Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can we Jats do somthing similar ????

I am not being harsh Manoj. I feel closer to reality. Do you really think that any of these guys are actually going to go door to door teaching taus and tayis how to send an email. Its never materializing. And heres the deal, if they actually do it, I will appreciate their courage, and give int o whatever they want from me.

Point is: what came first. The egg or the chick.

Teaching people to master certain technologies, with no infrastructure to absorb their skills, is a waste of resources. On the other hand you can encourage the establishment of an infrastructure, where the talents of these people can be absorbed, and put to good use. And even, domestically speaking, people aspire for tchnology to make their life easier. To aspire for something you need to have the financial means To have financial means you need to have an infrastructure that creates oppportunities and prospoerity. Only prosperous societies shop around to buy things that would make their life easier. Thats why the socieites in developed economies are so materialistic, and ever hungry for innovation and new technology, applicable at consumer level. On the other hand developing economies are still concentrating to provide the basic ammenities to thier citizens.

Just look at things as if they were in a transparent jar. Even though everythings in their, you can draw a distinction among the items in the jar.

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules
    Well go on. Lets see how many of you actually go out to set up a project teaching people how to surf the net and send emails. When you do it, I will believe it.

I am not a part of any of this nonsense.

If it materializes, I will give in and appreciate your courage.
    Sure Sumit. We shall keep you and everyone posted. It has to happen and it will happen.

RK^2

Thought Is Damn Good

Rajender ji...........let us fix things properly as to what exactly we want to do and what is possible? Poor education standards is a real problem of our state and our people.The problem has been compounded due to dwindling resources and lack of basic education at Govt schools[Due to apathy of MASTER JIS AND BEHEN JIS].There are pocket size [SO CALLED] public schools which have mushroomed at every corner of a town and village[All money swindling shops], promising moon to the hapeless villagers. I will not find fault with the idea and rather support it whole heartedly, provided a clear cut direction is planned. The only thing which is needed for it's success is a WILL POWER coupled with SELFLESS ATTITUDE in plenty. Lots of sacrifice will be called for on the part of people to be connected to this cause. Task will be challenging and daunting but then TOUGH PEOPLE Last, tough things don't. Let we get more inputs and concrete volunteer plunges from diverse fraternity out here on jatland. MY BEST WISHES AND A SOLID CONTRIBUTION [absolute free of cost and selfless] can be counted, as i want to connect to a cause of this nature in right earnest. MY thread......" My DREAM: A SCHOOL FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT" under Education forum refers.
    Last edited by devdahiya; September 19th, 2005 at 08:14 PM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Hi All,
    Though I agree with Rana and Sumit in what say about uselessness of teaching Internet to Taus and Tais when there is no infrastructure to consume the skills but still there are opportunities through which e-education can make a difference. The way I perceive it is following.

1) Mean, not a goal: If such a effort materialises, our target shouldn't be people who can't make use of internet for something else worthwhile(atleast not in beginning). Interent could be assumed a mean to achieve something else, its not an resource in itself.

2) Flexibilty: Well, in one sense going teaching anything is a pertext to reach out to common people. Once we are start working on "small" scale, we get to know real problems of people, then we can slightly modify our aims accordingly. But to start such an effort we have to begin with something and teaching Internet is pretty cool:-)

3) Mentoring: The kind of target I had in mind is youth. People who are in high school or college. There are lots and lots boys and girls who commute from villages to city college to study arts and science. Large section of these guys is baffled and doesn't know what education is for. They pass exams by cheating, don't pay bus fairs, feel hopeless, want to clean 'system', criticize politicians and etc. etc. Going to village and talking to these people and teaching them how internet could be a channel through with they could excel. Then a couple of volunteers from here, say 20-30, could atleast 2 young guys and be their "mentor" and communicate through "e-mails". If those guys are in touch with us (at very small scale in begnning though) it will make them realise about various things and they will feel happy that "we" are among them and care for them.

