Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: COSTLY JUSTICE- OF A MARTYR WIDOW

COSTLY JUSTICE- OF A MARTYR WIDOW

Martyr’s widow gets pension after 30 years

Ambala, November 3
    It took more than 30 years for the widow of a gunner to get full pension, thanks to the sincere efforts of the recently set up Kharga Ex-servicemen Helpline (KEH).

Jawan Sant Singh Nagra, of 39 Medium Regiment, made a supreme sacrifice while fighting the enemy in the Chhamb-Jaurian Sector of Jammu and Kashmir during the 1965 Indo-Pak war.

The KEH, established at the Military Hospital here under the aegis of Headquarters Two Corps.

Ms Sant Kaur though had lost all the hopes, got the arrears, running into lakhs of rupees, through the efforts of KEH.

When her husband took to martyrdom, Sant Kaur was just 18-year-old. She had been living the life of a recluse and did not remarry.

She said after strenuous efforts, she was granted family pension, which was divided between her mother-in-law Vir Kaur and herself. Even her share of the pension was being drawn by her father-in-law. “I was being treated as a domestic maid to clean utensils and other household chores.”

Her tale of woes reached a climax when she was disowned and turned out of the house by her in-laws by denying the share of her late husband in the agricultural land and other property.

It was her elder sister who gave her shelter. She adopted the son of her sister.

The KEH, according to its Director Lieut-Col S.J. Singh, took the case of the widow with highups and succeeded in getting her full pension.

Col S.J. Singh said since its inception in March this year, the KEH had received about 2,700 cases of pension and other problems from the widows of non-commissioned officers and officers. Many cases related to widows of such ex-servicemen, who had served in Burma during the Second World War. “We have sought records of such cases.” UNI

DHARMPAL
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

well dear dharampal ji.....if u plz dont mind then ................i wanna ask u one thing........from last few days i am noticing that u r daily choosing any topic from tribune or watever and copy from there and paste it here........y so......i didn't get that?...............pls tell me and i am again telling u that dont mind anything......coz its just a question which strikes in my mind and i ask u....

Kindest Regards!

vikas

Dear VIkas.
    Yes most of the post here are copy-paste from some where.
    Mostly joke you and other write is also copy and paste
    some are forwarding e mail from friends.
    Some are coping old joke.
    Some are just coping what i wrote 2 years ago.

SO YAH DUNIYA- SABHI CHALTA HAE.
    I pick up what i like and may help other in some way.
    But if you or any one do not like simply ignore it.
    There is plenty useless thing here. But this is not my job to tell.
    I WRITE WHAT I FEEL RIGHT- END OF STORY.
    IF IT HURT ANY ONE- DO NOT READ.

DEAR VIKAS
    I am only high lighting a very important social issue- JUSTICE TO WAR WIDOW.

Why are you accusing me for copy & Paste .?

When you and every one are doing COPY& PASTE

You highjacked my Topic. Which will benefit our community.
    What is your problem. I can not understand.
    I am very cool and simple & helping person.
    Every one is equal here.
    Some time people killed the good messenger & well wisher for wrong reason.
    Let us all fight the evils and more together for better future.
    Cheers

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Nov 04, 2003 01:43 p.m.):
    Dear VIkas.
    Yes most of the post here are copy-paste from some where.
    Mostly joke you and other write is also copy and paste
    some are forwarding e mail from friends.
    Some are coping old joke.
    Some are just coping what i wrote 2 years ago.

SO YAH DUNIYA- SABHI CHALTA HAE.
    I pick up what i like and may help other in some way.
    But if you or any one do not like simply ignore it.
    There is plenty useless thing here. But this is not my job to tell.
    I WRITE WHAT I FEEL RIGHT- END OF STORY.
    IF IT HURT ANY ONE- DO NOT READ.
    Dear Dharampal jee,

i told u twice that plz dont feel bad........but u cant control that........i know that most of the things r here copy paste only (including my jokes as well)........but wat i want to ask is this that what is ur idea behind this..........i mean i find it strange that daily same thing like details from newspapers is hapening........so i thought may be some logic is there behind that.......so thats y asked u ........and u told me that its for helping others.........ok i got my answer ..thats it!!!...........so i dont think that ki ismain bura manne ki koi baat honi chahiye............main to aap se age main bhut chota hun............jab chote badon se sawaal karte hain to badon ka pyaar se jawaab dena chahiye ki nahi?.........well neway.......my idea was not to hurt u but just to get my answer only.............neway i am also like u only.........coz I ALSO WRITE WHAT I FEEL RIGHT.......so jo mujhe laga maine likh diya........and i dont have any regrets for that...coz i haven't done anything wrong.........but even then if it hurts u then just ignore it........

Kindest Regards!

vikas

dear dharampal jee..........agar aap meri profile dhyaan se dekhenge to aapko pata chal jayegaki main is site per sirf 1 mahina hi purana hun...........so thats y i dont know ki aaj se 6 mahine pehle kaun se joke aaye the aur kaun se nahi....................

vikas

SAMAJH GAYA SIR JEE........BILKUL SAMAJH GAYA........!!!!!!!!!

DEAR VIKAS
    I ONLY HIGH LIGHT THE ISSUES WHICH EFFECT JATS MOST.
    MY 1438 post-entry speak itself my messages.
    For example writing it here- If it help one martyr family- my job is done.
    If one life is save by writing here-
    DO NOT DRINK DARU & DRIVE ON ROAD.
    JOB IS WELL DONE.
    BUT I THOUGHT yOU ? me FOR COPY &PASTE.
    WHEN YOU SALUTE OTHER WHO JUST DOING THAT.
    MAE TO MAJAK KAR RAHA THA KI- COPY PASTE KARNY MAE AUST, VALY NO 1 HAN.
    SURAJ VAHA 10 HOURS PAHALY NIKALTA HAI.
    BAKI JOKE LIKHO KHUS RAHO- per yah jokes yaha per har 2 months mae same han.
    JATUU JOKE KI TO BOOKS MILATI HAN- KAMI NAHI HAI.
    LIKIN KUCH POSITIVE HONA CHAHIYE. JOKE TIME PASS ky liye OK . THIS IS NAGATIVE aspect-
    JISANY JOKE KA CHASKA PAD GAYA NA- VAH BHAI SARI UMAR JOKE HI SUNTA SUNATA RAHATA HAE. NO PROGRESS.
    THIS IS MY EXP & ADVICE
    CHEERS

Dudee Sahib,
    You are the eldest on this site
    Regards
    Understand = Under + Stand

LAMBA SAHIB THANKS.
    Koe bat na bachoo ko majak karny do. Kush raho. BAKI COPY - PASTE KA JIKAR NAHI HAN.
    CARRY ON GOOD WORK.
    This is only information about Ex-servicemen help line. 2700 cases of exservicemen & war widows are pending.
    This is my point & concern to high light the war -widows problems.
    Every body is welcome to say for or against the heading- justice for martyr ,s widow.
    and request all please do not take personal- panga with me or any one.
    This issue is close to my heart.
    All Q,s- jokes are welcome at right place.
    Here only positive suggestions and point of views.

REGARDS & CHEERS
    JAIHIND

Dear Dudee Uncle, Lamba Uncle, and Vikas Bhai,

The discussion here has probably overshadowed the actual issue.
    Anyway I hope the things got right now.

Vikas Bhai, The main purpose of the discussion board is to put some issues and get the idea of others. If you don't find that you have some interest in that you can skip that. It is not mendatory to comment on a topic if you have opened it.

Dudee Uncle is putting his passion, by picking up some mind buggling articles and putting them in front of us. Probably you read tribune. But I don't and really thank him for selecting those articles for us. I hope he'll continue it for us, his passion, and social reforms.

DEAR JITANDER
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH 100% Agree with you.
    Here is a another success story.

Sepoy gets pension after 15-yr struggle
    Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, November 5
    After fighting for 15 years to get his pension, a disabled soldier had to wait for yet another year to get his dues released despite orders of the Punjab and Haryana High Court. It was only after he threatened to file a contempt of court against the pension authorities that things moved.

