Dhall (ढल्ल) Dhull (ढल) Dhal (ढल) Dhul (ढल) Dhal (ढाल)/Dhala (ढाला) Dhull (ढूल्ल) Dhul (धूल) Dal (डल)/Dhall (ढल) Dhul (ढुल) is Gotra of Jats found in Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Delhi. They are said to be related to Dhillon. They are habitants of Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Delhi and Pakistan. In Gujarat they are called as Dal, Dhal (Del). It is a branch of Chauhan. Dal (डाल) Jat clan is found in Multan. 
- 1 History
- 2 Distribution in Punjab
- 3 Distribution in Haryana
- 4 Notable persons
- 5 See also
- 6 References
B S Dahiya writes:They are the Dahala of Indian History and literature. Their King Dahaladhisa (king of the Dahalas) is mentioned in Bilhan’s Vikramanka Deva Charita.  Dallan was the name of a scholiast on Susrauta.  Delhi is called the capital of Saka emperor (Sakadhipa Rajadhani) .
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
Villages in Mohali district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Karnal district
Villages in Jind district
Villages in Kaithal district
Villages in Rohtak district
- Chaudhary Dal Singh - First Irrigation and Power Minister, Haryana.
- Praveen Dhul - Rowing.
- Jasbir Singh Dhull - Civil Judge Haryana, Civil Judge Residence, Bhiwani, Haryana, Ph: 01664-240671, (PP-992)
- Hawa Singh Dhull - Accounts Officer Haryana.
- Anant Kumar Dhull - IPS 1986 batch , Haryana Cadre.
- Parminder Singh Dhull - MLA from Julana Constituency.
- Smt. Ragho Devi Dhull - Educationist, Principal Haryana Govt. GSSS, 118, Vikas Nagar Rohtak, Haryana, Ph: 01262-243166 (PP-932).
- Mr. Hawa Singh Dhull - Govt Service, AAO Electricity Haryana Govt., Central Electric Division, Karnal, H.No 1731, Sector-7, Urban Estate Karnal, Haryana, Ph: 0184-2281895 (PP-947).
- Er. Ajay Dhull - From village Mundhal Khurd, District Bhiwani.
- Vijay Dhull - IPS, Rajasthan
- Deepika Singh (Dhull) : Officially only Deepika Singh, RS (C&CE) 2014 Batch, Currently at Training, NACEN Faridabad, M: 9818211709
- Vijay Dhull: IPS 2012 U.P. S.P. Lucknau, From Sonipat, Haryana, M: 9873367383
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ढ-29
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1077
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ढ-13
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ध-29
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.237, s.n.49
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.238, s.n.67
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1089
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/D, p.221
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Jat Clan in India,p. 281
- XVIII, 93-95
- See Sanskrit English Dictionary, M. Williams , 1960. p. 430
- ibid , p. 1045
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/D, p.240
Back to Jat Gotras