This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the Chaupal.
Namaste! Can anyone tell me for sure that, at present, the village Karsindhu is under which tehsil: Safidon or Uchana? Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 15:21, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
- In 2016, 10 new tehsils were created by the Government of Haryana, with Uchana being one of them. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 15:25, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
- Perhaps Deswalji can help you. --Ashok Talk 18:01, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
Karsindhu village falls under Uchana tahsil, as per website of Haryana Government - https://cdn.s3waas.gov.in/s3218a0aefd1d1a4be65601cc6ddc1520e/uploads/2019/03/2019031072.pdf
Dayanand Deswal (talk) 13:04, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you, sir. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 12:54, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
Ive been told i should discuss about this clan to you guys and im not entirely sure what im supposed to do but im trying to add it to this website but it keeps being vandalised and removed -- User:OGJatt -- User talk:OGJatt --
- Namaste! It was me who advised you to have a discussion here about Bhatoa clan, and as promised, I am here to help you along with others. First of all, no one vandalized that page. You may go through the edit summaries of the page here. Proper reasons were mentioned for the removal of the so-called references.
I had pointed out about this page to Burdak sir before removing the content, and his comments on my talk page were: "One member has added this clan but so far we found no distribution and so far not found in any list. It has to be verified.Laxman Burdak (talk) 06:05, 22 January 2020 (UTC)".
Citing an open wiki where you add content and then use it as references isn't a good idea, neither is citing a web-link from a forum where not even one citation is provided. Read the comments from Burdak sir, and the edit summaries to understand the situation better.
Can you provide any reference that this is a Jat clan? If not, you may start by providing some data on their geographical distribution or demographics. In which district(s) of Punjab is this clan found? In which of the villages of those districts? Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 12:48, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
Here are the references :
OGJatt (talk) 21:18, 7 February 2020 (UTC)
- Bhatoa surname is added on Jatt page of SikhiWiki after a request by someone (possibly you, not sure). BTW a wiki can not be a source for another wiki. --Ashok Talk 08:44, 8 February 2020 (UTC)
- टिप्पणी - यह मुद्दा गंभीरता से लिया जाना चाहिए। सिखी विकि पर एक सदस्य MrSingh1989 द्वारा किये गए योगदान (Contributions) आप सभी को देखने की आवश्यकता है। पहले इस यूजर ने सिख रविदासिया समुदाय के पेज से bhatoa उपनाम हटाया और अलग से पृष्ठ बना कर इस उपनाम को सिख जाटों का उपनाम बता दिया। इसके बाद Jatt पृष्ठ पर इसे जोड़ने का आग्रह किया। इस प्रकार इस यूजर को सफलता प्राप्त हुई। अगर वास्तव में यह उपनाम सिख जाटों का है तो कोई पुस्तक या भरोसेमंद स्रोत होगा जिसमें इसका उल्लेख हो। --Ashok Talk 09:07, 8 February 2020 (UTC)
- So how are we going to solve this issue then? OGJatt (talk) 23:26, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Now, it all depends on you! Read the above comments, and get busy! Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 12:50, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- OGJatt is showing no sincerity, and adding the same unreferenced content again and again, despite being given a chance to explain himself. I agree with Ashok ji that we should delete this page. I also suggest that we temporarily block OGJatt. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 13:01, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
im ready to comply and i will stop editing it without permission, however i would like it to be to not be put up deletion in the time i am working, as it's stressing with my other work and side hobbies, i sincerely apologise for my behaviour and can absolutely guarantee it will not continue OGJatt
) 17:48, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
recently i came across this, i dont know or think this is sufficient, however i would hope it's somewhat considered in shape or form, thank you. OGJatt
) 17:52, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- Namaste! You do not need anyone's permission to make contributions to JL Wiki, however, you should understand that the added content must be backed up by proper references. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 19:14, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
okay i understand, here the link i was supposed to include in my last message 'https://forebears.io/surnames/bhatoa' OGJatt
) 19:33, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- Not acceptable! A user posted a comment there without any reference to anyone. That does not prove anything. I don't think that you have even one reference for your claim. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 09:10, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
I propose that we immediately block User:ThakurGuman as he is creating pages about Rajputs and villages of Rajputs on JL Wiki, and had added a lot of content on Rajputs on the Sodh page. For now, I am blanking the pages created by him, and placing them under the "Pages for Deletion" category. I think that he, himself, is a non–Jat. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 12:30, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- User:ThakurGuman has been blocked for a month. Regards Laxman Burdak (talk) 10:06, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
Protection of pages
Looking to the recent vandalism on some of wiki pages we feel that pages which have been developed and there is no scope for their expansion can be protected to prevent vandalism. You may suggest such pages. Regards, Laxman Burdak (talk) 16:40, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
Consensus: Important Files on Wiki
Namaste, dear respected Wiki Editors!
