't buy the logic of killing some one and justifying it by giving quoting Geeta slokas..By that logic every murderer is right. There was no warrier greater than Ashoka the great in written Indian history. We all know what happened to his philosophy in the great battle of Kalinga..

Might be my knowledge is deficient. I would like the learned members to quote some famous names who got freedom to their countries purely by gun power? I have seen many Yasar Arafats failing badly in their life time missions of having homeland via violant methods..

Once Akbar asked Birbal as to what is the most effective weapon? Birbal answered that the one which is most handy and available when needed..This sums up the whole thing..Gandhi ji used non violence as the most effective weapon to gain freedom for India.

Rajendra

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar
    I am not doubting the credentials of Bose or any other great Indian leaders. They were all great and their patriotism is unquestioned. Some times strong convictions harden the attitude of a person and might be Gandhi also had the same about his method of gaining freedom. Force alone is not sufficient to achieve the end results. There are many ingridients to make success. In my view Gandhi Ji used the Indian respurces in most optimum manner to gain us freedom.

Now coming to Jats and Ahimsa. Personally I am not against the use of force in certain situations and in some degree. However, I won't buy the logic of killing some one and justifying it by giving quoting Geeta slokas..By that logic every murderer is right. There was no warrier greater than Ashoka the great in written Indian history. We all know what happened to his philosophy in the great battle of Kalinga..

Might be my knowledge is deficient. I would like the learned members to quote some famous names who got freedom to their countries purely by gun power? I have seen many Yasar Arafats failing badly in their life time missions of having homeland via violant methods..

Once Akbar asked Birbal as to what is the most effective weapon? Birbal answered that the one which is most handy and available when needed..This sums up the whole thing..Gandhi ji used non violence as the most effective weapon to gain freedom for India.

Rajendra
    100% agree with you rajendrji. Actually first I did not want to participate in this thread, because I feel said when I saw some one to criticize the gandiji on what he did for nation to got rid from British ruler. But 20 replies attracted my attention toward this link to read it.
    I am unable to understand that why people compare Gandiji to other patriot leader. Gandiji is only one person in Indian history who went away against the British Empire and could bring the people into one flag. It was only the Gandiji’s efforts by which we could get freedom.
    Any one who is criticizing the Gandiji, in reality who don’t know about the diverse conditions of that time.
    We Indians always be ready to criticize a person who did or doing something good for nation without thinking about ourselves that what we did or doing or will do.
    Na to Hum kisi ko Kuch Karne Dete Hai Na hi Khud Karte Hai. I am sorry about it but it is truth.
    Col Virendrji Unclji truthly said that every human being has some weakness and Gandjiji was also not the exception. He was not the God.
    So It is unfortunate that Gandiji is losing his place and faith in his own nation even he did a great work for this country.
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Mohan das was good , Godse was better

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat
    Your Answer is Best
    'Time Spent Laughing is the Time Spent With God'
    Amar

Sounds interesting Gagan at least if one goes by names;

Mohan das= Mohan (Bhagwan) ka Das
    Godse= God jaisa..

God to upne sevak se better hoga hi aur God ko upne sevak ki jaan lena ka bhi poora haq hai..... ...So I conclude that Godse Bhagwan ka avtaar thaa aur hum sabko uskee pooja karnee chahiye.......Godse ke mandir banne chahiyen...aur Gandhi ji ki jagah Godse ke charnon me honee chahiye...I am sure all Godse bhakt will be so happy...

Rajendra
    Last edited by rkumar; February 8th, 2005 at 06:59 PM.

Gandhi & ....?

Hi,

I am a daily visitor of our Jatland, I never forget to read and observe all the articles and activities happening on this website every day. And this is my first reply to any of the articles. Since I am following this discussion for last few days, some of the points and views have given me an impetus to get engrossed in it.

Let me first take reference of few of the views presented in this discussion of which I would like to take note of.

Col. Tavathia gave it quite a laissez-faire thought that Yes, Nathuram would have had some point ot justify what he did. So he concluded that both were right to some extent, fine a very generous.

