Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This kind of message WILL GET YOU BANNED!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    well dis message was sent by Vikram Gulia...i didnt even know him..never even saw his name here...wonderin wat made him write dat way...useless effort!

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysangwan
    I agree with Vivek that if there's no obscenity of profanity in the message then that shouldn't be a reason enough for somebody to be chucked out. and the most important thing is that the person in question is sending the mesaage as a private message and not in an open forum. Further on reading the excerpts of the message I dnt think its in bad taste.
    I think its upto the girl whether she wants to go ahead with the proposal or reject it. Even after that if the guy doesnt stop then thats stalking and unwanted stuff.
    In my opinion, its the age old tradition that a Guy cannot propose to a girl that's been implemented here. Thats why all this din. On one hand we're talking about going tech savyy and on the other hand we're making fuss about such pity things. Is Jatland a forum to discuss and practice among other things the age-old taboos.
    Another thing I'd wanna ask all of those who've condemned this thing is that had u all been so critical if the guy in ques had sent this message to a guy, putting fwd his hand for friendship. Why so much fuss if he asked a girl for friendship.
    Talk about "Ladka Ladki Ek Samaan"

Sangwan
    I agree that v shudnt make a fuss abt it if its a decent friendship proposal but there are guys who keep on writing such irritating words even after being ignored.They definitely need 2 b chucked outta here dat's it!
    And jus wonderin y some ppl write poetry n all (copied stuff) in d private message....which doesn't make sense but neways one shud atleast be decent enuff and stop doin it repeatedly after getting ignored.

very true

Quote Originally Posted by mansi1218
    I agree that v shudnt make a fuss abt it if its a decent friendship proposal but there are guys who keep on writing such irritating words even after being ignored.They definitely need 2 b chucked outta here dat's it!
    And jus wonderin y some ppl write poetry n all (copied stuff) in d private message....which doesn't make sense but neways one shud atleast be decent enuff and stop doin it repeatedly after getting ignored.
    Hi mansi
    Point taken and very well brought out.If such endevours of seeking friendship being repeatative to unexpected levels then they tends to become irritative and some thing need to be done for that.
    manjeet
    GOOD JUDGEMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE,EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGEMENT.(EX-RAIST 92-BATCH)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to captmanjeet For This Useful Post:

Arveend (April 21st, 2012)

To all again:

It is quiet remarkable to see people mentioning names again. The real channel of the thread has been entangled in meaningless phrases and remarks.
    To me the following:-

"HI MY SELF <name> FROM <location>…doing bds( intern)….IF YOU WANNA BE MY NICE FRIEND THEN MAIL ME AT <email>………… WAITING FOR YOUR POSITIVE REPLY….. BBYE TAKE CARE……………..<name>
    if friends were flower I would not pick u, I will let you grow in the garden n cultivate u with love n care so I can keep u as a friend………
    "

has absoultely nothing wrong in it. If some one needs to claim that this person was again stalking the concerned lady even after her denial or "ignoring" him, then I am pretty sure we would have seen those excerpts in this thread, the entire idea of which is unhealthy anyways. If the concerned lady did message him that please dont msg here anymore and the person still did it, then that part of the dialogue should be brought to notice.

A person made a simple "proposal" or a gesture to know someone, to befriend someone. Now ever if he is sending this to multiple girls, there is nothing wrong in it. Everyone should let the girl decide!!!
    Instead a 'Poster' of his mail his been made Public and people have already started lashing out stones and demanding public apologies!! This seems ridiculous and unwanted for!

Also if someone is writing poetry even if it is copied and the poetry is not obscene or abusive, what is wrong in that?! If a lady or male does not like it, well then forget it, why make a public ado about nothing! I personally think that if someone here is not willing to accept normal messages which are not profane or abusive, they should not write anything at all in public forums.

The lucid formulation of freedom of speech should always be upheld and I do not think making public someone's email, making public names! (That was even more amazing!!) is a healthy way of dialogue.

~vivek
    I came, I saw, I slept.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to viveksiwatch For This Useful Post:

Mujhe lagta hai..phir se jatland par gamashan saru hone ja reha....

Bhai vivekji,,, if a person sent multiple msg. only to female members of this site to bhai uski niyat teek nahi lagti..

and rehi baat mail ko public karne ki to na to Nitin bhiya ne uska name mentioned kiya hai.. he just warned to all members that we should avoide such type of act..(he just gave an example)... to bina matlab baat ka badtang mat banawo.....kyoki yeh site ladkiyo se dosti karne ke liye nahi banayi gai hai... and try to give some time for good threads.. (if you can do).....

rest all depends on you bhai...
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Quote Originally Posted by mansi1218
    Dear Mansi
    If U're so fed up with this kinda effort from somebody then y dnt u take two minutes out and tell him that these kinda messages are unsolicited and ask him to stop messaging. I'm sure he would stop. What's the point in "ignoring" the messages.
    And well even then he doesnt stop, then I think he should be chucked outta here.

