Thread: Toetia's of Bhatona

Toetia's of Bhatona

I don't remember from where I got this document, but it has the information collated by Mr. Abhay Singh, S.D.O. Bhatona Hall (Bhartpur-Udaipur)

The document gives information as to when Teotia (Tavathia as I write it) came to Bhatona village and the family tree thereafter. I was surprised to see my name in it and information against my name as (Capt,. Military) that was pretty accurate.
    The document says Shri Puranmal Teotia came to village Bhatona in 1385 S.V. He had two sons called Sarthanand and Partap Singh. It does not give any information abuot clans of Mr. Partap Singh, but shows that Mr. Sarthanand had three sons, namely Chawle Singh, Bihari Singh and Gokal Singh.
    Chawle Singh had three sons: Ramram, Kallu Singh and Rattu Singh. Against this generation is written (1600 S.V.) Means three generations only in 215 years.

Shri Rattu Singh had seven sons: Hira Singh (Bambe Ki Maddiya), Tulla Singh (Raosahab wale), Parsota Singh (Mache Wale), Ballu Singh (Murlihar), Roop Singh(Gursahayhar), Teja Singh and Nain Singh (Nayebas wale)

Shri Teja Singh had four sons: Mewa Singh (Baba Kanhiya Singh), Sawant Singh (Kilhora wale), Mohan Singh (Deepa Gangaram) and Kirath Singh (died without having a son and no further information)

Shri Sawant Singh had two sons: Partit Singh and Inder Singh.

Shri Partit Singh had four sons: Ram Sahay, Lal Singh, Dharam Singh and Gangabax.
    Dharam Singh and Gangabax did not have any sons. Ram Sahay had two sons, Lajja Ram and Megha. Megha did not have any son. Lajja Ram had two sons Nandlal and Shivlal, both of these did not have a son and the dynasty ended there.

Lal Singh had three sons: Bhulla (did not have a son) Radhakrishan and Ramsarup.
    Radhakrishan had one son: Shivcharan: no further information.
    Ramsarup had one son: Birbal Singh (happen to meet him when I was a child). Birbal Singh had one son: Rambir Singh (CRPF). Shri Rambir Singh came once to our home in Kilhora but Shri Birbal Singh and Rambir Singh both were residing in Bhatona and I don't understand as to why the document says against Shri Sawant Singh as Kilhora wale. So this looks to me a grey area.

Now come to the clans of Shri Inder Singh. He had four sons: Hariram, Laxman Singh, Jai Singh and Todal (Todal did not have a son thus his dynasty ended there)

Hari Ram ji had four sons: Raj Singh (did not have son), Lakhpat (did not have a son) Hardev (had one son called Dhara Singh and no further information) and Ram Sahay who had four sons: Bhanwar Singh, Kishan Lal, Ram Prasad and Ramval. No further inforation is given in this document of decendents of these four brothers.

Jai Singh had three Sons: Shri Shadilal, Shri Ramrikh, and Shri Ramphal. Shri Shadilal had only one son: Shri Amir Singh (had learnt a lot from him during my childhood. He was the village Pradhan and had one of the most educated family of his own, and an excellent person) Baba Amir Singh was honorary Capt and was ADC to Lord Mountbaten. He had five sons: Shri Jaswant Singh (Dy S.P.) Basant Singh (Dy. S.P.) Chandrapal Singh (Advocate), Mahendra Singh (Instructor in ITI) and Jogendra Singh (Excise Collector) I have met some of them when they used to come to village but have no further information. They live in Kankar khera in Meerut as per my latest information.

Shri Ramrikh had three sons: Nahar Singh, Kehar Singh and Lekhraj. Nahar Singh and Lekhrah did not have any child, Shri Kehar Singh had only one son: Rambir Singh. We studied together, he was a little senior to me and now lives in village. Having done is M.A. he had to contend with doing farming as could not find a suitable job. I hav no further information on Rambir Singh.

Shri Ramphal had three sons: Mukhtiar Singh,Hoshiyar Singh and Manbir Singh. Mukhtiar Singh had two sons: Rajendra Singh and Bijendra Singh, both of them live in village Kilhora. Hoshiar Singh had three sons: Rajbir Singh, Harbir Singh and Tejbir Singh. Harbir Singh was one of the most outstanding student. Rajbir and Tejbir are living in Village Kilhora.
    Manbir Singh had only one son: Virendar Singh (Viri) He lives in village Kilhora.

Laxman Singh had four sons: Baba Bharat Singh (baba Bharat Singh had only one son called Khub Singh who did not have any son and dynasty ended there), Baba Jagram, Baba Chandan Singh and Dule Ram (he did not have any son and thus dynasty ended there)

Baba Jagram had one son: Shri Ramjilal who had two sons: Dayanand and Deep Chand. I know this family well as they are our neighbors. Dayanand Chaca was the most simple and hard working man I have ever seen. This family has done extremely well and I would say credit goes to the hard work of Dayanand Chacha. Dayanand had four sons: Rajpal, Kishanpal, Satpal and Munni (I am sorry I don't know is official name) Satpal is a well known figure in Modinagar area. He now lives in Begmabad near Modinagar. Kishanpal teaches in degree College and lives in Village. Rajpal Bhai died some time ago. He was teaching in village Sarava in a High School.

Deep Chand had two sons: Sahendra Singh and Kiranpal. Sahendra Singh died before marriage. Sahendra was extremely hard working and with Dayanand Chacha he made an excellent hardworking team for the family.

The family had made a Dharamshala at the bus stop in village Kilhora.

Baba Chandan Singh had six sons: Balwant Singh, Sukhpal Singh, Daljit Singh (did not have a son and no further information) Sukhdev Singh (did not have a son and no further information), Baljor Singh and Baljit Singh (did not have a son and no further information)

Sukhpal Singh had three sons: Tejpal Singh (UPP, Inspector), Udaipal Singh and Vijay Pal Singh.

Tejpal Singh and Udaipal Singh lived in Pilkhua as they got there share of land in that area.

Tejpal Singh had seven sons: Jagbir Singh, Mahabir Singh, Gulbir Singh, Satpal Singh, Brajbir Singh, Narayan Singh and Surashpal Singh. I have no further information.

Udaipal Singh Chacha was another wonderful person I had met in my childhood. He was a POW in Japan after Second WW for Seven years and survived that difficult time. He had three sons: Ranbir Singh, Pratap Singh and Rukan Singh. Rukan Singh is a renowned advocate in Ghaziabad. I was lucky to meet him during my last visit to India.

Vijay Pal Singh had three sons: Sohanbir Singh, Sohanpal Singh and Badan Singh. Sohan pal Singh is in Police, and Sohanbir Singh and Badan Singh live in village Kilhora.

Baljor Singh had one son who died before marriage. His daughtors had done well to look after his property. I am not in touch with them.

Balwant Singh was my grand father. He retired as a police inspector and that is why we are known as "Daroga ke"

He had four sons: Rampal Singh, Tikam Singh, Pitam Singh and Balbir Singh.

Rampal Singh was my father and thus I will disucss in the end.

Tikam Chacha had three sons; Braham Singh (Retd as Hav) now lives in Modinagar. Dharambir Singh (Retd as Hav, made his house in Modinagar, he died in November 2003). He has two sons, Joginder and Goldie. My third cousin is Onkar Singh who lives in village and does framing.

Pitam Chacha had five sons: Satbir Singh (Retd as Hav.) Jagbir Singh (Retd as Sub) lives in Modinagar, Ombir Singh (doing farming) Monbir Singh (teaching in Primary School) and Suresh (died couple of years ago) Suresh was one of my best friend among my cousin brothers.

Balbir Chacha had two sons: Baldan Singh and Sodan Singh. Baldan Bhai Died in 1971 war in the Battle of Fazilka and Beriwala Bridge while part of 4 Jat. I happen to see the area during my service and pay my respect to all those who gave their lives in that battle. Sodan lives in village and his currently Village Pradhan.

Now my own father, Rampal Singh. We were six brothers: Babu Singh, Manohar Singh, Bikram Singh, Kishan Singh, Surendra Singh and myself.

Babu Singh retd as Plant Protection Officer, and died in 1986. He has three sons and a daughter. His sons are Mahendra Singh, Narendra Singh and Jitendra Singh. They are settled in Faridabad. The daughter Santosh was married to Dr. Chandrapal Singh. Both Santosh and Dr. Chandrapal Singh were teaching in Hissar University, before they died in tragic car accident on 25th Oct 2003.

Manohar Singh retired as Police Inspector from UPP and lives at Meerut. He has three sons. Ashok now in Mississauga Canada, Vinod Kumar a police inspector in UPP and Rajkumar who took premature retirement from Indian Navy and now works for Merchant Navy. All of them have one son each. Aman, Manu and Sannu in that order.

Bikram Singh retired from BITS Pilani from Mathmatics Department in 1991. He settled in Dehradun and died in September 2003. He has two daughters and one son. His son lives in Allentown, Pa, USA and is doing very well.

Kishan Singh, retired from JCT Mills Phagwara couple of years ago. He is now settled in Indore. He has two daughters and one son. His son is a IT professional and is now working in California, USA.

Surendra Singh lives in USA. He has his own business. He has three daughters.

Myself: As you can see, retired as a Colonel in 1998. I now live in NJ USA. I have one son and a daughter.

That is what I know about my ancestors. The purpose of this post is not to tell you about my family tree, but to know the missing information in this tree. May be some of my cousins living in this part of the world but we just don't know our relationship. If some one has some thing to add, kindly do inform me. It will be a great pleasure knowing more and more about our ancestors and family history.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Thank you Col Tavathia

I have posted your msg on the Yahoo Jathistory list

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/message/1658

i am from bhatona too ..thanks for sharing this .. it is always good to know where your come from..

warm regards
    kush teotia

Very interesting information !

What does the S.V mean and how does it relate to A.D. ?
    It is must be very exciting to trace back one ancestors so far back !

col sir,
    I am from bhatona .sir, where is village kilhora and your may I know your native village detail.
    thanks
    sunil

thanx for great information about great palce BHATONA..i had listened about this place FROM DR. RAVIKANT(senior surgeon loknayak hospital MAMC)
    Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by teotiasunil
    col sir,
    I am from bhatona .sir, where is village kilhora and your may I know your native village detail.
    thanks

Dear Sunil,

Sorry for replying late. Village Kilhora is on the road Hapur - Modinagar, and now falls in Ghaziabad District. We have two villages of Teotia in this area, Kilhora and Bhadola. Ch. Charan Singh was from village Bhadola. Kilhora has more teotias than Bhadola. We have some families those initially, came to Bhadola and then shifted to Kilhora, they are commonly known as Bhadolias in the village. Both Kilhora and Bhadola have a common village boundry. Kilhora is to the East of Bhadola.
    Kilhora is exactly 12 miles from both towns Hapur and Modinagar. Bhadola though falls in Meerut District.

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Col. Sahab,

There are plenty of Teotias in villages near Gulaothi and they all call themselves Bhatonias. In Karimnagar Banboi there are several Teotia families. However, the village has Sirohis in majority. Interesting thing about Banboi is that Teotia boys marry Sirohi girls (of course from other villages) but don't give their daughters to them, and there are no quarlles between them as has been seen in Haryana .
    JAT - Justice And Truth

You are Right

Quote Originally Posted by ramksehrawat
    Col. Sahab,

There are plenty of Teotias in villages near Gulaothi and they all call themselves Bhatonias. In Karimnagar Banboi there are several Teotia families. However, the village has Sirohis in majority. Interesting thing about Banboi is that Teotia boys marry Sirohi girls (of course from other villages) but don't give their daughters to them, and there are no quarlles between them as has been seen in Haryana .

