Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plant Tissue Culture Training/setup

Lightbulb Plant Tissue Culture Training/setup

Hi friends is there someone who can bail me out of the situation.... I need to know..
    1. Is there any center in India specially North India where one can learn about the plant tissue culture practically.
    2. If someone have theoretical matter on this topic can he help me in this..
    Actually I am planning to start a small unit of plant tissue culture dealing with expensive ornalmetal and medicinal plants.... So if any one can help me in any way, I will be thankfull......

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    PriyaVrat,

There are several laboratories which have quite excellent facilities and infrastructure in and around Delhi

IARI is good one. Dr. SK Raina use to work there I donot know if he is still there.

Delhi University (Maheswari's Lab, Deepak Pental's Lab( South Campus).

HAU Hisar has a biotechnology center and they also provide Tissue culture taining and Director of the Centre is Dr. Beniwal, you can contact him. He is a very good friend of mine.

Since I am sitting far away but still If you need any help regarding any theoritical aspect of Plant Tissue culture I can help you with that.

If you can find this book, I have written a book chapter in it. It will givey you some idea about anther /pollen culture and haploid production. I do not have a copy of it at this moment. You can find this book in most of the libraries

Gosal, Sindhu, .........
    Haploidy in Rice. In: In Vitro Haploid Production in Higher Plants Vol.4. Eds. Jain, S.M., Sopory S.K., Veilleux, R.E. Kulver Academic Publishers Dordrecht/Boston/London.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help. I can really help you in establishing a PTC laboratory

Sindhu
    Last edited by sindhu; May 28th, 2005 at 06:26 PM.

Good move

You can also visit Tata Energy Research Institute's (TERI) plantation and tssue culture lab in Surajkund, Gurgaon.
    Ved Arya

Smile

Respected Sir,
    Thank you very much for your suggestions. To start with let me introdue me and my problem. I am presently doing Ph.D. in zoology (fish parasites), which is on the way of completion (may be within a month or so)..... I have some agricultural land as well, where we are practicing orchard activity (Grape, peech, Mango, Guvava etc...) The income is restricted to a certain extant.....
    The job market is not so much open to all everytime.. (even if I get a job I want to continue my first love something related to farming.. I feel next boom is in the agricultural sector may be ornamental plants may be food variety or may be medicinal plants...) As the traditional process of raising any plant takes time and output is limited, I m looking forward to explore the possibility of using PTC in the way....
    I am willing to start initially on small scale as the finance may be a limitation in the begining..... On the same time I thing I must know the technique myself rather than to rely on technicians or lab workers...
    So with this introduction may I now request you to refer me to someone (prefereably in Delhi) to do some practical taining which could help me in starting PTC lab. MY plans to do such training in the month near by August to September or whenever possible after completion of my thesis...... I hope Sir, I am able to present myself in a resonable way.. Waiting for further guidance...

Respected
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhu
    PriyaVrat,

There are several laboratories which have quite excellent facilities and infrastructure in and around Delhi

IARI is good one. Dr. SK Raina use to work there I donot know if he is still there.

Delhi University (Maheswari's Lab, Deepak Pental's Lab( South Campus).

HAU Hisar has a biotechnology center and they also provide Tissue culture taining and Director of the Centre is Dr. Beniwal, you can contact him. He is a very good friend of mine.

Since I am sitting far away but still If you need any help regarding any theoritical aspect of Plant Tissue culture I can help you with that.

If you can find this book, I have written a book chapter in it. It will givey you some idea about anther /pollen culture and haploid production. I do not have a copy of it at this moment. You can find this book in most of the libraries

Gosal, Sindhu, .........
    Haploidy in Rice. In: In Vitro Haploid Production in Higher Plants Vol.4. Eds. Jain, S.M., Sopory S.K., Veilleux, R.E. Kulver Academic Publishers Dordrecht/Boston/London.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help. I can really help you in establishing a PTC laboratory

Sindhu

Smile Thanx Sir

Dear Sir,
    Thanx for your guidance.... May I further know about this place, if you have any idea. As gurgaon is not so far to my place... What are the other facilities there which may be used...
    One more thing personal I have visited your webpage but your picture over there is too small that..... At least if you do not have any problem can it be a bit enlarged so as to enhance the picture value...
    Waiting for reply...

Quote Originally Posted by ved_arya
    You can also visit Tata Energy Research Institute's (TERI) plantation and tssue culture lab in Surajkund, Gurgaon.

Login to view details.
    Hi PryaVart,

Well, then you are already trained as you know biology very well since you are doing PhD in Zoology. Only you need to know is a hands on experience. I will suggest you to go to IARI and request some professor there to let you help in his laboratory. YOU will learn things very quickly, it is pretty easy thing. Though it has been way long since I visited IARI, but I know there are so many laboratories there. Just give it a try.

It is a very good idea and biotech industry is going to grow very fast in India.

