Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner
Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner was founded in year 1931 by Chaudhari Pokar Ram Benda S/O Pooran Ram Ji Benda of Nagaur. It was initially developed as Jat Dharmshala in Ranibajar Bikaner on the land owned by Chaudhari Pokar Ram Benda but later converted to Kisan Chhatrawas.
On 10 March 1947 a trust of Kisan Dharmshala and Kisan Chhatrawas was registered with Registrar of Bikaner state with following members:
- 1. Ch. Pokar Ram Benda
- 2. Pandit Shankardatt Ji Vaidya, Mohta Hospital, Bikaner
- 3. Seth Ram Krishna Ji Agarwal, Bikaner
- 4. Ch. Chhoga Ram Godara S/O Khema Ram Godara, Akkhasar
- 5.Ch. Dharma Ram Sihag, Palana
- 6. Ch. Ganga Ram Mistri, Bikaner
- 7. Ch. Binja Ram Bhobia S/O Kesara Ram Bhobia, Badnu.
The land as par patta is 105 x 68.75 yards = 7218.75 sq. yard
The functioning started
The Hostel started functioning w.e.f. July 1947. First Batch had three students namely Anna Ram Sihag, Bahadur Singh Dhaka, Shivnath Singh.
Extension on Sagar Road Bikaner
Due to lack of space in Rani Bazar Hostel the then collector Govardhan Singh Chaudhary (Benda) helped to purchase land on Sagar Road. The hostel on Sagar Road was constructed by Ch. Malu Ram Kaswan of Gusainsar Bara with the help of contribution from donors. A plot adjoining the hostel was purchased on 7.10.88 at a cost of 1.40 lakh. Financial help for this was provided by Dr. Ram Karan Chaudhari (Molania), Tulsi Ram Moond Ex. Pradhan of (Moondsar), Ram Ratan Kaswan ex. Sarpanch of Ramsar, Ratan Lal Sihag of Swarupdesar.
- Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner Smarika 1994