It is situated three kms away from NH - 8 at a distance of 118 Kms from Delhi and 130 Kms from Jaipur.
Jat Behror village founded by Mr. Bahram jat Mahlawat with two family now has a population inhabiting 1000 houses.in the views of some elders 4 brothers with families came from sidhmukh and in travelling they stayed few days at behror and there after at jat behror on the name of bahram jat village get name as BEHROR JAT OR AS WELL AS JAT BEHROR , 2 BROTHERS family is still in village and two moved to BAWAL later one moved to CHATA (Near Mathura) this is the reason we got Mahlawat's in Bawal and Chata also.
Villages in Behror tahsil
Adeend, Ajmeripura, Akleempura, Anandpur, Antpura, Balpura, Banesinghpura, Banhad, Bani Jonaycha, Banthala, Bantkhani, Baori, Bardod, Basai, Basai Bhopalsingh, Batana, Beechpuri, Beeghana, Beeghana Jat, Beenjhpur, Beeranwas, Behror (M), Belni, Bhagwari Kalan, Bhagwari Khurd, Bheemsinghpura, Bheeteda, Bhoopseda, Bijaisinghpura, Bijorwas, Boorhwal, Chak Muradpur, Chandi Chana, Chaubara, Chawadi, Dabarwas, Dahmi, Daulatsinghpura, Dausod, Dawani, Dheekwar, Dhidhor, Dhis, Dhodhakari, Dhoondhariya, Dooghera, Doomroli, Fatehpura, Fauladpur, Gadhoj, Gandala, Gheelot, Giglana, Gokalpura, Golawas, Googal Kota, Googhriya, Goonti, Gujarwas, Guwana, Hameedpur, Hamjapur, Hudiya Kalan, Hudiya Khurd, Islampur, Isrisinghpura, Jaguwas, Jainpurwas, Jaisinghpura, Jaitpur, Jakhrana Kalan, Jakhrana Khurd, Jalalpur, Jamalpur, Janaksinghpura, Jat Gaonra, Jharoda, Jonaycha Kalan, Jonaycha Khurd, Kalipahari, Kaliya Hoda, Kalyanpura, Kanhawas, Kankar, Kankar Chhaja, Kankar Dopa, Karoda, Kathoowas, Kaysa, Keeratsinghpura, Khapariya, Kharkhara, Khatan Khera, Khatiwas, Kherki, Khohar, Khohri, Khoondrot, Kohrana, Kolila Joga, Kolila Rawad, Kolila Sanga, Krishan Nagar, Kundansinghpura, Kureli, Kuteena, Laksiwas, Machal, Madhosinghpura, Maharajwas, Mahmoodpur Nagaliya, Mahtawas, Majari Khurd, Majra, Majrakath, Majri Kalan, Mandhan, Mangalpur, Mawri, Milakpur, Mohalariyan, Mohammadpur Goojar, Momanpur, Moondiya Khera, Mosampur Kankara, Mukandsinghpura, Nagal Khodiya, Naghori, Nagli Balai, Nagli Jageer, Naglisadh, Naisarana, Nalota, Nalpur, Nanagwas, Nangla Rud, Nareda Kalan, Nareda Khurd, Nasarpur, Neemrana, Nibhor, Nihalpura, Pahari , Partapur, Peepli, Porula, Pratappur Chak No. 1, Pratappur Chak No. 2, Pratappur Chak No. 3, Pratapsinghpura, Raghunathpura, Raisarana, Raiwana, Ramchandrapura, Ramsinghpura, Riwali, Rodwal, Sagli, Salarpur, Sansedi, Santo, Sarbilandpura, Shahjahanpur, Shahzadpur Nangaliya, Sherpur, Shimla, Shriyani, Shyampur, Shyodansinghpura, Sorwa, Talwana, Talwar, Taseeng, Umraogarh, Untoli, Vijaynagar,
The major portion of population of the village belongs to Jats. The main Jat gotras are:
Mahalawats of this village known as Mahala too came from Seethal a village in Jhunjhunu distt.via route Sidhmukh (Churu). Mahlawats called Mahal in Punjab are Sikh Jats. Malois as described by Megasthenes were Mahal, Mahala and Mahalawat one and the same. King Puru too was from this clan. At the time Alexander the Great invaded India, Indo-Greek marriages took place. A remarkable similarity may be seen in the faces of this village residents to their Greek ancestors.
