- Berea Greek city - Beria (बेरिया) Clan of Jats is found in Madhya Pradesh. They were supporters of Johiya Federation. It is matter of research if there is any relation with Berea city of the Macedonia, northern Greece.
- Beriya gotra is said to have started from their ancestoral king Maharaja Beri Singh. 
- (i) Rangi, from the rang, or bark of the beri tree used for dyeing,
- (ii) Jaria, from jar, the root,
- (iii) Beria, from ber, the fruit,
- (iv) Jhari, or seedlings, and
- (v) Khichar, or bud.
H. A. Rose  writes....The Joiyas are brave, but, like the Wattus, addicted to theft. The Lakhwera sept is the highest in the social scale and has a great reputation for courage. The tribe is devoted to horses and buffaloes. No Joiya considers it derogatory to plough with his own hands, but if a man gives up agriculture and takes to trade or handicraft the Joiyas cease to enter into any kind of relationship with him. Sahn Pal is said to have coined his own money at Bhatner, a proof that he exercised sovereign power. Bawa Farid-ud-Din, Shakarganj, converted Lunan, Ber and Wisul to Islam and blessed Lunan, saying " Lunan, dunan, chaunan" i.e., "may Lunan's posterity multiply." These three brothers wrested the fortress of Bhatinda from the Slave Kings of Delhi and ruled its territory, with Sirsa and Bhatner, independently.
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Bhind district
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam district with population of this gotra are:
Villages in Ashoknagar district
Villages in Gwalior district
Villages in Bhopal district
- ठाकुर नाहरसिंह जी – [पृ.579]: ग्वालियर राज्य की महगावां में चमाड़ी एक जागीरी गांव है। ठाकुर नाहरसिंह जी पटेल यही के एक प्रसिद्ध जाट रहीस हैं। इनके पिता ठाकुर शेरसिंह जी हैं। आप एक नौजवान जाट सरदार हैं। ग्वालियर राज्य जाट सभा के कार्यकर्ता हैं। आप का गोत्र बेरिया है। 
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.53, s.n. 1812
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ब-123
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al.: Ādhunik Jat Itihas, Agra 1998, p. 268
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.356
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,pp.412
- Thakur Deshraj:Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.579
Back to Jat Gotras