Mr Rajendra then went thru the whole speech and concluded that
    "If one read Hitler, he was more than convincing on the killing of jews" and "Gandhi was the greatest leader ever born in last 1000 years in India and he would remain so till we have some one of his level..Godse was nothing but an extremist like one of those who are on killing spree every where.. " I feel there is a negation in these two statements. Can it be a possibility that when we say Gandhi was greatest just because we have read good a lot about him all through our life. Gandhi may also have sounded bad if we would have been taught all about Godse, rite from our child hood.

Abhishake said its strange to read an army person saying gandhi may also have made mistakes and Godse was also right at some point. If you are reading something just for entertainment then Abhishake it should definitely sound strange to you.

I never read about what Godse said, but after reading this I think Gandhi was given so much of popularity and all his good deeds were highlighted much just because congress party intended to make him the "Poster Man" of independence. Gandhi said to people who were violent: Try to be nonviolent. Then their nonviolence comes out of violence, so their nonviolence is just a facade, just a face to show. Deep down, they are boiling with violence.

I am not trying to judge anything, and I am not saying that these thoughts were not right. But I would say if you are really trying to find the truth then the first thing you should do is remove all the previous perceptions what ever you had about the person in context. Before reading Godse's speech, if I say in my sub conscious that "Gandhi was the greatest leader and was always self less and lets see what this scoundrel had to say", then I would say I am reading just for entertainment. And I will always conclude that Gandhi was not at all on fault. In that case I w'd say there is no need to read anything against or in favor of Gandhi, because you already know the summery, you w'd have decide that even before reading it.

Prayas

Godsays last words : Godse's final speech moved all, says secret document

(Satyen Mohapatra , The Hindustan Times , 15th Feb 1999)

http://www.geocities.com/indianfasci...last_words.htm
    GJ
    "Jindagi Jindadili Ka Naam Hain"

Hi Prayas,

Please note that my comments were in reply to

Originally Posted by raj2rif
    While I have no doubt that Mr. Gandhi did a great job of uniting the national politicians on one plateform and provided the much needed leadership and a new weapon of Ahinsa, which probably surprised Britishs, as they never faced such a weapon.

i.e, Ahimsa as an effective weapon.

PS: its Abhishek not Abhi'shake'

Quote Originally Posted by prayas
    Hi,

I am a daily visitor of our Jatland, I never forget to read and observe all the articles and activities happening on this website every day. And this is my first reply to any of the articles. Since I am following this discussion for last few days, some of the points and views have given me an impetus to get engrossed in it.

Let me first take reference of few of the views presented in this discussion of which I would like to take note of.

Col. Tavathia gave it quite a laissez-faire thought that Yes, Nathuram would have had some point ot justify what he did. So he concluded that both were right to some extent, fine a very generous.

Mr Rajendra then went thru the whole speech and concluded that
    "If one read Hitler, he was more than convincing on the killing of jews" and "Gandhi was the greatest leader ever born in last 1000 years in India and he would remain so till we have some one of his level..Godse was nothing but an extremist like one of those who are on killing spree every where.. " I feel there is a negation in these two statements. Can it be a possibility that when we say Gandhi was greatest just because we have read good a lot about him all through our life. Gandhi may also have sounded bad if we would have been taught all about Godse, rite from our child hood.

Abhishake said its strange to read an army person saying gandhi may also have made mistakes and Godse was also right at some point. If you are reading something just for entertainment then Abhishake it should definitely sound strange to you.

I never read about what Godse said, but after reading this I think Gandhi was given so much of popularity and all his good deeds were highlighted much just because congress party intended to make him the "Poster Man" of independence. Gandhi said to people who were violent: Try to be nonviolent. Then their nonviolence comes out of violence, so their nonviolence is just a facade, just a face to show. Deep down, they are boiling with violence.

I am not trying to judge anything, and I am not saying that these thoughts were not right. But I would say if you are really trying to find the truth then the first thing you should do is remove all the previous perceptions what ever you had about the person in context. Before reading Godse's speech, if I say in my sub conscious that "Gandhi was the greatest leader and was always self less and lets see what this scoundrel had to say", then I would say I am reading just for entertainment. And I will always conclude that Gandhi was not at all on fault. In that case I w'd say there is no need to read anything against or in favor of Gandhi, because you already know the summery, you w'd have decide that even before reading it.