This place is famous for its residents serving in Indian Army, Administrative Services Police ,Teaching line and so on. From each Family one or more members can be found in the Indian Army and teaching line. Main business of this village is transportation i.e. Bus services, Carrier Transportation & Taxi services. Besides a number of commissioned officers in Indian Army many of the villagers are serving in Indian Administrative services, Rajasthan Administrative Services and Rajasthan Police Services too. Doctors and engineers are in abundance. Peoples of this village are also serving abroad in U.K, Mauritius, Netherlands and Rome. Literacy is very high.Girls education is a must in this village.People of this village refrain from smoking altogether nowadays too is a remarkable phenomenon .
Political awareness of this village is remarkable. Area of member of Legislative Assembly of this village is Mundawar. Mr. Dharam Pal Choudhary of Jat Behror elected thrice (11th, 12th, 14th Vidhan Sabha) as M.L.A. from BJP.
- Ramswarup Singh Mahla (लेफ्टिनेंट चौधरी रामस्वरूप सिंह महला), from Jat Behror (जाट बहरोड़), Mandawar Alwar, was a Social worker in Alwar, Rajasthan. 
- Brig. Ghasi Ram (ब्रिगेडियर घासीराम महला) - Son of Ramswarup Singh Mahla, from Behror Jat (बहरोड़ जाट), Mandawar Alwar, was a Social worker in Alwar, Rajasthan. 
- Gokul Ram Mahla (कर्नल गोकुलराम महला) - Late Col. Gokul Ram Mahlawat (born:15.4.1912-) , from Jat Behror (जाट बहरोड़), Mandawar Alwar, was a Social worker in Alwar, Rajasthan. 
- Brg. Kshatra Pal Singh
- Col. Mahavir Singh.
- Col. Deep singh Mahlawat
- Wing Cdr. Yatan Mahalawat
- Maj. Prashant
- Late Shri Indraj Mahlawat - He known as "Bhagat ji " due to the nature they have....
- Late Subedar Chandgi Ram Mahlawat (Pradhan of Mundawar Panchayat Samiti) - Subedar Sahab was Very Honest person of this village and he was famous in all over Rajasthan. Politicians always respect him. He was selected continuously five times for best Pradhan in Rajasthan. This is record . People remember him for his work up to now. Now Mrs. Tanisha Mahlawat (Jagwanti) wife of his grandson Mr. Prashant Mahlawat is member of Panchayat Samiti, Mundawar.Prashant Mahlawat is working in Defence Research and Development Organisation (Ministry of Defence) at New Delhi.
- Hemant Mahlawat- (Chotu) S/o Sh. Rajbeer Singh Mahla
- Sh. Ramdayal Singh - Adv.Rahul Mahlawat, Ashok Choudhary C.I.Raj Police
- Capt. Shiv Narayan etc. who is known by their best services to Indian Aarmy.
- Late Mr. Nandu Mahlawat.
- Shri Ramnarayan Mahlawat
- Sh.Vijay Kumar Mahlawat(Lecturer).
- Udai Singh. Rohitas Singh.
- Engr.Sunil Mahlawat
- Suman Mahlawat.
- Vinod Mahlawat.
- Sandeep Mahlawat.
- Sanjeev Mahlawat.
- Anurag Mahlawat.
- Sameer Mahlawat
- Rtd.Capt. Ramji Lal Mahlawat. Dr.Surendra Mahlawat. Dharamvir Mahlawat(Indian Army)
- Sh. Bhoom Singh Mahlawat (Lecturer), Jagveer Singh Mahlawat(Ex.IAF). Narpal Mahlawat(BSF-Comndt.)
- Dharam Pal Mahlawat, MLA
- Late Sh Gulab singh Mahlawat, Om Prakash Mahlawat, Chander Prakash Mahlawat
- Late Sh Sajjan Singh, Lakhanpal Singh Teacher
- Rameshwar Ola - Nayab tahsildar
Back to Jat Villages