Thread: Endangering life of a child

Endangering life of a child

Endangering life of a child-

I have seen cases in US where even a parent or a guardian has been charged and punished under such a law. (A mother was charged for leaving her two toddler kids locked up in the house for a few days.) Do we have such a law in india?

1. Making kids beg at traffic signals and market places should come under such law.
    2. The frequency with which 1-2yr olds are falling into borewells surprises me. Is any one questioning the parents or neighbours besides giving lakhs of rupees and publicity.
    3. In Banglore a two year old was mauled and killed by a stray dog(maybe rabid) and the administration killed 10,000 dogs. A dog will take long time to kill (maybe over an hour). Where were the parents during that time???
    4. A couple abandoned their newborn at Paras Hospital in Gurgaon.
    5. A two year old was found abandoned at Gurgaon railway station.(the list is endless)
    6. If a child dies, the situation and circumstances should be investigated. Because a child is so dependant on elders.
    7. In rural villages, the deaths of female child should definitely be reported and checked back. Was the illness curable? Did she get available medical attention?

Do we have a law in India as ‘Endangering life of a child’

Navin Gulia
    ADAA
    www.adaa.in

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

hmmm....its true we don't have any such laws here, but also we don't need such laws to be framed....otherwise it may take the other direction

better, people can be made more aware and educated.....though it will take a long time

as per the prevailing conditions, almost all the laws are taking negative side sooner or later

very strange decision taken recently, is what i'm citing here.....the case of Batuknath....i just heard it in the news that even the extra-marrital affairs will be considered as legal...now just imagine how the laws made earlier with ethnicity get changed.....what about the hurt sentiments of the grown-up children....isn't it distorting?.....can any laws for the betterment of such feelings can be imagined?....can such children be protected?

so, i just feel, its better to bring the change by spreading knowledge or influencing people, if its possible on our part, but no expectations should be kept from such laws...as inner-self among people is totally lost

and i'm thinking some change regarding that....still unable to find the way to initiate....as problems are many and don't know what should be taken the most important to form the base

little sonu didnot fall in well

Three days after i raised the point that i am really not amused when a 1.5 to 2yr old child falls into borewell. Rediff has raised this point.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/oct/13guest.htm

The society and parents have to seriously own responsibility in cases of criminal negligence.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

exactly, parents and society need to be very active in their role

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    exactly, parents and society need to be very active in their role
    And many problems will be solved without putting much efforts. ( problems of India )

I am not aware of other counties but here in Australia and in new Zealand as well, action would be taken against any parent or parents if they leave their under 13 year child alone in the house. Social welfare department can take the custody of the child if the offense is repeated. But in our country, this kind of action is not feasible as the parents with young children don't get support from govt.I would support your view on negligence on the part of parents.

I believe there is law against begging and forcing young kids for begging. If necessary, suitable amendments should be made to make the law enforcement agencies accountable.

cheers!

1. There are over a 1000 forced beggar kids in gurgaon over 10,000 forced beggar kids in Delhi. Why doesnt the govt take these kids under its own care? If a child is seen begging, he should be taken away by govt. The hundred/thousand crores they are allotting for child welfare insufficient?

2. As a society our individual interests and gains supercede the social interests. We dont bother about anything that doesnt concern our home. We donot feel ashamed if our street/society is dirty.

3. These kids donot have a vote and they donot even have a voice. Will their cry be heard by the society or by the govt?

Having said that, the answer to 'what can we do' remains same - be the change you want to see
    a) dont encourage exploitation of kids for begging by making them successful coin collecting machines. Dont give them coins.
    b) 'question' if you see an infant/baby being used, question - where is the mother? why is the baby dirty/covered in mud? why the accompanying person thrusting an empty bottle into the childs mouth?. if you see a kid begging, question - who sent you, where are your parents?
    If society questions, it will stop immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    1. if you see a kid begging, question - who sent you, where are your parents?
    If society questions, it will stop immediately.
    Totally right. The same i questioned such children and not only i got the relief but that child told her other fellows and indicated towards me...and then nobody stepped towards me to beg a single penny

so it really works only if you want to see them good, apart from your other known members in the family or society

Indian kids are brilliant and its sad they have to be poor and resort to begging, all they need is opportunity to suceed but sadly they never get them.
    I think Family planning is important and couples need to know how many kids they are able to support when having children, or the spacing of children. The number of children a couple can have is not the issue, the issue is whether they can support them and live happily.
    Last edited by piyush83; October 15th, 2008 at 02:23 AM.