Sangwan
    Jat Balwan.....Jai Bhagwan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnysangwan For This Useful Post:

Mukesh:

1) I think each and every girl in here is mature enough to handle emails of such a person. Everyone is a mature person here. I do not think it is fair to judge someone just on the basis of a friendship message.

2) If he sent the message to 15 female members, that is his personal life and choice. All of the members got a single message each. I am pretty sure that if they write a single sentence to this guy that they are not interested, he will not write back. If he does, then yes he should be chucked out. That is what I am saying, either do not post these in public, or show that even after the lady reverted back, the guy did not stop.

3) There has been a name mentioning, which is unhealthy. If you take the time to read the thread before replying, you will find it.

4) I am not at was with you or nitin or anyone else. I am pretty sure nitin knows what he is doing, so do you and everyone else here.

All I am saying is that to my understanding, some issues should not be contorted out of context and shape. A friendship email can not kill or harm anyone, this is 2005 and i think everyone here wishes to be in 2005, not in 1925 with it being a taboo for a male to message a female!!

cheers,

~vivek

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007
    Mujhe lagta hai..phir se jatland par gamashan saru hone ja reha....

Bhai vivekji,,, if a person sent multiple msg. only to female members of this site to bhai uski niyat teek nahi lagti..

and rehi baat mail ko public karne ki to na to Nitin bhiya ne uska name mentioned kiya hai.. he just warned to all members that we should avoide such type of act..(he just gave an example)... to bina matlab baat ka badtang mat banawo.....kyoki yeh site ladkiyo se dosti karne ke liye nahi banayi gai hai... and try to give some time for good threads.. (if you can do).....

rest all depends on you bhai...
    I came, I saw, I slept.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to viveksiwatch For This Useful Post:

I hope u r fine honey, ask urself tht why u wanna ignore me?plz. i m sure u won't find any such big reason. i m nt a bad guy,i am lookin fr a good jat frnd thts it.nothin else, u shld change ur mentality, jat jat tae ladae ga to kyunkar kam chalya ga.think!!! by4 nw honey(sweet), takecare
    vivek.. look at above msg...Mujhe to isme kehi bi kisi bimember ka name dikhai nahi de reha hai.... and yeh msg.. saaf saaf bata reha hai ki usne yeh msg, ek baar nahi kahi baar likha hai..
    You are fairly right when you say that there is nothing wrong to send a private msg to a female member (for the friendship) but if she denied his request than why he should not write again and again... .. (as he did)...
    And I think only due to this reason we have very number of active female members ...
    so isme 2005 and 1925 wali koi baat nahi hai bhai.....
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

Mukesh:

dude understand first that this is not a war between you and me.

I think an intelligent dialogue should encouraged where people try to open up their minds and thought process.

If you really really read the message that i put up, you will find that I was talking about the 2nd message. This is the first message.
    Then I never said that nitin named that guy! Nitin has acted totally in good faith. However his motive is to create a good environment in the forum, not to supress healthy messages from whatsoever gender to whatsoever gender. I said a person has been named by whomsoever and this is wrong to do in a public forum, this is a public forum and not a public circus.

If a girl replies back that she is not interested, the things go on the other side clearly. If she does not reply or "ignore" them, the person concerned does not even know what she is thinking, after all this is not face to face dialogue, this is chatting via email! If someone, has the time to talk about it at length in public, i am sure they have time to write down one line that they are not interested.

If a lady writes clearly that she is not interested and still the guy continues to email, then ofcourse it is abnormal and such a person should be reprimanded. I have advocated the same fact.

2005 just means that do not judge or accuse anyone without knowing all the facts. Men and women are equal. All of those here are well aware of their security and privacy and I am sure they do not need public scandals to protect themselves. All of us have a different thinking and different ways to express ourselves. Some of us might be looking for friends who are girls or dates or prospective life partners. If we approach someone, let the girl decide what is the best for her. If she says she is not interested in an email and the guy still msgs, I request the admin to yes kick him out and also show the messages following the frienship proposal and subsequent female denial.

I am not sure where this conversation with you is going, you do not seem to get to the gist of the meaning of my statements. I do not wish to make it a conversation between you and me. Digressing from the original topic wont get you or me anywhere.

