Thread: Swaraj:: Local Self Governance.

Swaraj:: Local Self Governance.

While going through pictures in Answers Wanted thread, I was a bit restless about the system. Digging through world wide web, found something interesting and worthy to share with members. I am putting the material from a website which could be of use to citizens facing chaos in basic rights.

=============

•What can you do if the school teacher does not turn up to teach at the government school?
    •What can you do when a doctor in a government hospital does not attend to patients?
    •What can you do when you know that a ration shop keeper is siphoning off ration supplies?
    •What can you do if the policeman does not take action on our complaint?
    •What can you do if the Engineer colludes with the contractor and makes a road which wears off within a few days?
    •What can you do when sweepers do not turn up for work and your area remains dirty and unhygienic?
    All you can do is complain to the higher authorities. In all likelihood, these individuals don’t care to act on your complaint. In short, you have no control over the teachers who don't turn up teach at government schools, or janitors who sweep the road, the ration shopkeeper, the government hired contractors, the politician, the policemen, or the bureaucrat. Is this democracy?

In theory, the people are the masters in a democracy. But in practice, the role of an Indian is limited to casting his or her vote once every five years. In the ensuing five years, the hapless Indian is left to plead before the politicians and bureaucrats, who don’t care to listen to him or meet his needs.

In last 60 years, we have voted for various political parties and politicians. But things have gone from bad to worse. In other words merely changing parties and politicians won’t help

::: Swaraj in modern-day India

•Swaraj is about giving direct control of funds, functions and functionaries to people’s assemblies – Mohalla sabhas in urban areas and Gram Sabhas in rural areas.
    •These assemblies should meet every month and take decisions regarding all issues in their area.
    •Decisions taken by these assemblies shall be implemented by their elected representative (Mohalla sabha representative in urban areas and Gram Sabha members in rural areas)
    •If elected representatives act against the will of the people, the people’s assemblies should have the power to recall them.
    In short, the people, through people’s assemblies shall directly manage all affairs of their area, which can be managed at their level. Only such issues, which cannot be managed at their level will go to higher levels of government. If majority of Gram Sabhas and Mohalla sabhas in a state vote for a particular issue, the state government shall implement it or enact necessary law or amend existing law.

That would be true democracy – government by the people.
    This is swaraj. This is self-rule. This is Lok Raj.

::: Our Movement

Our Movement for local self-governance goes by many names (Swaraj Andolan, Lokraj Andolan, Swaraj Abhiyan, Lokraj Abhiyan, Sahabhagi) but the intent is one and the same. This movement is about bringing people together to demand, persuade and force both state and central governments to provide the necessary legislative and constitutional framework to give Swaraj to the people

http://www.lokrajandolan.org/home.html

========

Your feedback and opinion over this concept.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; September 10th, 2009 at 06:27 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    While going through pictures in Answers Wanted thread, I was a bit restless about the system. Digging through world wide web, found something interesting and worthy to share with members. I am putting the material from a website which could be of use to citizens facing chaos in basic rights.

=============

•What can you do if the school teacher does not turn up to teach at the government school? Chuttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    •What can you do when a doctor in a government hospital does not attend to patients? Go to private clinic and spend some more money
    •What can you do when you know that a ration shop keeper is siphoning off ration supplies? Which ration shops?? do they really exist?:eek:
    •What can you do if the policeman does not take action on our complaint?Give him money :o ya fer siparis
    •What can you do if the Engineer colludes with the contractor and makes a road which wears off within a few days? Start abusing govt. and paste pics on jatland
    •What can you do when sweepers do not turn up for work and your area remains dirty and unhygienic? Sweeper???

All you can do is complain to the higher authorities. In all likelihood, these individuals don’t care to act on your complaint. In short, you have no control over the teachers who don't turn up teach at government schools, or janitors who sweep the road, the ration shopkeeper, the government hired contractors, the politician, the policemen, or the bureaucrat. Is this democracy? Yes definately after all they are also public. You can not see biggest example of democracy. Sab apne man se apne hisab se jee rahe hain.:rock:rock

In theory, the people are the masters in a democracy. But in practice, the role of an Indian is limited to casting his or her vote once every five years. In the ensuing five years, the hapless Indian is left to plead before the politicians and bureaucrats, who don’t care to listen to him or meet his needs.

