Origin of name
- Local tradition tells ...Anda Ram Chotiya was a person who left the Chotiya gotra. So after he left chotiya gotra his family is known by Anda family.
- Anda may get name from person mentioned as Andēzo in Surkh Kotal Inscription of Kanishka.
Surkh Kotal Inscription of Kanishka mentions ..." This stronghold is the 'Kaneṣko' Oanindo sanctuary which the lord king made the namebearer of Kaneṣko. At that time when the stronghold was first completed, then its inner water to drink was missing, therefore the stronghold was without water. And when the water-flow disappeared from the canal, then the gods wished themselves away from the abode. Then they were led to Lrafo, [namely] to Andēzo. Afterwards the stronghold became abandoned.
Villages founded Anda by clan
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Barmer district
- Major Ishwar Ram Anda, village:- Devipura, Ratangarh tahsil of Churu district in Rajasthan.
- Lala Ram Anda - Sarpanch Sheo, Barmer
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan By H. W. Bellew, The Oriental University Institute, Woking, 1891, p.119
Back to Jat Gotras