Prayas
    ".....I wondered why somebody didn't do something; then i realized that i was somebody....."
    Abhishek Dhanda

Thumbs down Stop making Sweeping statements!

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh_kumar007
    I am unable to understand that why people compare Gandiji to other patriot leader. Gandiji is only one person in Indian history who went away against the British Empire and could bring the people into one flag. It was only the Gandiji’s efforts by which we could get freedom.
    Any one who is criticizing the Gandiji, in reality who don’t know about the diverse conditions of that time.
    We Indians always be ready to criticize a person who did or doing something good for nation without thinking about ourselves that what we did or doing or will do.
    Na to Hum kisi ko Kuch Karne Dete Hai Na hi Khud Karte Hai. I am sorry about it but it is truth.
    So It is unfortunate that Gandiji is losing his place and faith in his own nation even he did a great work for this country.
    Take it easy Mukesh, yhaan pe fair and clear discussion ho raha hai...agar kisi bhi side ki taraf se apna khud ka opinion hai to kaho baki don't make sweeping statements like "We Indians always be ready to criticize a person who did or doing something good for nation without thinking about ourselves that what we did or doing or will do"... if anything speak for yourself when you say 'we Indians always this or that..." :rolleyes:
    As for your last sentence about Gandhi losing his place and faith; News Flash!!!-Gandhi already is completely controversial as to how he handled the post freedom India! No one refutes his immense contribution AS ALSO SUPPORTED BY THE OTHER HUGE FREEDOM FIGHTERS OF THAT TIME BE IT IN THEIR OWN WAY. ('I am unable to understand that why people compare Gandiji to other patriot leader')... Aare bhale manas, It was not a sole fight that Gandhi was waging against the British, so do not be-little the efforts of the other greats without whose own contributions and constant pounding and chipping away at the colonial apple cart, I doubt the 'Mahatma' would have got anywhere in his efforts to topple it!

And listen, time ho to saare post phir se padhna, yhaan sirf baat ho rahee hai us race ke ghode ki jo finish line be paunchte-paunchte lidd kar gaya! When the nation was most looking for leadership and a vision for the future, when it was reeling on it's unsteady legs like a new born baby; united for the first time as a nation and under one flag......Gandhi's magic had all but forsaken him and he was nothing but just a pawn in the political mire that was a British-muslim-Hindu triology!...

If you have any lights to shed on the topic about what you think (quote-unquote"Any one who is criticizing the Gandiji, in reality who don’t know about the diverse conditions of that time!!!") then please tell us as I am sure we all would like to hear your version of what were the diverse conditions of that time!

On an ending note, like I have mentioned before; if somebody is in the Public eye and resposible for making the most critical decisions, then he better not make any costly mistakes...it's not only that person's future reputation at stake but also at stake is the future of maybe millions and generations to come who are going to feel the affect.
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

It Is Heading Towards........1857.......gadar

My dear worthy members,

On the very outset i would like to request you to be topic specific if we want others to benefit with the thought process and ideas of participants.This forum should not be used to settle scores and to prove one's might.Let us be tolerent ant topic specific and indvidual statements should not be taken as GOSPEL TRUTH, as there is always a scope of mistakes in all of us. I wanted to participate in this discussion from day one but purposly desisted the temptation,because i anticipated the net result which is infront of you all.

GANDHI JI AND GODDSE BEHAVED IN THEIR OWN MANNER, AS PER THE PREVAILING CONDITIONS OF THAT TIME AND AS PER THE CHARACTER THEY POSSESED. SO WE CAN DO HARDLY ANYTHING ABOUT IT. IT IS BETTER FOR ALL OF US TO ACCEPT THE STRONG POINTS OF BOTH GENTLEMEN AND LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES THEY MIGHT HAVE COMMITTED. IT IS ABSOLUTLY RIDICULOUS TO COMPARE THESE TO DIVERSE BUT GREAT PERSONALITIES [WITHIN THEIR RIGHTS].