Sepoy Om Parkash, who makes his living as a vegetable vendor, received his pension last week. A resident of Ambala had been boarded out of service 1978 after he sustained injuries in an accident attribute to military service. He was serving with the Punjab Regiment. His disability was assessed at 60 per cent and he was entitled to disability pension only. He was not awarded service pension as he had served only for a short period.

In February 1987, his disability pension was stopped without assigning any reason. He took up the matter with the Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), but things did not make any headway. Thereafter he decided to move the High Court. In October 2002, the High Court granted him relief, directing the authorities concerned to restore his disability pension.

Despite the court’s orders, things remained standstill. In May 2003, the Adjutant General’s Branch at Army Headquarters as well as the Records office of the Punjab Regiment wrote to the Controller of Defence Accounts (CDA), Allahabad, that government sanction for the implementation of the court order had been received and that the CDA should do the needful.

When no response was received from the CDA even a few months thereafter, Om Parkash approached the Ex-servicemen’s Helpline at Chandi Mandir a fortnight ago. The helpline wrote a letter to the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts, Allahabad, stating that the Adjutant General’s Branch had issued clear instructions regarding the payment of disability pension to Om Parkash at the rates applicable for 60 per cent disability for life with effect from February 1987, but he had not received it despite all efforts.

The letter further stated that the delay in implementing the directive of the high court made it a case of contempt of court. Things moved at lightning speed and his pension, along with arrears was restored within days.

CHEERS

DEAR ALL
    HERE IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF COMMUNITY HELP.
    When SIKH JAT CAN UNITE - DO WONDERFUL SERVICE TO COMMUNITY.
    MESSAGE IS CLEAR WHY NOT HINDU JATS ?
    STOP LEGS PULLING AND DO SOME GOOD DEEDS- KARMAS.

Ex-servicemen’s cell comes to aid of war widow
    Tribune News Service

SAS Nagar, November 5
    The local chapter of the Ex-servicemen’s Grievances Cell has come to the help of a 1971 war widow struggling to get possession of 10 acres of land from the Punjab Government for the past 27 years.

According to Lt-Col S.S. Sohi (retd), president of the cell, the widow, Mrs Balwant Kaur, a resident of Patiala and wife of the late Havildar Kehar Singh of 9 Sikh Regiment, is running from pillar to post to get 10 acres of land possession allotted to her by the Punjab Government. Havildar Kehar Singh had sacrificed his life in J&K (Leepa Valley) on December 6, 1971 during war.

In a letter to the Director, Punjab Sainik Welfare Directorate, Chandigarh, Lt-Col Sohi has given details of the allotment of land to the war widow stating that she was allotted land in the riverbed of Churwal village (Ludhiana), which she refused and requested for the allotment of a useable piece of land in Patiala district. In 1997, she was allotted 10 acres of land, which was and still is in the possession of villagers, stated Lt-Col Sohi. The matter was almost solved with the intervention of the Chief Minister but nothing happened after that, he added.

The Ex-servicemen’s Grievances Cell, Mohali, has said that the ESM helpline number at Chandi Mandir is 2589624 and Mohali Veteran’s Polyclinic telephone number is 2273534.

Dear Dudee ji: Please do not mind the utterings of the younger generation. Each generation has its own set of standards to go by. I do not think Vikas meant any disrespect. Please keep up the good work and keep posting as lots of readers on this site are benefiting from your valuable history lessons. Respect has to be earned and you have already accomplished that. I sent you couple of emails within the last fortnight and they all came undelivered. Please let me know your direct email address. Thanks. Ram S. Arya

hello everybody,

thaks Mr. Arya for understanding me, u r rit that i dont have any intensions to give a disrespect to Mr. dudee.......i respect him a lot as he is older and wiser than me , infact i read all his articles and also liked them as well........but the only thing is this that something strikes in my mind.....so i asked him.....thats it!!!...........but regarding my query first he misunderstood me......but now i am happy that he gives his proper explanation regarding his posts........i usually asked lots of questions from my father also.......but that doesn't mean that i didn't respect him.........so its my request to all the members that pls try to understand the questions properly and then answer them.......but in any case if my question is wrong or the way in which i ask that is wrong then pls give me suggestions that i am doing wrong instead of.........

take care all !!!

