In Haryana they are also in Hisar dist in village Balak(वलक), where from all Redhu gotra people migrated. It is the head village. In distt Jind there are total 28 kandele and 9 khera(खेङा) thus total no. are 36. Other villages in Haryana like Sangwa(सघवा) near Maham in Rohtak and Narnaund(नारनौद) in Hisar.
IT is also believed that in south India Reddy (रेड्डी) are the same people as Redhu here in Jind indicating both Redhu and Reddy(रेडी) are from common ancestors, few hundred years back. It is well known to us that during a war in Delhi two Redhu brothers got apart, one went to south and one remained here in Haryana who later on settled in Hisar district in village Balak(बलक). Most of Redhu followed one who went to south and a few remained in Delhi.
Villages founded by Redu clan
- Balak (Hisar)
- Kandela (Jind)
- Mandiyan (Pali) was founded about 400 years back by Manaram Jat of Redu gotra.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Pali district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Jind district
Villages in Hisar district
Villages in Panipat district
Villages in Rohtak district
- Lt. Gen Dalvir Singh Redhu, AVSM, VSM, Vr C(EX 10 para) basically from Loharheri village of Rohtak District,currently in Bikaner.
- Siddhartha Redhu - Major Siddhartha Redhu of Parachute Regiment / 31st Battalion The Rashtriya Rifles Army, was awarded with Sena Padak (Gallantry Award) on 26 January 2012 for his excellent services provided in the Army.
- Ishwar Singh Redhu [Delhi police Officer]of village Igrah. Distt-Jind, is recipient of "POLICE MEDAL FOR GALLANTRY" in the year 2002, and also recipient of "Police Medal for Meritorious Services" in the year 2001. MHA Notifications of the year 2001 and 2002 may please be seen for verification if any required by any individual.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. र-63
- History and study of the Jats/Chapter 10
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.58,s.n. 2173
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.242, s.n.193
Back to Jat Gotras