Mention by Panini
Hukum Singh Panwar (Pauria) writes that We come across Aja and Ajas as an Aryan king and people in Ayodhya and Aja-Midha as a king and family in the Pururav stock. It is very interesting to note that there are Aja, Ajarya, Ajurya, Aja-Midha and Midha or Mirdha (sanskritised as Gurjar) tribes among the Jats.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. अ-2
- Dr Ompal Singh Tugania: Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.27,sn-47.
- डॉ पेमाराम:राजस्थान के जाटों का इतिहास, 2010, पृ.295
- आवदिन्द्रं यमुना तर्त्सवश्च परात्र भेदं सर्वतातामुषायत | अजासश्च शिग्रवो यक्षवश्च बलिं शीर्षाणि जभ्रुरश्व्यानि || (RV Vll/18/19)
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p. 96
- The Jats:Their Origin, Antiquity and Migrations/An Historico-Somatometrical study bearing on the origin of the Jats, p.150
Back to Jat gotras