Gotra originated from Lava, son of Rama. Lava over a period of time changed to Loh.
A legend or oral tradition holds that Lahore, known in ancient times as Lavapuri ("City of Lava" in Sanskrit),  was founded by Prince Lava or Loh,  the son of Rama, the Hindu deity, while Kasur was founded by his twin brother Prince Kusha.To this day, Lahore Fort has a vacant temple dedicated to Lava (also pronounced Loh, hence Loh-awar or "'The Fort of Loh'").
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ल-99
- Bombay Historical Society (1946):Annual bibliography of Indian history and Indology, Volume 4, p. 257
- Baqir, Muhammad (1985): Lahore,past and present, B.R. Pub. Corp. pp. 19–20
- Nadiem, Ihsan N (2005):Punjam - Land, History, People; Al-Faisal Nashran. p. 111.
- Aqoosh, Lahore Number 1976
Back to Jat gotras