Narela (नरेला) is a vast village in North-west of Delhi which has now gained the status of a fulfledged district within the Union Territory of Delhi. It has a railway station in its name. Its original name is Nanera (ननेरा) and local people still call it with this name.
- Khatri: Basically, it was a village of Khatri gotra Jats but now many other gotra families may be residing in its proximity, due to rapid urbanisation.
- Kanak Singh Khatri Jagirdar from Narela
- Swami Omanand Sarswati (1910 - 2003) (स्वामी ओमानन्द सरस्वती) was a freedom fighter, educationist, historian and a social worker from Haryana in India. He was born in March 1910 in village ‘Narela’ near Delhi. His father was Chaudhari Kanak Singh, of 'Khatri' gotra very big Zamindar during the time of Mughals and Britishers.
- Chaudhary Deepchand Khatri son of Bharat Singh Khatri was the Numberdaar and cousin of Swami Omanand Sarswati
- Neeldaman Khatri - MLA from Narela vidhan Sabha , Delhi
- Himanshu Khatri: IRS C&CE 2014 batch, presently under training, From Narela, Delhi, M: 9818323839
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter III (Page 297)
Back to Jat Villages