" DONT ASK ME WHAT MY FATHER WAS AS I HAD NO CONTROL ON HIM.?.........PLEASE TALK TO ME AS TO WHAT I STAND FOR."
    Last edited by devdahiya; February 8th, 2005 at 10:11 PM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra

On an ending note, like I have mentioned before; if somebody is in the Public eye and resposible for making the most critical decisions, then he better not make any costly mistakes...it's not only that person's future reputation at stake but also at stake is the future of maybe millions and generations to come who are going to feel the affect.
    In my view Gandhi Ji's whole focus was on how to get the British out. He got so absorbed in the whole thing that he hardly spent any time trying to figure out how things can go wrong at microscopic level. Though he is called father of nation, but he somehow failed to be good father to take good care of his own children..But I suppose this is the price one has to pay in such cases. Gandhi ji took too simplistic view of human relations and could not foresee the poisonous role Jinnah would play in the years to come. Remember, he was less of a politician and more of a mass leader. Gandhi could not deal with the BAL HUTTH of Jinnah and Nehru type leaders..

Again this is my own thinking and and need not necessarily be the final say on the matter. Probably communal forces were too strong and complicated even for Gandhi to understand...and remain so even for the best brains of today.... There is an old saying that sword can not take the role of a needle.. Might be Gandhi was cut for dealing with mighty British and no so much with communal forces..

Rajendra

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I agree 100%.

Bose & Savarkar over Gandhi/Nehru any day of the week!

Regards, and RAM RAM.

No doubt Mahatma Gandhi is a hero. He sacrificed a lot. it was the leadership of gandhiji that bought all indians (from different parts of the country, from different castes, from different economic) together.He was not hypocratic, but beleived too much in non-violence and tolerance. It is a very common practice in any family that the parents support the weakest child. Gandhi thought he is exactly did that. In a family it can be done, but not in a society. He did it because he sincerely beleived in what he was doing. That was not correct. He did it not to gain publicity or to please masses. He beleived he was doing morally correct thing. Nobody should deny his sacrifice, his sincearity and his love towards mankind. He is a Mahatma who made some error in his judgement which costed dearly for India.

If any way sardar Patel had become the PM we would have some less problem to deal with. We all know from our history that gandhi had done a grave injustice with vallabhbhai, even though he was the most deserving PM then and was the favorite of the entire cabinet but bacause gandhi liked nehru better, he ended up being the PM...and look the entire dynasty is out ot ruin the country.

"What exactly made mr.Gandhi to go for the appeasment of Muslims?"More than half of his life he faught for the independence of India,is a fact.He united people,he made a common cause known to us and that is Independence.So why ultimately he went for the apeasement policy.If he wanted to appease Muslims,he was in a position at that time,to make Zinna PM of undivided India.After all he was above the congress party.Gandhi was a farsighted man and I don't believe that he would have been unawrae of mishappenings and riots that were to break.So why Gandhi did it.A popular saying that he went for the devision because of his love and promise to Nehru and jinnah.But it is hard to beleive,the love at the cost of 300 to 400 thousand lifes.
    GJ

I am told, Bin Laden also got a copy of Geeta which he mastered word by word and always keeps with him..He makes it a point to hand over a copy to every recruit for his Holy Jihad. He has made it mandatory for every Al Qaida member to read it five times a day.
    By the way, why did it take so long for Godse to follow the teachings of Geeta ? If he was such a strong believer in the teachings of Geeta and killing as an answer, one would expect him to kill many of English officers and people like Jinnah also who were the main cause of all these problems ? Godse should have organised killing squads to eliminate all those who were the enemies of nation...

Rajendra
    Dear Rajendra Ji,

1 Godse had nothing against Gandhi ji till 13th January 1948. When he thought that probably Gandhi Ji was the problem and decided to kill him, he made first attempt on 22 January 1948, i.e. in less than 10 days of making his decision. Madan Lal Pahwa was caught on 22 January failed attempt. During his interrogation he told the Delhi Police, that "they will come again and one of them is an editor of a newspaper published from Pune". This information was passed to Bombay Police, and with the life of a leader of Gandhiji's popularity being in danger, no action was taken by Bombay police or government. Interestingly, Mr. Morarji Desai was the Mayor of Bombay at that time.

