Mention by Panini
....many skins of the Ranku deer worthy even of Brahmanas as tribute unto king Yudhishthira. And the tribes Vairamas, Paradas, Tungas, with the Kitavas who lived upon crops that depended on water from the sky or of the river and also they who were born in regions on the sea-shore, in woodlands, or countries on the other side of the ocean waited at the gate, being refused permission to enter, with goats and kine and asses and camels and vegetable, honey and blankets and jewels and gems of various kinds.
- ते वैरामाः पारथाश च वङ्गाश च कितवैः सह
- विविधं बलिम आथाय रत्नानि विविधानि च (II.47.10)
- अजाविकं गॊहिरण्यं खरॊष्ट्रं फलजं मधु
- कम्बलान विविधांश चैव थवारि तिष्ठन्ति वारिताः (II.47.11)
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Ajmer district
Villages in Nagaur district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Harda district
- Ramkaran Singh Paroda -Freedom fighter.
- R.S.Paroda - Padma Bhushan, Retired Director General, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Mahendra Singh Paroda - technocrat.
- Rajendra Singh Paroda - Scientist DRDO new Delhi.
- M.S.Paroda - Executive Engg. HAL Bangalore.
- Dr. Amar Singh Paroda - Ex. Chaiman, Scientist Recruitment Board ICAR, Date of Birth : 18-November-1939. VPO- Katyasani, Teh.- Merta City, Distt.- Nagaur, Rajasthan. Present Address : C-139, Krishna Nagar, New Pali Road, Jodhpur. Resident Phone Number : 0291-2728720
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.242, s.n.174
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.48, s.n. 1474
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. प-32
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.66
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.40
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Jat Clan in India,p. 267
- Ancient Indian Historical Traditions, p. 206 and 208
- Journal of Bihar and Orissa Research Society, XVIII, 209
Back to Jat Gotras