Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Porus

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    What about his army of Malhi Jats?

(Malli of Multan)

Didnt they give Sikander a real, tough fight??

Correct me if I have got something wrong ...

Hi Raman,

We don’t even know if the Malloi of Multan were the same as present day Malhi Jats. I would be more inclined to believe that Alexander had Jat fighting FOR him than AGAINST him!

Regards,

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi Sunny,

Why would you say fighting for him rather than against?
    Didnt he have thousands upon thousands of Greek warriors with him (as the stories etc) go?

Unrelated: Isnt there a movie about to be released about Alexander The Great?

Ramandeep (Oct 05, 2004 04:00 p.m.):
    Hi Sunny,

Why would you say fighting for him rather than against?
    Good question

Hi Raman,

We know Alexander always desired to have fresh troops from regions he conquered and often relieve his former officers to become Satraps or governor of his newly conquered territory. So before Sikandar entered the Panjab, he waged war against the Central Asians, in fact, he married a Sogdianian gal name Roxanne – the most beautiful gal he had ever seen! There too he picked up many fresh troops and took them with him on his Indian campaign - the ancient writer Arrian documents, “Alexander himself selected the special squadron the companions,…and the cavalry from Bactria and Sogdiana, the Scythian horsemen [Massagetae], with the Dahae, mounted archers…”.

Best Wishes,

“Ravi> That is impossible. The Jats are not a Matriarchal society”
    I have seen this first hand!-Sunny Singh
    ^
    ^
    I beleive this is in reference to the man taking the father in laws surname.

woahhhhh slow down there, Sunny I have personally lived in Ludhiana for 4 years and have been going for atleast 3-4 months every year since I was 4 years old.....I have never ever ever ever EVERRRRRR even heard of something like this, its simply not possible, I have asked many many Jatts about this even seeyanas from Punjab and around here in Canada, they could not beleive it what so ever...

Hi Sunny Sran,

Have you heard of the term Ghar Jawai? Regards,