Following on the suggestions given at Jatland Wiki:Chaupal#Suggestions for Protection of pages, I would like to request you all to participate in a discussion regarding the second suggestion given by me (About Files: Protect each and every File/Image on JatLand Wiki), and assist in reaching consensus regarding the protection (or non-protection) of our valued Files/Images on Wiki.
We, all, are aware of the fact that all of the users of Wiki are free to upload Files on Wiki whenever they want to, and it is a good thing. However, at present, all of the users can also move or change the Image of a File.
I propose that we protect all the important Files on Wiki, and allow only our Wiki Moderators to make changes to them. I, myself, have never touched any important File, and I think that I would prefer to upload a new Image rather than making changes to an existing important File. Even if I would ever feel the need to make a change to the Image of a File, I would never do that without discussing that with you. Never!
Kindly note that I am concerned only about the important Files on Wiki.
- My Opinion: Protect each and every important File on Wiki (Protection Level: Wiki Moderators). With respect and best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 20:42, 28 February 2020 (UTC)
- My opinion: I do agree with you. Even if we protect a file, admins are always free to unprotect and do any editing if needed. We can go ahead ! Laxman Burdak (talk) 16:03, 29 February 2020 (UTC)
- Please have a look at thread "Discussions at Wiki Corner" at Jatland Forums.
) 14:03, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
- I already pointed my views on Hardeepji's talk page. Since there is no disadvantage to protect files, so Yes we can protect important files only. Regards, --Ashok Talk 18:26, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
CONSENSUS: Unanimous decision to put all the important Files on Wiki under protection (Protection Level: Wiki Moderators).
With respect and best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 13:34, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
Suggestions for Protection of pages
- About Books: Protect all the books
- About Files: Protect each and every File/Image on JatLand Wiki
- About Pages: I would say that there will always be something informative to be be added to pages, but that does not concern 99.99% of our users. I mean that I have in my mind some changes that I will make to a few important pages as soon as I am finished looking at the sources, but most of our members does not go to important pages (with the exceptions of users who wish to vandalize important pages).
(1) Reserve the right to "move" pages with Wiki Moderators only. This should be the top-most priority. Reverting the changes on a page is not much of a pain, but restoring content on moved pages is tricky. Is this possible? Answer requested!
- This Request about move rights has been sent to system Admin. Laxman Burdak (talk) 01:44, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
(2) Any account which is not more than 3 months old, should be able to edit pages, but his/her changes should not be saved. It should be something like a "pending approval" situation. And, if a Wiki Moderator approves them, only then the changes should be effective on the Wiki page.
(3) Any account which is not more than 6 months old, should be allowed only a limited number of edits per day. I would suggest 5 edits per day. From 6 to 12 months, 10 edits per day. Then, any number of edits per day. Most of the members who add encyclopedia level content on JL Wiki have older accounts.
(4) Can there be a categorization of pages in-between non-protected and protected pages? Is it possible to have semi-protected pages? If yes, then only Wiki Moderators (Seniors) and Junior Moderators (see the content below) may be allowed to edit semi-protected pages, while fully-protected pages might only be edited by Senior Moderators.
- About Preventive Measures: Learn from Wikipedia. We need more people to patrol the changes here, and also people who can actually do something when anything wrong is happening. One thing I can suggest is an intermediate arrangement: "Junior Moderators".
These should be people who are granted more rights than usual/other users, but do not have full privileges. For example, they must never be able to delete any page. They must not be given this right. They should be given roll-back rights. They may also be deprived of the right to edit protected pages unless they have gained enough trust (a few years of good work at JL Wiki), but still, not the right to delete pages.
They should be allowed (told to do so) to block a user for a period of not more than one week (or the minimum period possible), and then they must justify their reason for doing so before the Wiki Moderators (Seniors).
Granting or not-granting of some other rights may also be discussed here on Chaupal.
