Record Keepers maintain the genealogical matters of Jat Kshatriyas.
Variants of name
They are known by various names such as
- Bhat (traditional Poet),
- Charan (चारण),
- Jaga (जागा) (awakener),
- Jogi (जोगी)
How it started
This system was started with the creation of New Agnikula Kshatriyas at Mount Abu. Though these Jat clans existed earlier but the newly created system of recording their ancestry started from the point of creation of Agnikula Kshatriyas. Later on they credited the origin of these Jat clans from the respective Agnikula Kshatriya which is wrong and distorted fact. Infact large number of Jat clans joined one or other Agnikula Kshatriya group as per conditions at that time. The clans who joined Agnikula Kshatriya during Mount Abu mahayagya called them selves as Rajputs and those remained out of it were Jats and Gujars.
The role of a Bard
Dr. K. Jamanadas writes that ....The importance of bards in Rajput period can not be under estimated. The bard, the Bhat or Charan was an important feature of the court life of the Rajputs. He recited the heroic deeds of the ancestors of the Rajputs. He was an important and favoured person, He was the repository of the unwritten history of the clan. He was the undisputed authority on all genealogical matters. He was the registrar of the family's births, deaths and marriages. His verdict was final in setting disputes about the division of ancestral property or of caste and consaguinity in the case of wedlock. The person of the bard was sacrosanct. He acted as a herald in war, and as a pledge for the fulfilment of contracts. If those contracts were broken the bard would commit "Traga" or religious suicide, and thereby bring the most terrible of curses upon the head of the offender.
List of Record Keepers
- Here is the partial List of Record Keepers. You may add more.
- Bamraulia : 1. Jaga - Yuvraj Singh, Village:Hingoniyan, Sarwar, Ajmer, Rajasthan, Mob-09828787475; 2. Jaga - Jagannath Haselia, Village Dakhiya, Dist- Tonk, Rajasthan
- Bijarnia: The Bahi of the bard (Raoji Bajrang Singh, Dalania, Phagi, Jaipur) of Bijarnia.
- Burdak: Badwa - Bhawani Singh Rao of village Maheswas, tahsil Phulera, district Jaipur, Rajasthan, Mob:07742353459, 09785459386 पंडा - पंडित हंसराज हरीराम और सुरेन्द्रकुमार, मोबा: 09927715627, 09837132092. पता: अतिथि निवास, मनसादेवी फुटपाथ के सामने, रामप्रसाद गली, पंजाबी बेड़ा हरिद्वार. आपके द्वारा बुरड़क वंश के व्यक्तियों की मृत्यु का अभिलेख रखा जाता है और हरिद्वार में अस्थि विसर्जन किया जाकर अंतिम धार्मिक क्रियाएँ सम्पन्न की जाती हैं.
- Dhaulya : Bhat - Bharu Ram Bhat, From Degana, Nagaur keeps records of Dhaulya clan. Meghraj Hansraj, Naresh Kumar Govind Raj Haridwar (Record from VS 1806) Earlier Record at Sauron Ghat.
- Dudi : Badwa - Rao Chhotu Singh, From Village Dadia, Tahsil - Kishangarh, District - Ajmer, Rajasthan, Phone: 01463-230349, Mob: 09001329120
- Mainarya: Bhat Mange Ram Bashisht.
- Nodal: Bhat - Niranjan Singh son of Laduram, Village:Dadia, Tah: Kishangarh, Ajmer, Rajasthan, Mob:9636244833.
- Thalor: थालोड़ गोत्र के रेकोर्ड उनके बडवा गोपालराव (मोबा - 09828173479) गाँव श्रीनगर, तहसील राजगढ़, जिला अलवर द्वारा रखे जाते हैं.
Back to Lists of Jatland