Chaudhary Tarif Singh
Chaudhary Tarif Singh (चौ० तारीफ सिंह) (Shokeen) is a politician and social worker. He was born in village Sultanpur Majra, west Delhi, on 3 February 1943. Chaudhary Tarif Singh was Lok Sabha MP from Outer Delhi (9th Lok Sabha : 2 December 1989 – 13 March 1991) under the Janata Dal government. Ch. Charan Singh brought him into politics. He is a humble and honest Jat leader from Delhi. After Ch. Charan Singh, he joined Congress along with Ajit Singh.
He is an honest Jat leader and has been working towards upliftment of farmers and peasants, he is well appreciated and respected in Delhi and Haryana. Ch. Charan Singh, Fifth Prime Minister of India brought him into politics. He is a humble and honest Jat leader from Delhi. His granddaughter is married to social worker and upcoming Jat leader Ch. Ankit Mann
Bio Data at Lok Sabha Website
9th Lok Sabha
- TARIF SINGH, SHRI [Janata Dal—Delhi, Outer Delhi, 1989]: s. of Ramehar; b. at Vill. Sultanpur Majra, Delhi, February 3, 1943; ed. at Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Nangloi, Delhi, 10th Standard; m. Khillo Devi, June 26, 1962, 4 s. and 1 d.; Agriculturist;
- Previous Association with Political Parties: President, BLD, Nangloi, Delhi, 1974-75; President, LD, Delhi, 1985-86; President, LD(A), Delhi, 1986—88; Chairman, Parliamentary Board, JD, December 1989 onwards;
- Committee Experience: Member, Rules Committee, January 19, 1990 and Consultative Committee, Ministry of Urban Development, 1990;
- Special Interests: Development of rural and slum areas;
- Social Activities: Upliftment of farmers and depressed classes;
- Other Information: Suffered imprisonment for three years during Emergency;
- Permanent Address: Vill. Sultanpur Majra, P.O. Nangloi, Delhi-110041.
In 1977, he was elected as a Pradhan Gramsabha , Village Sultanpur Mazra.
1978 - 1980
He was Chairman of the Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC), Najafgarh, Delhi.
1985 - 1987
He became President of Lok Dal Delhi Pradesh, Delhi in 1985 and held this position till 1987.
1989 - 1991
Ch. Tarif Singh contested and won Lok Sabha elections from Delhi’s Outer Delhi seat and won by a huge margin. He dedicated this victory to the people living in his constituency and worked hard for betterment of Delhi. He was always appreciated to be a common man’s leader as he was always approachable by all during his term as Lok Sabha MP.
2000 - 2003
2003 - Present
Ch. Tarif Singh lives a simple life as a Social worker and a political activist. He helps the needy to the best of his abilities. He believes in the 'Simple living and high thinking' motto. People in Delhi circles appreciate him for all the great work he does in his daily life. He enjoys a huge fan base amongst people in Delhi and there have been many who have been requesting him to make a comeback to active politics.
Back to The Leaders