The population of the village is about 7000. About 90 percent are Jats.
Other castes are: swami, brahman, suthar, meghwal, purohit, teli, nai and darji.
There inhabited Sirai (Muslims) people in the village prior to two centuries back. The village was got vacated and rehabilitated as a fully Jat village. Four Chaudharies who played an important role in this matter were:Ramji Jakhar, Sawaiji Khangat, Mehaji Saran and Nandramji Beniwal. These Chaudharies were very respected and powerful during Jagirdari period also. There is a popular saying in the area :
- सवाई-मेहा-नन्दराम-रामजी ।
- चारों चकवे चौधरी राज केवे साब जी ।।
- Chanchal Godara - Daughter of Smt Suman Chaudhary and Amra Ram Godara, IIT Munmbai, Computer Branch. She got 94.4 % marks in 12th class. 
- Laxman Ram Jakhar Dharasar
- Rupa Ram Saran - Social worker from village Dharasar, Chohtan, Barmer, Rajasthan. He donated Rs 11000 for construction work at Jat Dharmshala Haridwar.
Back to Jat Villages