4) Infrastructure: If we succeed in begining and somebody wants to pursue further, we could implement internet with little infrastructure. E.g. having a desktop in village could be used for useful means. Youth and kids can learn to use it(these days even some private school have computers), everybody can read news without having newspaper or magzines, farmers can know prices of grains in 'mandi', they can watch movies:-)) and etc etc... Ofcourse its not that simple, there is whole lot of planning to do. But that can only be started by "Yes, it can be done".

Vinod
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

only posting here is not enough

Hi all

I think posting ur views on Jatland and doin things in reality is really opposite. Mr. Rajender jee i know ur serious in rural development but dont u think tht starting this project is easy but keep on running this will get sweat frm ur body. As we are working on ruaral convention i think we can make this project a part of our vision. But as recommended by members tht first there is a need of commitee which run all this nonsense(as stated above). Well i also beleive if u take few challenges in ur hand atleast u have a chance to get one finish. So lets try at once but dont forget the ground realities tht posting here is easy but keep going is difficult. But nyway lets see it.

Abhimanyu Phougat

Abhimanyu, We agree posting here is not enough. And posting a message with title "posting here is not enough" is also not enough:-)))) kidding. Working together with rural convention will be even better with more resources. If you have any specific things in mind please share with us. I will talk to you after I read all posts in rural-convention thread(too long:-)))

Rajendraji, I think we should now start forming a group and please give us more ideas how exactly should we proceed. I think some initial steps could in these directions(as is been already described by our other friends). Please don't hesitate to ask any of us to do anything that we can.(me all ready:-)

1) Forming a semi-formal team and separate forum for discussion where we can know each other better and discuss (even though it looks useless but talking helps:-)))

2) From these raw ideas try to define a broad picture of goal, be clear about what we want to achieve overall and what not and have everyone's say in account. Following up that, list down concrete things we want to achieve in fixed amount of time. Make central repository of formal documents and files.

3) Move on to taking stock of resources, distribution of responsibilties on volunteers(informaly, ofcourse:-)), sketch out logistics of execution of tasks(its gonna take looooooong time), (be conservative and as precise as we can), deciding time-lines for various steps.

4) Execution. Not all people can go to villages but execution happens at many levels. People like me are far from homeland but we can help by various mean(finacianlly? me can try but me student:-(((() I have some plans for my vacation in winter. This step will will be discussed later and will be more clear once we are through earlier steps.

5)....... later.

Please keep posted if you have any idea. Those who think this idea is stupid please don't hesitate to think so:-)(thinking is always good)

Vinod

Quote Originally Posted by positivelook
    Hi all

I think posting ur views on Jatland and doin things in reality is really opposite. Mr. Rajender jee i know ur serious in rural development but dont u think tht starting this project is easy but keep on running this will get sweat frm ur body. As we are working on ruaral convention i think we can make this project a part of our vision. But as recommended by members tht first there is a need of commitee which run all this nonsense(as stated above). Well i also beleive if u take few challenges in ur hand atleast u have a chance to get one finish. So lets try at once but dont forget the ground realities tht posting here is easy but keep going is difficult. But nyway lets see it.

Abhimanyu Phougat
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

It is heartening to see that some of you people are always eager in the developement of our jatland.
    But there are some questiones need to be answered before we try to materialise our ideas .

1.What is our plan.
    2.What are possible results of this idea.I mean how this idea will improve life of sundu .
    3.Who will provide computer to sundu,can we convince him to buy a computer,or to partially contribute.There was a plan to teach computers in schools last year.Some 100 Rs were asked per student.And the idea was widely
    opposed due to these hunderd rupees.This is the current situation.
    4.Finally will sundu use it for constructive purposes.

Of course we can implement the idea ,we have to contact local yuva clubs
    or should make such clubs. And I will provide my help as far as possible.

