Neerpura (नीरपुरा) is a village and site of Jat Fort in Gohad tahsil of Bhind district of Madhya Pradesh. Neerpura had provided two Bamraulia Jat rulers to the Gohad state: Girdhar Pratap Singh (1755-1757) and Rana Kirat Singh (r.1803 - 1835).
Neerpura village is located in Gohad Tehsil of Bhind district in Madhya Pradesh, India. It is situated 19km away from sub-district headquarter Gohad and 60km away from district headquarter Bhind. As per 2009 stats, Jhankri is the gram panchayat of Neerpura village. PIN Code: 453374. The total geographical area of village is 336.46 hectares. Neerpura has a total population of 1,020 peoples. There are about 180 houses in Neerpura village. Gohad is nearest town to Neerpura which is approximately 19km away. नीरपुरा के आसपास के गांव - झांकरी , करवास , छरैंटा , चम्हेड़ी , चितोरा , कारस , सिलोंहा ,निबरोल
Herokia Tomar - भरतपुर रियासत के हेरुक (वर्तमान नाम हेलक) से आये तोमर जाट नीरपुरा के गढ़पति थे। यह गढ़ी गोहद के जाट राजाओ के अधीन थी। नीरू जाट(तोमर,) की याद में नीरपुरा गढ़ी का निर्माण किया गया था।
Various Jat clans had an important role in running the administration of Gohad state. The supreme power of the state vested in the King but the senior chieftains from Jat clans in-charge of various forts in the state used to keep a balance.
Rana Bhim Singh (1702-1755) became ruler of Gohad after death of his father Rana Jaswant Singh. Gohad became a powerful state in regime of Rana Bhim Singh. There were 125 chieftains looking after the affairs of various forts. Some prominent chieftains were:  (Ojha,p.60)
- Neerpura - Rao Balju
- Itayali - Kunwar Madho Singh
- Karwas - Hameer Singh
- Pipada - Vikramdutta
- Mudhaina - Kunwar Guman Singh
- 1.Rana Jaswant Singh, Rana of Gohad
- 2. Kunwar Mandhata Singh, of Jandara. He had issue, two sons Zamindars of Ikona and Kaithoda
- 3.Kunwar Shri Dalil Singh, of Pachgaon. He had issue, four sons (the Pachgaon-ghar).
- a) Kunwar Moti Ram.
- b) Kunwar Anrudh Singh, of Adhupura. He had issue, two sons: i) Kunwar Bahkt Singh. ii) Samant Tara Chand, of Adhupura. He had issue, one son:Kunwar Kirat Singh, who succeeded as Maharaj Rana of Gohad and first Maharaj Rana of Dholpur.
- c) Kunwar Balju (Samant Rao Balju]), of (Nirpura). He had issue, three sons: i) Kunwar Gordhan Singh. ii) Kunwar Murjad Singh. He had issue, one son: (1) Samant Rao Fath Singh. iii) Kunwar Chhatrapat Singh, who succeeded Maharaj Rana of Gohad. iv) Kunwar Pratap Singh, who succeeded as Rana Girdhar Pratap Singh, Rana of Gohad.
- d) Kunwar Raghunath Singh. He had issue, two sons:
- 4) Kunwar Chhatra Singh. He had issue, two sons, who were Zamindar of Makhoi.
- 5) Kunwar Amrit Singh, of Rajpura. He had issue, two sons
Girdhar Pratap Singh (1755-1757) elected as Rana
Rana Bhim Singh had no son. Girdhar Pratap Singh fourth and youngest son of Samant Rao Balju was adopted by Rana Bhim Singh, and succeeded him on his death, 1756. But he could not rule for long as he expired in 1757. 
Kirat Singh elected as Rana
Maharaja Chhatra Singh Rana was issue less. After the death of Maharaja Chhatra Singh Rana in 1785 entire Gohad area turned into a symbol of anarchy, bloodshed and plunder which continued for 15 years. The Jat rebels could not be controlled either by Marathas or by the British. The revolutionary Jats unanimously declared Kirat Singh son of samant Tarachand of village Neerpura in 1803 as Rana of Gohad. Samant Tarachand was cousin of Rana Chhatar Singh. The coronation ceremony of Kirat Singh took place at ‘Bagathara fortress’, situated at a distance of 12 miles from Gohad, as Gohad and Gwalior were in possession of Sindhia at that time. Thus installed at the Baghthara Fortress, near Gohad, Chait Sud Chodas, Samvat 1845. Restored to the greater part of Gohad by the British in 1803. Granted Dholpur, Bari and Rajakhera in compensation for the seizure of Gohad by the Scindia of Gwalior, December 1805. Established his capital at Dholpur, from which his new state took its name.
- श्री चित्र सिंह जाट: ये दो भाई थे। लाल सिंह जाट और चित्रसिह. लाल सिंह जाट जी के दो पुत्र थे- गोपाल सिंह और जवाहर सिंह. गोपाल सिंह जी के दो पुत्र हैं प्रीतम सिंह और रिंकू सिंह, पुत्री - अनीता सको। चित्र सिंह के भी दो पुत्र थे। छोटे सिंह और नवाब सिंह और उनकी एक पुत्री थी बादामी राणा । छोटे सिंह जी के दो पुत्र तीन लड़की थी। पुत्र विक्रम बेताल और ब्रजेश पुत्री - चंद्रा गुडडो । नवाब सिंह जी के भी दो पुत्र हैं भूरा जाट और, हेमंत और दो पुत्री हैं वर्षा और गिरजेश।
- चित्तरसिंह ,
- लालसिंह ,
- कम्बोदसिंह ,
- कोक सिंह ,
- पंचमसिंह ,
- सुल्तानसिंह ,
- भूरा जाट पुत्र श्री नवाबसिंह
- Jagaon Ki Pothi
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Agnihotri (1985) : Gohad ke jaton ka Itihas (Hindi), Nav sahitya Bhawan, New Delhi,p.25
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Agnihotri (1985) : Gohad ke jaton ka Itihas(Hindi), pp. 61-62
Back to Jat Villages