Jat Gotras after him
- The first son of Queen Rukmini was Pradyumna, and also born of her were Charudeshna, Sudesna and the powerful Charudeha, along with Sucharu, Charugupta, Bhadracharu, Charuchandra, Vicharu and Charu, the tenth (SB 10.61.8-9). Of them, Pradyumna was the crown prince of Dwaraka.
- He was one of the Kshatriyas who attended the Swayamvara of Draupadi.
- Charudeshna attended Rajasuya sacrifice with his brother Chakradeva.
- He also attended Raivataka mountain festival of Bhojas, Vrishnis and Andhakas.
- Mahabharata:(I.177.16), (1.188),(I.221.8), (I.221),(II.31.15),
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihas (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998 p.242
- Adi Parva, Mahabharata/Mahabharata Book I Chapter 188,shloka 16: संकर्षणॊ वासुदेवॊ रौक्मिणेयश च वीर्यवान साम्बश च चारु देष्णश च सारणॊ ऽथ गदस तथा
- चारु थेष्णः सह भरात्रा चक्रथेवॊ ऽद सात्यकिः अहं च रौहिणेयश च साम्बः शौरि समॊ युधि (Mbt, 2.13.56)
- Adi Parva Mahabharata Book 1 Chapter 221,shoka,10:अक्रूरः सारणश चैव गथॊ भानुर विडूरदः निशदश चारु थेष्णश च पृदुर विपृदुर एव च
Back to The Ancient Jats