Jat Gotras from Kanchanaksha
- Kacheriya (कचेरिया) Kacheria (कचेरिया) Kachauria (कचौड़िया) Kachela (कचेला) Jat Gotras are are considered descendants of a warrior Kanchanaksha offered to Kartikeya as mentioned in Shalya Parva, Mahabharata/Book IX Chapter 44 (9.44.43).
- Kanchap(कंचप) -
Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 19 has mentioned Kanchanas in the army of king Bhagadatta who fought for Pandawas:
- "And in the same way king Bhagadatta, gladdening the heart of Dhritarashtra's son, gave an Akshauhini of troops to him. And the unassailable mass of his troops, crowded with Chhinas and Kiratas and Kanchanas, all looking like figures of gold, assumed a beauty like to that of a forest of Karnikara trees."
- तदैव धार्तराष्ट्रस्य हर्षं समभिवर्धयन
- भगदत्तॊ महीपालः सेनाम अक्षौहिणीं थथौ Mahabharata (5.19.14)
- तस्य चीनैः किरातैश च काञ्चनैर इव संवृतम
- बभौ बलम अनाधृष्यं कर्णिकारवनं यदा Mahabharata (5.19.15)
- "Meru, O Bharata, gave him two companions named Kanchana and Meghamalin"
- काञ्चनं च महात्मानं मेघमालिनम एव च
- थथाव आनुचरौ मेरुर अग्निपुत्राय भारत Mahabharata (9.44.43)
Mahabharata in Shalya Parva, Mahabharata/Book IX Chapter 44 mentions names of combatants armed with diverse weapons and clad in diverse kinds of robes and ornaments, All of them came to the ceremony for investing Kartikeya with the status of generalissimo. Shalya Parva in Sanskrit mentions in shloka 53 Kapahi along with Kanchaps as under:
- द्रॊण शरवाः कपिस्कन्धः काञ्चनाक्षॊ जलं धमः
- अक्षसंतर्जनॊ राजन कुनदीकस तमॊ ऽभरकृत Mahabharata (9.44.53)
Back to The Ancient Jats