Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Jats as the most backward community

Dear Mr. Dabas, I didn't question anybody's contribution to Jats and you don't have to mention your contribution to Jats to make your argument and justify your point of view. You chose to do so but that doesn't make it stronger. As far as contribution to Jats is concerened, I or my family or my relatives may or may not have done anything, so, I would refrain from spilling those beans. I don't think that is either a point of discussion or a criterion to discuss the issue at the core of this thread.

Non-competence is the wrong and illogical argument for reservation. That won't fly. Nothing ideal about it. That was never a basis and I don't think that SC/ST reservation is a proof that SC/ST are incompetent and other castes are smarter and competent. Reservation is about getting representation, getting a chance to participate, and share in the system.

What Jats should think is that the pie is already split and they also want part of it. And yes, they must get the part of the pie. However, Jats need to make the logical case based on the "criterion" the pie is being split. Jats have to show that they fit the criterion, and I believe that shouldn't be hard to make based on the history the self-styled upper caste have written---other than the lotere part of course.

Jats having the fear of getting labelled OBC to not participate is silly.

Simple straight and great post from Sanjeev and S dabas ...

I think you both are on the same side and think that jats must go for reservation ..

That is the bottom line..

We want a uninamous decision of jats atleast on a Jat plateforum form so we must address the objections of those brothers who are against it find and out their reasons for this so that we are united on such a vital issue for our coming generations...

Hi Vijay

Let us not digress our attention from the main thrust of our discussion..

Which is whether we should go for it or not...

Now you seems little in dilemma on this aspect..

When you say that I am against it...
    And we must belive in might of jats as despite no jat leaders supporting it we got it in rajastah. OK...

well when there is a perfect state when equal opportunities exist for all sections than it is most ideological not to go for reservations ......

However when there are uneqal opportunities for our younger generations who are little disadvantaged as other similar groups are getting it than will it not be little strange to say no we don't want reservation for our younger brother let them peril on their own....

Will it not be more reasonable to provide them same ground as other similar placed groups as gujjar yadav sunar etc are already having.

Secondly I got that you are hopeful that govt. will automatically give it fearing our might and political clout...

Now Vijay let us be practical and don't downplay the bitter struggle of common jats of rajasthan via various forms as Jat Mahasabha and others..

And if Govt has given it out of fear for jat political clout than why till today..

There is not one JAT CM for rajasthan despite of largest population of jats living there ,please don't tell of Vasundara Raje who is not even living with his jat husband.

Vijay what we need to day is clearcut and practical approach for our community not impractical approach that wil lead us no where.

I hope you will understand and at the end we are going to have a name count of jatlanders for and against it ,I hope you will be there in for, for reservation but only if truley convinced otherwise I along with others will be with you in against group if you convince us to the contrary.
    Last edited by narenderkharb; September 17th, 2006 at 08:17 AM.

As per todays news instead of taking any step back the govt.is planning to further hasten the process of quota and reservations in all education institute .

Earlier the reservation was restricted to govt. and govt. added institution now it is to be implemented in all private and other institutes which were earlier outside the scope of quota regime in this winter session of parliament itself .

That means not to say about struggle at employment stage you will be thrown out at the very elementary stage of getting the reqired qualification to think of a struggle afterwards....

Now to those persons who have confusion regarding this as Col Saheb I say there are only two options left as the third to just wait and watch it happening is rather a foolish step in the interst of this community of ours....

We should oppose it by public demonstration or by peaceful nonviolent ghandian moves ......or

We should fight hard to secure the future of our younger generations who have been placed at a disadvantaged state when similarly placed groups have been included and they have been left behind,. a fight for justice for the future of jat students , unemployed youths and others.

Feed back from all seniors as RK ,COL Saheb ,Arya ji,Dev Dahiya ji and others expected..in addition to younger brigade of opponents of reservation for jats..

please be brief and straigt forward...

However if you disagree you can give your reasons.

No reservation

I personally donot see any point in going for getting reservation for Jats on cast basis.

Because..

-By that way we are supporting the current cast based reservation policy which is not justfied

-we should rather oppose the overall reservation policy and strenthen the hands of those students who are opposing it.

-the current situation can lead to any where, if the anti rservation movement takes it strenth then it can be possible that poll politics may fail.

-reservation, if any, is only justified to some extent if it is on economic basis.