Now the question of not killing Jinnah. Actually, Nathuram and his team first wanted to kill Jinnah and his counsil of ministers. They had no expertise of weapons though. They acquired a mortor to kill them in Parliament house (Pakistan Government initially was sitting in same parliament as Indian Government in Delhi). They did not even know that a mortor is a high trajectory weapon and thus can't be used in an enclosed space.

By the time they could make other planse to kill Jinnah, the Pakistan government had moved to Karachi. So they just did not have the reach.

After that they also tried to kill Nizam of Hyderabad for not joining the Indian Union.

(source: The book, The Man who killed Gandhi by Lt Col Manohar Malgaonkar)

I don't think the information about Bin Laden following Gita and making his followers read it five times is correct. I have atleast not heard of it.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Sounds interesting Gagan at least if one goes by names;

Mohan das= Mohan (Bhagwan) ka Das
    Godse= God jaisa..

God to upne sevak se better hoga hi aur God ko upne sevak ki jaan lena ka bhi poora haq hai..... ...So I conclude that Godse Bhagwan ka avtaar thaa aur hum sabko uskee pooja karnee chahiye.......Godse ke mandir banne chahiyen...aur Gandhi ji ki jagah Godse ke charnon me honee chahiye...I am sure all Godse bhakt will be so happy...

Rajendra
    Names are just the names sir!
    Doesnt bring the fame sir!
    Its all political game sir!
    Gandhi has to be blamed sir!
    or its a big shame sir!
    You got to know the same sir!

"Yadi DeshBaqti paap hain to main manta hoon ki maine paap kiya hain.Yadi prashanshniya hain to main apne aapako us prashansha ka adhikari samajhata hoon.Mujhe viswas hain ki manushayo dwara sthapit nyayalaya ke uper koi nyayalay ho to usame mere kaam ko aparadh nahi samajha jayega.Maine desh aur jati ki bhalai ke liye yah kaam kiya hain.Maine us vyakati per goli chalai hain jisaki neetiyo se hindu per ghor sankat aaye hindu nast huye"

Last word of Nathuraam godse ...........

Ye lines nathuram godase ke bhai Gopal Godase ki book "Gandhi vadh kyun" ki hain jo gopal godase ne nathuraam ke jail se likhe gaye letters aur usaki trial statement ke aadhar per likhi thi.

My own impression of Nathuram Godse is that he was a very principled, patriotic and nationalistic Hindu who was deeply affected by the Partition and held Gandhi responsible for all the suffering the hindus went through.it is a huge misfortune that people do not know about his true motivations and what he did for India.

Godse's belief was sumed up in just few line in his book, "He may be a saint but he is not a politician. His theory of non-violence denies self-defence and self-interest. The non-violence that defines the fight for survival as violence is a theory not of non-violence but of self-destruction."

I cannot digest the fact that the play(Me nathuraam godse boltouya) is banned in India. When are we as a country going to learn and value the freedom of speech? The successive govts. in India have been pathetic in this matter. I think the people have enough brains to watch such plays and develop their own views.
    Indian governament always shown only Gandhi and Nehru as freedom fighters,they never bothered to honour many other freedom fighters.Always pointed them as non secular leaders. press should have right to express the views to public,let people decide,who is right who is wrong?

I think it's great that people are out here who really want to know and share the truth behind the partition of India, the assassination of Gandhi and most importantly about Nathuram Godse, his brother and friends' justification for the assassination.
    GJ

Names are just the names sir!
    Doesnt bring the fame sir!
    Its all political game sir!
    Gandhi has to be blamed sir!
    or its a big shame sir!
    You got to know the same sir!
    wah..poetry to bahut achee kar lete ho gagan bhai....

You really have brain sir.
    Write poetry again sir
    Publish them in Britain Sir
    High level you will attain Sir...

