Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rigvedic River Sarswati In India or Iran

Rigvedic River Sarswati In India or Iran

Over the years, there exists an unending controversy over the issue of the existence of Rigvedic 'Sarasvat.i' Some people say that in the Rigveda, the word 'Sarasvati' stands for a goddess in some verses while at other places it has been used to depict Indus.

There is another group which identifies it as a river of central Asia, Iran, Afghanistan and also some equate it with even Oxus.

Third group is of the view that the Rigvedic river flowed in Modern day Haryana and also say that the Rigvedic river dried up or took another route identifiable with Ghaggar of today. Since Ghaggar comes to plains near Pinjore-Kalka and Panchkula, near Chandigarh to plains, they equate it as the substitute place of the Rigvedic and Pauranic Sarasvati.

Still some others identify it as Ghaggar but about the name of place/site according to them is defined as it originates to plains from Shivalik near Adi Badri in district Yamunanagar.

Some believe that it continues to flow underground to merge with the Yamuna and the Ganga at Allahabad forming Sangam where Kumbha fair is held.

In fact, these and many more points emerged during the course of debate/discussion on the -Chronology-of-Indian-History-Newer-discussion resulting in an unending controversy that blocked further smooth progress of the thread towards finding a logical conclusion.

Therefore, those participants, who have something worth consideration in their possession, are welcome to join discussion here.

Regards,
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

AbhikRana (May 25th, 2013), lrburdak (April 14th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

1. Best way to prove would be to use the principle of exclusion. In India people often name their daughters after the name of rivers. By this logic I find no contradiction in having the name Saraswati for Goddess and river both.

2. Do Iranian, central Asian or Afghan literature talk of any river sound in name similar to Saraswati? Not to best of my knowledge.

3. There is enough literary and geological proof that river Saraswati flowed through present day North West India.

4. This is not uncommon to have two rivers with the same name. We have quite a few of Gangas ( Budhi Ganga, Krishnganga etc). I won't therefore worry about another Saraswati joining Ganga and Yamuna at Sangam.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 15th, 2013), DrRajpalSingh (April 12th, 2013), lrburdak (April 14th, 2013), nrao (April 16th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

Some relevant points to be discussed have been gleaned with which more could be added for purposeful discussion.

Moreover, Shri Rajendra Kumar ji has presented his point of view on the presence or status of 'Sarasvati'.

I think supporting the views sources must be quoted to make them authentic for future reference, isn't so?

Comments please.
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

The basic question to be delineated here is whether the Rig vedic 'Sarasvati' could be identified with lost Indian Sarasvati

or

some other river located in Iran or Afghanistan or elsewhere. Therefore, the scholars must concentrate to discuss this aspect.

Many scholars believe that the Rigvedic verses and Zend Avesta refer to one river which has been written in Old Persian as Haravaiti and in Skt. Sarasvati. This surmise is supported by the changes governing rule governing change of Sanskrit S into H in Iranian as Skt. Sapta sindhu becomes Haptahindu as mentioned in Avesta as holy land created by Ahura Mazada. This linguistics similarity points to the times when Indo-Aryans and Indo Iranians lived together in ancient times.

So far as Indian mythical river Sarasvati is concerned as described in Puranas and Mahabharata, its identification has of late zeroed on seasonal Ghaggar River, though the place of its coming down from the Shivalik range of mountains remains an issue of discussion and is yet to be finalized by the researchers.

Whether these two identifications are right or wrong could be contested by the participants.

Regards
    Last edited by DrRajpalSingh; April 12th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    The basic question to be delineated here is whether the Rig vedic 'Sarasvati' could be identified with lost Indian Sarasvati

or

some other river located in Iran or Afghanistan or elsewhere. Therefore, the scholars must concentrate to discuss this aspect.

Many scholars believe that the Rigvedic verses and Zend Avesta refer to one river which has been written in Old Persian as Haravaiti and in Skt. Sarasvati. This surmise is supported by the changes governing rule governing change of Sanskrit S into H in Iranian as Skt. Sapta sindhu becomes Haptahindu as mentioned in Avesta as holy land created by Ahura Mazada. This linguistics similarity points to the times when Indo-Aryans and Indo Iranians lived together in ancient times.