But we have to help the lower casts get up from there current state and we have to make sure that govt brings some plan to help the kids of economically backwad families get educated.
    Last edited by shamshermalik; September 17th, 2006 at 01:35 PM.

Dear Vijay i allready said in my post that am not that good at history, wot i mentioned was todays scenerio where jats and rajputs are considered on a equal platform in a sense & maybe its the after effect of the great movement u mentioned about.

sanjeev bhai ji let me make it very clear i didnt questioned you for your contributions and i my self said i havent done anything ever of this sort but wot i meant was thats its about time we all (not only u or me) should relaise these facts and try n work for our community, might aswell in this case its supporting the idea of Jat Reservation.

Dr malik ji, i do agree with your noble thought that there should not be any reservation at all in this country or if its there it should be on the basis of econimical background but the sad part is the political class of this country will never let it happen and no where in near future(atleast 20 years) one is expecting that thing to be implemented, so a better idea according to me is Jat's should have reservation benefit, lets be practical and try and workout something benefecial for the community from the current scenerio.
    Last edited by trueblueindian; September 17th, 2006 at 04:19 PM. Reason: content

We must get it in any case

If the reservation is given on the economic basis, most of Jat any way will get it. As Narendar has pointed out somewhere that most of the Jat population still lives in the villages and the only source of Income is agriculture. The situation of farmers has never been good in India. education has become very expensive, and not everyone can afford it. no power(electricity) is available when needed. bache kya mombatti me padhenge? and there are many more disadvantages of living in villages as far as the education is concerned.

so, to compete with those who do not have all these disadventages, we definitly need reservation.

Misunderstanding !!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevm View Post
    Dear Captain Pawan Kalkal (sorry, usually I don't like to post personally addressed posts, but this time I am obligated to),

Calm down. Calm Down. Don't jump to the "guns" yet, please. It just happenned that your post was before mine. I wasn't even replying to anyone's post. I am not even aware that you used the term "creamy layer". Did you write the arcticle about the "creamy layer" in one of the papers (I forget which one was it, HT, or IE?) posted sometime ago in here, that's what I was referring to, ok. I can hazard a guess that you "probably" missed my point.

There was no mention of you or anyone else, so, not sure where the question of personal attack comes from? There was no mention of stop excercising your "freedom of expression right" either. We both have done that, right?

No collisions, please. Sorry, you don't like my "language standard", but you can always exercise your "freedom to ignore right" right?

Believe me, I am not in the bussiness of supplying "Jat Certificates", it is the God who gives that.

Reservation or No Reservation, God bless Jats!!!
    Sanjiv Bhai,

It was really a misunderstanding as I also used the term'creamy layer' but nowhere in a paper to which you referred.Since you posted your views just after my post ,I took it as a question on my identity itself.

Anyway mistake was mine to jump the gun !! My apologies for the same....:o

Bhai ke karan Jat khoon hai tagaje tai ubaal kha jya hai Jyaen tai aapne logaan ke sabte ghane pange rah hain. Hope I've clarified myself .......??
    RamRam,
    Capt Pawan Kalkal
    "Quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamshermalik View Post
    I personally donot see any point in going for getting reservation for Jats on cast basis.

Because..

-By that way we are supporting the current cast based reservation policy which is not justfied

-we should rather oppose the overall reservation policy and strenthen the hands of those students who are opposing it.

-the current situation can lead to any where, if the anti rservation movement takes it strenth then it can be possible that poll politics may fail.

-reservation, if any, is only justified to some extent if it is on economic basis.

But we have to help the lower casts get up from there current state and we have to make sure that govt brings some plan to help the kids of economically backwad families get educated.
    please make your stand clear. whether you want to elevate the lower castes or the economocally poor people?

you are confused.

However, the ground realities are that all your good dreams have been set aside.

Reservations have already been implemented on caste basis whatever the reasons are!

Even if you try hard you can not stop the 80% backward people of the country. The anti-reservationists are only less than 20% people. And for your kind information its vote politics. The pro-reservanists are rather demanding 80% reservation n I'm sure that you really can not stop them by whatever means you have!

I again repeat the question (rather the answere is also very clear untill you deliberately close your eyes, due whatever reasons or selfish interests at the cost of your coming generations) that Jats are the most affected community who are at the border. Their struggle (n not decision) in right direction at this moment will decide their future the kind of which was never decided before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least for the last several centuries!!!!!!!!