RK^2

We Indians have this abominable habit of people worshipping. Everyone becomes Mahatma, if he can pause that he is doing something for them. India has become a land of Bhagwans and Mahatmas. What is their message to Indians? If someone slaps your right cheek turn your left cheek too. I think we followed the same principle when the Bangla Rifes butchered our BSF man. We are doing the same thing in Kashmir. This a good alibi to hide the cowardice. By following these so called mahatmas we have reduced the country to mockery and become impotents. We always says bahaduri se ladte huye jaan de di, have we ever heard "bahaduri se lade aur jaan le li". If we had fought bravely and sincerely, without following the edicts of our Mahatmas, we would not have been enslaved for so long. It is more painful when some jats also follow the path of these so called mahatmas and bhagwans. The question is how they become mahatmas. Our elders used to say : "4 latth ka chaudhary, 5 ala panch, jiske ho 6-7 latth, ke anch kare ke panch". As a sequence to it, I am of the view that "jiske pichhe bewkoof athma, wohe mahatma".
    Last edited by ramksehrawat; February 10th, 2005 at 04:02 PM.
    JAT - Justice And Truth

Quote Originally Posted by ramksehrawat
    We Indians have this abominable habit of people worshipping. Everyone becomes Mahatma, if he can pause that he is doing something for them. India has become a land of Bhagwans and Mahatmas. What is their message to Indians? If someone slaps your right cheek turn your left cheek too. I think we followed the same principle when the Bangla Rifes butchered our BSF man. We are doing the same thing in Kashmir. This a good alibi to hide the cowardice. By following these so called mahatmas we have reduced the country to mockery and become impotents. We always says bahaduri se ladte huye jaan de di, have we ever heard "bahaduri se lade aur jaan le li". If we had fought bravely and sincerely, without following the edicts of our Mahatmas, we would not have been enslaved for so long. It is more painful when some jats also follow the path of these so called mahatmas and bhagwans. The question is how they become mahatmas. Our elders used to say : "4 latth ka chaudhary, 5 ala panch, jiske ho 6-7 latth, ke anch kare ke panch". As a sequence to it, I am of the view that "jiske pichhe bewkoof athma, wohe mahatma".
    Sehrawat Ji,

Its a misconception that wars are fought only with laths and guns. It needs lots of analysis as to what method would be the most appropriate under given conditions. In my view there are major drawbacks in any armed stuggle because;

1. Rarely it becomes public movement as very few people take part in it.
    2. The leader of Armed struggle often becomes dictator like Prabhakaran...
    3. The very nature of armed struggle needs secracy of operation for its success. This installs the mentality of not trusting anyone in the minds of its leaders..One ends up in leaders like Stalin..
    4. Even if one gains freedom through armed struggle, one has to deal; with dictators and chances of democracy in such countries are remote.

Choice of weapon is a very important issue. Lord Krishna did not use weapons in Mahbharat and that does not mean his contribution in making Pandwas win, was any less than Arjun.

Walking into eneny's house unarmed, needs more courage...Maintaining one's views under pressure and threat needs more courage..

Rajendra

Dear Rajendra ji,

While agreeing with you that wars are not always fought with weapons, wish to point out that war is introductory to a new historical chapter. War does not merely mean "is ka latth uske sir and vice versa". It is a very wide term which cannot be explained in a few words or even pages. Rather it means aggression, even in talks. Agression must be shown when called for. Even for day-to-day survival one has to be aggressive. A non-agressor or ahimsak will remain jobless in present times ! Krishna, though may not have resorted to weaponary himself but he did not preach ahimsa either, rather in Geeta he encouraged himsa where necessary, even if it is against one's own kins. Generals themselves do not fight in the battlefield. Rather they win the wars with their brains ? Krishna too was a general leading truth against untruth and deceipt. There is a misconception that Indian independence was a result of ahimsa !! No it was not because of ahimsa. Here again the introductory part is WW II. Had it been the result of ahimsa, we would have got it much earlier. Ahimsa and peace has already cost us too much, including 1/3rd of Kashmir and its aftermath ? Let us not resort it as a substitute of himsa wherever called for.
    Last edited by ramksehrawat; February 10th, 2005 at 07:06 PM.
    JAT - Justice And Truth