"When emotions are high, logic is the first casualty"

Take care dude

regards,

Vivek

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007
    vivek.. look at above msg...Mujhe to isme kehi bi kisi bimember ka name dikhai nahi de reha hai.... and yeh msg.. saaf saaf bata reha hai ki usne yeh msg, ek baar nahi kahi baar likha hai..
    You are fairly right when you say that there is nothing wrong to send a private msg to a female member (for the friendship) but if she denied his request than why he should not write again and again... .. (as he did)...
    And I think only due to this reason we have very number of active female members ...
    so isme 2005 and 1925 wali koi baat nahi hai bhai.....
    I came, I saw, I slept.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to viveksiwatch For This Useful Post:

Login to view details.
    After tellin dat guy dat im not interested i had 2 ignore him as he didnt stop sending weird messages...n also he kept troublin using different id's later on...n i dont th ink calling an unknown person by words like 'honey' makes u sweet..i think it was only 2 irritate.
    I don't think thr's any harm in making friends online but there are some weirdos who dont know how 2 behave..they can only be avoided after a limit.
    I dont think discussing these things here can change a person's attitude...n i agree wid all of u dat 'ignoring' only complicates things.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mansi1218 For This Useful Post:

ashe (August 29th, 2012)

Indeed.....

Dear All,

Names are not important but surely deeds are!

I believe that a young, handsome, dashing and a gentlemanly person should be able to attract girls by his conduct and what some old timers call 'Chivalry'. The present generation is lucky to have all these modern means of communication to receive a YES or NO in an instant. Ab to vo intezar ka mazza he nahin raha jo pehle tha!! To make the atmosphere lighter let me quote a personal experience.

In the 70s there was a very popular magazine called MIRROR. And there used to be a Pen Pal column in the end. When I was in Xth std I had made a female pen friend and we exchanged few letters. Then the communication stopped for a few years and I wrote to her only after I was commissioned in the Army as a 2nd Lieut. I wrote to her my latest address, which happened to be my unit address then in NEFA (Arunanchal Pradesh). I some how forgot about this letter.

When I reached my unit as an enthusiastic Laftan Saheb, one very important event is the Interview with the Commanding Officer (CO). Our CO was away on some duty and he came back after I had spent about a week in the paltan. The Interview day arrived and I was all ready to make the best first impression! He was an ex Rajpitana Rifles Officer (I think from 2 RAJ RIF) and behaved tough with the young officers. He welcomed me to the unit and told me his expectations. I don't think I breathed during the interview. As I was about to be dismissed from his presence, he opened the drawer, took out a letter and handed it to over to me with a smile and said "You will fit in well in my team". Then he asked me as to whether I had a girl friend? I said "No Sir", as innocently as I could. Then he said "Then whose letter is this". Once I saw the name I realised that my pen friend from Goa had replied to my earlier letter. The CO kept that letter with him and I never got to read her reply!

The fact is that one is debarred from making Pen Friends in the Army and this letter had been 'CENSORED' by the Army Post Office because the female had written 'Do Not Open, Do Not Open' at various places!

There ended a 'so called friendship'. So my dears, SMILE.

Or bhi gam hain jamane mein mohabbat ke sivaye....

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jagmohan For This Useful Post:

yogeshdahiya007 (July 16th, 2013)

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan
    Dear All,

Names are not important but surely deeds are!

I believe that a young, handsome, dashing and a gentlemanly person should be able to attract girls by his conduct and what some old timers call 'Chivalry'. The present generation is lucky to have all these modern means of communication to receive a YES or NO in an instant. Ab to vo intezar ka mazza he nahin raha jo pehle tha!! To make the atmosphere lighter let me quote a personal experience.

In the 70s there was a very popular magazine called MIRROR. And there used to be a Pen Pal column in the end. When I was in Xth std I had made a female pen friend and we exchanged few letters. Then the communication stopped for a few years and I wrote to her only after I was commissioned in the Army as a 2nd Lieut. I wrote to her my latest address, which happened to be my unit address then in NEFA (Arunanchal Pradesh). I some how forgot about this letter.

When I reached my unit as an enthusiastic Laftan Saheb, one very important event is the Interview with the Commanding Officer (CO). Our CO was away on some duty and he came back after I had spent about a week in the paltan. The Interview day arrived and I was all ready to make the best first impression! He was an ex Rajpitana Rifles Officer (I think from 2 RAJ RIF) and behaved tough with the young officers. He welcomed me to the unit and told me his expectations. I don't think I breathed during the interview. As I was about to be dismissed from his presence, he opened the drawer, took out a letter and handed it to over to me with a smile and said "You will fit in well in my team". Then he asked me as to whether I had a girl friend? I said "No Sir", as innocently as I could. Then he said "Then whose letter is this". Once I saw the name I realised that my pen friend from Goa had replied to my earlier letter. The CO kept that letter with him and I never got to read her reply!

The fact is that one is debarred from making Pen Friends in the Army and this letter had been 'CENSORED' by the Army Post Office because the female had written 'Do Not Open, Do Not Open' at various places!

