Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recent Site Changes - Suggestions

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Dear Mr. Nitin Dahiya, Administor of Jatland,

I have seen from last 3/4 days there are coming some different kind of comments on each other. How much correct and how much right they are I don’t know.
    But one thing I have noticed that you have changed some settings in the site as follows:-
    1. In members' area ---- There are people visited today not visible in the site --- not good - it should be visible - at least we can see who of our friends visited today, so we can be sure to know them more.
    2. One more important is - - you have changed the setting in matrimonial. The photos are not visible in thumbs size as it was earlier, please do it as before.

-----
    Apart from above try to refresh the site by giving the good views here sparing the example of Jat, Jatni, Tau, Hukka, Katda etc , don’t make the site of fools here making the silly laugh at jat community.... we are educated now. By giving these type of satire our goodwill goes down around the world through this site. Some people think that this is their culture, yes culture is rich everywhere, but submitting as a point of foolishness is not recommended at all. I know there will come many replis on this point, but I have to say it.

I request you to make our site more useful rather then to a platform of fools (sorry to say) so no Praveen should leave the site.

Regards.

Ekta

Aay tension nahi lene ka :D. Use your mental filter. Read what you find interesting, and ignore what you dont. Simple. Thats what I do. What seems worthless to you, may be worthwhile for others, and vice-versa. :-)

I really do not understand why are the members so hellbent to moderate the site to their liking. I understand that some posts are really obscene, and the admins do a real good job at it. But we can always infore the rest "bakwaas." Are the days of "free speach" limited?

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules
    Aay tension nahi lene ka :D. Use your mental filter. Read what you find interesting, and ignore what you dont. Simple. Thats what I do. What seems worthless to you, may be worthwhile for others, and vice-versa. :-)

I really do not understand why are the members so hellbent to moderate the site to their liking. I understand that some posts are really obscene, and the admins do a real good job at it. But we can always infore the rest "bakwaas." Are the days of "free speach" limited?

Dear Sumit.

Thanks for all that you said --- I already know that - thanks for your sugessions. But I am worried about the image some are making for we Jats

"But I am worried about the image some are making for we Jats"

Worried???????................better not be.

...hoping to read from Mr. Administrator.

:-)s,
    $umit

Look at it this way. If your actions reflect others wishes, then instead of reflecting yourself, you become and image of others expectations. In simpler words follow your heart and listen to your mind. Do what you think is right. Dont care what others think. As for the Jats. The ones I have come across on this die of the world, are highly educated and very senior members of the society. While other Indians are known for running gas stations and bed and breakfast motels. We are not doing that bad so far. :-) I believe that never stop a thinking mind. Let it go crazy and touch the extremes. If someone didnt dream to fly, we wont have been to the moon. When people get the chance to speak their mind on this site, they bring out their intlectual within. I may or may not agree with everything people have to say, but their horizon of thinking and understanding simply amazes me. I have a weakness for crazy and intelligent people. The rest are just dumb and wannabes.

Login to view details.
    God damn it!!!! i can't stop myself to react on this.

Dear Ms. Ekta,

first things first..you look very pretty in your photograph.which i must say is regardless to wht i am writing below.

Jo chutkala aapney likha hai vo humor section mein hona chahiye tha naa ki general talks mein.

Kyon ki jai "JAT apni JAATNI" ar "TAU apney Hokkey" ney bhool gya to konya taan bajey.

Ar rahi baat katdey ki then i think if observed closely then it is most innocent and fearless animal i have seen, issliye iska naam SUNDOOO hona chiye tha to be very frank per hamara NITIN bhai kuch decent category se hai.

Chaaalo koi baat nahin,i am sure tht we are quite refined by now about this site tht if nothing else then we will definietly smile on ur words.Because nothing is waste in this world.

So please park your thoughts with cool breeze under mango tree in month of april in khet with teekad, nooni ghee and one peetal ka bakhora of seet and must not to miss, muthi gelyaan phodya hor ganthaa ar sooka aam ka achaar.

Had u ever expreinced this abpve mentioned oxford street level 200pound worth of lunch,surely then would have realised the ORGINAL JAAT STYLE.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdeswal

Dear Ms. Ekta,

first things first..you look very pretty in your photograph.which i must say is regardless to wht i am writing below.

Jo chutkala aapney likha hai vo humor section mein hona chahiye tha naa ki general talks mein.

Kyon ki jai "JAT apni JAATNI" ar "TAU apney Hokkey" ney bhool gya to konya taan bajey.

Ar rahi baat katdey ki then i think if observed closely then it is most innocent and fearless animal i have seen, issliye iska naam SUNDOOO hona chiye tha to be very frank per hamara NITIN bhai kuch decent category se hai.

Chaaalo koi baat nahin,i am sure tht we are quite refined by now about this site tht if nothing else then we will definietly smile on ur words.Because nothing is waste in this world.

So please park your thoughts with cool breeze under mango tree in month of april in khet with teekad, nooni ghee and one peetal ka bakhora of seet and must not to miss, muthi gelyaan phodya hor ganthaa ar sooka aam ka achaar.

Had u ever expreinced this abpve mentioned oxford street level 200pound worth of lunch,surely then would have realised the ORGINAL JAAT STYLE.
    Dear Mr Vijay and Sumit,

I knew that and expected the same reply as you all given, and I have already written that many replies will come on that. No comment further . It is you to think or not to think upon. You are the best judge for yourself. But I never like roughness, never , never, it is my veiw on the point, I am not going to rectify any body, my dear.
    Do you think writing in haryanvi khadi boli all understand that, it is like a show of your inteligency.
    Thanks

Login to view details.
    arey bhaai mhaari intelligency ke tai charchey hai...bataan ki jaroorat koni.

however not extolling about anything but our JAAT's raravavis qualities generally serve many a matutinal thoughts for life.Also a pussillanimous and ersatz mindset towards our mother toungue is bound to labilable i guess, but with time.

Ekta

These changes were made due to bandwith and server load issues.

As the site has grown in usage, the server load increased meaningfully due to these features. Also, in the last month, data transfer increased by roughly 40% (part coz of the pics showing with the matrimonials list). Hence we've had to remove these features.

Nitin

Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by eschauhan
    Dear Sumit.

Thanks for all that you said --- I already know that - thanks for your sugessions. But I am worried about the image some are making for we Jats

Dear Ekta,

Very well brought out. It is we, who has to decide what kind of image we want to project to the rest of the world who views our posts on this site. While Freedom of Expression is a very good thing as many members feel, that can come on a different forum called "Time Pass". There is a difference between the serious discussion, professional exchange of views and foolhardiness. Some times I feel whether I am in a right place to discuss my view point. We all love our mother tounge and there is no discussion about that. But we should only practice at a place where others listening also understand. The most unfortunate part of the discussion comes when a member runs out of ideas and argument, he than comes to the conclusion that he just can't agree for he is a "JAT" and that "BRAVE" one and if he agrees to other's view point that would make him either coward or a non Jat.

It is funny to see the discussion being dragged to out of contest subjects by members. The funnier part is that when their attention is drawn to this fact, they simply ignore it and carry on the pretext of "Freedom of Expression"

What you have said carry merit. Hopefully, member will understand your post in letter and spirit it has been posted.

I must say a very good point well brought out. Keep it up.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Fully agreed Sir.

Regards
    Jitender

Quote Originally Posted by ndahiya
    Ekta

These changes were made due to bandwith and server load issues.

As the site has grown in usage, the server load increased meaningfully due to these features. Also, in the lats month, data transfer increased by roughly 40%. Hence we've had to remove these features.

Nitin
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

Dhasuu

arey bhaai mhaari intelligency ke tai charchey hai...bataan ki jaroorat koni.

however not extolling about anything but our JAAT's raravavis qualities generally serve many a matutinal thoughts for life.Also a pussillanimous and ersatz mindset towards our mother toungue is bound to labilable i guess, but with time.
    Vinay
    kato dhasso angreegy likhe se bhai!!!!ek baat te pakki se jinke jaatu samaj nahi aati unke te yo terli angrzee bhi konya palle pade
    capt manjeet

Arrow jatu

as ekta & manjeet were mentioning
    posts will have bad impresstion on people
    if jatu is used on what kind of people?
    all r jats here.
    & i m damn sure no race in the
    world will be intersted in this site.
    take ur own example do u consider to be
    a member of baniya or punjabi site?

Login to view details.

WA Wa

Dear Ms. Ekta,

Teekda, nuni ghee,,,,,,but bakhora kaya hota hei? Wel brght out.

Login to view details.

bakhora- steel glass,vessle used to serve milk/tea or water etc.

bakhora- steel glass,vessle used to serve milk/tea or water etc.