When VP Singh dismissed Devi Lal he had clear perception in mind that what happened when earlier PM (or PM maker Charan was dismissed). He really knew what makes Jat PM repeatedly inspite of all education or lack of it. He did not dismiss Devi Lal like Charan Singh was dismissed but he hammered a permanent blow on the phenomenon that brings repeatedly Jat into power.
    Last edited by sktewatia; September 17th, 2006 at 10:03 PM.

Jat Reservation

Hello,
    Respected Dr. S. K. Tewatia vbmenu_register("postmenu_114868", true); ji

very true,i am 100% agree with your view's what u share till now in this
    thread.

people are so exited and they don't want to listen reality rather then they want to stick with their own words always,

My points are(just repeating Dr.S.K. Tewatia's shahab's words)

1.first of all forget financial condition reservation,it will never happen in india
    and practically it is impossible in indian conditions or if
    u realy agaist reservation then financial reservation also wrong
    instead of reservation govt. should support them to gain education help them financialy(good/free/scolership) to achieve good education but none of indian provide reservation.

2.U fight for finish the reservation,agar app main dum hain lado lekin itna asan nahi hain in 1947 reservatin was 10 % and for 10 years only,
    then 15+7=21 %,then mandal ayog came 27 % given to OBC total around 50 %,khoob log jal jal kar mare jato ne bhi khoob virodh kiya kya kuch hila Govt. ka,abhi IIT,IIM sabhi topmost jagah reservation diya,khoob virodh hua but finaly kya hua,aur anne wale 1 se 2 sal main private sector main bhi reservation anne wala hain,kuch sates main reservation 70 to 80 % tak pahuch gaya hain,Andhra Pradesh govt. ne 5% reservation muslims ko bhi de diya hain,matlab anne wale time main reservation aur badega and nobody will be able to stop that,aur koi bhi sarkar isse kabhi katam bhi nahi kar sakti(Akhir Vote chahiye),reservation wale jayada ho jayege aur nahi wale kam TAB KISKI AWAZ suni jayegi.
    SO JATS can not finish the reservation but if they fight they can take the reservation after that it is up to u,U apply for General or OBC whatever u like

3.OBC reservation lene se koi backward nahi ho jata,jo jaisa hai waisa hi rahega,kya rajasthan ke JAT reservation ke bad Backward ho gaye hain wo waise hi hain unko OBC ka benifit jarur mila hain. aur ye hi dhoon sawar rahi na jato par ki hum forward hain hum forward hain humhe reservation nahi chahiye to ek din common jat jarur mara jayega,paise walo ka to main kah nahi sakta(kahte hain na rashi jal jayegi lekin bal nahi jayega,wo kar rakha hain hum logon ne).

Aur ek bat kahna chahuga bahot ache aur padhe likhe samjdar log is site ke member hain lekin sayad hi koi thread hoga jaha ek dusre par comment na karte ho,u people just share your views don't answer(comment) others post everybody has his views,we should respect eveyone,bahot bar acha nahi lagta bhaiyo main aisa dekh ke,(app logon ke samne bacha hoon ho sakta hain faltu ki bat likh di ho mafh kar dena)

Lightbulb Here are my thoughts...

Though every educated and socially responsible person would detest any reservations which our corrupt politicians are thumping on the country, we have to make some decisions practically. The only problem is that we the educated mass are scared of taking risks by doing demonstrations or trying to fight goondaism and corrupt government policies as we have our jobs to do and family to take care of so everyone's scope of fighting is limited to his own family and immediate circle.

The irony is that most of the general mass would say something else while discussing within peers (viz. detesting reservations) but practically everyone wants a share of the pie as there is effectively no choice left to us. I will just give a simple example : Suppose there is a group of hungry and poor people with no money or job and you are one of them. If one of them steals some food, some would support him and eat the food while your conscience would stop you as its stolen. But eventually you would be left hungry while others would satiate there hunger by being part of the mass though unwillingly. Current Reservation is almost similar to this situation. Even though we hate this corrupt policy, when we see that others are taking advantage of it, we think that it would be better to benefit from the same rather than being idealistic as there is very few percentage who are on the other side and can't fight directly with 80% ppl taking advantage of the situation.

In view of this, I believe it would be ok to include Jats in OBC so that atleast the actually deserving poor jat villagers don't get left behind while gujjars and other castes take advantage of it. But at the same time, we who have got oppurtunity to be educated and fairly well off shouldn't send our next generation as part of OBC quota. Let them compete in general quota. But at the same time, we need to constantly try to ward off this evil by gradually changing the pysche of the general public.

I would say that Jan Jagriti organisation should try to play a larger role than just educating the villagers. Many of us have links in media. We should be part of anti-reservations demonstrations and highlight through Media that even though we may get advantage of the reservation, we don't want to be part of it as it will only kill our country. We need to generate awareness among the masses and ask them to detest such politicians who are ruining our country. Slowly and steadily, we should include more and more of educated people in Jan Jagriti including Non-Jats and probably make it a political party in future which is totally void of the unethical ppl. It should not be too tough atleast we can try to make a step forward.

I am sure that many of us (including me) want to change India's situtation by not just having discussions among ourselves but really make a difference but our current life makes it difficult and the lack of choice of good political parties. we can't just leave our jobs and jump in but if our strengh grows, we have money backup from like-minded big businessmen we may actually be able to achieve this.

I don't know if I am expecting too much or saying some unpractical things but this is what I have been thinking. Rest is all in gods hand how soon he wants India to be better
    What if God was one of us...?

No reseration...but if any only on economic basis

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    please make your stand clear. whether you want to elevate the lower castes or the economocally poor people?

you are confused.

However, the ground realities are that all your good dreams have been set aside.

Respected Tewatia Ji,

By lifting lower caste, I mean giving them a better and acceptable social status as they are human being too. We have to take out the things like untouchability from the society. We have to make them feel that they are human beings like us. If we can break these social bonds, then lot of the lower cast people who are economically weak and cannot even get their kids educated will tomorrow support our stand of reservation on economic basis. Most of the lower class people are not happy with this reservation policy as most of them donot have sufficient money to get their kids educated and even if few kids do get educated to some extent, then they donot get Job because the jobs are taken by the kids of old established lower cast families who are enjoying the benifits of reservation for decades.

As you have mentioned 80 % of population is pro-reservation, then we have to see who among these 80% can be with us and there are many among them who really feel that reservation should be on economic basis.

There are economically poor families in each and every cast but there are some casts which are delibrately made poor socially. Todays high cast people can take orders from their lower cast officials but donot let the same cast illitrate poor people sit on their CHARPAI,

Untill and unless we donot bridge this social gap, the vote politics is not going to end.
    Last edited by shamshermalik; September 18th, 2006 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    Dear Col Saheb
    Now col saheb please ponder and than give me clear answers.....

Are jobs and oppertunities are offered and cornered on the basis of talent ..
    The answer to your question is NO. But then that is the unfortunate part. One of the reason is the reservation itself.
    Do all the inhabitants of our nation have equal oppertunities.
    Again the answer is NO. That is what we need to create. Unfortunately we have wasted six decades in providing reservation rather than creating equal opportunities for all. We don't see beyond our nose. For our immidiate gains we have corrupted the system which at times looks beyond repair. But then if we feel that it is beyond repair, it will never be repaired. We have spoiled the system for 60 years, let us not expect a magic in six months or six years that it will go away. But what ever times it takes, that would be from the day we start cleansing the system. Earlier we do better it is.

Do you suggest people whether living in rural areas dalits adivasis or poorer people have less talent than those people with better access to means of influence.
    For talent, answer is NO. However the people from the rural areas needs to be given exposure to the latest in the world at real time along with the basic facilities (like some members have mentioned about electricity and educational infrastructure) so that they can compete with their counter part living in urban areas on an equal plateform. Imaging a person from OBC or SC/ST living in village and an upper caste person living in village. Don't we have this kind of situtation. It is precisely for this reason, I am opposed to reservation based on the caste system.

I believe almost every person will agree that rural and other disadvantaged sections are not less talented than those peole who can influence right from education of their childern till their placement ,is there an iota of doubt?

Now what these people should do wait till the government provide infrastrucure and universities in rural areas etc
    Again what about those management which will put these affluent sections again managing oppertunities there.

So basic point is unequalities among people have reserverd oppertunities for certain groups and reservation is a mean to dreserve these already reserved oppertunities.