Regards,

JS Malik
    uncle ji dil khush ker diya aapne, really a heart touching love story...end was as usual jo hota tha.
    todays lover are not lover, these r just love lusters.........
    hope u will continue to share these type of experience so that v can compare and analyse with ur loving generation.
    sach mein uncle dil halka hogya

with regards,
    dangi

Jagmohanji, that was good... agar aapko uska naam-patta abhi bhi malum hai to hum dhoond nikalte hein... kya patta us letter mein kya raaz chuppa ho...

-vinod

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan
    Dear All,

Regards,

JS Malik
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Really heart touching Jagmohan sir.
    Mujhe to lagta hai ki aap us letter ke baare me sochkar aaj bhi kai baar jajbati ho jaate honge.........
    aapne ye nahi bataya ki aap us letter ko padh paaye ya nahi.

Thanks for sharing and giving an example of love making in your age.

Regards.
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

Wink

Dude, be little careful about words!!

vinod

Quote Originally Posted by jakhar2005
    Thanks for sharing and giving an example of love making in your age.
    It may be that universal history is the history of the different intonations given to a handful of metaphors. -J L Borges

Quote Originally Posted by vinodks
    Dude, be little careful about words!!

vinod
    re mere goti bhai, kisse ne to baksh de mere yaar. Ar bhai Jakhar, karnal sa'ab te maafi maang le na te ve iib tere pitthoo sa tang denge.

Sangwan
    Jat Balwan.....Jai Bhagwan

Good that you felt Good...

Dear All,

Chalo Bhai acchaa laga ki aap logon ko bhi acchaa lagaa! You are OK, Im OK.

No, I never got to read that letter. Bhai, ye jyada kissa na chhedo na te tam pitvaoge manne Paro te! And since you liked the episode here is one more.

In VIIIth Std, I had another pen friend named Trevor Pinto. We exchanged regular mails but no photographs. After XIth we got busy in 'Making the Future' and may be forgot about each other. He used to live in Bandra, Mumbai those days. The last time we wrote to each other was in 1975.

Cut to Mar 1994. I was undergoing the Staff College Course at Wellington, Nilgiris (TN) and clearing my desk as the course was ending on 30 Apr. Believe it or not, we 'Fauji's' have one big box for our study material and are also fond of keeping old papers. I found a letter by Trevor Pinto, that I had obviously read, tucked away in a book. I wrote to him on the address hoping for a reply but that reply never came. After nearly two and a half years I received a letter from Trevor's mother and she informed me that Trevor is in New York and that they had changed their residence to Chembur from Bandra. Lo & behold, I got posted to Mumbai in Mar 1997 and the first thing I did was to visit her. An old lady, very affectionate but worried, as her building, which she owned and resided in was under litigation. Some of the litigants were living in that multi story building and were threatning her. Of course, that I sorted out one day when I went in uniform with few soldiers and carbines. Just a show of strength and without telling her because I chose to go to the building when she was in the court.

Then almost after about a year later my door bell rang. As I opened the door I was a couple standing alongwith two pretty daughters. He looked at me and said "Trevor Pinto". I can't tell you the happiness I felt hugging him.

So my dear friends, that is life. Kabhi Khushi, Kabhi Gum. But a real man moves on in life, laughing and also making others laugh!!!

Keep at it.

Regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Malik sir,
    I read both ur incidents regarding pen friends.Sir, first of all i must congratulate u to change the tempo and direction of this thread which was heading towards one more contrversy.U have made this thread worth reading and learning to fromyour worthy experiences.sir, i must say that these mobile phones and computers has taken away the charm of writing and reading letters.I still remember the days when i was in school and the letters my father had written me i still cherish reading them now.Those fartherly advices in the language which a 9 yrs boy could understand really more heart touching now then they were at that time.But still we use to wait for the postmen during lunch time.
    During acedamy days, u know very well sir the letter from home or from girl friends means u had a tough time getting them from sergents.after all that ragda the pleasure of reading those letters were gr8.
    Phone and mobile in particularly have taken that charm out of our life .But nevrtheless i just dont miss a single oppurtunity to write a letter to my friends and loved ones just to live that feeling again.
    anyway thanks alot for sharing the joys of old times sir,
    manjeet
    GOOD JUDGEMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE,EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGEMENT.(EX-RAIST 92-BATCH)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to captmanjeet For This Useful Post:

Thank You

Bhai Nitin,

I found this site today only, (mann gadd gadd ho gaia). its a great service to the community and truly deserve thanks from all the Jats.

Will try to facilitate the cause of Jat Being to the best of my capability.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ashok Kinha

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kinha For This Useful Post:

Good Decision

Quote Originally Posted by ndahiya
    Another example of a message that is ripe for banning when sent to multiple people... I wonder if junta understands this is not a dating site!
    Nitin Ji,

Ram Ram,

I am totally agree with you that these kind of message should not be sent by anybody. It is a good decision.

"WORK HARD, ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY"