Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Padamshri Master Chandgi Ram no more

Dear All,

master chandgi ram was born in sisai village in 1936,his father's name was ch . maru ram.he was born in jat family of kaliramana gotra.after his matriculation went to jullandhar to do his fine arts diploma.it was here he thought of pursue wrestling.and after this he joined as a drawing teacher,thats why he was known as master ji. there was no looking back from here
    ppl who have seen him wrestling says that he was a magician wrestler.great entertainer .i was fortunate enough to see best of master chandgi ram.being from the same village and then his disciple in rai sports school and then because of close family relations. he was one of the most handsome person i happen to see till date.it was a treat to see him in dhoti kurta and that elegant safa,and he was equally good in his jeans or suite and tie.one could not take off his eyes from him.great communicator,never ever saw him using abusive language.did three hindi films also
    yeaterday at his last rites there were many international wrestlers including great satpal,jagroop,satyvan,kripa shankar , sushil kumar and many more whom i could not recognise.all had one thing to say that they have not seen a more hard working person than him.there has been no other wrestler to match his contibution towords wrestling
    he is the only wreslter to win a arjun award for indian style wrestling ... mitti ka akhara.he was also the first wrestler to win padam shri. his is the only family who gave three bharat kesaris self ,son jagdish,daughter sonika. i still remeber arguinging with him against women werstling,he was the first one to start.before that it was a taboo to even think about it .his conviction was so strong that i left the discussion half way.many years later i realised how worng i was

i am of the view that it was our bad luck that master ji started wrestling very late ..after 20 years of age..even then he defeated the reigning world champion..he was already 34 years of age in 1970 asiad.1972 munich olympics he was 36 and that was a bit late to be contesting at olympics.
    i rember him telling that even if was to be cobbler he would have been the best cobbler in world.
    i can recall atleat 40 years of my life full of master chandgi ram.every moment is full of that institution.he was an institution. my father master kali ram who is just 6 months senior to him..... closest friend of his , both were classfellows, is not talking any thing about him.since yesterday his mum.

My heartfelt condolences to the departed soul. He was really one of the best wrestlers of his time. May Almighty GOD rest his soul in eternal peace.

Bhagwan unki aatma ko shanti de!

May God rest his soul in peace.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    May this great soul rest in peace !!!!!!

bhagwan unki aatam ko shani de...

Master chandgi ram ji amar rahe!!!

Yes, it is the saddest thing to have happened to Master Chandgiramji and his family. Worse, when his daughter wanted to play in the CWG2010, as a shradanjali to her father's dear departed soul, she was denied permission by Mr. Mander the WFI cheif. She took to the streets, suffered humiliation from the can't careless Indian media - that has misquoted her (about sexual charges). I too appealed all the elders, brothers and sisters of our community, but of no avail. The U.S media was in her favor, but that really wudn't help. My thread here, "A proud Jat Wrestler's daughter's shradanjali, goes in vain" was DELETED after being humiliatingly delegated to the "Time Pass section".

What more can I say but pray that Sonika - his daughter, rises & shines, in the USA, where she shall permanently stay. She'll B in California & I stay in Washington DC. I got a cousin in California and shall meet Sonika when I go there...

Sigh.! y shud God favor us Indians...V have hearts of stone and minds like nails. Here, the yanks favor one who's talent and can do something more than others. No wonder Unca Sam rules the world. How else can Kentucky fried chicken come up so well. Its founder was a widower, poor, 70 year old, retired railway coolie and one day he made chicken masala and it tasted unique. The entire neighborhood got together and encouraged him and today, nobody makes chicken like KFC! Yanks believe in if U reward talent, talent grows and the whole society benifits. They believe in Win-Win philosophy. Jealousy is absent here. I think every Indian, who can afford it, must visit USA once in their lives. U'll know Y USA is the HEAVEN ON EARTH. Y India (& South Asia) is pretty much the opposite!. I cud go on and on...but I love India and I know the younger generation and from next general elections onwards, with young Rahul Gandhi as the PM, things will improve leaps & bounds for India. People here are real enthu abt Rahul becoming India's PM.

But it is a tad too late for poor Sonika to win a medal for her dear departed dad in CWG2010. I sure, can empathise with what she must B feeling. She must've expected the whole nation to be on her side in the CWG2010, rooting for her to beat her opponent and win the medal, & B carried on the strong shoulders of her Big Bro Jagdish... and come back to her akhada in a charming procession and place the medal at the feet of the garlanded photo of her immortal father..

Thankfully, sources tell me that she can still play the Asian Games 2010....let's all help her play trials this time atleast...we owe this to her and her father in heaven...& our beloved Nation India on Earth

Devika Ji, I read that thread too...I guess, it was not deleted becuase you were praising Sonika, but because you were marketing for Mr. Venkat. Everyone here knows it and understands it. We all wish good luck for Sonika. I hope you will not start the discussion about Mr. Venkat here otherwise moderator will delete this post too.

My thread here, "A proud Jat Wrestler's daughter's shradanjali, goes in vain" was DELETED after being humiliatingly delegated to the "Time Pass section".
    "Life is what we make it, not what we take it."

When she can't beat a local girl in qualifier then it is day dream to expect a medal at international level.

Devika , Honestly, I ve kind of started disliking Sonika after your mosterous whining and irritating obsessional appeals.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by devikajakhar View Post
    Yes, it is the saddest thing to have happened to Master Chandgiramji and his family. Worse, when his daughter wanted to play in the CWG2010, as a shradanjali to her father's dear departed soul, she was denied permission by Mr. Mander the WFI cheif. She took to the streets, suffered humiliation from the can't careless Indian media - that has misquoted her (about sexual charges). I too appealed all the elders, brothers and sisters of our community, but of no avail. The U.S media was in her favor, but that really wudn't help. My thread here, "A proud Jat Wrestler's daughter's shradanjali, goes in vain" was DELETED after being humiliatingly delegated to the "Time Pass section".

What more can I say but pray that Sonika - his daughter, rises & shines, in the USA, where she shall permanently stay. She'll B in California & I stay in Washington DC. I got a cousin in California and shall meet Sonika when I go there...

Sigh.! y shud God favor us Indians...V have hearts of stone and minds like nails. Here, the yanks favor one who's talent and can do something more than others. No wonder Unca Sam rules the world. How else can Kentucky fried chicken come up so well. Its founder was a widower, poor, 70 year old, retired railway coolie and one day he made chicken masala and it tasted unique. The entire neighborhood got together and encouraged him and today, nobody makes chicken like KFC! Yanks believe in if U reward talent, talent grows and the whole society benifits. They believe in Win-Win philosophy. Jealousy is absent here. I think every Indian, who can afford it, must visit USA once in their lives. U'll know Y USA is the HEAVEN ON EARTH. Y India (& South Asia) is pretty much the opposite!. I cud go on and on...but I love India and I know the younger generation and from next general elections onwards, with young Rahul Gandhi as the PM, things will improve leaps & bounds for India. People here are real enthu abt Rahul becoming India's PM.

But it is a tad too late for poor Sonika to win a medal for her dear departed dad in CWG2010. I sure, can empathise with what she must B feeling. She must've expected the whole nation to be on her side in the CWG2010, rooting for her to beat her opponent and win the medal, & B carried on the strong shoulders of her Big Bro Jagdish... and come back to her akhada in a charming procession and place the medal at the feet of the garlanded photo of her immortal father..

Thankfully, sources tell me that she can still play the Asian Games 2010....let's all help her play trials this time atleast...we owe this to her and her father in heaven...& our beloved Nation India on Earth
    At least respect this thread which is in honor of the great soul!!
    You can write about the KFCs, Yankees, USAs to your heart's content in a new thread or better start something people called personal 'blog' which is free, more resourceful and easily accessible to wider (suitable) readers.

and btw, going by your 'writings' and location, States does not seems to be much of a nation... definitely not the one with proper immigration laws. Just a random thought!!
    Last edited by sunillathwal; September 1st, 2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: My brain farted!!

Quote Originally Posted by devikajakhar View Post
    The U.S media was in her favor, but that really wudn't help.

What more can I say but pray that Sonika - his daughter, rises & shines, in the USA, where she shall permanently stay.
    If you and she is going to permanentaly stay in US why bother about Indian wrestling Fed. and representing India in CWG. Instead Cheer for this girl who would ,most probably, win a medal for us in future Olympics (not only CWG). Finger crossed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pooja Dhanda.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	10596  
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

great person

ver yodha ko sat-sat naman

May his soul rest in peace
    ₪₪₪... Ĵ?*áť:- ĵųšŧ åŝ ą ŧıģęŕ ...₪₪₪