Kushal Pal Singh Tewatia
Kushal Pal Singh Tewatia, (also called Kushal Pal Singh or K.P. Singh), Born on August 15th, 1931 at Khandehra Village Bulandshahr in Western Uttar Pradesh, is the second among the top ten richest Indians according to the latest London ‘Sunday Times’ rich list. He has an estimated wealth of about Rs 100,000/- crores. He is the Chairman of Delhi Land and Finance Ltd (DLF) Co. The other well known family members are Dr Navin Kumar Teotia, Advocate Mukhtyar Singh Teotia, Rajpal Singh Teotia, Arun Kumar Teotia etc. He was decorated with country's highest prestigious civilian award Padma Bhushan on 26 January 2010.
- Rai Bahadur Lal Chand Phogat - grandfather of KP Singh's wife
- Surendra Pal Singh MP - cousin of KP Singh
- Maharaja Brijendra Singh brother in law of Surendra Pal Singh
After graduating in Science from Meerut College, he went to UK to pursue higher studies in Aeronautical Engineering. Along the line, Mr. Singh got selected to the prestigious Indian Army, by British Officers services Selection Board, UK. Subsequently, he joined the Indian Military Academy at Dehradun. He thereafter was commissioned into The Deccan Horse- a renowned cavalry regiment of The Indian Army. In the year 1960, he joined American Universal Electric Company, a joint venture between Universal Electric Company of Owosso, Michigan and the Singh family. Subsequently, he promoted another company, i.e. Willard India Limited in collaboration with ESB inc of Philadelphia for manufacturing automatic and industrial batteries in India and became its Managing Director.
In the year 1979, he joined DLF Universal Limited. American Universal Company merged with DLF Universal Limited and Mr. Singh became the Managing Director of this new company. Today, the Group has established a national leadership position as a comprehensive and optimum value solution provider combining high-end technology, design and aesthetics in order to meet its customer aspirations across the residential, commercial and retail segments of the real estate industry. The Company DLF was founded in 1946 by his father-in-law Chaudhary Raghavendra Singh. This company has built 21 townships in south Delhi.
- Really great to see Shri K P Singh among top Businessmen of the planet. He is second Most Wealthiest Businessmen of INDIA.
- DLF (Delhi Land Finances) really soaring towards the apex of Indian Economy.
- DLF who's share price marked a remarkable improvement 525 Rs to 865 Rs once as on 8-9 Oct.
- A Business ICON, hailing from Bulandshahr, of course in Western Uttar Pradesh & laid down the foundation of GURGAON & direct the DLF to some new heights.
- Awarded with "DELHI RATNA" award.
Singh is married to Indira Singh, the daughter of Raghvendra Singh, the founder of DLF Limited. K. P. Singh has one son, Rajiv Singh, and two daughters, Renuka and Pia Singh.
Singh's son, Rajiv Singh, is vice-chairman of the DLF group. Rajiv's wife Kavita became an advisor to DLF Commercial Developers Ltd in November 2002. She was also appointed Advisor to DLF Universal Ltd. on 1 June 2011, with a retainership fee of Rs 250,000 per month and other benefits. Rajiv and Kavita have two daughters, both of whom work for the company. K. P. Singh's elder daughter Renuka is married to G.S. Talwar, a non-executive director at DLF Ltd. Their son, Rahul, has joined DLF India Ltd as a "senior management trainee." K.P. Singh's younger daughter Pia Singh is a full-time director with DLF.
- Hindustan times, New Delhi, 14 May 2006
- Dainik Bhaskar, 15 May 2006