Hardwari Lal (हरद्वारी लाल) (Dalal) (Born: Sept. 10, 1910) hailed fromChhara village in Rohtak district in Haryana, who remained MLA for a long time, both in Punjab and Haryana Assemblies. He was also the Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Rohtak Constituency in 1984-1989. Chhara village is now part of Jhajjar district.
After formation of Haryana state on 1 November 1966, Hardwari lal was the Education Minister in the cabinet of Chief Minister Rao Birender Singh (in 1967).
A lawyer from profession, he was an educationist and was later appointed as Vice Chancellor of Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak.
Brief bio-data from Lok Sabha web portal
This bio data has been copied from the following link -
8th Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile
HARDWARI LAL, SHRI M.A., [Congress (I)—Haryana Rohtak, 1984] s. of Shri Nathu Ram; b. at Chhara Village, Rohtak District, September 10, 1910; ed. at Jat Heroes Memorial School, Rohtak and St. Stephen College, Delhi; D. Litt (Honoris Causa) Jabbalpur University; m. Smt. Vidyavati, December 25, 1934; 3 d.; Civil Service, Teacher, Educationist and Writer; previously associated with Swatantra Party, detained under MISA, July 1975—January 1977; President, Swatantra Party, Haryana Unit, 1968; Member, Punjab Civil Service upto 1951; Minister of Education and Planning Government of Haryana 1967; Principal, Vaish College, Bhiwani 1952-54; Founder Principal, K.M. College, Delhi; 1954-57; Vice-Chancellor, Kurukshetra University and Maharishi Dayanand University since October 27, 1977; Chairman, (i) Flood Advisory Committee Haryana, 1977-78, (ii) Cooperative Sugar Mill Panipat; Member, (i) Punjab Public Service Commission, and (ii) Standing Committee, Association of Indian Universities for 2 years; Member Council, Association of Commonwealth Universities, 1982, Founder K. M. College of Education, Bhiwani; Member, Punjab Haryana Legislative Assembly, February 1962—October, 1977.
- Social activities: Founding, managing and administering educational institutions.
- Favourite pastime and recreation: Walking and reading.
- Special interests: Reading.
- Books published: (i) "A Chief Minister Runs Amuck" (ii) "Emergence of Rough and Corrupt Politics in India—Anatomy of a Chief Minister" (iii) "Bansi Lal and His Associates" (iv) "555 days in Jail" (v) "Myth and Law of Parliamentary Privileges"; Editor, Punjab 'Sentinel' (Weekly), 1965-66.
- Travels abroad: U.K., U.S.A., Canada, France, West Germany, Switzerland, Romania and Libya.
- Permanent address: (1) Vice-Chancellor, Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak; (ii) 6/1 Roop Nagar, Delhi-110007.
Back to The Leaders