It's a question of discussion and not of dispute. some members have different perceptions may be because they know sundu more closely.I ask them to suggest their ideas about how to improve life of sundu.
    In my opinion basic education system and conventional ways of agriculture should be improved .

I mean to say we should decide in which way we can help them on ground .
    J.Hooda

Here are some of the suggestion that I have, which could help improve the economy of Jatland.

1. Most of us NRIs should invest money in ventures in Jatland. This will create opportunities. And till we achieve liberalization of our economy, we can strike bargains with the state govenrment to improve local infrastructure like roads and utilities in investment zones.

2. Everytime some of us visit India, we must speak to young kids at village schools to be serious about studies. We can hold seminars, and educate people of other opportunites outside Jatland and India. At the same time, we must also speak to their parents, and village elders about the benefits of schooling.

3. There are a lot of bright minds out there, waiting for a break. we can pull out a lot of them to our respective foreign locations to get higher education. Someday they would join our initiative, and do the same wonders to others, what we manage to do for them. We must start scholarship funds to pay for their expenses. Even thouh I barely make enough to survive, as I am paying for my own education, I assure you that I will be the one to drop the first dollar in the piggy. There are a lot of us around the world who are really well off, and can easily support such initiatives.

5. we must become a strong lobby orce in Jatland. To heck with Bhajanlals, Mulayam Singhs, Mayawaitis and Akali Takhats. Jatland belongs to jats, and we must be in posession of our own welfare.

6. Finally, the administrator must start a new section on the website for Jatland Development. We can co-ordinate our activities there.

So whose going to India next. Do you wanna ake a day off form your trip and do some good work. Document your contribution, and share it with us all.

Finally, Nitin sir, if you are in need of webspace, I can lend you my university server space. Taht could handle some increased traffic. Such an initiative could cause loud rumbles, and needs a broader infrastructure.

Hi

I am going to be in India in December till Jan. and except for 23rd dec. to 6th Jan. pretty open to days outs in the villages as suggested by Sumit. Am pretty good at internet and stuff and happy to teach our tais and obviously be taught by them too in return on various aspects of life

One thing has been coming to my mind. Has anyone properly checked out the Akshay project website. Just wanted to point out that its a state government driven project.

Something about the project [things to be considered in bold]

The Akshaya project in the rural Malappuram district of Kerala, India, is the first district-wide e-literacy project in India, and one of the largest known Internet Protocol (IP) based wireless networks. Through a test network of over 600 village telecenters, known as e-Centers, Akshaya has conducted one of the world's largest computer literacy drives, claiming to reach over 600,000 households, representing more than 3.6 million people, in less than 6 months. The project has created a unique brand of state-funded computer access centers, and simultaneously led to a massive wireless infrastructure, providing a wide range of services and making way to many future opportunities. This paper analyzes Akshaya's approach to e-literacy, telecenter sustainability and entrepreneurship, and its goals of using the technology infrastructure to piggyback a number of social services. . The project is a state-private partnership, in which the state agency Kerala State IT Mission (KSITM) planned the project, set up the connectivity infrastructure, marketed the idea, developed an e-literacy program and created an initial suite of applications. The physical space, equipment, and operations of the telecenters (known as e-Centers) were responsibilities of local entrepreneurs, selected by the state government in conjunction with local village council members. Each e-Center was required to have at least 5 computers, a printer, scanner, and high bandwidth connectivity, and KSITM planned the geographic locations in such a way that no house in the district was more than 3 km from a telecenter.
    E-literacy was the first phase of the project, during which every household could send one member to the local e-Center to acquire training in the basics of computing. The state paid about 85% of the cost of this training as incurred by the entrepreneurs. Following the e-literacy phase, all the