Dear Sehrawat Ji,

You are right. There are a lot of villages near Gulaothi that have Teotias. Majority of Teotia's traditionally get married in Sirohi or Dalal gotras. My own wife is from Sirohi family and so was my grand mother. Bhatona is just about 8-10 miles from Gulaothi and thus all these villages probably would have been off springs of Bhatona. Bhatona is a very big village with over 50000 voters and so is famous village of Saidpur. Saidpur is in opposite direction to Bhatona from Gulaothi about 12 miles. Probably due to the largeness of these villages our ancestors must have found it easy to get matches for their wards in these two villages. Regarding Teotias I learnt during my childhood that they used to kill their daughtors and hence there was no question of giving their daughters to others. I really don't know how far is that true, but my own father had no sisters.

Col. Sahab,

One's grand mother and wife being of the same gotra is unheard of in jats. Don't they avoid the gotra of grand mother while arranging matches for their wards.
    JAT - Justice And Truth

Quote Originally Posted by ramksehrawat
    Col. Sahab,

One's grand mother and wife being of the same gotra is unheard of in jats. Don't they avoid the gotra of grand mother while arranging matches for their wards.

To be honest, I really don't know. My couple of cousins are married in Sirohi Gotra as well. How I know, that my grand mother was a Sirohi too, is because we have two Sirohi families in our village and they are suppose to be related to my grand mother.

col sir,
    I AM FROM BHATONA VILLAGE AND IT IS EXACTLY 4 KM FROM GULOATHI TOWARDS SECUNDERABAD ROAD .DEFINITELY YOU HAVE SOUND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT INSIDE STORY OF BHATONIA'S(MEANS IN PAST NO MORE GIRLS,SIR JI MAINE BHI AISA HI SUNA HAI PUR ISH PUR YAKEEN NAHI HOTA HAI REASON AAB BHATONA MAIN LADKIYA BHUT HAI,SHYAAD "DAGDE WALA BABA" KI KRIPA HAI.)
    SIR I WAS NEVER HEARD THAT VILLAGE KILHORA (TEWATIA'S VILLAGE),THAT'S WAY I WAS ASKING IT'S LOCATION.
    THANKS
    SUNIL
    sunil

Quote Originally Posted by teotiasunil
    col sir,
    I AM FROM BHATONA VILLAGE AND IT IS EXACTLY 4 KM FROM GULOATHI TOWARDS SECUNDERABAD ROAD .DEFINITELY YOU HAVE SOUND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT INSIDE STORY OF BHATONIA'S(MEANS IN PAST NO MORE GIRLS,SIR JI MAINE BHI AISA HI SUNA HAI PUR ISH PUR YAKEEN NAHI HOTA HAI REASON AAB BHATONA MAIN LADKIYA BHUT HAI,SHYAAD "DAGDE WALA BABA" KI KRIPA HAI.)
    SIR I WAS NEVER HEARD THAT VILLAGE KILHORA (TEWATIA'S VILLAGE),THAT'S WAY I WAS ASKING IT'S LOCATION.
    THANKS
    SUNIL
    Dear Sunil,
    I hope now you know where is village Kilhora. I have a good friend in Devli village, he is in UPP, his name is Bachhan Singh. His elder brother retired from army as I think Lt. Col.

Another village having Teotia's near Gulaothi is Barmadpur Ke Madaia, right opposite Gulaothi railway station.

The most Teotia villages are situated along the canal. That shows how important our ancestors considered the importance of irrigation system to excel in farming.