In last 60 years, we have voted for various political parties and politicians. But things have gone from bad to worse. In other words merely changing parties and politicians won’t help.

::: Swaraj in modern-day India

•Swaraj is about giving direct control of funds, functions and functionaries to people’s assemblies – Mohalla sabhas in urban areas and Gram Sabhas in rural areas.
    •These assemblies should meet every month and take decisions regarding all issues in their area.
    •Decisions taken by these assemblies shall be implemented by their elected representative (Mohalla sabha representative in urban areas and Gram Sabha members in rural areas)
    •If elected representatives act against the will of the people, the people’s assemblies should have the power to recall them.
    In short, the people, through people’s assemblies shall directly manage all affairs of their area, which can be managed at their level. Only such issues, which cannot be managed at their level will go to higher levels of government. If majority of Gram Sabhas and Mohalla sabhas in a state vote for a particular issue, the state government shall implement it or enact necessary law or amend existing law.

That would be true democracy – government by the people.
    This is swaraj. This is self-rule. This is Lok Raj.

::: Our Movement

Our Movement for local self-governance goes by many names (Swaraj Andolan, Lokraj Andolan, Swaraj Abhiyan, Lokraj Abhiyan, Sahabhagi) but the intent is one and the same. This movement is about bringing people together to demand, persuade and force both state and central governments to provide the necessary legislative and constitutional framework to give Swaraj to the people

http://www.lokrajandolan.org/home.html

========

Your feedback and opinion over this concept.

Ye baat jab se paida hue tab se sun rahe hain. You are no-different
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Angry

Yaha to sare-aam swaraj ki dhajjiya udaayi jati rahi h Samarji. Log Khareede jaate hai or beche jate hai.. Is se upyukt koi udhaaran nahi mila swaraj ko samjhne ka :

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/nati...1_5781565.html

yahi swaraj hai aaj ke time me shayad? Aise aise aadmi hmare smaj ka jab tak hissa rahenge hmari sabhi protestations, movements FAIL hai
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Boys, you can always whin and can always be a part of change provided you are not pessmistic. Any mundane arguments can be countered with another superior or inferior argument. Thats not my problem, I am optimimistic and that too up to dangerous level. You waste your energy in whinning or can or wait for some aliens to come down and take away all miseries. I choose to seek answers in real and don't wait opposition party or ruling party to consider it . I make use of RTI and results are termendous with a 10 rupees form.

Dristi sudharo Dristikon sudhrega. Iski outsourcing nahi ho sakti, sadly.
    Swarg paane ke liye padosi ko nahi khud ko marna padta hai.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; September 11th, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Samar , no two thoughts on this term (Swaraj)coming again and again in front of us. So much so that it has pretty much lost its relevance for people. I do not blame them. Happy to see that for some like you , this term still holds its grace.

You do not need to be a genius to understand things in daily life , so probably most of us know what is right and what is wrong. The problem lies with our mentality than anything. Sorry , "Convenience" is a better word. Rather than fight for my rights and stuff , I would rather pay someone 100 bucks and get thing done quickly.Rather than standing in a long line and waiting for my turn, I would raher pay some more cash and get it done with soon. There can be N number of similar examples.

Why the things are in this shape ? Because they have reached a stage where a small change is not going to work. It requires a mass movement and not movements on individual and group levels. Sadly for the country and society , it ain't happening. We do not have shortage of people who can direct things , who can make good laws and who can run the country good , but they are busy in making lives for themselves , of course you cannot blame them because they have every right to be "convenient" about things as well.

Things cannot be cfreated by themselves , they need to be set into motion. And this is not a small change , doing something is not going to help , doing a lot and by many will help.

My understanding and solution to all the problems is that more and more young and educated , sensible folks with a good vision enter the political scene of the country. I am sure that will lead to more accountability and transparency.