e-Centers were free to operate as cyber cafés (with recommended rates for charging), and as training centers for a variety of services for the local areas including online payment and e-government services.In 2000, the state government in Kerala initiated an e-governance transaction enabling mechanism called FRIENDS, which offered integrated computerized payment counters for citizens at each of the district headquarters, for over 1000 combinations of services. The Kerala government has a stated mission of equipping all its local governing bodies (over 1200 in all) with computing facilities, by providing both the requisite training to
    start using these, as well as locally-relevant content and services for their sustenance. The Akshaya project has been a continuation of this. The seeds of the project were in a demand by the village councils (panchayats) in Malappuram, northern Kerala, to the Information Technology Minister in April 2002 with a proposal of district-wide computer literacy – for which the councils offered a sum of Rs. 6 million from their budget (~$133,000). The state government took the idea forth, and converted it into a telecentre project deciding to use Malappuram as the initial test-bed, with the end goal of replicating the project throughout the state of 32 million people. The idea was to layer the computer training with a state supported network of public computing points, so that people had the opportunity of taking their learning to the next level. The state appointed the KSITM chief, M. Sivasankar as the district collector of Malappuram to oversee the project’s implementation. The planning and implementation was done over a fairly short time span, and less than two years passed between the initial ideas which were doing rounds in 2002, and the full-scale operating network with telecenters and the e-literacy project.
    The e-Centers were planned across Malappuram such that each e-Center serviced approximately 1000 families – thus each center was assigned a list of households from the local neighborhood – and the persons from that list could get their subsidized e-literacy training only from their assigned e-Center.

While most entrepreneur franchisees for the e-Centers were selected through a government tender announcement as new e-Centers, about 158 e-Centers were created by converting existing cybercafés. Each e-Center was created at the cost of approximately Rs. 200,000 to the entrepreneur, and is connected through a high-bandwidth connection to the Internet.The e-literacy was done through tutor neutral CD-ROM based content consisting of 10 training modules of 90-minutes each and was distributed to all e-Centers. The modules were played, like videos on PCs, with people watching the process and a multiple-choice test at the end of the last module. Every user was assumed to pass the test, and every user who went through the process was certified e-literate.
    The e-literacy for the entire district was completed by February 2004 – thus each household in the district had at least one member familiar with basic computing concepts. This in effect meant the person had a basic understanding of what a computer is and how it works, and what some of its applications may be. Students didn’t learn to operate any specific applications in the e-literacy phase, though the course design did facilitate better decision-making among its graduates on what computers meant to their daily lives, and how these can be used in the future

The project emphasized on intensive training for entrepreneurs for economic sustainability, each entrepreneur was trained in one of six focus areas – including multimedia, data operations, software, hardware, financial services, and community building. The set of e-Centers was geographically broken up into clusters of six (usually one Panchayat area) and within each cluster, each entrepreneur got a different type of focus area training. Thus one panchayat had only one hardware e-Center, and so on. The objective behind this was initially that computer access and training may not be adequate drivers for business for e-Centers, thus layering on additional technology-related services gives these centers a better chance of economic sustainability.

Intensive training for entrepreneurs for economic sustainability, each entrepreneur was trained in one of six focus areas – including multimedia, data operations, software, hardware, financial services, and community building. The set of e-Centers was geographically broken up into clusters

of six (usually one Panchayat area) and within each cluster; each entrepreneur got a different type of focus area training. Thus one panchayat had only one hardware e-Center, and so on. The objective behind this was initially that computer access and training may not be adequate drivers for business for e-Centers, thus layering on additional technology-related services gives these centers a better chance of economic sustainability.
    A relevant outcome Akshaya is related to the importance of the entrepreneur, his skills and level of involvement. The skill of any tele-center owner is important, but in the context of Akshaya this is even more so than in other tele-center initiatives, because in this project the entrepreneur was the person to go door to door, selling the idea of the e-literacy to get all the households in their assigned localities to participate. This has been an excellent way of selling the concept to the entire community, because in addition to the entrepreneurs visiting home to home, the state’s underwriting of the concept, alongside the village councils’ stamp of approval created an excellent credibility for the project. In fact, several of the entrepreneurs at the end of the e-literacy

Please do not consider it as a discouragement. Just a check on what we are aspiring to. It is not work of individuals. Therefore, we cannot benchmarks our potential work in e-literacy with this project. The key here might be to hold a dialogue with the state government and make such suggestions. I am also working onm something called Human Capital. One of the best ways to develop this resource called human capital is to have suggestion programs to facilitate innovation and creativity. Haryana government should have a reward based suggestion programs which would encourage people to think of creative ways in which the state could be driven forward economically [and have the political will and readiness to implement them].

The main issue here is overcoming the Digital Divide (the haves and have nots of the internet world). It is not about teaching sundu to fly a rocket, its about who will be equipped to handle the future world which will mainly be based on the internet. The people on the 'have not' side of the digital divide (i.e. majority from our jat states) are definitely going to lose out (even if they are doing agriculture). The world is going to be an internet world. If the state governments are really concerned about the development of their states than this is an imperative intervention they should seriously think about.

On an individual level, I would be happy to spend my time if it results in e-literacy of even one person. So please count me in for this groupwork.
    Last edited by priti; September 20th, 2005 at 03:47 PM.

Dont trust the Government with another expectation. They are just too good at failing at every endeavor.

What I am asking isnt the inception of a big project. All I am asking is, go and talk to our fellow young Jats, and tell them what they are loosing, what all is out there to gain. If you talk to 10 kids on every trip, and even one adheres, there you go. You just multiplied your "Human Capital" by two.

Now, please do not come out in defence of th government. They just suck at everything. You need to be totally insance to still have faith in government.

Has any one heard of the free state project (http://www.freestateproject.org/). Click on the link to learn more about it. A lot of my friends are relocating to New Hampshire, as it is the freest ste in the United States. This is good evidence, that even the government of United States, the supposed world power sucks at providing all that is guaranteed to its citizens. Now citizens who are tired of Government Blunders are making the big decsion to move to a place where there is lesser government.

As a real smart individual, Joseph Sobran once put: Thank god !, government isnt giving you all your money's worth.

Dude, you've got to have some faith some where....aise sceptical attitude se kaise kaam chalega ...kerala government is also A Government...right? But I will follow your advice and not go on defending governments...

The points of my post were just to let Mr. RK know that I'm in for his suggested project (and multiplying the human capital!! )if there is anything to be done in december on the grassroot & to point out that AKSHAY is a government run project (since this was the starting/reference point of this thread) and that maybe its good idea for Mr. RK to suggest this to the government...its a public private partnership anyway, so maybe it might actually get implemented with the selling point being more business opportunities with an e-educated populace.

Dont trust the Government with another expectation. They are just too good at failing at every endeavor.

What I am asking isnt the inception of a big project. All I am asking is, go and talk to our fellow young Jats, and tell them what they are loosing, what all is out there to gain. If you talk to 10 kids on every trip, and even one adheres, there you go. You just multiplied your "Human Capital" by two.

Now, please do not come out in defence of th government. They just suck at everything. You need to be totally insance to still have faith in government.

Has any one heard of the free state project (http://www.freestateproject.org/). Click on the link to learn more about it. A lot of my friends are relocating to New Hampshire, as it is the freest ste in the United States. This is good evidence, that even the government of United States, the supposed world power sucks at providing all that is guaranteed to its citizens. Now citizens who are tired of Government Blunders are making the big decsion to move to a place where there is lesser government.

As a real smart individual, Joseph Sobran once put: Thank god !, government isnt giving you all your money's worth.
    Last edited by priti; September 20th, 2005 at 06:33 PM.

Hey All,

Jassi bhai, your points are logical. Right now we don't have any fixed plan but I guess after so many posts we have clearer ideas than before having discussed both -limilations and possibilties. I guess its best to make plans from raw ideas that all volunteers put farword and some more sincere volunteers can spend some time in solitude and come up with something which rest of us can refine by discussion and agree on.

