Thread: - Choudhary Charan singh - Haryana connection

- Choudhary Charan singh - Haryana connection

Charan Singh's ancestor were the kinsmen of prominent freedom fightor of the revolt of 1857, Raja Nahar Singh of Ballabhgar in district Faridabad who was sent to the gallows in Chandni Chowk. Charan Singh's grandfather, Chaudhary Badam singh moved eastward in order to escape the oppression which the Britsih Govt. let loose on the Raja's followers. they moved to a village called Bhatona in the Bulundshahar district.

I just wanted to mention that Ch Charan does not belong to Bhatona. His original village name is Noorpur which is also in Bulandshar. I know that because my village is also in Bulandshar. Bhatona is also one the biggest Jat village. It is located near Gulaothi in Bulandshar. 90% of the people in that village have the same sir name (Teotia). Ch Charan Singh sir name is also teotia

Regards

Sanjeev

What Vivek has posted is absolutely true as my wife belongs to the same family. They first moved from Ballabhgarh to Bhatona and from their to different places. Forefathers of my in-laws' moved from Bhallabhgarh to Bhatona and finally to Banboi near Gulaothi and Ch. Charan Singh used to visit them in his young days.

JAT - Just And True

The family did move again after Bhatona. Ch. Charan Singh's father was youngest of 5 brothers and he was born in Noorpur in district meerut in a 'kuchha' peasant's home where his father use to till land of a bid zamindar of a nearby village Kuchesar. When he was six months old the family moved again to a village Jani Khurd where the family purchased 10 acres of land.

Dear All,
    And Finally they moved to Village Bhadola, at the border of Meerut and Ghaziabad district. Ch. Charan Singh used to visit Bhadola and infact came as a chief guest to my school at Sarava, when he was the agriculture minister in UP, prior to forming Bhartiya Kranit Dal. Ch, Ajit Singh still a regular visitor of Bhadola. As per the history of Teotia (Tavathia, Tewathia,etc) they all originally came from Rajasthan. Two brothers migrated from Rajasthan. The elder one crossed Yamuna and settled in Bhatona, and the younger one remained in Ballabhgarh/Palwal area. That is why you find large concentration of Teotias in these areas. As the land holding became less in Bhatona, they moved out to various places. If you see, that most villages in which most Teotias live are near a canal system. My grandfather also migrated from Bhatona, and at most places in our area Teotias are commonly known as Bhatonias.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Col Sahib,
    Thanks for nice information.
    We also have a member here in Sydney who is also from Bhatona
    regards
    Ishwar lamba

Dear Lamabi Ji,
    The story told to us by Bhats who used to come from Bharatpur, is that these two brothers started from a place called Tevatnagar in Rajasthan, after a very serious draught. They were looking to settledown some where near a water source. When they hit Yamuna in Ballabhgarh/Palwal area they halted. The younger brother's wife was to cook food for the family. Probably because of the wind conditions she was finding it difficult to cook food with her face covered as her Jyesth was around. She told her son to go and tell Tauji, to park his cart a little ahead. The boy probably annoyed his Tauji while conveying his mother's message and that is why the Tauji, halted only after crossing Yamuna. We have two villages with concentration of Teotias. One is my village Kilhora, the other is Bhadola, they are about one mile apart. Ch. Charan Singh was born in Noorpur ki Madaiya, and grew up in Bhadola, that is what had been told to us by our elders in village whether Teotias or others.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Thanks Col Sahib for very detailed information
    --------------------------------------------
    Col Virendra S Tavathia(Retd) (Jul 02, 2004 10:01 a.m.):
    Dear Lamabi Ji,
    The story told to us by Bhats who used to come from Bharatpur, is that these two brothers started from a place called Tevatnagar in Rajasthan, after a very serious draught. They were looking to settledown some where near a water source. When they hit Yamuna in Ballabhgarh/Palwal area they halted. The younger brother's wife was to cook food for the family. Probably because of the wind conditions she was finding it difficult to cook food with her face covered as her Jyesth was around. She told her son to go and tell Tauji, to park his cart a little ahead. The boy probably annoyed his Tauji while conveying his mother's message and that is why the Tauji, halted only after crossing Yamuna. We have two villages with concentration of Teotias. One is my village Kilhora, the other is Bhadola, they are about one mile apart. Ch. Charan Singh was born in Noorpur ki Madaiya, and grew up in Bhadola, that is what had been told to us by our elders in village whether Teotias or others.