SO IT SHOULD BE CALLED DERESERVATION RATHER THAN RESERVATION.

Now we come to mode of reservation there can be better ways more just than present and RK Hegde formula is best but shall we wait till best formula is proposed.

Shall we spurn oppertunities for our future younger generations till the perfect pacakge offered.
    Shall we allow our young people to suffer till govt.improves infrastructure ,is this what you suggest?

What is the government? It is the group of people whom we elect. How many times we have asked these people for personal favor? Almost every one is looking for personal favor rather than community work. How many times peopel have asked their elected representatives to give a balance sheet of the funds allotted for the constituency. Instead of doing that we give them the money to get easy postings, out of turn electric and phone connections and so on. We all have some of our relatives who are involved in the business of corruption. How many times have we rediculed them? The problem is that we have learned to live in our comfort zone. So long it does not affect me, it is OK, syndrom has to change for us to see any good thing happening. We have learned to follow the path of least resistance, for that is comfortable.
    The fact of matter is "Reservation" of any kind is wrong. We did not like the Notices on the restaurants which read "Indians and Dogs" are not allowed. What was that. Reservation for the Britishers. Are we not doing the same thing in our independent nations where we are creating classes among the population.
    Let us face the truth. It may not happen in my life time, but we need to unite against reservation, rather than joining it. Let us make every one understand the logic behind it and convince them. Not an easy task, but all good things are difficult. Unless we try we would never know whether or not we could do it.

If you can clear picture bit more regarding this ...

Cheers
    Narender Kharb
    I hope I have made my stand clear. You want to give reservation, give on the basis of the opportunities and economic strength. Give them the money and facilities, don't give them undue advantage in a competition either for job or for admission in any institution. That is unfair to others who don't have the benefit of reservation.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

Didn't read most of the posts. Just skimmed a few...

I think if you are a policy maker, Col. Tev's stand is the right one.
    Reservations are wrong. Economic help etc. for those most in
    need ...etc...would be the right way to go.

On the other hand, if you are just another desi trying to get ahead
    in life you should try to get every advantage you can given the
    existing system. In that case, given that reservations are there,
    we should find a way of getting on the bandwagon. It would be
    foolish to sit around being an idealist. Idealism is for fools. Usse log bhuke
    marte hain.

Bottom line, take advantage of the system as much as possible. That
    is what smart people do. If you don't like the system, then first
    change it...and then take advantage of the new system as much as
    you can.

Thumbs up

i think most of people here are of same view and that is we should support the idea of jat reservation.

Login to view details.
    yes people, I'm glad to know your views.

Jats were not classified as lootere in Indian history on economic basis???/
    I feel they were classified on caste basis??

They were so many economically poor or rich Jats but all are looteres in history. I hope that this sentence was not classified on economic basis.

N today we all Jats are here whether poor or rich but we are unified not on economic basis but we all are jats. n we have to take up the problem of a common Jat n not those who are advocating their idealism due to their self interests.
    whether they are not jats ?

or

they are motivated by any means let it be idealism.

if they are motivated by idealism then they should better go for sanyasi.

this was so simple a question asking "yes" or "No"

n still people thinking of saying yes or no, instead of saying that we'll struggle for that.

The so called Jats here are saying yes or no as if its in their pocket, n they are not even the kings but Bhagwans whether to accept it or not. As if their denial or acceptence will make havocs!

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamshermalik View Post
    Respected Tewatia Ji,

By lifting lower caste, I mean giving them a better and acceptable social status as they are human being too. We have to take out the things like untouchability from the society. We have to make them feel that they are human beings like us. If we can break these social bonds, then lot of the lower cast people who are economically weak and cannot even get their kids educated will tomorrow support our stand of reservation on economic basis. Most of the lower class people are not happy with this reservation policy as most of them donot have sufficient money to get their kids educated and even if few kids do get educated to some extent, then they donot get Job because the jobs are taken by the kids of old established lower cast families who are enjoying the benifits of reservation for decades.

As you have mentioned 80 % of population is pro-reservation, then we have to see who among these 80% can be with us and there are many among them who really feel that reservation should be on economic basis.

