Note - Please click → Akbarpur for details of similarly named villages at other places.
Bahu Akbar Pur (Badi Bahu) बहू अकबरपुर (बड़ी बहू) is 700 year old village. The population of the village is 15,000(appr.).The longitude and latitude is 28*54'39" north and 76*28'36" east District Rohtak in Haryana. The village is 10 k.m.away from Rohtak on NH-10.
Native villagers tell that earlier the name of this village was Bhau Akbarpur (भाऊ अकबरपुर) which, later due to tongue-twisting, started to be pronunciated as Bahu Akbarpur.
According to one legend the village was founded by three brothers(sons of Ch.GusaaI Balhara ).When they reached this place on one fine day, the wife of the younger brother asked her son to tell his tau to unload his belongings some further away otherwise it will get crowded. The JAT got the message and started again. He stopped at Neemsera (Delhi)and sent back the message that"if it is still crowded I will go further. The village got its present name because it got divided between two brothers Akbar and Jamal some 150 years back for tax collocation. So bada gaon got the name of Bhau Akbarpur and chota gaon Bhau Jamalpur.
The occupations are Agriculture,Defence Services,Transport,Business and Animal Husbandry
- Senior Secondary School(boys).
- Senior Secondary School(girls).
- Disha Public High School.
- St. Mary Senior Secondary School.
- Siksha Bharti Senior Secondary School.
- H.D. Senior Secondary Public School.
- Surya Public High School.
- 9 Anganwadis.
- Punjab National Bank.
- Rohtak cooperative bank.
- Bus Stand
- bus adda arya smaaj.
- bus adda school.
- Tau Davi Lal Stadium.
- Tau Davi Lal Public Park.
- Maternity home.
- Ayurvedic hospital.
- Viklang Sahyata Kendera.
- AIDS Control Center.
- Veterinary Hospital.
- aawaara pashu kender
- Panchayat ghar.
- Harijan choupal-02
- General choupal-07.
- Aryasmaj Mandir.
- Radha Krishna Mandir.
- Shiv Mandir.
- Hanumaan Mandir
- Akhada Boras.
- Akhada Ritehodi.
- SAMSHAAN GHAT-04.
- Water Supply Works-01(Haryana's largest).
- Fish Farm-01.
- Major Gen.Mahavir Singh Balhara (Rtd.).
- Maj Gen Jang Shmsher Singh Kundu (Late) - village Bahu Akbarpur (Rohtak), History of the Jats: Ram Sarup Joon, p.244
- Captain Kanwar Jasbir Singh (Kundu) - Son of Maj Gen Jang Shmsher Singh
- Sh. Rajbir Arya (Chairman, Market committee Rohtak) (SeniorVice president Rohtak BJP)
- Preetem Singh Balhara(Dist.cong.Prsident).(nomore).
- Manender Singh Balhara (Junior National Cycling Champion).
- Narender Singh Balhara (Singer,Actor).(no more).
- Kuldeep Singh Balhara.(Singer ,Actor).(no more).
- Manjeet Singh (Singer,Actor).
- Dr.Joginder Singh Balhara (USA).
Martyrs Of War
- Sp. Rawat Singh Balhara (1962).
- Capt.Jasbir Singh Kundu (1965).
- Lt. K.L. Batra (1965)
- Nk. Sajjan Siingh Balhara.(1965).
- Hav. Om Prakash Balhara.(Kargil).
Back to Jat Villages