Sumit bhai, yours points are valid. Investment by NRI to jatland is something everybody talks about and agrees on. Could you please take out 20min and surf on internet and see what existing orgn and sectors are already there where people can invest. Also could you share with us concrete things that we can do which can help in liberalization. Problem is every Indian is intellectual who gives wisdom. We need horses who do things:-) ghoragiri...
    About scholarship to youth talent, you are encouraged to contribute towards already existing orgns like NAJC http://www.ajata.org/ they don't have separate webpage yet, you with lot of software skills and space in server can help there.. see?...

Preity Priti:-), yeah our effort may not have any similarity with Akshay project. This news is just an impetus that triggered neurons of enthusiasts in jatland to do something which is not yet well defined but something. As a final product we might plan to do something which is not quite taking Internet to villages but something that would improves lives of people somehow.
    Yours and Sumit’s thoughts about going to rural places in vacation and talk to people, listen to their problems, mingle with children etc is something that can be done with minimal efforts. Everybody who is in this small group of ours is encouraged to plan their efforts such way.
    Last time when I was in my village Sarangpur (Bhiwani) we organized a feast in school, interacted with all kids, talked with youngsters and explained basics of computer(my laptop, best thing people liked was movie ‘titanic’:-)), there was plan of taking kids to Pilani science museum which didn’t materialize. Some people learned to use email to keep me in touch but I guess they forgot:-(… anyway.

I think discussion in this forum would help greatly in defining our plans which are still in nascent forms. But it’s better to keep thing little open-ended than defining them precisely and imagining extreme situations like Sundu flying rockets in rush and taking it to logical conclusion that its can’t be done and dampening the spirit of others.

Good luck
    vinod
    Last edited by vinodks; September 21st, 2005 at 09:24 AM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    RK Uncle Ji...Please count me in!

Hi,
    I had sent private messages to all interested junta(sorry if you got missed) asking emails required to form a yahoogroup(another?? kya yaar, jahan 10 log ekatthe hote hein wahin ek group??.... haan yaar, kya karen majboori hai.:-) ok so far 6 people have replied, please mail me your email id if you haven't. Those who are reading these post and haven't showed interest so far can join us just out of curiosity even if you are not able to contribute(you can leave us if you don't fall in love with us). The volunteer network formed here can later be used to integrate our effort with rural convention or any other jat orgn too. Its not in spirit of forming any 'separate group' but a cohesive forum to facilitate better communication amongst selective interested people; so with RK uncleji guidance we would proceed with healthy motives.

If anyone has any experience in working in any orgn please put forward your views and lets know. This discussion should be carried on and criticism is more than welcome. (Rathee, Poonam aur Sailender Hooda bhai, kahan ho yaar? 'meri aawaj suno'(ye film dekhi hai?) anyway..)
    After some more discussion I would condense ideas put by various people and add some ideas and put here for people to refine it further and take it to new step.

Thanks
    -Vinod
    Last edited by vinodks; September 21st, 2005 at 09:22 AM.

Pooling In

dear all,

We will need mature, educated and dignified people at ground level to start and monitor any activity. e.Computer thing may start at smaller scale as there are hardly any power available at village level plus connectivity is a big problem.However we can start so many good things at a small scale any time. People like Maj Kulwant, Uday dahiya, Kanta Singh, sumit pawar, shailendra Tokas and many more available in and around Delhi are all great people and can contribute meaningfully. I have sent my Yahoo Id to you Vinod. All the best.
    Last edited by devdahiya; September 21st, 2005 at 09:34 PM.

Good Idea

I am ready to be a team member.

regards
    Priyanka

This will be a great initiative.

I have one mroe thing to add ot this.. would it not be a great idea if we can as well have a library set up in the project we plan to take.

The creation of a library at the village with books covering a wide range of topics will spur interest in reading and writing. it will encourage both recreational reading and to allow the students to enrich their areas of interest. We can as well try to get books as donations to start from through our own personal contacts.

