Academic qualifications and career
S. Jabir Raza has pursued studies in History to earn his Masters in Arts degree, and then did his Ph.D. with a specialization in Medieval India. He has also received the Charles Wallace fellowship from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, in 1996. He also visited France as visiting fellow extended by maison des science del Homme Paris.
He is a professor at the Department of History in Women's College of the Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh, (formerly, Mohammedan Anglo–Oriental College) that draws students from not only from India but also from foreign countries, especially from Africa, West Asia, Southeast Asia, and Commonwealth Countries.
Books and research papers published
- The Martial Jats: Their conflict with the Ghaznavid Sultans
- S. Jabir Raza has published 20 papers.
- One of the paper published by S. Jabir Raza was selected by the University Grants Commission (India) for its model curriculum: History and Archaeology, 2002.
- Two of the papers by him has been included in the syllabus of Jamia Hamdard University (New Delhi) and Centre Of Advanced Study in History, Aligarh Muslim University.
- Professor Syed Jabir Raza – Aligarh Muslim University
- Academics – Aligarh Muslim University
- Raza, S. Jabir (2004). The Jats of Punjab and Sind: Their Settlements and Migrations (c. 5th-12th AD).
- Suraj Mal Memorial Education Society Centre for Research and Publication (2006). The Jats: their role & contribution to the socio-economic life and polity of north & north-west India 2. Originals. p. 52. ISBN 8188629529.
- Suraj Mal Memorial Education Society Centre for Research and Publication (2006). The Jats: their role & contribution to the socio-economic life and polity of north & north-west India 2. Originals. p. 52,63. ISBN 8188629529.
- Sharma, Gauri (2006). Prime ministers under the Mughals, 1526-1707. Kanishka Publishers. p. 16. ISBN 8173918236. "33. Syed Jabir Raza, "Ghaznavid Origins of the Administrative Institutions of the Delhi Sultanat". P.I.H.C., 1992, New Delhi, pp. 232-41."
- Indian History Congress (2007). Proceedings of the Indian History Congress 67 (illustrated ed.). Indian History Congress. pp. xiii. "28. Epigraphic Evidence for Officials and Administrative Offices in the Delhi Sultanate S. Jabir Raza, Aligarh, AM-14253"
- Auer, Blain H. (2012). "Bibliography". Symbols of Authority in Medieval Islam: History, Religion and Muslim Legitimacy in the Delhi Sultanate. Volume 6 of Library of South Asian history and culture (illustrated ed.). I.B.Tauris. p. 215. ISBN 1848855672. "Raza, S. Jabir. "Nomenclature and Titulature of the Early Turkish Sultans of Delhi Found in Numismatic Legends." In Medieval Indian Coinages: A Historical and Economic Perspective, edited by Amiteshwar Jha, 85-96. Nasik: Indian Institute of Research in Numismatic Studies, 2001."
- Bleaney, C. Heather; Gallego, María Ángeles (2006). Afghanistan: A Bibliography. BRILL. p. 212. ISBN 900414532X. "3068 RAZA, S. Jabir. Iqta' system in the pre-Ghurid kingdoms and its antecedents. Proceedings of the Indian History Congress: 54th Session (1993), Mysore. Delhi: Indian History Congress, 1994, pp. 707-713. [Iran & Afghanistan]"
- Bleaney, C. Heather; Gallego, María Ángeles (2006). Afghanistan: A Bibliography. BRILL. p. 212. ISBN 900414532X. "3069 RAZA, S. Jabir. The Afghans and their relations with the Ghaznavids and the Ghurids. Proceedings of the Indian History Congress, 55th Session, Aligarh, 1994. Delhi: Indian History Congress, Department of History, University of Delhi, 1995, pp. 784-791."
- U. P. History Congress (2007). Rizavī, Saiyada Najamula Razā; Jafri, Saiyid Zaheer Husain, eds. Explorations in Indian History. Anamika Pub & Distributors. p. 6. ISBN 8179751678. "Page 6: "12. Sultan Mahmud's Military Route to Kannauj — S. Jabir Raza. Page 16: "12. S. Jabir Raza, Department of History, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (U.P.)"
Back to Resources
Back to Jat Historians