So far as Indian mythical river Sarasvati is concerned as described in Puranas and Mahabharata, its identification has of late zeroed on seasonal Ghaggar River, though the place of its coming down from the Shivalik range of mountains remains an issue of discussion and is yet to be finalized by the researchers.

Whether these two identifications are right or wrong could be contested by the participants.

Regards
    Tehran and Trivendrum are almost equidistant from Chandigarh. Vedic culture must have spread from N/W India in all directions. I am not at all surprised by the mention of Saraswati in Iranian literature. If Muslims of Bengal can include Arabic things in their literature, I suppose persians could have lso done the same about vedic things. There might have been Iranian scholars contributing to vedic writing the same way as Indian muslims contribute to islamic writings. In no way this disproves that NW India was the epicenter of vedic culture. Even today there are few places in Iran which sound Indian names. Most of the countries in Indian ocean region were influenced by Indian culture and this why the ocean got its name. Present day Afghanistan was part of Ashoka and Mughal empire and can not be considered outside South Asia. Many Indian kings like Lord Rama etc were "Chakrawarti" kings and their empire must have included areas upto Iran and far beyond. Mention of Kush can be found even in Egyptian literature. Spread of culture is something like a river which during peak flooding time can cover wast areas but again shrinks to its original place, except minor variations.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

nrao (April 16th, 2013), puneetlakra (April 14th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rkumar View Post
    Tehran and Trivendrum are almost equidistant from Chandigarh. Vedic culture must have spread from N/W India in all directions. I am not at all surprised by the mention of Saraswati in Iranian literature. If Muslims of Bengal can include Arabic things in their literature, I suppose persians could have lso done the same about vedic things. There might have been Iranian scholars contributing to vedic writing the same way as Indian muslims contribute to islamic writings. In no way this disproves that NW India was the epicenter of vedic culture. Even today there are few places in Iran which sound Indian names. Most of the countries in Indian ocean region were influenced by Indian culture and this why the ocean got its name. Present day Afghanistan was part of Ashoka and Mughal empire and can not be considered outside South Asia. Many Indian kings like Lord Rama etc were "Chakrawarti" kings and their empire must have included areas upto Iran and far beyond. Mention of Kush can be found even in Egyptian literature. Spread of culture is something like a river which during peak flooding time can cover wast areas but again shrinks to its original place, except minor variations.
    Exactly this type of open minded objective research methodology, if accepted and applied by all could lead to solving so many riddles of the Pre-historic and Proto-historic times History of India.

In fact, equating the present day boundaries of India as the frontiers of the Ancient India has caused many a distortions in Indian History which needs immediate attention of the participants. If we bother to recall the expansion and boundaries of the empires of Chandragupta Maurya and Kanishaka during the historic times, we can broaden our narrow vision to find out expansion of our earlier empires. This would definitely lead us to zero on the original abode of the Aryans of the yore, it is hoped.

As rightly pointed out Ancient Aryans universe of activities encompassed in itself much more wider regions than imagined by the patriotic zealots, who narrow down their universe of activities to Indian Sapat-Sindu region only.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

here is the link to a book on the subject;

http://www.amazon.com/Rigveda-Avesta..._dp_p_t_2_29SQ

Serious research is going on on this subject and conclusive proofs are being provided that NW India is where Vedas were written.

RK^2

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rkumar For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 15th, 2013), nrao (April 16th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

I don't know if my current discussion really fits into the stream of though already in continuum. I found something interesting that I can share with you.
    A few days back my son was asking my father (who is an archaeologist) synonyms of the name Shiva. One of the names that caught my attention was the name Sadyojat. Shiva, the God who is known as destroyer is also known from this name of Sadyojat. At this juncture, I would like to place an injunction that suffix jat need not be taken into consideration for resemblance.
    The first half of the word was of interest to me. The word part Sadyo- is of significance. The Pathans as you all know, I have good deal of interest in them, have one of the most important clan named as Sadyozai. In fact, the nation of Afghanistan was founded by Sadyozai Sardar Ahmed Shah Abdali. This may just be a conicidence, so I decided to explore more about the word Sadyojat and I found a very relevant text of LingPurana. The LingPurana is one of the 18 treatise of Puranas, dedicated to Shiva, the God of Consummation (somehow I dont wish to call him a destroyer). There I found a chapter that gives some geographical names that are told to be the territorial realms of Shiva. And, the names of the rivers are very interesting. The names of these rivers are after colours of red, white and black and they derive simile with objects like honey, milk etc. All such names are even presently used for rivers in Afghanistan, such as, surkrod, spinrod (white river). And, also the suffix rod for river and its catchment is both mentioned in Lingpurana and is presently used here in Afghanistan.
    This makes things more interesting as Shaivism has very close association with communities who are seen austere in their lifestyles and their closer association with tribal and shamanic religion of Ancient India which provides strong connection between the peoples of India and Afghanistan.
    Of course, Jats must look into what prospects of knowledge such hypothesis holds for them while discovering their past.
    Last edited by Ambijat; April 13th, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Keep a bigger heart than than what you had yesterday!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ambijat For This Useful Post:

lrburdak (April 14th, 2013), narenderkharb (April 15th, 2013), op1955 (April 13th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambijat View Post
    I don't know if my current discussion really fits into the stream of though already in continuum. I found something interesting that I can share with you.
    A few days back my son was asking my father (who is an archaeologist) synonyms of the name Shiva. One of the names that caught my attention was the name Sadyojat. Shiva, the God who is known as destroyer is also known from this name of Sadyojat. At this juncture, I would like to place an injunction that suffix jat need not be taken into consideration for resemblance.
    The first half of the word was of interest to me. The word part Sadyo- is of significance. The Pathans as you all know, I have good deal of interest in them, have one of the most important clan named as Sadyozai. In fact, the nation of Afghanistan was founded by Sadyozai Sardar Ahmed Shah Abdali. This may just be a conicidence, so I decided to explore more about the word Sadyojat and I found a very relevant text of LingPurana. The LingPurana is one of the 18 treatise of Puranas, dedicated to Shiva, the God of Consummation (somehow I dont wish to call him a destroyer). There I found a chapter that gives some geographical names that are told to be the territorial realms of Shiva. And, the names of the rivers are very interesting. The names of these rivers are after colours of red, white and black and they derive simile with objects like honey, milk etc. All such names are even presently used for rivers in Afghanistan, such as, surkrod, spinrod (white river). And, also the suffix rod for river and its catchment is both mentioned in Lingpurana and is presently used here in Afghanistan.
    This makes things more interesting as Shaivism has very close association with communities who are seen austere in their lifestyles and their closer association with tribal and shamanic religion of Ancient India which provides strong connection between the peoples of India and Afghanistan.
    Of course, Jats must look into what prospects of knowledge such hypothesis holds for them while discovering their past.
    Friend,

Your input is welcome. It would add to our knowledge if you could quote full details culled from the Purana under reference about the names and locale of the rivers.

Perhaps, this information may lead to proper identification of the Vedic Sarasvati. Hope you will be able to do so in not too distant future!

Your son has rightly ignited the need for research on the antiquity of the Jats which could be discussed on the thread started by Shri Rajendra Kumar Ji quoted by him in one of his posts recently.

Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

Rajpal ji, I know I cannot dwell into these and only cursory observations are there offer but here is one link I used.
    http://www.gloriousindia.com/scriptu...ana/index.html
    I recommend a Sanskrit scholar might help.
    And, for those who wish to know more about geography and culture of Afghanistan, I am providing you link of one of my virtual classrooms, where you can explore more on Afghanistan.
    Just go to semester references
    http://ambijat.wikidot.com/
    Last edited by Ambijat; April 13th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambijat For This Useful Post:

Rajpal ji, I know I cannot dwell into these and only cursory observations are there offer but here is one link I used.
    And, for those who wish to know more about geography and culture of Afghanistan, I am providing you link of one of my virtual classrooms, where you can explore more on Afghanistan.
    Thanks friend,

Very good links provided which would further pave way for interesting discussion on 'Meru Pravat' which is located at the centre of ancient land known as Jambu Dwipa. the relevant information is reproduced with due acknowledgement to the author of the first link. This information would further lead to investigation any connection with Saraswati and also with the ancient abode of Aryans too.

The Meru Mountain
    Meru mountain is situated in the heart of Jambudweepa. The Meru range is spread in the area of 16 thousand yojan. Its towering peak is 84 thousand in height from the ground level and had even penetrated the depth of earth to the measurement of 16 thousand yojan. Meru mountain is considered to be very sacred and is believed to be the dwelling place of the deities.Yamraj's abode--Vaivaswatipuri is situated in the souther part of Meru mountain. Some other holy places like Shuddhavati, Gandhavati and Yashomati are also situated on this mountain where Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are believed to have their respective abodes. The sun continuously shines over Meru mountain. A river named Jambu flows down this mountain. There is also a tree by the same name which is eternally ladden with fruits. The Meru mountain is surrounded on all its sides by a country Ilavrita. The residents of Ilavrita relish the fruits of Jambu tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambijat;335783[SIZE=2
    ]I don't know if my current discussion really fits into the stream of though already in continuum. I found something interesting that I can share with you.
    [/SIZE]
    Well that is a nice find and all thanks for sharing that .

There are many references like that in ancient Indian and foregn texts so I wrote again and again that Pathan are basically Jats who over the years have taken this regional identity of Pakhta that in itself was very proud identity ..Pakhata ....Pakhtun ...Pathan ...Thoug they do have some non Jat group basically Indogreek but a majority of these clans have Jat ancesstory.

It was somewhere 2007 or 2008 .I along with Dev Dahiya ,Sailender Tokas ,Dr SK Tewatia Sanjay Maan went to one of our friend Vinod Sangwan marriage in Rajasthan .While returning we had tea at a hotel in Farruknagar where I told this story of Shiva ,,Jat and Afghanistan ....

Our friends recorded that film...

In nutshell .I told them Shiva was not a God ,...he was a man...... A Jat.... and a leader of Jats one of our ancestors .... but not ever one of us is born of him........ as there were many Jats who came here as a part of his army ...So this was the first wave of our people .....First wave to say that was recorded ...they came here earlier than the later Aryans wave .....Though I shared this story with my friends but not every one can digest this ... so I kept it for my book.

Fights of Shiva in Afghanistan are recorded in ancient texts one has to find that ....based on these findings I formulated my

Kharb's theory of Indus valley Civilizaion and posted on Yahoo group and Jatland..where I postulated that

Jats were the architects of Indus Valley civilization and compared that with theories of Asko Parpola Hasan Dani Michel Witzel and others ....

Last year Laxman ji told me that Amish in his Shiva triology has narrated somewhat similar theory ..later on I found that Amish after a good start made a mesh of history putting Rama earlier to Shiva ,comparing Jats only with Jartikas somewhat lost in Naga..Arya...Brahspati plot......

I have always told to Ravi Laxmanji Rajpal ji and my other friends that Arya story is just insignificant agaist our Jat grand saga that was played on a wide canvas ....but for that we have to come out of this vedic hallucination.

Sooner we do it better it is for our own History.
    Last edited by narenderkharb; April 14th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to narenderkharb For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 14th, 2013), lrburdak (April 14th, 2013), prashantacmet (April 15th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013)

The whole context of "Glorifying ourselves and Glorifying India" always takes us away from the sacrifices and sufferings that people in ancient Bharat had to go through. I think, rather then glorifying ourselves we should bring out facts and work to improve the weaknesses in our community.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    The whole context of "Glorifying ourselves and Glorifying India" always takes us away from the sacrifices and sufferings that people in ancient Bharat had to go through. I think, rather then glorifying ourselves we should bring out facts and work to improve the weaknesses in our community.
    Today so called "Glorius India" is nothing but a black drain of sewage flowing in our mighty rivers of Ganga and Yamuna. Science and archaeology is replaced with scriptures written by humans who are as weak as any other human being.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post

The context of what is postulated here is little off track. I don't need to preach here on the etymology of glory. It is a sense if it fails to be conveyed from one to another then the problem lies not with history but within ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravichauudhary
    1. ' Kahan avesta mein Saraswati nadi ka varnan hai?
    If you want to know river Haravati/sarsvati mention than a simple google search can give a lot of results from Proto Indo Iranian religion ,Religion of Iran ..Iran chamber of history etc...Where it is clearly written that River sarasvati/Haravati is considered a sacred river in early Avestan literaure that fall from heaven and reach sea......later river got dried because the water was taken back to sea voruksha etc...etc...

Even in later Avestan texts like ...Videvdat(1:2) There is a mention of people on the river Harahvati who burn their dead as Aryans use to do in Rigvedic times.

You can refer origin of Indo Iranian by Elena E Kuzmina for that

Later mythification of Harhvati ...in to Ardvi Sura anhita was complete which stands both for river and war goddess( same asRigvedic Sarswati )so you find mention of this name in place of Harhvati .

Important thing is while Sarswati river In Iran retained its same rigvedic character of Goddess of War and water it lost its importanace in India and simply turned in to a consort of Brahma.
    Last edited by narenderkharb; April 15th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to narenderkharb For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (April 15th, 2013)

Ravi ji

If we go by suggestions and take Ghaggar /hakara river as Sarswati river and chitang as drishadhvati river than ..
    Can you explain why Hastianapur capital itself is left out of Kuru empire between saraswati and drishadhvati rivers ?

What is wrong postion of sarswati Darshadvati or postion of Hastinapur?
    Last edited by narenderkharb; April 15th, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to narenderkharb For This Useful Post:

The context of what is postulated here is little off track. I don't need to preach here on the etymology of glory. It is a sense if it fails to be conveyed from one to another then the problem lies not with history but within ourselves.
    The point is "we have developed a habit of dwelling on text written by humans several hundreds or thousands of years ago", what we developed here is again like "temples", some one erecting a statue and everyone sitting in front of it without ever verifying the truth, only to be driven by other humans or through ideologies stated in books. Never really knowing the factual events and people involved behind all this one side of facade.
    If u travel to France and see places like:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Louvre then u realize how extensively people have factually discovered history through science and archaeology, verified it and put it for every individual to see.

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    Ravi ji

If we go by suggestions and take Ghaggar /hakara river as Sarswati river and chitang as drishadhvati river than ..
    Can you explain why Hastianapur capital itself is left out of Kuru empire between saraswati and drishadhvati rivers ?

What is wrong postion of sarswati Darshadvati or postion of Hastinapur?
    woh isliye:

The region between the triangle of Thaneshwar, Sirsa/Hissar and Hastinapur was distinguished by three different names:

(1) Kuru-Jangala equal to Rohtak, Hansi, Hissar, Sirsa (actually called Sirsuti in ancient times)
    (2) Kuru-rashtra proper between the Ganga and Yamuna with its capital at Hastinapura and
    (3) the Kuru-kshetra comprising Thaneshwar, Kaithal and Karnal.

2 of them, Kuru-kshetra as well as major portions of Kuru-Jangla were located between Saraswati and Drashadwati.

Kuru-Jangla was the western part of Kuru. It was filled with forests like Khandava (eastern Hariyana), Rohitaka (Rohtak) and numerous other bush-lands. King Dhritarashtra gave this land to Yudhisthira to end the rivalry between the Pandavas and Kauravas.

Adi Parva of MBh tells the history of Pandava:

"Samvarana begat upon his wife, Tapati, the daughter of Surya, a son named Kuru. This Kuru was exceedingly virtuous, and therefore, he was installed on the throne by his people. It is after his name that the field called Kuru Jangala has become so famous in the world."

ततः संवरणात सौरी सुषुवे तपती कुरुम
    राजत्वे तं परजाः सर्वा धर्मज्ञ इति वव्रिरे Mahabharata (1.94.42)

तस्य नाम्नाभिविख्यातं पृथिव्यां कुरुजाङ्गलम
    कुरुक्षेत्रं स तपसा पुण्यं चक्रे महातपाः Mahabharata (1.94.43)

Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 53 mentions The country of the Kurus, including the region called Jangala as the paternal kingdom of Pandavas. Thou hast, however, obtained the whole earth by those heroes. Won by the strength of their arms, the sons of Pritha made over thee this extensive empire.

पित्र्यं राज्यं महाराज कुरवस ते स जाङ्गलाः
    अद वीरैर जितां भूमिम अखिलां परत्यपथ्यदाः Mahabharata (5.53.7)
    Karna Parva/Mahabharata Book VIII Chapter 30 mentions

Kurus, were mostly associated with Kuru-jangla and Kuru-skhetra (areas between Saraswati and Drshadwati). Later they moved east and established Indraprasth. At what time Hastinapur as a capital came to be known is not clear but is associated with king Hasti, who is actually a Puru/Bharat king, much earlier than kuru came into existence. As a guess, among kurus, Hastinapur is mostly associated with Kaurav. Pandav, on the other hand were handed Kuru-jangla, the original abode of Kurus. As stated earlier, Kuru-Jangla lay between Saraswati and Drshadvati just like Kuru-kshetra which was little north of Kuru-Jangla. Both were west of Hastinapur.
    Last edited by nrao; April 16th, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
    - Naveen Rao

33. The Following User Says Thank You to nrao For This Useful Post:

Saraswati is consort of Brahma. At the beginning of the process of creation, Brahmā creates the four Kumāras or the Caturṣaņa. However, they refuse his order to procreate and instead devote themselves to God and celibacy.

He then proceeds to create from his mind ten sons or Prajāpatis (used in another sense), who are believed to be the fathers of the human race. But since all these sons were born out of his mind rather than body, they are called Mānas Putras or mind-sons or spirits. The Manusmŗti and Bhāgavat Purāņa enumerate them as: Marichi, Atri, Angirasa, Pulaha, Pulasthya, Krathu, Vashista, Prachethasa, Bhrigu, and Narada

Some of these Mānas Putras must have remained in Iran or place where another Sarswati was there. Brahma must have left some more evidences. One trace can be his temples. Brahmā had very few temples are dedicated to His worship. Among the most prominent is the Brahmā temple at Pushkar. Temples to Brahmā also exist in Thirunavaya in Kerala, in the temple town of Kumbakonam in the Thanjavur District of Tamil Nadu in Kodumudi, Tamil Nadu in Asotra village in Balotra taluka of Rajasthan's Barmer district, known as Kheteshwar Brahmadham Tirtha. In the coastal state of Goa, a shrine belonging to 5th century AD, in the small, remote village of Carambolim in the Sattari Taluka in the northeast region of the state is found. There is also a shrine for Brahmā within the Brahmapureeswarar Temple in Thirukkadaiyur, and a famous murti of Brahmā exists at Mangalwedha, 52 km from the Solapur district of Maharashtra. Statues of Brahmā may be found in Khedbrahma, Gujarat, and in Sopara near Mumbai. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Brahmā in the temple town of Sri Kalahasti near Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. The Trimurti temple and the temple dedicated to Lord Brahma accompanied by Lord Ganesh, located outside Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple, in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, is also famous. The largest and most famous shrine to Lord Brahmā may be found in Cambodia's Angkor Wat.

In Java, Indonesia, the 9th century Prambanan Trimurti temple mainly is dedicated to Śiva, however Brahmā and Viṣņu also venerated in separate large shrines inside the temple compound, a single large shrine dedicated to Brahmā on southern side of Śiva temple. There is a statue of Brahmā at the Erawan Shrine in Bangkok. The golden dome of the Government House of Thailand also contains a statue of Phra Phrom (Thai representation of Brahmā).

This can possibly the area of influence of Brahma. Sarswati, the consort of Brahma can not be far away from him !
    Last edited by lrburdak; April 15th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 15th, 2013), rajpaldular (May 27th, 2013), rkumar (April 15th, 2013)