Originally, the founder of the village was a Rajput named Rathu and on his name, the name of the village is called Rithal. Later on, the Jats (Phaugats from Dadri, Narwals from Kathura, Nandals from Bohar and Dalals from Chiri) occupied the village and became the major caste of the village. The village was founded in 13th century. Towards the middle of the 18th century, Marathas, under the leadership of the Peshwas had established their sway over Haryana and most of North India. The intrusion of the Afghan, Ahmed Shah Abdali into India, culminated in the third battle of Panipat on January 14, 1761. Ahmad Shah defeated the Marathas and this marked the end of the Maratha ascendancy. The defeat of the Marathas and rapid decline of the Mughals after Aurangzeb's death led ultimately to the advent of the British rule.
Ghazi Khan was only Muslim who fought against Abdali Camp. He took his last breath in village Rithal near Rohtak. Samadhi of that great warrior is still present in the Village and well maintained by villagers.
- Mr. Susheel Narwal - Manager - Dainik Jagran
- Satish Nandal - A social worker in the village Satish Nandal was born on 03.06.1965 at the holy village RITHAL in Rohtak District of old Punjab state (Now Haryana). After taking Middle education at village Rithal , taken his High and Secondary education from Govt. Boys Sr. Sec. School R.K.Puram, New Delhi , B.Sc. (PCM), LL.B. , M.Sc., MCA from M.D.University Rohtak , LL.M from Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra and MBA from Sikkim Manipal University. He was first and founder President of Gram Kalyan Parishad Rithal of both the twins. Joined Govt. job in 1985 and presently working as SDO/Engineer in IT Department. He took part in village welfare deeds and social activities from time to time. He got married in 1989 with Sunita Rana of Village Kundal (Sonipat), who became the village Sarpanch in 1994 and stood first in her term for the welfare deed in the village. .Rithal.
- Sunita Nandal - Sunita Nandal is a social worker in the village. She was the Sarpanch of Rithal Phaugat during 1995-2000.During her tenure she worked hard and do lot of for her village. Rithal is a flood affected village and she had taken very pain in 1995-flood. Maximum land had been cultivated at that time. Being an educated Sarpanch (M.Com, B.Ed., and PGDCA), revenue resources for panchayat had been added. With her work ship she stood 1st in Haryana during the plan. The pavement of village streets, good cross-over passes( Jaal-Chounks), renovation of Harijan basti-Chaupals, Lining of water courses, the availability of drinking water, Easy transportation to cities, Exam centers at village school, overall brotherhood in village and many other social activities were the major issues during the period. By birth she belongs to Kundal Village in Sonipat District. She takes her school education from Central School Delhi Cantt, graduation from Delhi University and post graduation from H.P.University Shimla. Her husband, Satish Nandal, is a computer engineer with Govt of Haryana.
- Yudhveer Singh Narwal - Hockey Player
- Justice Jaswant Singh - presently Puisne Judge of Punjab & Haryana High Court belongs to Rithal and Phogat gotra. He has been elevated to the Bench after serving as Deputy and Additional Advocate General of Haryana for over a decade. Known for his amiable and pleasing disposition, Justice Jaswant Singh is a keen tennis player and is married to Dr. Rashmi a well-known gynaecologist of Chandigarh. The couple have one daughter.
- Dr. Mahendra Singh - belongs to Phogat gotra and is a well-known opthalmologist of Rohtak. Earlier, he served as Professor in PGI, Rohtak. His son, Dr. Harpreet Singh, is now a Professor of Medicine in PGI, Rohtak.
- Sub/Maj. Tek Ram Narwal (1935-2010)(Rithal-Rohtak) - Social Worker. Awarded by Hon. Governor of Haryana in 2008, Founder Chairman-Rural Education development Society,President (10 years) Tilak Nagar Welfare Society -Rohtak, Founder Member of Jat Bhawan(Rohtak), Jat bhawan was constructed under his supervision, Long time association with Jat Sabha Rohtak.
- Sh. Ranbir Singh Narwal (Rithal-Rohtak), Chairman - Rural Education Development Society, Director-Dashmesh Academy , C.B.S.E. Observer , President - Sanskrirti Parsar Sabha, President-Sub/Maj Tek Ram Narwal Memorial Trust
Back to Jat Villages