Paraswal (परसवाल) Faraswal (फरसवाळ) Parswal (पर्सवाळ) Parswal/Parsawal (पर्सवाल) Parsval (पर्सवाल) Parshwal (पर्शवाल) Paurushwal (पौरुसवाल) Poras (पोरस)/(पौरस) Parushwal (परूषवाल)/Poraswal (पोरसवाल)  Porous (पौरूस) gotra Jats live in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra and sevaral other stated in India. The Palsania town in Sikar district was founded by these people.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 4 Distribution in Uttarakhand
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 7 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 8 Distribution in Jharkhand
- 9 Notable persons from this clan
- 10 References
- Parshu was an ancient republic of Ayudhjivi Sangha known to Panini (V.3.117) and mentioned as Parshva (पार्श्व) in Mahabharata (VI.10.54). It may be the origin of this clan.
- They are said to be the descendants of King Porus.
- One of The Mahabharata Tribes - Parasika (पारसीक) Figure in 'geography' Mahabharata (VI.10.51); probably people of Persia or southern Iran.  Parasika (पारसीक) may be identified with Jat Gotra - Paraswal they were the occupying large lands and were zamindars.
Ram Swarup Joon writes about Purnwal, Phalswal or Poruswal: This gotra is spread all over the Punjab. A Puru King fought against Alexander. According to Arrian the historian of Alexander there were two Porus- es. These were not actually their names, but their gotras. In the Mahabharata they are mentioned as the "Purusik" tribe.
They are considered to be the descendants of the king Porus, who had war with Alexander the great.
This clan has been described by Megasthenes as the Parasangae (Paraswal), The hill-tribes between the Indus and the Iomanes, along with the Chrysei (Karesia), Cetriboni (Khatri), the Megallae (Mukul), the Chrysei (Karesia), the Cesi (Khasa) , and the Asange (Sangwa) Jat clans. (see - Jat clans as described by Megasthenes)
Bhim Singh Dahiya gives details about a Rigvedic tribe named Parsu : (RV X/86/23, Vlll/6/48) Parsava (1/105/8). A great donor King named Tirindira of this clan is mentioned in RV Vlll/6/46. Prithu Parsva, the great donor king is mentioned in Vlll/6/46. They are to be identified with Parsval clan of the Jats; gave their name, Pars, Persia to Iran. They are also mentioned by Panini (V/3/117).
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Ghaziabad district
Villages in J.P.Nagar district
Villages in Bulandshahar district
Village in Bijnor district
Villages in Meerut district
Villages in Muzaffarnagar district
Distribution in Uttarakhand
Villages in Hardwar district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Sonipat district
Villages in Panipat district
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Sikar district
Locations in Jaipur city
Banipark, Ramnagar (Sodala), Mansinghpura, Murlipura Scheme, Purani Basti, Yagyashala ki Bawri,
Villages in Jaipur district
Villages in Alwar district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Vidisha district
Villages in Bhopal district
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam district with population of this gotra are:
Villages in Gwalior district
Distribution in Jharkhand
Notable persons from this clan
- Naik Digendra Kumar (Paraswal) - Maha Vir Chakra. He comes from village Jhalara, tehsil Neem Ka Thana, district Sikar Rajasthan. Nation's second highest wartime gallantry award MAHA VIR CHAKRA was awarded to Naik Digendra Kumar on 15th August 1999 for his acts of bravery in Kargil War. He was in 2 Rajputana Rifles.
- Amra Ram Paraswal - MLA farmer leader from Moondwara village in tehsil Dhod of Sikar district in Rajasthan.
- Gen. K K Singh (Poraswal).
- Ch. Lal Singh Parshwal (Advocate),
- Ch. Jagdish Parshwal
- Gyan Prakash Poras - Late Gyan Prakash Poras was IPS in (Madhya Pradesh) cadre. He died in a Road accident. His daughter is Shikha Poras (Narwal), Deputy Collector in Madhya Pradesh and wife of Vikas Narwal IAS (Madhya Pradesh).
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.242, s.n.176
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. प-33
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. प-55
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. प-57
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.48,s.n. 1464
- तीरग्राहास्तर तॊया राजिका रम्यका गणाः । तिलकाः पारसीकाश च मधुमन्तः परकुत्सकाः ।(VI.10.51)
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V,p. 98
Back to Jat Gotras