vikas

dear dudee ji..........

aapne kaha ki aapne election ladna hai.......lekin election ladne ke liye to bhut patience chahiye........gali-2 main jakar logon ki museebaton ke bare main sunna padta hai..........unki problems hal karni padti hain.......unki haan main haan milani padti hai....lekin agar aap hum bachchon ki jara si baat ka bura maanjaoge to kaise chalega?.........

pls try to understand me

Regards!

vikas

Dear Jitender bhai,

if u pls read my post again, then u will come to know that i neved said that i am not liking Dudee ji's topic.........but only wanna clear my point........

neway thanx for ur suggestion also.

take care !

vikas

Hi! Vikash Bhai,
    Its good to learn that you speak of your mind. Would you please share your learning from this episode?
    You are right when you asked that queries of youngers deserve some love. My dear its not an one way traffic, the same query should do respect the elders. You are old enough to have responsibility of your behaviour.
    Simply saying 'please donot mind' does not work in the abscence of supporting attitue. How will you feel if someone attack you instead of contributing on the topic posted by you? The discussion forum is to have feed back from dear members and posting the material is much better than reccomanding some news paper.
    Personally I think, we all jats are done with fighting. We have fought more than enough. About 1500 jats on a single platform is a rare opportunity. Lets make some constructive use of our time, frankness and energy.
    The floor is your's.
    Self Matters

Dr. Narender Dudee (Nov 05, 2003 11:47 p.m.):
    Hi! Vikash Bhai,
    Its good to learn that you speak of your mind. Would you please share your learning from this episode?
    You are right when you asked that queries of youngers deserve some love. My dear its not an one way traffic, the same query should do respect the elders. You are old enough to have responsibility of your behaviour.
    Simply saying 'please donot mind' does not work in the abscence of supporting attitue. How will you feel if someone attack you instead of contributing on the topic posted by you? The discussion forum is to have feed back from dear members and posting the material is much better than reccomanding some news paper.
    Personally I think, we all jats are done with fighting. We have fought more than enough. About 1500 jats on a single platform is a rare opportunity. Lets make some constructive use of our time, frankness and energy.
    The floor is your's.
    Dear Narender Jee,
    now thats what i call a perfect way of making things understandable to our young blood by you people....i really appreciate that thing.........this is all what we need from our elder generation, that if we do something wrong, they teach us that how we have to proceed , what the way we must choose?........u asked me that wat i learn from this.........is that my question to dharampal jee was not wrong but the way in which i asked question to him was wrong, he is older to me but i asked my query in the sense like i thro a stone on him........yup i admit that was my fault.........but in the meantime again one thing comes in my mind......that the thing which u understand very well and explained to me ........if it was done by dharampaljee also then i got my point so early.........isn't it?....i respect him alot but few thing i really find strange that the lines by mr. dharampaljee like
    *"TU SARDARA KY KU PICHH PADA SS_ TERI KY JHHOYI CHOR LI- ?"*
    *Mae to bhai ELECTION ladana ky Chakar mae hu Isliye social- educational- drink drive- HISTORY- MARTYRS ki STORY LIKH RAHA HU ?
    SAMAJH GAYA KKKKKKKKKK?*
    ..........now i am asking u mr. narender jee that this wat u call a proper way to make clear things to ur youngers..........frankly speaking these kind of word we use when two same age youngsters are talking(i mean same age)...........and other line by him to Mr. Lamba is*Koe bat na bachoo ko majak karny do*......can anybody pls tell me here that in all my posts where i made fun of mr. dharampal.......never!!!........then y?...neway.........thanx very much narender jee for ur suggestion to me........

Kindest Regards!

vikas

Hi! Vikas Bhai,
    I am glad for you for two reason:
    1) You got my message right way.
    2) You are not in a denial.
    Commiting a mistake is not a big deal, everyone does but accepting it is what matters most and thats how we learn our lessons.
    Tau jee's responce to me was as per newton's law. I am not claiming that was best, could have been better.
    Its all about the choices we make. We can choose our behaviour but the consequences we have to accept.
    Thanks for providing this learnig opportunity. I really appreciate your sharing and positive attitude.

Cheers,
    Self Matters