We can may be start off with one village in mind and if we can successfully implement this there we can try to follow it at other places as well.

Regards,
    Anuj

Well said Anuj

Infact all villages should hava a small library and a newspaper should invariably be subscribed regularly and mind you this can be done within the resourses available with the villages but real problem is the electricity and finding a responsible person to handle the library affairs well and the one who can maintain it properly. My poser to all worthy members...........?? Out of all of us HOW many of us have finished our larger portion of responsibilities of life/ are about to finish [ i mean their children have settled down in life] ? Because i very strongly feel that these are the people who can give CONSTANT and CONTINUOS quality time towards establishment and growth of any organization we might have had in our mind. Rest who are students and are mid way in their lives can chip in as and when they conviniently can. Some elderly person with JAJBA and selfless attitude has to lead the way.
    Last edited by devdahiya; September 21st, 2005 at 09:49 PM.

I think now the condition is better.We all want progress for our people.Our ideas
    may vary.But that's how we can anticipate results before start acting,and can refine our plans.

Hay vinod i didn't get the message.give the link where we can join this group.
    The idea that we can personally meet some children every time we go our village and encourage them is nice.Every body can do this.

Few years back i read a local news paper at my home that described the story of a rickshaw puller who owned one beegha land only .He decided to grow herbs
    in his land.Even his family members not supported him that time.But his plan was very successful.Soon he purchased 60 acre land .And now he is a specialist of this area.

I want to know if anyone of you have some idea about these herbs.
    J.Hooda

Here are some of the suggestion that I have, which could help improve the economy of Jatland.

1. Most of us NRIs should invest money in ventures in Jatland. This will create opportunities. And till we achieve liberalization of our economy, we can strike bargains with the state govenrment to improve local infrastructure like roads and utilities in investment zones.

2. Everytime some of us visit India, we must speak to young kids at village schools to be serious about studies. We can hold seminars, and educate people of other opportunites outside Jatland and India. At the same time, we must also speak to their parents, and village elders about the benefits of schooling.

3. There are a lot of bright minds out there, waiting for a break. we can pull out a lot of them to our respective foreign locations to get higher education. Someday they would join our initiative, and do the same wonders to others, what we manage to do for them. We must start scholarship funds to pay for their expenses. Even thouh I barely make enough to survive, as I am paying for my own education, I assure you that I will be the one to drop the first dollar in the piggy. There are a lot of us around the world who are really well off, and can easily support such initiatives.

5. we must become a strong lobby orce in Jatland. To heck with Bhajanlals, Mulayam Singhs, Mayawaitis and Akali Takhats. Jatland belongs to jats, and we must be in posession of our own welfare.

6. Finally, the administrator must start a new section on the website for Jatland Development. We can co-ordinate our activities there.

So whose going to India next. Do you wanna ake a day off form your trip and do some good work. Document your contribution, and share it with us all.

Finally, Nitin sir, if you are in need of webspace, I can lend you my university server space. Taht could handle some increased traffic. Such an initiative could cause loud rumbles, and needs a broader infrastructure.
    Good points Sumit. This has been part of my agenda already. I am travelling presently and not coming to Jatland on daily basis. I can see so many serious views from so many members. My approach has always been to do my part first on ground. As I have mentioned many times over on Jatland, Rural education and Healthcare are two ares where I will be working. I will get few of these projects going totally on my own first and demonstrate how things can be done without too much investment and how people can be benefited. Honestly I don't expect governments to come rushing to our help in the begining. Suggestions are always useful, but too much of debate also does not help. Suggestions become more useful only when things get moving on ground. I know, internet in itself is meaningless. It has to serve larger purpose. Its always eveloving process and has to be taken that way.There are lots of issues, both technological and operational which need to be addressed to implement such projects. My idea is to adopt few typical villages first and demonstrate the utility of project there. One we succeed there, other villages can be encouraged to adopt it. May be Governemt will enter at that stage..

RK^2