I have seen from last 3/4 days there are coming some different kind of comments on each other. How much correct and how much right they are I don’t know.
    But one thing I have noticed that you have changed some settings in the site as follows:-
    1. In members' area ---- There are people visited today not visible in the site --- not good - it should be visible - at least we can see who of our friends visited today, so we can be sure to know them more.
    2. One more important is - - you have changed the setting in matrimonial. The photos are not visible in thumbs size as it was earlier, please do it as before.

-----
    Apart from above try to refresh the site by giving the good views here sparing the example of Jat, Jatni, Tau, Hukka, Katda etc , don’t make the site of fools here making the silly laugh at jat community.... we are educated now. By giving these type of satire our goodwill goes down around the world through this site. Some people think that this is their culture, yes culture is rich everywhere, but submitting as a point of foolishness is not recommended at all. I know there will come many replis on this point, but I have to say it.

I request you to make our site more useful rather then to a platform of fools (sorry to say) so no Praveen should leave the site.

Regards.

Ekta
    So having said that and knowing fully well that it would be walking a tightrope here (cause the last thing I wanna do is discourage you on your take-off post)...and so will try and tread carefully here (quite difficult to do for a six feet two, 190 pounds Jat with almost two clumsy left feet :D )...
    [Oh and by the way, you know what was really ironic is that you mention about losing the old garb and stepping into the new mordern mantle in one breath, and then in the other breath mentioned something like,'so no Praveen should leave the site'!!! (by the way; she has not gone anywhere...and is very much here enjoying a new lease of life on Jatland!)...
    If anything what I do like about your call is for this site and for everyone to be more assertive and modern pro-active...so Haan, es tarah kae bekaar time paas,'Hi, I am new here'... 'but hey, I am now leaving forever'...'oh no wait!...I am back'....'oh I may leave again' is pointless....cause like you said, the Jat's and Jaatnis of the 21st century hilla dete hain, hill nahee jaate!]

Anyways, coming back to your post; Tumnae changes ki baat kahee, which is well taken I am sure....but consider what drew you here in the first place. It is the good mix of Humor, general discussions and some very serious and thought provoking posts here on this site...

Then why try and ask for everything to be cloaked into one big package that fails to differ or distingusih from the other? You see, all the 'Tau, Fiery Jaatnis, Hukka etc'...are very much part of our local folklore and culture....if in a gathering of Jat's and Jaatnis that wouldn't be discussed then what else?
    Why shy away from a ancient tradition that will forever be part of us and distinguish us from the other great sub-cultures of India?

Talking about something ancient and old, does not neccessarily mean we are going backwards. It actually means that we all (both the young and the senior) can recognize our community's strengths and weaknesses even when we step into the new world stage!
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra

Then why try and ask for everything to be cloaked into one big package that fails to differ or distingusih from the other? You see, all the 'Tau, Fiery Jaatnis, Hukka etc'...are very much part of our local folklore and culture....if in a gathering of Jat's and Jaatnis that wouldn't be discussed then what else?
    Why shy away from a ancient tradition that will forever be part of us and distinguish us from the other great sub-cultures of India?

Talking about something ancient and old, does not neccessarily mean we are going backwards. It actually means that we all (both the young and the senior) can recognize our community's strengths and weaknesses even when we step into the new world stage!
    Thanks Hooda. I wanted to respond here as well....but am too
    wrapped up with work and family.

Frankly, I found this post outrageous and insulting and would have loved
    to speak out my mind here. But thanks for handling it...rather politely,
    I must say...Saved me from being "roud".

[Err yeh 6foot2 aali ke baat thee...bhya karwaan ki socch ra se ke ?
    :p .....]
    Last edited by raj_rathee; September 6th, 2005 at 09:04 PM.

Login to view details.
    My thoughts on the issue are that most of the bulletin boards which are not 'strictly' controlled by Admins are bound to drift from their purpose at one time or the other.
    The only solution is the users in-general should be editing their own post and put that to appropriate categories.
    Sometime I too get confused by reading mails written in 'local' slangs. FYI: I don't understand them very well but somehow figure out what has been written.
    We should not get confused between Haryanvi and Jat. Though most of the time they seem synonymous. But remember "Haryanavi is one of the languages spoken by jaats".
    Until you want to convey your thoughts only to Harayanvi-speaking people it is fine to me (As I will simple ignore these). But if the issue concerns jaat community as a whole, it will be better to avoid the local-slangs to reach broader audience.

Regarding 'Tau-Tai' I think if we can deliver some good and clean humors/ideas through these jat-characters, that would be really great. As they already represent unmistakenable characters from our community. Which way they got portrayed is upto them. They can very well act as out PRs muscots :p .

Anyway these are only my views and should not result in any language-based-war-bashing :-)

Regards.

Ekta

I’m not surprised Ekta since I’ve come across many Jats who share the similar mindset as yours who are ’ashamed’ of communicating in their native language and also few extremes who are ashamed of even disclosing that they are jats and let me tell you I’m ashamed of them and feel sorry for them. That is one of the major reasons that we are losing our old heritage and unable to propagate it down the generations. Wherever you go whatever you become ..must never ever detach from your roots. When I say roots here I mean all our old cultural and traditional heritage and for that matter be it the native language colloquial speech or the slang. They are all very integral part of JAT style and culture.

Let me quote your statement here which is kind of hard for me to swallow:

“try to refresh the site by giving the good views here sparing the example of Jat, Jatni, Tau, Hukka, Katda etc , don’t make the site of fools here making the silly laugh at jat community.... we are educated now”

If education means mere excelling academically then better be uneducated. There is a whole lot of difference in being a literate and educated. Education endows you with knowledge which has such a liberating power, it expands your horizon, your vision, your perspective to see things. And it becomes binding of an educated Jat to recognize their heredity and respect it. Believe me doing that is not fluid and amounts a lot of efforts.

Lemme share my first hand experience with you guys. I’m the kind of person who enjoys speaking our native language and would love to pass it on to my next generation. Now keeping this in mind visualize this episode. My first meeting with a big shot Jat scientist here. Inspite of revering our culture and dialect I was a bit reluctant and hesitant and was using only English as a mode of communication but to my pleasant surprise this gentleman started talking in haryanvi. This is education. No matter how triumphant and accomplished you are you DO NOT forget your roots. His respect grew even more in my eyes.

I do not understand Ekta how come that idea crept into your mind that we are spoiling the image of this site by using these slang and tau/tai examples…these are integral part of Jat identity. That’s how we are distinct from others.

And who says we are not debating on cerebral, intellectual issues which involve rubbing the grey matter up there and I’m delighted to see that there is no dearth of these scholars and great thinkers here on this site.

Chala paad diya Poonam

Quote Originally Posted by poonam
    I’m not surprised Ekta since I’ve come across many Jats who share the similar mindset as yours who are ’ashamed’ of communicating in their native language and also few extremes who are ashamed of even disclosing that they are jats and let me tell you I’m ashamed of them and feel sorry for them. That is one of the major reasons that we are losing our old heritage and unable to propagate it down the generations. Wherever you go whatever you become ..must never ever detach from your roots. When I say roots here I mean all our old cultural and traditional heritage and for that matter be it the native language colloquial speech or the slang. They are all very integral part of JAT style and culture.

Let me quote your statement here which is kind of hard for me to swallow:

“try to refresh the site by giving the good views here sparing the example of Jat, Jatni, Tau, Hukka, Katda etc , don’t make the site of fools here making the silly laugh at jat community.... we are educated now”

If education means mere excelling academically then better be uneducated. There is a whole lot of difference in being a literate and educated. Education endows you with knowledge which has such a liberating power, it expands your horizon, your vision, your perspective to see things. And it becomes binding of an educated Jat to recognize their heredity and respect it. Believe me doing that is not fluid and amounts a lot of efforts.

Lemme share my first hand experience with you guys. I’m the kind of person who enjoys speaking our native language and would love to pass it on to my next generation. Now keeping this in mind visualize this episode. My first meeting with a big shot Jat scientist here. Inspite of revering our culture and dialect I was a bit reluctant and hesitant and was using only English as a mode of communication but to my pleasant surprise this gentleman started talking in haryanvi. This is education. No matter how triumphant and accomplished you are you DO NOT forget your roots. His respect grew even more in my eyes.

I do not understand Ekta how come that idea crept into your mind that we are spoiling the image of this site by using these slang and tau/tai examples…these are integral part of Jat identity. That’s how we are distinct from others.

And who says we are not debating on cerebral, intellectual issues which involve rubbing the grey matter up there and I’m delighted to see that there is no dearth of these scholars and great thinkers here on this site.

Poonam........Ye tabbar kise ke behkaye od sein ar na te kisse baat tei ghane dukhi sein...na tei ghar mei badtei-e chilli na marya kre koe. What You said though is absolute truth. proud of you!
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"