Micropropagation of plants is just one aspect, you can include with it seed testing lab and contract seed production for the industry. I know there are so many farmers who do it for big industries and they pay a lot of money. And since transgenic varieties are being approved in India like Bt Cotton etc, Molecular biology support laboratories also have a pretty good chance to succeed there. I know people who are doing it and making lots of money.

Sindhu

Dear Priyavrat

U can contact Dr Rajender Singh Sangwan in CIMAP, Lucknow. it might be good as CIMAP is focused on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. Dr. Sangwan is active member on this site too.

wishes
    Jitendra
    What is real? How do you define real? If you are talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain

Jitendra K Thenua / BMRZ Frankfurt am Main

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jkthenua
    Dear Priyavrat

U can contact Dr Rajender Singh Sangwan in CIMAP, Lucknow. it might be good as CIMAP is focused on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. Dr. Sangwan is active member on this site too.

wishes
    Jitendra
    Thanx Dear, I had a training on medicinal and aromatic plants organised by CIMAP, already.... I will surely contact Dr. Sangwan.....

Smile

Hi PryaVart,

Well, then you are already trained as you know biology very well since you are doing PhD in Zoology. Only you need to know is a hands on experience. I will suggest you to go to IARI and request some professor there to let you help in his laboratory. YOU will learn things very quickly, it is pretty easy thing. Though it has been way long since I visited IARI, but I know there are so many laboratories there. Just give it a try.

It is a very good idea and biotech industry is going to grow very fast in India.

Micropropagation of plants is just one aspect, you can include with it seed testing lab and contract seed production for the industry. I know there are so many farmers who do it for big industries and they pay a lot of money. And since transgenic varieties are being approved in India like Bt Cotton etc, Molecular biology support laboratories also have a pretty good chance to succeed there. I know people who are doing it and making lots of money.

Sindhu
    Dear Sir, thanx I will approach the IARI labs in this connection very soon. As far as the other ideas are concern I will surely accomodate them in my plans... I m concern about what are the basic things that are require to set up the infrastructure for a PTC lab... As far as I m aware for a PTC maximum expenditure goes in the section of culture mediums... is it so or there is a need of expensive instruments...

Login to view details.
    I think it is not so expensive as most of the chemicals used are just very cheaply available in India. your maximum efforts will be to maintain temp in the laboratory as it is pretty hot in northern India and electricity is also not so cheap. you will also need to invest in instruments. These things will and can be arranged. you need to focus mainly on getting contracts.

sindhu

Smile

I think it is not so expensive as most of the chemicals used are just very cheaply available in India. your maximum efforts will be to maintain temp in the laboratory as it is pretty hot in northern India and electricity is also not so cheap. you will also need to invest in instruments. These things will and can be arranged. you need to focus mainly on getting contracts.

sindhu
    Dear sir,
    I hope you are there in best of your mood and health along with your family member. May I know a little more about you Sir. Another thing is that if you have some current contacts at IARI or any other place in the field of PTC where I can approach with your reference.....

Login to view details.
    PriyaVart,

It has been long since I went to IARI but I think if you go there, you go there you will be able to find many laboratories there. I know people in HAU, Hisar. If you can go there.

Dr. Beniwal, whom I know very well will be able to help you. He is currently Director Biotechnology and his main work is also on Tissue Culture. Get hold of him if you can.

Sindhu

Smile

Dear friends, I am waiting for any other person having similar interest...
    Who have knowledge in this field....
    Who want to start such a work...
    who want to share his experience in this regard...
    Who want to add anything to this.....

Smile

Anyone doing some reserch in this field in nearby place...

Login to view details.
    Hi bro how is ur work going on and where r u having difficulty--in setup--- finanace(ofcourse every new start up has it)---------contract????? Did u get any contracts or r searching for one

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dchhill
    Hi bro how is ur work going on and where r u having difficulty--in setup--- finanace(ofcourse every new start up has it)---------contract????? Did u get any contracts or r searching for one
    Hi dear thanx for your concern....
    currently i m busy with finalising my thesis...
    As long as the fund are concern seting up of such lab does not need very hefty amount in the very begining if I m not wrong.. at least in case when we wana start on small scale... I m planning somwhere in September for some training and than....
    If you can help me in someway I will be obliged....

Smile

Recently I got a connection with a person owning his own nursery and practicing the tissue culture himself... with in a week i planning to join him for my deam... If any one else have any new information please forwaerd it to me..... I will be sincerely thankful to you...

Login to view details.

:)

mubaarak gud luck for ur endeavours

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dchhill
    mubaarak gud luck for ur endeavours
    Thanx dear..... If I am not wrong you appears to be very busy these days... As i find relatively less responses from your side... I hope you are doing well....

Login to view details.
    Yep buddy............ I am preparing for an exam these days ........ then job search ................. then moving out ......................it will take at least 2-3months for everything to be normal again .............. I am doin Fine ..............thx for ur concern

Gud luck
    Divya