We can very well do a basic survey and find that how many of our approx 540 parliamentarians do have a vision of the nation. On what they think about the country and its issues. As like most other things , media is not helpy. Indian media has become a symbol of "sensitizer".

Each representative of the nation should be given a face to the nation as a whole , he should be asked N number of questions related to his constituency and that should be available to all ( radio , newspaper , magazines , TV ).
    It is not about self rule , or more rulers , its about good rulers.
    I hope and wish that it happens.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Samar the Boii , seems like your thread ain't interesting enough or are people not at all interested in self-rule ?

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Samar , no two thoughts on this term (Swaraj)coming again and again in front of us. So much so that it has pretty much lost its relevance for people. I do not blame them. Happy to see that for some like you , this term still holds its grace.

You do not need to be a genius to understand things in daily life , so probably most of us know what is right and what is wrong. The problem lies with our mentality than anything. Sorry , "Convenience" is a better word. Rather than fight for my rights and stuff , I would rather pay someone 100 bucks and get thing done quickly.Rather than standing in a long line and waiting for my turn, I would raher pay some more cash and get it done with soon. There can be N number of similar examples.

Why the things are in this shape ? Because they have reached a stage where a small change is not going to work. It requires a mass movement and not movements on individual and group levels. Sadly for the country and society , it ain't happening. We do not have shortage of people who can direct things , who can make good laws and who can run the country good , but they are busy in making lives for themselves , of course you cannot blame them because they have every right to be "convenient" about things as well.

Things cannot be cfreated by themselves , they need to be set into motion. And this is not a small change , doing something is not going to help , doing a lot and by many will help.

My understanding and solution to all the problems is that more and more young and educated , sensible folks with a good vision enter the political scene of the country. I am sure that will lead to more accountability and transparency.

We can very well do a basic survey and find that how many of our approx 540 parliamentarians do have a vision of the nation. On what they think about the country and its issues. As like most other things , media is not helpy. Indian media has become a symbol of "sensitizer".

Each representative of the nation should be given a face to the nation as a whole , he should be asked N number of questions related to his constituency and that should be available to all ( radio , newspaper , magazines , TV ).
    It is not about self rule , or more rulers , its about good rulers.
    I hope and wish that it happens.
    No, possibly, most of us hardly even knows right or wrong, Anil. Even if I do agree with then that understanding of right and wrong it too shallow. Anyways, that is again a personal perorgative. Your convinent term alludes towards ' Sab Chalta hai apne ko kya' which infact is harmful than nuclear chain reaction.

Now Why of yours. We as a nation and society are too forgiving and forgetting, may say shameless cowards. We let things reached here, if you ask me honestly.

We have chronic shortage of such people. Kindly relate here with your vision and leader post.

Even uneducated, middle aged, arrogants but STRONG would do. But Strong. Goodness is useful to dustbin if it lacks a character of Strength.

I have never believed in the hype of youth parlimaentarian this time, they are just continuation of their fathers/families. New Body, same rotten soul.

Media follows fashion of trends. You bring a other wave and it would ride on that. Its not charity, I agree, but not yes not also an institute to look up in desperate situations.

It is about Strong Self Rules which obviously wont be bad.

Dont be wishy-washy, thats girlish. Stay dangerously optimistic with whatsoever involvement you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Samar the Boii , seems like your thread ain't interesting enough or are people not at all interested in self-rule ?
    People are sincere only when they are pissed off seriously. Are you?

Samar, the individuals who make up the ruling class of any age determine the agenda. They rule as thinkers, as producers of ideas that get noticed. They control what goes by the name "common sense". We as a whole are ruled by the poor and illiterate people. All the policies and ideas presented in front of us by the rulers are said to be equal, neutral and a part of human nature. But they are not neutral ideas serving the common good but ruling class ideas accepted by everyone as if they were for the common good. First we need to bring the people of all classes at same level of education and then make the society classless.I would prefer an Education Raj first rather than any kind of Raj. But still some question should be answered. The first is can society be changed by education? If not, why not? Secondly, can education be changed and if so, how?
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life