Furthermore, I would request the Wiki Moderators (Admins) to discuss what they think could be the solutions to effectively deal with vandalism here, before actually implementing their ideas. Trust me, together, we would find even better and long-term solutions. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 19:34, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- Good suggestions by HardeepMoar (talk). From now on ward such pages where normally only admins at wiki edit will be protected at the time of creation. In that case also Admins can edit and improve. New members have to be kept in watch list. Regards, Laxman Burdak (talk) 01:35, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- I have protected all pages with links from Main page. Books are already protected but if you find some unprotected pages these may be mentioned here for protection. Regards, Laxman Burdak (talk) 02:03, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- Dear sir, I have been adding invaluable content to JatLand Wiki. My contributions: Special:Contributions/Moar (a self-block was specially requested for this account by myself) and Special:Contributions/HardeepMoar (for some reasons, I had to create a fresh account). Besides creating new pages, I have been adding invaluable content to important pages on JatLand Wiki (which I cannot edit now), and I want to continue to do so. Please make an exception for me and Ashok ji, and give us access to all pages on JatLand Wiki. I am here only to edit important pages, and to create new pages which I would eventually use for important pages. I speak not just Hindi and English but other foreign languages also, as you may see from the quality-content being added by me using books in other languages as sources. Please do not give them (who vandalized pages) what they want. This is what they want. To keep people like me away from JatLand Wiki. Just think about it. Kindly allow me to continue. Please! I have so much in mind. So much to add (only to important pages). If not allowed to continue to edit important pages, this will be a sad good-bye from me. I want the freedom to make contributions at any time of the day I wish to, and to format the content added by me, or format the already existing content for improvements. I have never abused the right to edit, and I will never abuse the right to edit. Please don't take this away from me. Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 03:47, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- I appreciate your work and recommended for Admin rights to System Admin. Regards, Laxman Burdak (talk) 05:23, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you, dear sir! Thank you so much! Best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 13:26, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- We should protect all the pages which are directly connected with the Main Page.
- It will be good to have a new user group "Admin Confirmed Users". So, we can protect important pages up to this user group. No need to protect pages to admin level except very important pages like Main page and some other.
- Admin Confirmed Users right will be given by any admin of this wiki to trusted users only.
Ashok Talk 06:37, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
- Ashok ji, below is my respectful reply to your 3 suggestions:
- Reply to First suggestion: If there can be a categorization of pages in-between non-protected and protected pages, and it would be possible to have semi-protected pages, it would be a great relief. If yes, then only Wiki Moderators (Seniors) and Wiki Junior Moderators (explained above) may be allowed to edit semi-protected pages, while fully-protected pages (by that I mean, only the pages which were fully protected "before" this latest incident of vandalism, i.e. the pages which were in the fully-protected list last week – not the pages fully-protected at present) might only be edited by Wiki Senior Moderators.
I am here only to edit important pages, and to create new pages which I would eventually use for important pages.
One such example would be the creation of article "Natalya Romanovna Guseva", and then addition of her comments to "Special:WhatLinksHere/Natalya_Romanovna_Guseva" (← this list also includes the article "Jats" which is now protected, but fortunately, due to the faith of Burdak sir in me, I would have access to this page again). Another example would be the creation of page "M. K. Kudryavtsev", and then addition of his comments to "Special:WhatLinksHere/M._K._Kudryavtsev". Soon, I will add one sentence, citing Dr. Kudryavtsev as a reference, to "Jats" (after being granted access/permission to edit the important pages).
- Reply to Second suggestion: I really like your idea of "Admin Confirmed Users". We really need such ideas, because with time, the number of users who wish to add encyclopedia-level content would (should) increase. I have also tried to suggest something not exactly the same, but a suggestion worth considering: "Wiki Junior Moderators" (explained above).
- There are many fake information and you need to take it out.
- It is mentioned that MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT from JALANDHAR CONSTITUENCY - Santosh Singh Chaudhary is a Jat, thats not true because Jalandhar is a RESERVED SEAT for schedule caste. Just because someone has Chaudhary as surname please don't make them a Jat on this website. In South Asian Countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, "Chaudhary" is a very common name among many castes. I'm requesting you to kindly remove it, before Mr. Santosh or any of his associates sees it and takes some action against this website for propagating fake news.
- We need to update a lot of information on the Jat member of parliament on this website, I know it says Here is the partial list of Jat Members of Parliament but many names and information about them is missing. Sorry to bother you I would have done it myself but only administrators can edit it.
- Most of the Jat surnames are similar with another castes too please do research and confirm before writing here about a person whether he/she is a Jat.
- This is the government website of Lok Sabha where it says that Jalandhar is a reserved seat .
- On this page serial number 25 of 2019 member of Parliament click here .
- I have attached enough proof from Government websites, Election Commission of India website, Wikipedia - about the information that says Jalandhar is a reserved seat.
- regards Solankivich
Solankivich (talk) 19:31, 12 April 2020 (UTC)
- Namaste, Solanki Ji. Thank you for pointing out this. I have not lived in India for years, so I have no idea about the Jalandhar constituency, but assuming that you are right, I have removed the mention of the honourable gentleman Mr. Chaudhari from that page. I request the senior editors to kindly look into this. Was a mistake made? With respect and best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 20:25, 12 April 2020 (UTC)
नये बदलाव की आवश्यकता
नमस्ते! सबसे पहले जाटलैंड विकि पर चौपाल पन्ने के बनने पर सभी को बधाई व शुभकामनाएं!
वर्तमान में इस विकि पर नोटिफ़िकेशन सिस्टम कमजोर है, यानि यहाँ पिंग सिस्टम नहीं है। पिंग सिस्टम कई चीजों को आसान बना देता है। जैसे हम किसी पन्ने पर किसी टॉपिक पर चर्चा कर रहें है और वहाँ किसी अनुभवी या अन्य सदस्य की टिप्पणी की आवश्यकता हो तो उसका Username लिखने से उसके पास नोटिफ़िकेशन पहुँच जाएगा।
इस बदलाव के लिए एक एक्सटैन्शन यहाँ इस विकि पर इन्स्टाल करना पड़ेगा, वह है - Extension:Echo
धन्यवाद। सादर, Ashok Talk 08:23, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
इस एक्सटैन्शन के बारे में अधिक जानने के लिए आप यहाँ देख सकते हैं। --Ashok Talk 08:35, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
- आपका सुझाव अति उत्तम है। आदर सहित — HardeepMoar (talk) 14:40, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
आपको पता होगा कि शिव जाटों के पूर्वज माने गए हैं. शिव के 1008 नाम हैं जो अधिकांश जाट गोत्रों को प्रदर्शित करते हैं. बहुत से जाट गोत्रों की उत्पत्ति सीधे शिव से मानी गई है यथा Shivran, Sheokand, Shibi, Shivahote, Shivaj, आदि. अनेक जाट गोत्र शिव के गणों के नाम से निकले हुये माने गए हैं. Atreya, Bhaga, Bharani, Chandi, Deha, Gopta, Hamsa, Hara, Hari, Jati, Kalakala, Mana, Manya, Munda, Naga, Pandu, Punya, Saroha आदि. इनको Shivagotri कहते हैं. इस विषय में अधिक खोज के लिए वे सब पेज जिनमें शिव का उल्लेख होता है उनकी कॅटेगरी Shiva दी गई है. कृपया आप भी इस तथ्य का ध्यान रखें और जहाँ यह नहीं दी गई है जोड़ देवें ताकि उन सब पेजों पर आगे अनुसंधान हो सके. Laxman Burdak (talk) 05:48, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
- ॐ नमः शिवाय। Surely, dear sir! With respect and best regards — HardeepMoar (talk) 23:07, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
Namaste, dear ones! Kindly have a look at the article Kalihar Chauhan created by User:Mukesh badhran. It is making some false claims. It needs to be worked upon. If there are no references in any of the books of Jat historians on this, then I suggest that we redirect this page to Chauhan. With respect and best regards, — HardeepMoar (talk) 08:28, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
- Kaliar is already there. Kalihar is its variant. We can move Kalihar Chauhan to Kalihar. A clan may be part of different ruling federations at different times. Regards, Laxman Burdak (talk) 16:11, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
Extension Echo has been installed
Extension Echo has been installed.
- @System: धन्यवाद जी. :) --Ashok Talk 18:00, 3 May 2020 (UTC)
Lrburdak Ji, Dndeswal Ji, Ashokchoudhry Ji: Dear senior editors, kindly forgive me for not being here for quite some time. I am resuming to edit Wiki again. With respect and best regards, HardeepMoar (talk) 08:58, 25 July 2020 (UTC)
- Solankivich Ji: thank you for your message on my user talk page. I appreciate that )) With respect and best regards, HardeepMoar (talk) 09:00, 25 July 2020 (UTC)
- Lrburdak Ji, Dndeswal Ji, Ashokchoudhry Ji: Dear senior editors, I gave it another good thought yesterday... to really manage to take out some time for editing JL wiki. However, it's not practically possible at this time. In fact, I may not be able to edit JL wiki for another two–three months. Apologies! With respect and best regards, HardeepMoar (talk) 02:05, 26 July 2020 (UTC)