There are economically poor families in each and every cast but there are some casts which are delibrately made poor socially. Todays high cast people can take orders from their lower cast officials but donot let the same cast illitrate poor people sit on their CHARPAI,

Untill and unless we donot bridge this social gap, the vote politics is not going to end.
    Respected Mahan Jat

We never made these low social tribes whom we have to upgrade now. Just listen to the hyme of rigveda "my mother is .... my father is poet, i'm doctor etc...." better go for the redressal of your self committed wounds to the brahmins n not come to the jats. The jats as late as in 712 AD were budhhists n not brahmins. We all faught for equality and individualism.

we all are fighting for our own survival now!!!!!!!

Login to view details.
    Rajasthan Jats were not harassed by Rajputs n Muslims/British etc. (backing them otherwise what is Rajput in front of Jat? that is the scenario now)

Rajasthan Jat was never harassed on economical basis. On economical basis Jat was/is/always superior to a Rajput? Jats still occupy the most fertile area of the world i.e. from Indus to Ganges, what remains in Rajasthan????

But even if in Rajasthan, the most fertile area remained always with Jats since times unknown!

People like Rajputs from mythical fire altars kept coming n going.

their fathers muslims who patronised them kept coming n going leaving these traitors much behind.

before that also many powers kept coming n going

even Allexander, timur, abdali ..........

I'm not less proud of my Jat antiquity than you people opposing this reservation

but again I repeat where your forwardness goes when a Jat offers a water to a less competent person in reserve category, as a peon?

A reserve category person suspends him because he is less qualified in offering water.

the peon answeres and thanedar comes .....

saying ki is paagal Jat ko do dunde mar ke under band kar do.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by raj2rif View Post
    I hope I have made my stand clear. You want to give reservation, give on the basis of the opportunities and economic strength. Give them the money and facilities, don't give them undue advantage in a competition either for job or for admission in any institution. That is unfair to others who don't have the benefit of reservation.
    Col. Sahb

we are not the prime ministers, or gods in the heaven!! who'll do this n that ideology!!!!! We will be more than SC/ST/OBC tribe if we do not opt for it.

However, all your dreams have already been set aside here in India n reservation has already been implemented on Caste lines n not on economic lines inspite all opposition of the people like you n me!

Now again the question figures in this scenario that "whether we/you jats should go for it or not???"

I again repeat that now its a question of "yes" or "no"

There is no point now beating around the bush!

Quote Originally Posted by sktewatia View Post
    Respected Mahan Jat

We never made these low social tribes whom we have to upgrade now. Just listen to the hyme of rigveda "my mother is .... my father is poet, i'm doctor etc...." better go for the redressal of your self committed wounds to the brahmins n not come to the jats. The jats as late as in 712 AD were budhhists n not brahmins. We all faught for equality and individualism.

we all are fighting for our own survival now!!!!!!!

Respected Tewatia ji,

First of all I donot think 'Mahan' appears in my first or last name. So I donot know what you really mean and what you want to imply here.

To find a solution for everything do we have to open the pages of the history that how it started and who started it when the reality is that we practice it and its our moral duty as human being to treat other human beings as we treat the people of our own cast. Even if we know who started it then will it provide any solution. We will just blame the brahmans but the todays reality is something else.

It is not necessary to open the pages of history everytime when we know the problem and ways to solution. What ever mentioned in rigved, was a result of limitations and circumstances. Doctors son became doctor at that time because there were not medical colleges like now,open to every cast. Now a farmer's son can also become a doctor.

You said that we faught for equality then why donot we practice it today. We faught for equality because we were called a lower cast by brahmans but then we forgot how we treat some of he casts in our region.

When a person starts fighting just for his own survival, then he starts forgetting the society first, then cast, then family and ends up to be a selfish person and this kind of mentality never do anything good for the nation.

If we want equality in one field then we have to open our heart to provide equality to others in rest of the fields.

For reservation of any kind on cast basis my answer is NO and if any only on economic basis.

Resrvation is a short term solution and will do no good as we have seen the status of lower casts even after 60 years of reservation on cast basis. If we have to elevate the economically poor families irrespective of cast o do good for the nation then we have to make sure that govt supports their kids in getting educated. This cast politics has already divided the nation and if we demand reservation ,it will get devided more. We should not think fr the short term solutions.

This is my openion and thinking.

Regards,
    Shamsher
    Last edited by shamshermalik; September 19th, 2006 at 01:09 PM.