Originates from Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)/(Tymplocos racemosa) trees.
Cities founded by Lodhra Clan
- Lodhruva - It was ancient capital of the Bhatti dynasty till 1156 AD, when Rawal Jaisal founded Jaisalmer and shifted shifted his capital. 
Lodhran (Hindi:लोधरान, Urdu: لودھران) is a city and district in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is located on the northern side of River Sutlej. An oldest Muslim Jat clan named Lodhra lived in Lodhran when it was a village within the Multan district. In 1962, Lodhran consisted of only a railway station, a hotel, a petrol station and a considerable amount of family members from the Lodhra caste. Due to the presence of the Lodhra family, this region was called Lodhran.
Distribution in Pakistan
According to 1911 census the Lodhra were the principal Muslim Jat clan in:
- Bahawalpur State - Lodhra (985)
Distribution in India
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ल-34
- "Jawahar Niwas: Grace of Jaisalmer". The Economic Times. May 31, 2002.
- "About Jaisalmer". Department of Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan
Back to Gotras