There should also be laws against children working in households - maids bring their children to work - both employers and parents should be charged.
    Child labor is our nations biggest shame.
    Child labor also results in sustained illiteracy from generation to generation which in turn causes population problem.

well all these issues raised r valid but then thr is hardly ne way out.....

i was reading some article on child labour n it said tht even though these kids r rescued n sent bak home...stil they r bak at the next chance they get....becoz they hav so much poverty bak home.....

these kids r not worried abt ne laws or nethin as long as they get some money to send bak home n sustain their family.....
    so more than havin laws for it...the govt shud first see the poverty levels of our country....

n navin bhai....i never was in favour of giving money to beggars....n rather i give them some food item or somethin.....but u know i was in vrindavan....n tht kid gave me bak tht biscuit packet n said ki mujhe paise hi chahiye.......

so wht can v do in tht case......
    n thr r many who stil give them money....aur kuch beggars aise bhi hein jo khud hi yahi kaam karna chahte hein.....
    so m clueless wht v can do in these situations....
    Good life starts when u stop wanting a better one !!!! :D

Bhavana Ji
    If that child gave back the buiscuit packet, we are on right track. that can happen. it shows that he isnt begging because he is short of food. begging shouldnt be a means of earning fortune.
    Kids never come out begging out of choice, they are sent to beg, or forced to beg.

"an indifferent, silent and lethargic society is the biggest problem"

Any problem can end even if the society chooses to question it strongly.

Producing 8 kids to make them beg or work as manual labor is criminal and comes under endangering a child.
    Regards
    Navin

The silent majority is the culprit here. They have to be shaken out of their stupor.
    Last edited by navingulia; October 15th, 2008 at 10:54 AM.

I've always been pondering over that why only system be blamed if a kid is fallen into a pit? where are the parents who just feel proud in giving birth to children and dont give a damn in bringing them up in a decent way:o So far child labour is concerned....i've seen children working full time or part time in familes of well educated members and when i asked once the lady answered with an ashamed and fake smile> hum kya karein beta aur koyi mila hi nahi While poverty is the major reason to FORCE them to work in our homes let us accept OUR ATTITUDE of saving a couple of hundred rupees is also CRIMINAL
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

:)

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    I've always been pondering over that why only system be blamed if a kid is fallen into a pit? where are the parents who just feel proud in giving birth to children and dont give a damn in bringing them up in a decent way:o So far child labour is concerned....i've seen children working full time or part time in familes of well educated members and when i asked once the lady answered with an ashamed and fake smile> hum kya karein beta aur koyi mila hi nahi While poverty is the major reason to FORCE them to work in our homes let us accept OUR ATTITUDE of saving a couple of hundred rupees is also CRIMINAL
    Sometimes I feel that .. This falling in pit is becoming a regular thing and its intentionally to get a few thousand from the system ... I hope my assumption is wrong but yeah system alone cant be blamed .. Bloody fools media people and paparazzi watching the circus are more than responsible for everything .. I remember Tv channels showing live coverage of a man trying to jump from building cursing Police of that area .. man jumped to death .. Well coverage was important than that person's life. About Begging .. its so irritating I mean I cant describe here .. alomst daily I stop at Rajeev Chowk (Gurgaon) my 1/2 litre blood burns .. I cant help Gulia Bhai pls take a note of this area .. as you are working in this area for Gurgaon region .. I dont know the reason of their begging .. Giving them money or resisting myself from giving them money both disturbs me !!!

Nyu kare nai Ravi ek khadda sa toh ley....mai uss mai ek badda pather gerr aaungi( manali tai lyayi thi ) tu media aalyan nai taiyyar rakhiye arr jab khoob khoda-paaddi ho legi tai bata dyangey akk hum to khadda dhakkan ki koshish karein the pather bheetar padd gya:p kimme pissey mill gey to Jan Jagriti arr Adaa mai donate kar dyungi sarey
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    Sometimes I feel that .. This falling in pit is becoming a regular thing and its intentionally to get a few thousand from the system !!!
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8