Note - Click → Kalwa for details of similarly named villages at other places.
Kalwa Bara village was founded by Kaluji Dudi.
It is situated at a distance of 17 km from Makrana in the west direction on Khatu-Nagaur road. This is a well-connected village by road and rail. PIN Code of the village is: 341502. It is situated 16km away from Makrana town and 98km away from Nagaur city. Being a large village, Kalwa Bara has got its own gram panchayat. Dabriya, Kajana and Bhinchawa are some of the neighbouring villages.
The village was founded by Kaluji Jat of Dudi gotra. Hence the name of village became Kalwa.
The tamrapatra of Jagir of Kalwa was given to Kaluji Dudi by Delhi Sultnate. Kaluji built many ponds, developed gochar lands and dug a Bera (still present) named Dhala in his Jagir. Kaluji had two sons Ashaji and Dedaji. Their descends are called Ashawat Dudi and Dedawat Dudi. After their death the Meratias of Borawad invited Dudis on feast and killed many of them and occupied the Jagir of Kalwa. The remaining Dudis moved to other parts of Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab etc. Some Dudis moved to far off Dhanis in Kalwa region.
The population of the Jats in the village Kalwa and Dhanis around it is about 4000. There are 500 families of Jats residing in the village out of them 250 families are of Dudi Jats. The Jat Gotras in the village are:
According to Census-2011 information:
- With total 847 families residing, Kalwa Bara village has the population of 4980 (of which 2545 are males while 2435 are females).
- Karmabai (20.8.1615 - 25.7.1634) - The famous Jat woman Bhakt Shiromani Karmabai was born in 1615 in the family of Jiwanji Dudi in this village.
- Chaudhari Gumana Ram has been Sarpanch of the village from 1951-1977 and has to his credit the all round development of the village.
- Chandra Prakash Dudi - Social Worker and Journalist from Kalwa, Nagaur, Rajasthan, Mob:9929199990, Chandra Prakash Dudi on facebook
- Jat Samaj, Agra, October 1998
Back to Jat Villages