Teotias of Kilhora

My dear Virendra,

I registered myself with Jatland.com today only and while browsing the Jat History, was pleasantly surprised to see the names of my ancesters and that of mine too in the thread you started. How apart geographically located at present, yet how closely you and me are related to each other. I have faint memory when we met, may be four decades ago! I am sure you would place me who I am. It was good to see that though now settled in USA, you still seem to cling to where we belonged. And I am indeed astonished how uptodate you are on Teotias of Kilhora.Thanks indeed.

Would come up with some information on Teotias soon.

Jogendra Singh

Thanks Chacha Ji

Quote Originally Posted by jogendrasingh
    My dear Virendra,

I registered myself with Jatland.com today only and while browsing the Jat History, was pleasantly surprised to see the names of my ancesters and that of mine too in the thread you started. How apart geographically located at present, yet how closely you and me are related to each other. I have faint memory when we met, may be four decades ago! I am sure you would place me who I am. It was good to see that though now settled in USA, you still seem to cling to where we belonged. And I am indeed astonished how uptodate you are on Teotias of Kilhora.Thanks indeed.

Would come up with some information on Teotias soon.

Jogendra Singh
    Chacha Ji,
    Thanks a lot. It is nice to see on the web here. I would appreciate if you can add to the family tree from your generation downward. You and your father had been an inspiring force that motivated me to work hard and qualify for a good career in military. After all you are the first Civil Service Officer from our village.

Another Bhatonia/Tavathia in US

While there are already 6-7 Tavathia families I know in US, it came as a pleasant surprise to get an email from Mr. Sukhbir S. Tevethia from village Kandera near Bhatona, presently located in PA, USA. Mr. Sukhbir Singh probably may be the first Tavathia family to migrate to US, since he came way back in 1959.

I think Jatland.com is doing a wonderful job in getting the community together. As we move on to posting the history of various gotras, we will find more of our connections which had been lost in years due to lack of communication. I guess in the present world of internet communication, the distances are reduced and we can be close to our roots even being physically far away.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi, Tewatia/Teotia Jats

I've written a detailed history on the qorigin of Tewatia Jats. This
    article was published in the souvenier issue of Parivar Parichay in 1997.
    U can plz ask for this copy from Mr. Lakshman Mallik, secretary of
    Parivar parichay.

Email: parivarparichay@yahoogroups.co.in and phone is: 91-11-24694972

However, in brief, History of some clans is given on Jatland.com, in
    that some history of Tewatia jats is given. Originally it was written by
    me in that article. Here I dnt know who's has written but it is true
    and is en excerpt from that article.

Very briefly it says: Tewatia Jats are originally from Iran/Persia.
    Ec-Batana (comparable to modern Bhatona/Batana village) was the ancient
    capital of Iran. You can google this word "Ec-Batana" n find urself. Most
    of the village names of tewatias are persian. They came to India during
    acaemenic disturbances i.e. about 600 BC. Migration was due to political reasons
    over there. My village Janauli is at Palwal which is about 2000 years
    old. My dada was poet n historian, he told me that from Januthal (in
    Bharatpur district) Janauli was founded about 2000 yrs back. And Januthal
    itself was founded from Tebti/Teoti.

It was from villages of Tewatia's from Palwal, Ballabgarh, Faridabad
    etc. that Bhatona was founded about 800 yrs back.

River Tapti is named after them. Their coins have been found at Ujjain
    and they described by the famous historian Dr. K P Jaiswal. Ballabgarh
    was founded by Balram Singh Tewatia who was brother in law of Suraj
    Mal. Bharatpur army won Delhi with the help of Tewatia Jats of Ballabgarh.
    About 7 generations of Tewatia kings ruled at Ballabgarh. The Last was
    Raja Nahar Singh who revolted in 1857 and became martyre. For more
    about the Tewatia kings plz see my thread "All World Jat History
    Confefrence-2007" on Jatland.com.

my best wishes to my kin folk.
    Last edited by sktewatia; March 20th, 2006 at 03:31 AM.